User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:28   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Is it wrong ....

When youre leaving a forum because its become **** to go and manually remove every one of the 311 posts you made in the previous 6 months , simply because the forum doesnt deserve to retain any of your humour?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:29   #2
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Hmm.

Depends.
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:30   #3
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Re: Is it wrong ....

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
When youre leaving a forum because its become **** to go and manually remove every one of the 311 posts you made in the previous 6 months , simply because the forum doesnt deserve to retain any of your humour?
No, no, it's perfectly right! We deserve it, we really do!

Attention grabbing so-and-so

[Edit] Hmm, you can't be talking about yourself, as you have made 1955 posts the last 6 months.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:32   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Is it wrong ....

Quote:
Originally posted by W
No, no, it's perfectly right! We deserve it, we really do!

Attention grabbing so-and-so
I swear one day youll grasp the concept of humour with both hands, and provide us with something so funny, 3/4 of the worlds population will die instantly laughing.

The chinese however, wont care.

And dont care.

And theres several billion of them that will never read this thread.

So im clearly attention grabbing in all the wrong places.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:33   #5
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Is it this forum youre talking about then?

If so, dont. If not, decide yourself.

Oh, and how do you know that YOUR posts are humour? That's the big question, is it not?
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:34   #6
W
Gubbish

Re: Re: Re: Is it wrong ....

Quote:
I swear one day youll grasp the concept of humour with both hands, and provide us with something so funny, 3/4 of the worlds population will die instantly laughing.

The chinese however, wont care.

And dont care.

And theres several billion of them that will never read this thread.

So im clearly attention grabbing in all the wrong places.
One does not attention grab from as many random people as possible. One attention grabs from the people one wants the attention of, the ones one care about.

You don't care about the chinese. You care about us (well, perhaps not me) unfunny twats. You want to brighten our day, and it's your duty to use your godgiven skills to do so.

But you know this, of course. It's why you're still here, posting things like this.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:35   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
Is it this forum youre talking about then?

If so, dont. If not, decide yourself.

Oh, and how do you know that YOUR posts are humour? That's the big question, is it not?
Because people post "LOL" and "ROFL" and "LMAO" when i posted.

Of course, they could all be masters of sarcasm, and i simply hadnt noticed.

Then again , if they had been , i wouldnt be deleting all my posts and leaving.

Would I?
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:38   #8
Snurx
Dirte

As i dont really know yet that that it is this forum that youre posting about, i cant really know that your posts have been funny, can I? Maybe they have different sense of humour then the rest of us.. Or something.

If it IS this forum, why would you want to leave? Its much cooler to be one of the few people who actually manages to get people to "lol" and "roffle", aint it?

I dont know, ask yourself dude. But i think you should stay and keep your posts. But then again, thats just me.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:38   #9
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
you really love yourself nowadays

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:39   #10
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it wrong ....

Quote:
Originally posted by W
One does not attention grab from as many random people as possible. One attention grabs from the people one wants the attention of, the ones one care about.

You don't care about the chinese. You care about us (well, perhaps not me) unfunny twats. You want to brighten our day, and it's your duty to use your godgiven skills to do so.

But you know this, of course. It's why you're still here, posting things like this.

So whats your purpose here?

Its not to educate. You intimate that you are , intellectually , vastly superior to the majority on here, and their opinions mean nothing to you.

Its not to troll (as such) , as there are far more effective ways to do so, and youve been known to be drawn into debate where you manage not to insult anyone.

Its not to entertain (anyone but yourself) since your topics are all on subjects relating to science , maths , philosophy , and a series of other topics which only graduates or university students studying those subjects will have an interest in.

Is it just to prove you can?
Just to say "Im here" ?

I confess , youre the only person on this forum i never, during a single one of your posts , understood.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:40   #11
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it wrong ....

Quote:
I confess , youre the only person on this forum i never, during a single one of your posts , understood.
Count yourself lucky.....

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:41   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
you really love yourself nowadays
No , the self doubt still exists in bucketloads. And i compensate , and sometimes overcompensate , by expressing myself in a semi-comedic / semi-serious manner on here, where i know by and large the majority of posters , and to a degree , value their opinions.

Else i wouldnt be here.
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:42   #13
W
Gubbish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it wrong ....

Quote:
So whats your purpose here?

Its not to educate. You intimate that you are , intellectually , vastly superior to the majority on here, and their opinions mean nothing to you.

Its not to troll (as such) , as there are far more effective ways to do so, and youve been known to be drawn into debate where you manage not to insult anyone.

Its not to entertain (anyone but yourself) since your topics are all on subjects relating to science , maths , philosophy , and a series of other topics which only graduates or university students studying those subjects will have an interest in.

Is it just to prove you can?
Just to say "Im here" ?

And that makes you brighter than most people here.

Quit while you're ahead
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:53   #14
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Well, the forum is as only as good as the people in it.

Personally I'm gonna stick around, because for some inexplicable (:eek: ) reason the quality is gonna shoot up in the near future faster than a ho with a bum full of dynamite.......
Unread 16 Jun 2003, 23:54   #15
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
And you called us americans arrogant.

Christ.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 00:02   #16
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Of course it's wrong: if you knew a programming language, you could remove those posts automatically.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 00:32   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
And you called us americans arrogant.

Christ.

Actually , i call americans a whole host of things. Same as the rest of the civilised world.

(The forum in question was a small , cliquey group of people, which essentially had two 'matriarchs', neither of whom ever really took to me. Once one openly started criticising me , i had the option to either go for all out open warfare and **** upon everything about the place , or to quietly stand up, say "Thanks for the good times" , delete my posts and leave. I chose option 2. If you think thats arrogant , you have a differing view on arrogance than the rest of the world ..... an american view)
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 00:33   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Of course it's wrong: if you knew a programming language, you could remove those posts automatically.

I sincerely considered asking someone to write me script for it.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 00:43   #19
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I've done it, but I also cryed while I was doing it, so I asume this is wrong. Did you cry? If not, I think you will be just fine. Chearup Charlie!
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 00:55   #20
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Evening kura. How went your day then? On your actual topic judging by my wholly irrelevant personal standards and the (I've been told) horribly misguided idea of personal choice I'd say no, it isn't.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 01:03   #21
Aquario
a true 'Mincer'

Aquario is an unknown quantity at this point
mm, whatever.

Are you still doing your comics Kurashima.

If so someone link me.

ty
Aquario is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 01:13   #22
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Are you leaving ?

I would hope not. I dont particularly find your comedy posts funny but you do occasionally post some thoughtful stuff.

Vaio
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 01:20   #23
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to admit Kura's jokes are better than his attempts to be serious.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 01:56   #24
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Re: Re: Is it wrong ....

Quote:
I sincerely considered asking someone to write me script for it.
You could have asked on P&D. Here's a quick one in perl for VBulletin as long as you have cookies turned on. It's untested, but what's the worst that could happen.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -lw

use LWP::UserAgent;
my $host="http://example.forum.host.name/with/optional/folder";
my $username="fill in your username between these double quotes";
my $password="fill in your password between these double quotes";
my $userid=fill in your userid as a number here;

my $ua=new LWP::UserAgent;
$ua->cookie_jar({});

print "Logging in...";
$req=$ua->post("$host/member.php",
 {'action' => 'login',
  'username' => $username,
  'password' => $password}) or die "$!";

print "Searching for posts...";
my $res=$ua->get("$host/search.php?action=finduser&userid=$userid")
 or die "$!";
/searchid=(\d+)/ and $searchid=$1 foreach split /\n/, $res->content;

$res=$ua->get("$host/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=$searchid");
my $content=$res->content;
my($searchpages)=($content=~/Pages \((\d+)\)/);

print "Got $searchpages pages of posts. Deleting posts on page 1...";

sub deletefrom {
 foreach $postid ($_[0]=~/postid=(\d+)/g) {
  print "Deleting post #$postid...";
  $ua->post("$host/editpost.php",
   {'postid' => $postid,
    'action' => 'deletepost',
    'deletepost' => 'yes'});
 }
}

deletefrom $content;

foreach $page (2..$searchpages) {
 print "Page $page..."; 
 deletefrom $ua->get(
 "$host/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=$searchid&pagenumber=$page"
 )->content;
}
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:14   #25
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
what's the worst that could happen.
we could end up with Kura as a mod....

o

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:50   #26
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts

Quote:
**** off
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:55   #27
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Kura, if you're going, go. his thread is stupid.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:58   #28
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts

Quote:
#!/usr/bin/perl -lw
Did you just do that one yourself ? If so, good job.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 16:21   #29
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
the forum doesnt deserve to retain any of your humour?
I believe this was the part of your posting which made the guy call you arrogant. I concur with him on this part, it makes you seem like a complete fking idiot with your head shoved right up your arse. What makes it worse, is that not only do you think your humour is something so wonderful that people have to be respectful enough or whatever to "deserve" it, but you post this thread telling everyone about it.

When you became a mod here, you got sh*t and unfunny. Stop being bitter because no-one appreciates your humour.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:50   #30
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
I believe this was the part of your posting which made the guy call you arrogant. I concur with him on this part, it makes you seem like a complete fking idiot with your head shoved right up your arse. What makes it worse, is that not only do you think your humour is something so wonderful that people have to be respectful enough or whatever to "deserve" it, but you post this thread telling everyone about it.

When you became a mod here, you got sh*t and unfunny. Stop being bitter because no-one appreciates your humour.
youve hit the nail on the head

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 23:54   #31
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Theres a ton of different ways to answer that, but none of them will do anything to disprove your theory.

So i wont.

Ill just say "If you think im not funny , **** off and read other peoples posts"

If you think im ****, thats a personal opinion. Which is what the forum is all about.

And if you think you can do better .... try doing something for the forums other than finding opportunity to **** on the people here.

And youll probably find someone gives you the opportunity to find out what a crap job this can be sometimes, and why the rules for mods are a lot stricter than the rules for users.

Nothing changed here, your perception simply changed because the "Rebel" nature thats injected into the boards on a regular basis has a distinctly anti-authority direction to it.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:10   #32
W
Gubbish

Quote:
Theres a ton of different ways to answer that, but none of them will do anything to disprove your theory.

So i wont.

Ill just say "If you think im not funny , **** off and read other peoples posts"

If you think im ****, thats a personal opinion. Which is what the forum is all about.

And if you think you can do better .... try doing something for the forums other than finding opportunity to **** on the people here.

And youll probably find someone gives you the opportunity to find out what a crap job this can be sometimes, and why the rules for mods are a lot stricter than the rules for users.

Nothing changed here, your perception simply changed because the "Rebel" nature thats injected into the boards on a regular basis has a distinctly anti-authority direction to it.
Again this assumption that people read posts because they're funny.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:23   #33
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally posted by W
Again this assumption that people read posts because they're funny.

Cherry Picked. Multiple comments , easiest one to disprove.

Have a go at the other ones.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:25   #34
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Cherry Picked. Multiple comments , easiest one to disprove.

Have a go at the other ones.
I think it covers most of them quite well.

The mod comment is different though.

Now you're a mod, you can sticky your threads.

That's about it for the theoretical difference that I can observe.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:53   #35
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

Now you're a mod, you can sticky your threads.

That's about it for the theoretical difference that I can observe.
Yes but from what I have observed, yourself and Kura have vastly different opinions about how a mod should behave on the boards, and I'd say this difference is mirrored across the 'community'.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:56   #36
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarina_Joy
Yes but from what I have observed, yourself and Kura have vastly different opinions about how a mod should behave on the boards, and I'd say this difference is mirrored across the 'community'.
He wasn't exactly spamming ****** before, was he?

Why should becoming a mod inherently restrict his options so much that he has to comment upon it?

It's not stopped him from, say, insulting people?
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 00:56   #37
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
sar wins.
case closed.
delete thread.
ban user.

er.. wait :\
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:01   #38
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
He wasn't exactly spamming ****** before, was he?

Why should becoming a mod inherently restrict his options so much that he has to comment upon it?

It's not stopped him from, say, insulting people?

Hello. I am not Kurashima. I can't speak for him. Like I have said, different people have different opinions on how a mod should behave. Perhaps Kura feels that being a mod he can't post as he would like to. Perhaps I have entirely missed the point of what he has said. Perhaps not.

(PS: it's not necessarily about restricting options.. I would say your posting style, for example, has changed dramatically since you became a mod. Again, perhaps that's not true, perhaps it is....)

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:16   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
(PS: it's not necessarily about restricting options.. I would say your posting style, for example, has changed dramatically since you became a mod. Again, perhaps that's not true, perhaps it is....)
That's probably to do with having to read every sodding thread.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:20   #40
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

So the theoretical difference is that you can sticky your own threads and that you have to read every sodding thread.. Let's keep this conversation up..... in a couple of hours I bet we'll have enough theoretical differences to write a 2000 word essay about!

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:25   #41
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
So the theoretical difference is that you can sticky your own threads and that you have to read every sodding thread.. Let's keep this conversation up..... in a couple of hours I bet we'll have enough theoretical differences to write a 2000 word essay about!
I was using a short statement to imply several things; I tend to post on most threads I read, so having to read the multitude on here will necessarily increase my postcount rather rapidly. Furthermore, as I do not choose the subjects which I am replying on, the signal:noise ratio will be much higher.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:36   #42
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Actually I'd say the most obvious change in your posting has not been in your replies to other threads, but rather the threads you post yourself. But anyway, it's late and I'm going to bed and this conversation is such an utter load of bull**** I can't believe I've wasted so long on it.

(PS I'd Kuras posting style has changed since he has been a mod too. I'm not saying either have changed for the worse, or for the better, it's just interesting to see how becoming moderators affects peoples behaviour on the boards)

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:37   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I never used to post threads.

[edit]

Everyone's posting style changes over time.

It's a difficult experiment to perform as there isn't really any room to get a control.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:38   #44
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

DING DING DING!

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:42   #45
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
you are here to let others see you are funny?

how crap is that, i just come here to amuse myself, not others.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:47   #46
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Ofc peoples posting style changes. However I'd say people pay more attention to moderators, and there is also the fact that you and Kura are both friends of mine. Therefore whereas I've noticed both your posting style and Kuras posting style changing I probably haven't noticed a change in other people so much. I'd still say that becoming mods has been a considerable factor.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:49   #47
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
it does affect our posting style. we're TOLD to try and be proper role models. ie. don't spam, don't break rules, etc.
some of us follow that to the letter.. some of us sort of follow that.. some didn't follow it at all and ended up getting sacked.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 01:53   #48
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
4- jak: just because u _have_ to read all threads doenst mean you _have_ to post complete garbage on them.
No, but I see things that are inaccurate or that I have an opinion on.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 08:17   #49
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
this has got a bit heavy dudes.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 14:44   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Everyone's style of posting has changed since they first joined. Being a moderator does occasionally act as a restriction due to the fact one envisages oneself as a sort of "role model" for the boards (whether one is or not is slightly irrelevant really). The creative instinct can be somewhat stifled by the element of perceived responsibility. Of course as with most problems this is not an external problem that must be overcome but rather one requiring changes on a personal level. However sitting here and verbosely discussing our problems on an abstract level does leave me feeling we've all missed the point a bit.