User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Nov 2005, 20:30   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Get it. Seriously.
If you liked any of the Underground series and the concept of the older Hot Persuit series (the execution was terrible), then you're in luck. They've finally taken the best bits from all of them and put them into one great game.

Highlights:
- Police chases (more below)
- Finally, daylight is back. No more permanent nightime like in Underground
- All the car customisation from Underground, improved with better cars and visuals
- The race types from Underground plus a couple of extra innovations
- You can find races by driving round the map or by the menus if you just want to get on with it

So the police chase bit. This was a great idea in the Hot Persuit series, but was somewhat spoilt by the fact that the gameplay was utterly crap.
Not so this time, thankfully.
A chase can start at ANY time. You could just be cruising around the map between races, or if you're unlucky enough the police will spot your race and start trying to bring you down while it's still in progress. Different circuits/events have different chances of being patrolled so you have to make a careful choice.
On top of this, the police will remember you. The more they chase you in your current car, the more they will in future, as the heat against you rises. To reduce the heat, you can park up the car and use a different one (if you own one of course), while the heat on the parked car slowly goes down. You can also change the appearance of the car to reduce the heat.

The chase idea itself is superbly done. When you're spotted, there's a "matrix-esque" moment as the action pauses and the camera swings round to show you where the cop car is - this also gives you time for a quick think about what to do before all hell breaks loose. The police AI is actually pretty smart. They won't bother you too much when they don't know you much, so you might have just one car chasing you which you can shake off easily. Once they know who you are, you have up to 7 cars after you (max i've had so far), spike strips, rolling roadblocks, and attempts to spin you to deal with. Just for maximum effect, they've also put in the sort of music you get on police chase shows in the US, which kicks in as soon as you're spotted.
And the incentive? If they catch you, your car gets impounded - so you REALLY need to be careful.

All in all, I think it's a pretty good evolution of the series.
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 20:37   #2
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Need For Speed: Most Wanted

I loved NFS2, could never get 3 to run on my win2k PC (said it was 95/98/ME only ), and as I'm lazy, what kind of spec will it require?
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 21:40   #3
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Someone at work told me it was crap.

But I'd like to get a copy to make my own judgement.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 22:06   #4
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
specs

he minimum system requirements necessary to play Need For Speed: Most Wanted Black Edition are as follows.

Windows 2000 or XP
1.4GHz Pentium IV or comparable processor
256MB RAM
A video card with at least 32MB of video memory with DirectX 9.0c (or higher) compatible drivers, supporting one of the chipsets listed below.
At least 3GB of available hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c (or higher) installed
A DirectX compliant sound card
8X CD-ROM Drive
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 27 Nov 2005, 22:29   #5
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

hmm...it's entirely possible that will run on my machine...3gig of space is quite a lot though, though I haven't bought a game for about 3 years...
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 00:54   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

On my system I'm in the lucky position of being able to have everything turned up to high, but I did try it with everything on low just to see and it still looked pretty good.
Anyway, the major pull is the gameplay; as games go it doesn't look that special anyway - it's certainly no Halflife 2.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 01:09   #7
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglamaniac
Anyway, the major pull is the gameplay; as games go it doesn't look that special anyway - it's certainly no Halflife 2.
So its not scary? I found all Halflifes scary
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 04:01   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

Well it was scary just now in one respect... I only had one car (what a tit) and the police picked me up halfway through a race... once the race ended it took me 15 bloody minutes - that's real minutes - to get rid of them

If they had caught me it would have literally been game over.
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 04:10   #9
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

you're one crazy chick megla!
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2005, 04:54   #10
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

My Gallardo looks very similar to This

The game is fantastic, get it.
Cooling is offline   Reply With Quote