User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:07   #1
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
woopeedoopeedi ......... legal drugs question

i gave up coffee because i thought perhaps it was making me twitchy

i just had a latte and am pretty sure i could run 47 miles and crawl about on the ceiling now
its sort of like being on a little bit of speed

anyway
does anyone know who decided which drugs should be legal and which not
and what they based the decision on?
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:10   #2
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: woopeedoopeedi ......... legal drugs question

A latté has expresso in it doesn't it? So you gave up coffee and then drank stronger stuff?

Erm, legal drugs? Hash I suppose...not that I particularly want to smoke it myself these days but I'd prefer to have all those scumbags walkin around in towns stoned instead of drunk.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:17   #3
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

gave up months and months ago
this morning was an experiment to see if it was the coffee making me twitchy or if i was just a twitchy kind of girl
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:18   #4
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

yack coffee lol.....prefer Tea or Hot Chocolate

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:27   #5
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty much decided by the old house of lords I reckon, whatever the UK could capitalise on was made legal, the stuff that would see money leaving the country was illegal, as time progressed we used more common sense.

I'd imagine that anything that is Habit forming but doesn't impair or affect your abilities would be considered safe enough to be legal so long as the quantities it was available in over the counter would not result in possible instant death.

I'd imagine the things that do impair or affect your abilities that isn't habit forming are also considered legal so long as the amount needed to cause serious harm to oneself would be rather excessive and self-deliberate on the suicidal front.

Personally I think we made Opium illegal however because the main grower was China and we really hated China back then.... and since we made that illegal we've kinda had to you know show consistentcy.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:52   #6
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm disappointed at the negativity heaved towards coffee nowadays. It's understandable if people choose not to drink it for the right reasons (don't like the taste, sensitive to caffeine), but when people blacklist it for the wrong reasons it's annoying (bad for health and generally evil).
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:57   #7
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im not entirely certain either. I think they would rather have made all drugs illegal tbh, but alcohol tobacco and caffeine were too popular at the time for a ban to have worked.

It really does make very little sense to have banned substances for over 18s in todays society though. Possibly it did back then, but the illegality of drugs just seems archaic these days its a terrible shame.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 12:58   #8
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not negative towards coffee drinking per se, I just have to point out that it is habit forming to the level where it can prove derogatory to your digestive health, it's not unfamiliar for heavy coffee drinkers to experience ulceration of the stomach lining, however heavy water drinkers aren't going to suffer the same.

There are negative's to coffee but I think you are reacting to it like we are comparing it to nicotine or worse when we generally aren't.

It's like trying to stop eating chocolate/pizza etc or trying to cut out fizzy drinks.

Coffee could do with having more nutritional content though to be honest... as it stands it dehydrates.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 15:27   #9
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

uh, why would you want to change coffee?
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 15:38   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
does anyone know who decided which drugs should be legal and which not
"The government."
Quote:
and what they based the decision on?
"The colour of the sky."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
as time progressed we used more common sense
I call fallacy!
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 15:48   #11
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
as time progressed we used more common sense.

Analogue Law

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote