User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Nov 2006, 14:00   #1
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place
A fun little game

The link:
http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/

(requires Flash 8 or 9)

The theory:
Flow: "being involved in an activity for its own sake"

http://www.brainchannels.com/thinker/mihaly.html
http://www.austega.com/education/articles/flow.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(psychology)

and a summary (where I found the rest):

http://www.37signals.com/svn/posts/104-all-about-flow
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 01:24   #2
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future
Re: A fun little game

Any idea what you turn into? I got to six legs and then stopped.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 01:46   #3
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

The game is fun until your creature eats everything then it get kinda boring because moving to different depths is somewhat difficult and there is still food to be found on other levels. Needs a bit of tweaking to properly demonstrate "Flow" but still good fun for 10 minutes or so.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 10:54   #4
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

i found this glow circle that pulsates in white then turns orange .. then .. it chases u ...

you loose body bits and or they go all glowy like the the ones u see in the background.

keep eating and going down (red) you'll find it
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 10:57   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Humpf. I saw it as pretty pointless and closed it after about 30 seconds... my critter only had 2 legs!
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 11:33   #6
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Critter!

I was bored shitless (and still am). Going to eat and then get it even bigger.

Edit: Seems there is an end... No more depths

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.

Last edited by qebab; 12 Nov 2006 at 13:12.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote