User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:13   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Help me Masters of Words!

I'm doing a presentation on Tuesday. It is supposed to be anything to do with the implications of technology in society.

So I'm doing mine on Online Relationships vs. Regular/Offline Relationships.

However, that's a crap title.

Anyone fancy thinking up a better title for it for me?

Something like... "Relationship or E-lationship?"

;(
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:19   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Help me Masters of Words!

Is cyber sex better than real sex ?
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:21   #3
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

"Technologies Effect on Communication in Relationships"

Typing Vs Touchin

And just because i think is funny

Pounding VS Porking

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:22   #4
meaple
Pretend Faggot

meaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the roughmeaple is a jewel in the rough

Lololol

[ ripper ] I told u I was hardcore
meaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:22   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

as i side note, i dont believe that your topic is valid, or that there is a distinction between the two.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:28   #6
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It isn't an argumentative topic.

It's more of an informative presentation about how online relationships are getting more popular and will continue to do so, and how the media hates this and hypes up all the "horror" stories really...
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:34   #7
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i think that the one you came up with was ok actually, informative about the topic without being ****ing stupid
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:36   #8
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

The endeavour of communication: Can it endure the hardships of modern technology?
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:38   #9
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
It isn't an argumentative topic.

It's more of an informative presentation about how online relationships are getting more popular and will continue to do so, and how the media hates this and hypes up all the "horror" stories really...
yes but i'd like to object to it anyway. I dont beleve the assumption your entire presentation is based on is correct, that being that there is some difference between the online 'world' and the offline 'world'. last time i checked they were both 'real' and on the same planet.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:41   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

ah, but there is a percieved difference, so therefore him presentation can still work.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:52   #11
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

Societies View of Cyboring.

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:53   #12
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

bah, ruined me with a one line reply.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:53   #13
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

hmmm? I thought we were supposed to sugest titles... /me suggested.

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 18:01   #14
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Does having a large e-penis get you anywhere in life?
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 18:02   #15
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

no. But having a deep voice does..especiall if you have a microphone and your lover has a large-bass speaker

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 18:02   #16
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Hunk Vs. Nerd ;-0

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 18:14   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Help me Masters of Words!

'An inquiry into the nature and causes of people not having lives.'
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 20:00   #18
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
yes but i'd like to object to it anyway. I dont beleve the assumption your entire presentation is based on is correct, that being that there is some difference between the online 'world' and the offline 'world'. last time i checked they were both 'real' and on the same planet.

What?
Of course there is a difference.
For starters:
1. In an online relationship, there's no physical contact, which previously was thought to be essential for a relationship to work.
2. People lose their inhibitions on the net, that's commonly known. People will talk with more ease as everything is verbal/textual, not using any kind of body language.
3. When being attracted to someone on the net, their attractiveness is not as important as it is in real life. For instance, for me to be interested in a girl in real life, I'd need to notice her physically first (usually). Online, I might notice her for an amusing post or by drawing attention to herself first.
4. There's a much vaster selection of people to choose from on the net, than, say, in your local town. So you're much more likely to find someone that you get on with like a house on fire.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 20:29   #19
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Girls on the Internet: Fact or Fiction?"

"AOL Chat: Virtual Nightclubs in a Digital World"
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 21:36   #20
Tomkat

I was considering using "ASL?" as it...
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 21:51   #21
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I dont beleve the assumption your entire presentation is based on is correct, that being that there is some difference between the online 'world' and the offline 'world'. last time i checked they were both 'real' and on the same planet.
The term "real-life" (as opposed to someone's on-line life) is silly, yes.

But of course there's a difference between a relationships depending on the method they are conducted in. A relationship conducted primarily (at first) via the phone will be different from one which is face-to-face, etc.

Of course, these aren't mutually exclusive nor are they absolutes. A lot of "offline" relationships (i.e. people who met in person) have communication via e-mail for instance. The question is whether you can say anything meaningful about relationships conducted primarily via the 'net.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:00   #22
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

"The Nature of Internet Relationships"
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 22:04   #23
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"Are all internet relationships doomed to fail like in that episode of Buffy ("I, Robot... You, Jane") where Willow is tricked by the demon she meets online?"

Is clearly a more catchy title.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 23:36   #24
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The internet is a brilliant demon for the tabloids, because almost none of its readerbase understands it.

Of course, this is connected to random hyperbolae like 'Stranger Danger' (something like 6 or 6% (can't remember which) child abductions per year are performed by people unknown to the family)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 23:55   #25
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What?
Of course there is a difference.
For starters:
1. In an online relationship, there's no physical contact, which previously was thought to be essential for a relationship to work.
2. People lose their inhibitions on the net, that's commonly known. People will talk with more ease as everything is verbal/textual, not using any kind of body language.
3. When being attracted to someone on the net, their attractiveness is not as important as it is in real life. For instance, for me to be interested in a girl in real life, I'd need to notice her physically first (usually). Online, I might notice her for an amusing post or by drawing attention to herself first.
4. There's a much vaster selection of people to choose from on the net, than, say, in your local town. So you're much more likely to find someone that you get on with like a house on fire.
5. You can't pretend to be a 14 year old girl in person
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:51   #26
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
"Are all internet relationships doomed to fail like in that episode of Buffy ("I, Robot... You, Jane") where Willow is tricked by the demon she meets online?"

Is clearly a more catchy title.
whos jane?
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:54   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The Wonderful World of Web Wanking [With "Women"]

I'll take my cheque now please.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:57   #28
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
as i side note, i dont believe that your topic is valid, or that there is a distinction between the two.
what.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 11:39   #29
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
whos jane?
Tarzan's girlfriend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deciduous
5. You can't pretend to be a 14 year old girl in person
Well, you can but it's just a bit more embarrassing.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 18:24   #30
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Actually I know someone who does a very good pretence at being a 14 year old girl, although she is a girl, which helps.

And SbOlly behaves like a 14 year old girl if you ask him to do the washing up
I spent an hour doing the damned stuff on Sat.

Anyhow, you don't live there anymore, so you don't get a say foo'

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote