User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:39   #1
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Windy Weather

At one time in my life, there was a ten year period during which I was a postman. During that time in my life, I learned to hate windy weather. In the last 30 years after ceasing to be a postman, I have not lost my antipathy toward said meterological conditions of air in motion.

Now a light zephyr is pleasant on a warm summer's day and a gently wafting breeze on a summer's evening can be very sweet. However, when the wind gets into double digits (mph) it loses all of its charm.

Today, Stockton, California, is being buffeted by winds gusting to 60 freaking miles per hour. Rather large trees have been snapped off near the base and many, many tree limbs litter the streets. I DO NOT wish to be one of those poor saps (no pun intended) who is crushed by a falling tree or part thereof.

I am in my office knowing that I need to go to the law library to do some research. (Fascinating stuff on a couple individuals who have been charged with doing in excess of 5 mph in a 5 mph slow zone while in their boat.) However, while there only a few trees on my route, the thought of walking out into a wind tunnel, with rain being driven sideways, does not appeal to me.

Thank god I have GD to keep me warm.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 19:44   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Windy Weather

Deporting Michael Fish to California was one of the wisest moves our government has made
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 20:08   #3
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Who is Michael Fish?
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 20:46   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like wind.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:08   #5
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
I have serious gasteral problems. And I like it.
FIXED.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:33   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
10 years of practice and you still can't post properly. - level 1
Seems like someone could use a hug.

/hugs horn
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 4 Jan 2008, 23:34   #7
All Systems Go

Quote:
did you do this job while training to be a lawyer or is there somekind of heartwarming story about how a man of low expectations one day found a legal document at the bottom of his postbag after a hard days slog, and upon reading it decided through law he could change the world?
Want he means is, did you steal your qualifications off some poor student who is probably now working your old post route?
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 04:15   #8
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
At one time in my life, there was a ten year period during which I was a postman. During that time in my life, I learned to hate windy weather. In the last 30 years after ceasing to be a postman, I have not lost my antipathy toward said meterological conditions of air in motion.

Now a light zephyr is pleasant on a warm summer's day and a gently wafting breeze on a summer's evening can be very sweet. However, when the wind gets into double digits (mph) it loses all of its charm.

Today, Stockton, California, is being buffeted by winds gusting to 60 freaking miles per hour. Rather large trees have been snapped off near the base and many, many tree limbs litter the streets. I DO NOT wish to be one of those poor saps (no pun intended) who is crushed by a falling tree or part thereof.

I am in my office knowing that I need to go to the law library to do some research. (Fascinating stuff on a couple individuals who have been charged with doing in excess of 5 mph in a 5 mph slow zone while in their boat.) However, while there only a few trees on my route, the thought of walking out into a wind tunnel, with rain being driven sideways, does not appeal to me.

Thank god I have GD to keep me warm.
grow a backbone. i have no interest in you dying ergo you will not die
Unread 5 Jan 2008, 12:39   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Windy Weather

Can't go on
everything I had is gone
Stormy weather
since my man and I ain't together
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 13:46   #10
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

Quote:
did you do this job while training to be a lawyer or is there somekind of heartwarming story about how a man of low expectations one day found a legal document at the bottom of his postbag after a hard days slog, and upon reading it decided through law he could change the world?
Yeah, I'm more interested in that story than the movement of wind aswell. Gather the young ones around the fireplace, grandpa dda will tell us a story about a time when he was still a patriotic god fearing republican and his biggest concern every day was facing the tough cold northern wind.
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2008, 15:39   #11
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
Yeah, I'm more interested in that story than the movement of wind aswell. Gather the young ones around the fireplace, grandpa dda will tell us a story about a time when he was still a patriotic god fearing republican and his biggest concern every day was facing the tough cold northern wind.
There's a Hilary Clinton joke in there, somewhere.
Unread 8 Jan 2008, 01:02   #12
dda
USS Oklahoma

I hated being a letter carrier. I hated telling people that I was a letter carrier. I disliked it so much that I went to law school just so I could tell people, "Why yes I do carry the mail but that is just a way to put myself through law school."

This is much in the same way that whenever I am forced to admit that I post on GD (a very rare circumstance, I assure you) I always say that it was just something that I did to gain information for my job.
Unread 8 Jan 2008, 03:23   #13
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
I hated being a letter carrier. I hated telling people that I was a letter carrier. I disliked it so much that I went to law school just so I could tell people, "Why yes I do carry the mail but that is just a way to put myself through law school."

This is much in the same way that whenever I am forced to admit that I post on GD (a very rare circumstance, I assure you) I always say that it was just something that I did to gain information for my job.
how strange

you still have to admit (one assumes) to being an american. after that shame i am surprised that other smaller matters afflict you so
Unread 8 Jan 2008, 08:46   #14
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

Try being Belgian.
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2008, 17:23   #15
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
being english genuinely is embarrassing.
That changes when you spend enough time abroad and gain perspective - english resorts excluded. Unless you never learn another language, your time abroad consists of smashing cafes while following manchester united in the champions league or you're already narrow minded about anything not British, not from London, etc.

Gent's a nice city...

Last edited by Hebdomad; 8 Jan 2008 at 23:54. Reason: grammar!
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2008, 23:29   #16
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
how strange

you still have to admit (one assumes) to being an american. after that shame i am surprised that other smaller matters afflict you so
Feeling guilty about being at the top of the food chain is not the same as feeling shame.

One just feels sorry for those of you who don't have the advantage of being from God's chosen county.

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave!
Unread 8 Jan 2008, 23:47   #17
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Feeling guilty about being at the top of the food chain
A very curious expression, I'm sure you'll agree, when one considers what it is that you and your countrymen actually eat ...
Unread 9 Jan 2008, 03:51   #18
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Who is Michael Fish?
He's an infamous BBC Weatherman. Just before The Great Storm of 1987, Michael Fish said during a weather forecast several hours before
Quote:
"Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way; well, if you're watching, don't worry, there isn't, but having said that, actually, the weather will become very windy, but most of the strong winds, incidentally, will be down over Spain and across into France."
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2008, 12:59   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Windy Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
Try being Belgian.
You're sick in the head.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2008, 18:47   #20
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Dave
He's an infamous BBC Weatherman. Just before The Great Storm of 1987, Michael Fish said during a weather forecast several hours before

Quote:
"Earlier on today, apparently, a woman rang the BBC and said she heard there was a hurricane on the way; well, if you're watching, don't worry, there isn't, but having said that, actually, the weather will become very windy, but most of the strong winds, incidentally, will be down over Spain and across into France."

From the same bloody Wikipedia article:
Quote:
Fish has subsequently claimed that his comments about a hurricane had nothing to do with the UK; they referred to Florida, USA, and were linked to a news story that immediately preceded the weather bulletin, but had been so widely repeated out of context that the British public remains convinced he was referring to the approaching storm. According to Michael Fish, the woman in question was actually a colleague's mother who was about to go on holiday in the Caribbean and had called regarding Hurricane Floyd to see if it would be safe to travel.[5]

Fish went on to warn viewers in the UK to "batten down the hatches", saying it would be "very windy" across the south of England, but predicted that the storm would move further south along the English Channel and the British mainland would escape the worst effects. The remainder of his warning is frequently left out of re-runs which only adds to the public's misrepresentation of his forecasting that evening.

His analysis has been defended by weather experts. In particular, the lack of a weather ship in the Southwest Approaches, due to Met Office cutbacks, meant the only manner of tracking the storm was by using satellite data (automatic buoys had not been deployed at the time).

Ironically, earlier forecasts as far back as the preceding weekend had correctly identified that gale force winds would affect Southern England. However later runs of the model had indicated a more southerly track for the low pressure system, incorrectly indicating that the strongest winds would be confined to Northern and Central France.
Unread 9 Jan 2008, 19:56   #21
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's all tongue-in-cheek, making fun of Michael Fish. It's not really supposed to be taken seriously, wikixpert
Unread 9 Jan 2008, 21:40   #22
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
From the same bloody Wikipedia article:
Yeah, I saw that too and thought it was quite humorous, poor guy gets a lot of stick for something that he had very little control over
We shall remember them.
Unread 9 Jan 2008, 21:43   #23
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that too and thought it was quite humorous, poor guy gets a lot of stick for something that he had very little control over
he said on radio 4 that he thought it was all quite funny now and that in the end it had at least made him the most famous weatherman

P.S. I think he's rather wonderful
Unread 10 Jan 2008, 13:30   #24
All Systems Go

Quote:
Well apart from stand facing the wind and blowing, I'm not sure what else you expect him to do.
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 00:16   #25
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Well apart from stand facing the wind and blowing, I'm not sure what else you expect him to do.
what?
We shall remember them.
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 13:19   #26
All Systems Go

He's a weatherman, not and X-man. He can't actually control the weather.
Unread 11 Jan 2008, 23:51   #27
Maladoni
Infrequent

Maladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud ofMaladoni has much to be proud of

Quote:

P.S. I think he's rather wonderful
Yes. He'd of made the Muppet Show if it was still running at the time. Bless. Still he comes second behind Patrick Moore in the Uncle you should of had.

I'm with DDA on this. I have a fear of the wind that I can pin point to a single experience. I have the account neatly ordered in my head, yet nothing I have done to confront this, makes it bearable.
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 01:38   #28
dda
USS Oklahoma

Quote:
I find this very disappointing and I fear a little disillusioning. TV personalities SHOULD (and frequently are) superheros. In later incarnations, wasn't Superman a tv journalist?
Unread 12 Jan 2008, 18:23   #29
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Yes, I know

Quote:
poor guy gets a lot of stick for something that he had very little control over
We shall remember them.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 12:59   #30
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladoni
Yes. He'd of made the Muppet Show if it was still running at the time. Bless. Still he comes second behind Patrick Moore in the Uncle you should of had.

I'm with DDA on this. I have a fear of the wind that I can pin point to a single experience. I have the account neatly ordered in my head, yet nothing I have done to confront this, makes it bearable.
Were you sexually aboused by an old man in the park on a very windy day?
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 13:00   #31
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
In later incarnations, wasn't Superman a tv journalist?
I really hope not. Is nothing sacred?!
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 13:01   #32
All Systems Go

Quote:
Yes, I know
Yes. That is the part I quoted.
Yes. It is still wrong.
Unread 13 Jan 2008, 17:26   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think Superman had a video blog in his free time.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jan 2008, 20:09   #34
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Try living near Chicago, we had a blizzard on New Years day, last monday we had thunderstorms with tornadoes, and yesterday we had another blizzard...
Unread 15 Jan 2008, 20:45   #35
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt25man
Try living near Chicago, we had a blizzard on New Years day, last monday we had thunderstorms with tornadoes, and yesterday we had another blizzard...
they really should give chicago a special name ...
Unread 16 Jan 2008, 07:25   #36
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
they really should give chicago a special name ...
They do have a slogan "Thank God Yahwe doesn't live here"