User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:27   #1
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
World of Warcraft

This will probably be my last post on GD for quite a while because it rocks.
Or I must have nothing to do at work.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 14:28   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: World of Warcraft

indeed.

plus pvp patch tomorrow \o/
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 15:08   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Which server are you on?
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 15:29   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Shadow Moon.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 15:30   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Al'Akir here... just because lots of Dutch people are on that one.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 15:51   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That PvP patch is going to turn the servers into a blistering nightmare straight out of hell.

Also Shadow Moon.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 16:17   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: World of Warcraft

Why is it so good?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 16:21   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Why is it so good?
Not just because he has a suit, but because he knows about business and stuff and he has a tie.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 16:25   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: World of Warcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Not just because he has a suit, but because he knows about business and stuff and he has a tie.
That's great
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 16:37   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Which server are you on?
about 5, though i've cleaned up some chars lately.

shattered hand has my l37 human pally

silver moon has my l22 dwarven priest.

i have chars on argent dawn and thunderhorn too, but i've not played any of those lately.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 16:51   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

just got it on wednesday
have a character on sylvanus (something like that anyway )

putting a character on argent dawn sometime soon though as some of my RL mates have a guild on there
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 16:52   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
just got it on wednesday
have a character on sylvanus (something like that anyway )

putting a character on argent dawn sometime soon though as some of my RL mates have a guild on there
Come onto Shadow Moon with me and Leshy.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 16:55   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

its very tempting, although you will be levels and levels ahead of me are either/both of you in a guild or something?
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 17:03   #14
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

i've got a l12 char on argent dawn

I -could- start a new one but i've got too many already
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 18:15   #15
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
its very tempting, although you will be levels and levels ahead of me are either/both of you in a guild or something?
Goon Squad!
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 18:49   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Goon Squad!
sounds cliquey.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 20:34   #17
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Al'Akir here... just because lots of Dutch people are on that one.
I have a lvl 9 Orc Rouge alt there, it's called Hicks, I don't play him enough though.

My main is a level 60 Paladin on Bladefist also called Hicks.

I doubt I'll be on again until the mass of raids is over with and everyone is playing normally.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 21:01   #18
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

gw > wow
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 22:14   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

PvP has been a bit hit and miss on the yank servers.

Servers are now lagging like an absolute bastard with every man and his dog farming honour for the epics that 99.99% of us are never going to get.

Some of my guildies are up to 1500+ kills already, in two days or so since patch, personally I'm at 200 and quite happy. Feedback from those not at 60 yet is, you're ****ed.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 22:27   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
PvP has been a bit hit and miss on the yank servers.

Servers are now lagging like an absolute bastard with every man and his dog farming honour for the epics that 99.99% of us are never going to get.

Some of my guildies are up to 1500+ kills already, in two days or so since patch, personally I'm at 200 and quite happy. Feedback from those not at 60 yet is, you're ****ed.
You do realise that... kills don't equal honour points? Especially kills of lower levels?

It should sort itself out in a few days. Fortunately I'm away at the weekend and so will miss the initial european shitstorm.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 22:35   #21
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why isn't this thread on the RPG forum?

it must qualify.

you're talking about 'orks' and crap like that

you've got your own shit secret language

and you're not making any sense.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 22:40   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
You do realise that... kills don't equal honour points? Especially kills of lower levels?

It should sort itself out in a few days. Fortunately I'm away at the weekend and so will miss the initial european shitstorm.
Yes, we know how the system works. Lower level kills are not counted, it only counts Honour Kills, so if they're not in the 48-60 range, it doesnt get counted as a kill. The top player on the server is a rogue who has solo'd like a bastard, has 7k+ cont at the moment, most of our top guys are in the 5-6k range.

We have a kill of Cairn Bloodhoof last night which hasnt been translated into honour yet, so that should add a shitload to our scores. All in all, I'm not a huge fan of the PvP farming, I do it because its something to do, but I dont find it all that enjoyable. I'll be happy to get the 2nd or 3rd rank so I get the anti-fear, caster shanking trinket.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 22:43   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i rest my case

utter gibberish.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 22:53   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

World of Warcraft isn't a "role playing" game. The only ones I can really think of, in the strictest interpretation, are Planescape: Torment and Knights of the Old Republic 2.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 22:58   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Re: The PvP system, I don't think it will last in its current incarnation. The actual playing of the game will get screwed up for far too many people if the constant zerging stays like this.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 23:02   #26
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
World of Warcraft isn't a "role playing" game. The only ones I can really think of, in the strictest interpretation, are Planescape: Torment and Knights of the Old Republic 2.

the normal people get to define what role playing is.

we are not beholden to your internal squabbles such as:

"so and so is not a 'real' role player"

we do not care.

you are each as bad as the others in our eyes.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 23:07   #27
Yahwe
I am.

I'd love to watch a role player civil war

we could televise it. the whole nation could sit behind tv sets screaming "why don't they get it? they have to physically hit the ****er typing it out doesn't work"

a bookies dream.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 23:37   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
the normal people get to define what role playing is.

we are not beholden to your internal squabbles such as:

"so and so is not a 'real' role player"

we do not care.

you are each as bad as the others in our eyes.
If WoW is an RPG, then, following the only comparable interpretation of the terms, so is any game with an avatar. Except DoW. Boom boom.

I don't care about "real" RPG's, it's just that the only games I can think of where you choose a role and play it are Torment and KOTOR2.
Unread 21 Apr 2005, 23:45   #29
Yahwe
I am.

don't try to suck me into your sick little roleplayer factions.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 00:41   #30
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

If there was even a teeny weeny bit of skill involved, I might have been convinced to ignore the awful graphics and boring gameplay and play. There isn't, so I won't.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 01:07   #31
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
I might have been convinced to ignore the awful graphics
Yeah, really horrible
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 01:16   #32
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
If there was even a teeny weeny bit of skill involved, I might have been convinced to ignore the awful graphics and boring gameplay and play. There isn't, so I won't.
i liked planetside. but honest to god it loses to WoW by a lot in all of these.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 01:21   #33
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Skill? No. Gamplay? No. Graphics? Very possibly, because you need all settings at their lowest to get decent FPS.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 01:32   #34
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ITT Boogster hasn't actually played WoW. What kind of PC do you have that can't get a decent FPS in WoW ? While the graphics are pretty they're hardly the most demanding out there, if you can't get a decent FPS with WoW then there isn't much you're going to be playing.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 02:36   #35
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I agree on one point with Boogster which is about the skills. There is no such thing as real, raw skill requirement to do well in a mmorpg. Ofcourse, with some better understanding of the mechanism of your character you will be doing a bit better but talking about pure skills, they're not involved or at least unnescecary in such games.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 02:55   #36
Yahwe
I am.

and so

the nerd war begins

all the rest of the world can ony wait, quietly, patiently, hoping, praying praying to god

that there are no survivors.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 08:49   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Skill? No. Gamplay? No. Graphics? Very possibly, because you need all settings at their lowest to get decent FPS.
Runs fine on my computer, and I made this thing a year ago for £300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I agree on one point with Boogster which is about the skills. There is no such thing as real, raw skill requirement to do well in a mmorpg. Ofcourse, with some better understanding of the mechanism of your character you will be doing a bit better but talking about pure skills, they're not involved or at least unnescecary in such games.
It depends what you mean by "skill". Of course it's not a twitch based game like UT2K4, but you still have to makle decisions in battle, and especially in PvP.

Quote:
If you think the gameplay is boring, then this genre really isn't for you. WoW is by far the most varied and interesting MMORPG I've come across. Have you played Morrowind? That's the thing that most springs to mind as a similar game.

Re: The graphics, yeah they don't have a high polygon count. But, like Warcraft III (you know, the game this looks most similar to) it's got an excellent design philosophy and is, at the very least, neat and well put together. Picture of actual gameplay! (I can't remember what settings they are, but they get an average of 60 fps, except when I'm taking photos)
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 08:55   #38
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

WoW runs fine for me too with my p3 800, geforce 4 64mb and 892mb ram
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 09:26   #39
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Yeah, certainly, just put off some details, it still will look great.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 09:37   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

You are pushing the minimum spec, mind.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 09:40   #41
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Ieft DOAC to go to WoW

Went back to DAOC post haste, WoW just lacks depth

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 09:56   #42
roadrunner_0
cynic

it also runs perfectly fine on my duron 950 with 256 RAM and a radeon 9200SE 128Mb card yes some of the options are turned down, but it still looks very pretty to me
(also, and possibly quite sadly, i was really really pleased when i hit level 10 last night )
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 10:19   #43
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

I came to lvl15 yesterday. Levelling is slowing down quite fast ATM and I'm not sure what to do to boost my level. Questing takes a long time to complete and killing monsters doesn't give a lot of XP (the ones that I can actually take on). I've been running along Westfall for a while now and am running out of decent quests in that area, and I've found Loch Modan but I don't really know my way in that area. Luckilly I found out about thottbot to help me find quests.

Sadly my Radeon X800 Pro card crashes constantly (yes, the card itself) which isn't really adding to the experience. VPU-recover kicks in after every fart. I ordered a new PSU hoping that fixes the prob.

BTW, teamspeak is really cool with WoW. I was invited into a Dutch guild with two old schoolmates and some other high-level people, it's funny to hear them speak the game's abbreviations out loud.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 11:02   #44
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
BTW, teamspeak is really cool with WoW. I was invited into a Dutch guild with two old schoolmates and some other high-level people, it's funny to hear them speak the game's abbreviations out loud.
EL EF GEE ER EF CEE PEE EL ZET!

Also, I'm level 53 now.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 12:22   #45
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

To be honest, Anarchy Online, still impresses me the most out of all mmorpg's I've played purily looking at the game mechanics, diversity, amount of items ingame, diversity in character builds etc.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 12:31   #46
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I played the European beta and found it very boring.

I played Shadowbane last year for a few months, that's a cool MMORPG with some good PvP content.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 15:57   #47
Boogster
I dunno...

Sorry, I was a little abstruse. I meant that on Planetside the graphics are poor, because you need all settings down low. I stand by my original statement though:

RPGs, as a genre, require no skill - just hard graft (ie. time spent online), or lots of mates.
As a result, RPGs suffer from stale gameplay.
And WoW's graphics are below the standards set by recent games.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 16:16   #48
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
RPGs, as a genre, require no skill - just hard graft (ie. time spent online), or lots of mates.
As a result, RPGs suffer from stale gameplay.
A bit like another game we all used to play.
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 16:36   #49
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

can someone give me one of those trial thingies?

if you are kind, let me know and i'll pm my email or whatever i need tod o
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Apr 2005, 16:39   #50
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

I'd have given you mine if I hadn't accidentally used it instead of my real retail key.