User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Feb 2004, 18:17   #1
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Is Birmingham completley worthless?

I only ask because I have a work related trip there on Thursday. Some sort of housing course on how some loser neighbourhood improved or something.

Is anyone actually from Birmginham here? I can't remember.

Is the place any good? Is there anything / anywhere I should avoid? (aside from the inhabitants, obviously)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 18:18   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Is Birmingham completley worthless?

I'm thankful for the existance of Birmingham, because it means I don't have to go via London when I go to Oxford.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 18:44   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In this thread we discuss whether having a rhetorical question for the topic really does make a thread spam.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 18:49   #4
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Went last week on my way to tamworth.
Only went to the city centre.
Wasnt impressed.
I'm guessing it's a complete shite hole.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 18:51   #5
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've been to Tamworth, it has that indoor skiing place.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 18:57   #6
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Yeah that's where i went. And fell quite a bit.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:00   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Octagonecologyst
Yeah that's where i went. And fell quite a bit.
I used to ski quite a bit, but I haven't been to Austria since I was, ooh, 13 years old.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:00   #8
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Is Birmingham completley worthless?

I've been to York. On the bus.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:01   #9
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I've been to York. On the bus.
I was in Yorkshire at the weekend.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:02   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Is Birmingham completley worthless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Why?
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:05   #11
Weeks
Banned

I was in York also.
Didnt think much to it.
But then im not a sight seeing type of person.
More of a find a nice pub/bar/resturant type of person.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:07   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Why?
Giles's brother came up from UEA, and we were working on the film.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:16   #13
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

i've being to york dunno why tho

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:20   #14
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Giles's brother came up from UEA, and we were working on the film.
Giles is in a film? Corr.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:41   #15
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place

In birmingham they love the governor
Now we all did what we could do
Now watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth

!!!
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 19:55   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

I'm in canada, quite spiffing really.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 20:09   #17
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the bullring is usually quite popular.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 20:22   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Giles is in a film? Corr.
Giles's brother =! Giles.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 20:33   #19
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
the bullring is usually quite popular.
Its pretty good.
I quite like Birmingham, they've cleaned it up a lot.
I went to a nice Tapas!!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 21:07   #20
Weeks
Banned

isnt the bullring just a huge shopping centre?
shouldda been called the ****ring,
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 21:22   #21
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Giles's brother =! Giles.
You didn't say who was doing what. I mean, it's eminently plausible that Giles is a (porn?) film star.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 22:38   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't see what this endless chatter about pornographic films and Yorkshire has to do with Birmingham.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 22:42   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't see what this endless chatter about pornographic films and Yorkshire has to do with Birmingham.
Maybe that's why I've got 15,000 posts and you haven't.
Unread 24 Feb 2004, 23:33   #24
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Because for every one of his posts, you've posted 3 irrelevant replies?

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 10:49   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Because for every one of his posts, you've posted 3 irrelevant replies?
All my posts are holistic.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 11:09   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
So MrL you are making a film?
Writing a film.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 11:15   #27
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's an antigenre comedy.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 11:19   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
So what's the concept?
The situation is a sort of zombie thing (think The Dawn of the Dead, but in an art gallery), however the main characters (Tim, Ed and Three) transcend the genre, whilst everyone around them is more basic.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 11:24   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
I knew it, you are aware that Shawn of the Dead comes out in like a month right?
Yes, but we thought of the idea before we heard of that, and it's like saying that The Hulk shouldn't have been made because T3 was coming out. The ideas (at least, what I can gather of them) are substantially different.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 11:28   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Writing it because we can, although the beeb has expressed an interest in some previous work by my coauthor, and we're following this up by writing a sitcom. And then a detective story.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 12:50   #31
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Which bit of Brum are you going to? - the city centre is OK, but if you're looking fro Broad Street where the majoriry of pubs and clubs are then follow the signs from the city centre towards the ICC (International Convention Centre) and the Symphony Hall, as there's about a quarter of a mile separation.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 13:01   #32
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

It's called The Tasteful Dead (at the moment anyway), although it does have titled subsections such as Death Wears a Trilby or Zombies of the Living Dead.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 13:44   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Why's Giles in it?
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 13:45   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Why's Giles in it?
We needed a tea boy.
Unread 25 Feb 2004, 16:53   #35
pyirt
nomen est omen

pyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond reputepyirt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I`m in Bristol at the mo. Seems quite ok to me.

Me=Hans_Blix
Views expressed are those of the author and not of any company or organisation I am associated with. Electronic communication can be forged and the integrity of this message is not guaranteed.
pyirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 03:22   #36
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i made a film once, i say film - it only lasted for 10 minutes. was ****ing brilliant though, except for that one scene where i left the date/time on the camera and didnt realise until we edited it had some great comdy out takes too!

birmingham is ****ing shit.
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 22:34   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Sorry to bumpt this thread slightly, but as a follow up my summary of Birmingham is...

Not as bad as I thought

Still pretty shit though.

Admittedly I spent most of my time in the Balsall Heath area. It's an area which had a real problem with whores on each street corner (I'd consider this convenience personally, but apparently they were annoyed at their daughters being harrassed by drugs addicts and kerb crawlers and stuff).

So what did they? They formed a vigilante Muslim group (basically) and sorted the problem out themselves. I kept thinking of that moronic thread the other day about the legality of violence. We had a talk from the ex-Chief Inspector (or something) for the area who praised the idea.

Quote of the Day (from one of the 'community leaders'):
"We found that all the prostitution was controlled by twenty different pimps. On the South Side there were eight Asian pimps who were involved. We dealt with them quite easily. We went, confronted them, took their photos, and threatened to tell their mothers.[...]They were gone within a week."
Unread 26 Feb 2004, 23:56   #38
Sir_Workalot

i come from birmingham lol!
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 23:42   #39
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Careful of the Burgers & the Johnnies if you're at Birmingham. Organised gangs they are.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2004, 23:55   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Careful of the Burgers & the Johnnies if you're at Birmingham. Organised gangs they are.
Well, organised for Birmingham.