User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Aug 2004, 02:23   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Wow, isn't this just the cat's ass

So, my car got broken into last night, and I got about $1000 worh of stuff taken from me. Naturally, I contacted the police and reported the crime that had been commited against me. And much to my absolute joy, they told me "well, we're sorry to hear that, but there's nothing we can do for you. But hey, if it wasn't for bad luck, you probably wouldn't have any luck at all, haha. Thanks for reporting it, but again there is nothing we can do, have a good day."

Like, what the ****...ya, I'm so increadibly rich that I can just totally afford to go replace the $1000 worth of stuff no problem. Assholes. Naturally, I've been in a great mood all ****ing day long.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 03:10   #2
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sunday8pm is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wow, isn't this just the cat's ass

Insurance?

Any CCTV in the area?

Frequent occurance?

Any Witnesses or Neigbourhood protection schemes?

And finally, wtf were you doing leaving something worth $1k in a car?

p.s. If you really feel you have been aggrieved then write to the local paper about it, make the letter anon however and hope they aren't too smart to track through the records to work out who complained.
Sunday8pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 03:11   #3
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

There can be only one solution. Kill 'em all.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 03:12   #4
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Damn pigs
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 03:24   #5
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Insurance?

Any CCTV in the area?

Frequent occurance?

Any Witnesses or Neigbourhood protection schemes?

And finally, wtf were you doing leaving something worth $1k in a car?

p.s. If you really feel you have been aggrieved then write to the local paper about it, make the letter anon however and hope they aren't too smart to track through the records to work out who complained.
yes, but the $1000 deductable kinda makes it useless to put a claim in

no

ya, there's been a string of break ins here over the last week

not likely, it was overnight sometime

well, the $1k in my car wasn't one thing...it was my $200 oakly sunglasses, about $30 in cash, and all my cd's
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 04:59   #6
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same thing happen, all I could do was claim insurance and try to recover what ever I could that got nicked.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 05:33   #7
Sunday8pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
yes, but the $1000 deductable kinda makes it useless to put a claim in

no

ya, there's been a string of break ins here over the last week

not likely, it was overnight sometime

well, the $1k in my car wasn't one thing...it was my $200 oakly sunglasses, about $30 in cash, and all my cd's
Ok in the UK, we kinda get these advertisement campaigns that tell you not to leave shit like Oakley's, CD's and cash in the car once you get out, it's pretty much common sense.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 06:18   #8
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
it was my $200 oakly sunglasses,
people who spend that much on sunglasses deserve to have them stolen.
Quote:
about $30 in cash, and all my cd's
this is what MP3s are for

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 06:31   #9
Chaim Weizmann

That's what you get for not locking your car. I recommend you built and 8-ft tall security wall around it.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 07:09   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The GD sympathy train rolls on.

I'm sorry you had your stuff stolen Dilly.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 08:14   #11
Sunday8pm
Banned

Sorry if he lost anything that BELONGS IN A CAR WHEN YOU AREN'T IN IT.

Also sorry if he lost anything of PRATICAL worth, I agree with oakley's deserving to be stolen.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 09:47   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You want the thing they have in Robocop, where anyone getting into the car gets eletrocuted unless they're you.

Bosh!
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 10:22   #13
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

i would have a look at getting a better insurance deal if i wear you

(you should have complained straight away to the police boss man at the station for the disrespect shown by the person answering the phone.
you have a right to have the crime investigated !!!! tell them to send a man with a dodgy mustache and a finger print dusting brush over straight away)
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 10:49   #14
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

What exactly were you expecting the police to do?
Were you expecting a full blown CSI style investigation using the latest technology to track down the chav bastards who stole your stuff?

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 11:45   #15
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

yeah bummer that your stuff was stolen dude.

Here's an idea. Put your car back on the street with even more stuff in it. Then go sit and wait till they come around and bust their asses .

*Sorry just let my fantasy kick in a bit*
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 12:28   #16
Superpig #1
^ ^ Clearly Stolen ^ ^

Superpig #1 is infamous around these parts

Everyones so kind on these boards
This is a man in a wheelchair - &

and that was my sig.
Superpig #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 12:28   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It was $1000 canadian though. I mean , i carry more than that in my pocket on a night out
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 12:47   #18
Sunday8pm
Banned

Remind me to mug you of the 450 odd quid you carry on nights out kura.
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 13:04   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday8pm
Remind me to mug you of the 450 odd quid you carry on nights out kura.
Feel free

Id probably be carrying the least amount of cash of the lads that were out
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2004, 19:14   #20
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaim Weizmann
That's what you get for not locking your car.
heh, ya I forgot to mention that all the windows and doors were wide open with a big flashing neon sign saying "the car's open kids, grab what you can"

for those who did not detect the sarcasm in that sentence, yes...the car was locked tighter than a nun's twat, they jimmied the lock open with a coat hanger or some other such device.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 12:43   #21
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Bastards. Well yeah, cops can't do anything really. Over the past couple of years the family cars have been broken into. Various stealthy methods such as:
  • a breeze block through the window
  • a crowbar through the window, even though th door was unlocked (they forgot the crowbar)
  • some body appendage through the window (blood everywhere, some idiot clearly punched the window in)
  • a screwdriver to mangle the main door lock, remove it, mangle the internal lock, fail to open it and then smashed the window.
  • pryed open the boot, stole what was in it, broke the back seats, opened the car from the inside.

Most of the time nothing much was in the car to be taken. Defeats the purpose of breaking into a car I always thought.

Had two different cars stolen by methods the same as above. One was found later and the other was on blocks in the scum hole part of town where someone clearly tried to set fire to it, they didn't bank of some fire retardant seats though. So they took out the baby seat and lit that on fire instead. Rock and Roll!

Clearly master criminals the lot of them. The cops would always say "oh, sorry to hear that, thanks for reporting it *click* ".
Though there wasn't much they could do. To be honest, there isn't much the cops around here will do. Apart from be corrupt and sit on their arses all day. (ofc)
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 13:13   #22
Sunday8pm
Banned

The most you can say in those situations though is that at most the criminals are banging their head against a brick wall when they've tried your car.

Musn't be good for your insurance premiums but I'm guessing that they are probably high for everyone in your postcode region?
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:03   #23
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

This was over like 2-3 years methinks. The insurance was high enough as it was so (as It was the family car) my dad only claimed for damages twice I think. Insurance hiked up, basically paid the cost of the repairs back in premiums.
So he just stopped claiming on insurance.
Then, since the cops wouldn't do anything about it, the entire adult population of our neighbourhood (some 350 houses) decided to do something about the roaming gangs of scum.

A few phone calls to the hooligans parents, a few quick confrontations and alot of weight behind the "requests" for the kids to be controlled...we didn't have the problem anymore.

Pretty much been that way ever since. That was a while back. Insurance costs have soared in the meantime, not becuase the area is bad or has gotten worse. Just because Insurance companies are ****ers.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:19   #24
Sunday8pm
Banned

Soared over here in canada too, just cause they can.... I think we are being fleeced lads and there needs to be some sort of OFTEL(or similar) intervention to control it.

A lot of insurance companies I think are trying now to cover losses on the stock market with their finances by making us pay for their gambles.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:30   #25
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute

awww dilly
ok i forgive you for not coming on friday
*hugz*
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:33   #26
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

They got caught out badly here, they were complaining for about 5 years straight that they were making H-U-G-E losses and that premiums needed to rise.
So they did. They rose and rose. They descriminated against young male drivers. I had to pay around £3000 a year insurance as a named driver on a 1992 1.1 litre Ford Fiesta with a full licence when I started driving.

Then the government decided to investigate and a report concluded that all the insurance companies, for those 5 years, recorded record profits. Far in excess of what would normally be expected. The companies said "well, yeah, so what" and still decided to charge more.

Then the legal threats came, the potential measures on reducing premiums by force. So they decided to reduce the premiums.
Which they did, by about 5%. Which means they are still raking in money all over the place.

Bastards.
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:38   #27
Sunday8pm
Banned

Yah same over here, the problem is they are trying to hold current goverments over a barrel with regards to the fact that if they all work together and refuse to insure anyone the goverment would have to do it themselves at great risk of running them into a budget deficit, which a lot of countries don't want atm due to the negative relfection it gives and the ammo to the opposing parties not to also mention the problems it creates in europe with regards to membership to the EU.

That and of course fixing it without looking too totalitarian whcih would adversely upset as many people as it'd please with regards to providing cheaper insurance.

It is indeed a dark future.