User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 30 Aug 2005, 01:28   #1
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Best / Worst live bands

I was just browsing some local clubs for a concert to go to sometime soon but for the most part the lists seemed shit and it just got my thinking what are the best and worst bands you have ever seen live?

For me it is:

Best

1)Green Day - About 4 years ago I saw these in Cardiff and it was the first concert I ever went to. It was more of a festival with [spunge](first time I heard them but they were great as well), Iggy Pop, hundread Reasons, A and a few others there. Green Day were easily the best despite having to wait most of the day for them and being slightly fed up by the end. The engaged the crowd extremely well

2) Stereophonics - I saw thesearound 18 months agor in the Millennium Stadium along with Feeder and ocean Colour Scene. The Phonics were easily the best of the lot but the atmosphere of so many people standing on the football pitch made this as much as anything for me.

3)Tsunami Bomb - I didn't like their album when I first heard it and only saw them as I wanted to see Mad Caddies later. They were so good though that they were easily my favourite band of the night

Worst

1) Flaming Lips - This one is probably myown fualt. I had never even ehard of them before but a mate phoned and said hehad a spare ticket which I could have for a fiver so did I want to go. Had nothing better to do so did. I hated the music, they were quite boring, it was a poor atmosphere and the only crowd interaction was when they stopped for a few minutes every couple of songs to slag off Blair and the Iraq war which got tiresome after a while.

2) Anti-Flag - I had enjoyed their music and as Adequate Seven were supporting who I had seen before and enjoyed I thought I would go to this. The support bands were all great and at first so were Anti Flag. Their set was enjoyable enough but again like the Flaming Lips they spent too much time just ranting, only they were a lot worse. It seemed to be sing a song, shout for 5 minutes, sing a song and then rant for 5 minutes etc... which meant that by the end you didn't actually get to hear that many songs as they spent half the time complaining about the war. I was expecting some of this but they just went over the top for me.

3) Capdown - I actually can't remember why I didn't like these. Again I mainly went to see Adequate Seven and I had also enjoyed some of Capdowns songs but just ended up not enjoying the night which due to my poor memory may not even be because of the band.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 01:48   #2
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Best / Worst live bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
Best

1)Green Day - About 4 years ago I saw these in Cardiff and it was the first concert I ever went to. It was more of a festival with [spunge](first time I heard them but they were great as well), Iggy Pop, hundread Reasons, A and a few others there. Green Day were easily the best despite having to wait most of the day for them and being slightly fed up by the end. The engaged the crowd extremely well
they're great live but their sets are always the same. which is disappointing when you pay twice.
Quote:
3) Capdown - I actually can't remember why I didn't like these. Again I mainly went to see Adequate Seven and I had also enjoyed some of Capdowns songs but just ended up not enjoying the night which due to my poor memory may not even be because of the band.
they're ****ing awful. unfortunately everyone i know professes to like them as they're a local band.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 01:53   #3
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Queen ft. Paul Rodgers.

Absolutely amazing. Ofcourse it is not 'the real Queen' as that is with Freddy, however Brian and Roger made a fantastic show out of it and Paul Rodgers wasn't so bad himself, he damned well understood that he cannot replace Freddy and showed no intention of trying. Breathtaking was Brian singing 'Love of my life' as tribute to Freddy.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 01:53   #4
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oh, and:
Best

1. Arcade Fire: seen them twice, they're phenomenal.
2. Bad Religion: seen them twice, they're phenomenal.
3. Pixies: seen them once, they're phenomenal.

Worst

1. Placebo: seen them twice, both times they played like shit. And they're a good band in the studio so this was disappointing.
2. Death From Above 1979: their album rocks so hard, it's a shame that the live show was so devoid of merit.
3. Marilyn Manson: GIT TAE ****
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 02:02   #5
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Best:

1. Muse: They kicked almighty ass the 3 times I've seen them, each time.
2. Foo Fighters: Saw them once and it blew me away.
3. Rodrigo y Gabriella: Flamenco accoustic heavy metal sounds a litlte odd on paper, but live it's a sight to behold.

Worst:

1. Good Charoltte: At a festival, didn't like them to begin with. This performance made me want to stab them.
2. Puddle of Mudd: Christ they sucked, the singer had a bad throat and sang off key. The guitars were out of place, the dummer was speeding up and down. It blew.
3. Maryling Manson. Jeeeesus he sucked balls. Tedious. Crap. Boring. Attempting to be shocking, might have been if you were a religious zealot kept in a large box all your life.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 02:02   #6
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best

James Brown
Greenday

Worst
DFAbove as well, if its the same lot that played t in the park too. Except their album doesnt rock, theyre just plain shit.
The bravery. But thats only because i was so disgusted i happened to be walking past the stage when those talentless ****s were playing

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 02:43   #7
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
DFAbove as well, if its the same lot that played t in the park too. Except their album doesnt rock, theyre just plain shit.
you lack the patience for drum and bass.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 09:06   #8
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

Best:

1) Regurgitator - Absolutely outstanding performance, they rocked and they rocked hard. Even better live I would say than on their album. Few bands are able to reproduce their sound live without all their fancy equipment and studio engineers, but they pulled it off rather nicely. They had a fantastic repoir with the crowd, including allowing fans at the front (I was one heh) press random notes on their keyboard while playing. Once the set was over we all screamed for an encore and they came back on and did another full set of stuff they didn't usually include on their line up.

2) 28 Days - How to describe.. hmm, sort of Aussie surfer rock. They put on a good gig and were very laid back about the whole deal, if I remember rightly I think one of them even stripped on stage.

3) Resin Dogs - One of the first live performances I ever saw, very talented people. They were unheard of at the time and not long after that gig they started climbing the Aussie charts.

4) Kraftwerk - A little weird and kooky, but they are the grandaddies of electronica so I can't really complain here, they set the standard rather than meet it. Besides, how to can not take notice of 4 over the hill German men armed with nothing but a laptop each pumping out phat beats.

5) Living End - I've been to 6 of their concerts, and while they aren't my favourite band they are solid performers.

Worst:

1) Killing Heidi - This is a classic case of an artist carried almost entirely by their sound engineers, sounds great on album, sounds like a drowning cow in live performance.

2) Grinspoon - Every set sounds the same, they aren't the worst but they are definately average.
djbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 09:55   #9
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

best ive seen:

super furry animals - need to get right to the front and dance like a madman for herman loves pauline

worst ive seen:

longview - never heard of them before i went, dickhad flatmates in first year wee going and thought i would be sociable and go along. dullest band ever! i wanted to kill myself when they came back on for an encore
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 10:05   #10
Tool Fanboy
OGT

Tool Fanboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Best:
Tool
Tool Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 10:21   #11
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

best: the mars volta, radio vago, pretty girls make graves, the shins, bristol playwrites, the coral, foos

worst: the distillers, queens of the stone age
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 10:23   #12
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
3. Rodrigo y Gabriella: Flamenco accoustic heavy metal sounds a litlte odd on paper, but live it's a sight to behold.
i LOVE them! never had the chance to see them live though.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 10:30   #13
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dastardley_chihuahua
best ive seen:

super furry animals - need to get right to the front and dance like a madman for herman loves pauline

i would travel to the UK to see them perform tbh, haven't seen them live yet.
same for Radiohead.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 11:01   #14
Sarina_Joy
Twisted

Sarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriendSarina_Joy needs a job and a girlfriend

Best - Smashing Pumpkins
Therapy?
Teenage Fanclub

Worst - Babes In Toyland - who the hell told these people they could sing?!
Supergrass - simply dull.

In my sleep I grind my teeth.
Sarina_Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 11:06   #15
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

they have a new album out and are touring in september, im skint atm but im hoping to go to the manchester gig as its two days after my birthday. shame none of my friends like the SFA, i'll have to go on my own again.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 11:08   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Best:

The Music - seen them twice, both times being immense. The energy on stage is like nothing anyone else does.

Oasis in Manchester, thats all that needs to be said really.

Worst:

The Bees - i almost fell asleep.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 11:15   #17
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

i forgot about oasis. i saw them in cardiff a year or two ago. absolutely terrible. not too shabby at glasto last year, but i was munted at the time mind. wouldnt pay to go see them again.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 11:32   #18
Opi
Ensign

Opi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to allOpi is a name known to all

best:

The Hives - was a brilliant concert, the music faster and more intense than on record + the crazy over-the-top attitude of the singer are a lot of fun.

Brainless Wankers(German Ska-Punk Band) - They made the crowd dance after twelve hours of concerts at a (Metal-)festival.

Rammstein - I´m not very much into their music, but they have an awesome show with lots of pyrotechnics, flamethrowers, great lighting, weird outfits and more flamethrowers. The highlight was the keyboard player playing in a huge cauldron and the singer roasting it with a flamethrower during a song about cannibalism. Also they´re pretty much 100% show, don´t interact with the audience except for a brief "We thank you" at the very end of the show.

disappointments:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Not really worst, but I expected better. The sound at the concert I saw was poor for the first half and the singer was in awful condition, so the rest of the band had to carry the show. Still, awesome musicians.

The Donnas - Not a live band. Weak voices and overall not rocking.

The Misfits(of 2005) - They sounded shit even by punkrock standards. No stage presence, thrashed through most of their and Black Flag´s classics without any emotions. I´m not sure wether they had a bad day or had better stopped making music a long time ago.
Opi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 11:33   #19
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
i forgot about oasis. i saw them in cardiff a year or two ago. absolutely terrible. not too shabby at glasto last year, but i was munted at the time mind. wouldnt pay to go see them again.
Yeah they can be shit at certain places but at Manchester they are always up for it.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 11:47   #20
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold

Best

1) Rammstein - Their shows are awesome, it has everything.*

2) Muse - Nothing really wacky but they just put up a realy good show.

3) Flogging molly - When I went to see them at a festival, I had never heard of them before but they made a very good show of it. The atmosphere was perfect and everybody was having fun because of it.

Worst

1) Placebo - They weren't so bad, but they were pretty dull and they didn't have much of a show. A friend of mine is really into placebo, so he hyped them up to me aswell, which increased the dissapointment

2) Queens of the stoneage - I think they have some very good songs but the 1 time I saw them live it just really sucked, the singer was so of-key it was embarrasing and apart from the decor (which looked pretty cool) there wasn't much of a show. Perhaps they just had a bad day or something because I heard from other people that they are very good ons tage

3) uhm, can't think of one at the moment.

*and with everything I mean a LOT of pyrotechnics, explosions weird humor and cool outfits.
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 12:01   #21
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future

Best:
Coldplay
The Prodigy
The Hives

Don't really have any "Worst" although I heard Keane are dog poo

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 12:07   #22
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

the hives were pretty good when i saw them, actually.

i saw half a QOTSA set at reading before i went to the back for water; i didn't think they were that bad when i was at the front although i was rather less impressed when i was away from the front and eventually went to see someone else.
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 12:22   #23
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best: Coldplay, Oasis (when they care, so excluding Glasto), Muse.

Worst: Queens of the Stone Age, The Hives
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 12:53   #24
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

Quote:
they have a new album out and are touring in september, im skint atm but im hoping to go to the manchester gig as its two days after my birthday. shame none of my friends like the SFA, i'll have to go on my own again.
i'll go see if they have anything planned for october, might be able to come over then.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 13:00   #25
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Best / Worst live bands

I can't really make any judgements on this, as I don't really go to gigs as such, and all the bands I've seen I've only seen once. So I can't really make an informed judgement as to whether they're good/crap as live bands as a whole, or simply had good/bad nights when I saw them.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 13:10   #26
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best - Deep Purple 1985

Worst - Def Leppard 1992, How did they manage to sound EXACTLY like the albums ?

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 13:19   #27
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Best
Deep Purple (Grimsby Auditorium. 2002, I think. Just before Jon Lord left anyway.)
Yeah, so they were old, but they were ****ing good.

Worst
Funeral for a Friend. (Sheffield Hallam FM Arena, supporting Iron Maiden)
Hey drummer, vomiting into a microphone makes your balls big. Honest. Iron Maiden weren't great either.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:09   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
1) Flaming Lips - This one is probably myown fualt.
Yeah, if you found an ambient, strange band ambient and strange live then you're really not saying much about their performance.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 14:53   #29
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

reel big fish have always put on a good show as have fear factory when i have seen them, nightwish were also very very good at bradford rio last year

worst was simon fowler in a 200 person gig, simply because he was so drunk i don't think he succesfully completed a single song, was very funny though when he was carried off stage
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:40   #30
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarina_Joy
Worst - Babes In Toyland - who the hell told these people they could sing?!
Best: British Sea Power at my union. The atmosphere was awesome...and having The Killers as support wasn't bad

Worst: Katastrophe Wife. "Who the hell told these people they could sing?!" (same singer as Babes in Toyland)
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 20:47   #31
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

Best I've seen...

Tool

Worst I've seen...

Meshuggah
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 22:30   #32
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best
Janis Joplin with Full Tilt Boogie

Ray Charles and the Raylettes

John Mayal Blues Band
Unread 30 Aug 2005, 22:58   #33
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
Queen ft. Paul Rodgers.

Absolutely amazing. Ofcourse it is not 'the real Queen' as that is with Freddy, however Brian and Roger made a fantastic show out of it and Paul Rodgers wasn't so bad himself, he damned well understood that he cannot replace Freddy and showed no intention of trying. Breathtaking was Brian singing 'Love of my life' as tribute to Freddy.

I saw the hyde park show. We got sent tickets that thankfully got us passed the 2 hour queue to get in and into a hospitality area (zing!). the show was immense but due to the 10:30 'turn off the noise' law i felt it ended too early. However watching 80,000 people do radio ga ga was just increadible.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 16:23   #34
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Radiohead were really good when I went to see them (around kid a time).
Aphex Twin was excellent, but that's mainly because he's ****ing aphex twin.
The sneaker pimps without the girl as the lead singer sucked.
I went to see one of these emo rock bands, with a DJ on the side just to be cool. Ah, yes, that's there name, Papa Roche. I was forced into seeing them after loosing a bet. Damn that was awful. The waft of hundreds of sweaty 14 year olds. The awful music. I am no longer afraid of what life will bring for I have already seen hell. They were so bad I felt sorry for their parents - all the sweaty 14 year olds were loving it though.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 16:31   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

NOFX & The Pixies were both very good at Reading. I also enjoyed Rise Against and Anti-Flag.

The Killers were bland and tedious as were Bloc Party.

Radiohead when I saw them sometime ago (around the time of Kid A also) were pretty poor but that's becuase I don't like anything they've done since OK Computer.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 17:02   #36
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Best:

Muse
Reel Big Fish (before Dan and Tavis left they were amazing live, now they're quite disappointing)
NOFX
Lightyear
Lit

Worst:

I haven't really been to any awful gigs, well, bands I wanted to see anyway. Some support bands were rubbish. Some bands i've seen at the uni night have been awful. But I've never paid to see a bad gig so none stick in my mind. I've seen shit like fatman scoop, five, 3sl and crap like that because they show up at crappy uni end of year things. They were all awful.

Oh and I've seen Placebo live, they were pretty good I thought.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 19:21   #37
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the mars volta, muse & circa survive stick out for me as live acts.

too many bad ones to list really.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 19:27   #38
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Incubus are bloody tight live.

PS. Or, if you don't like them, crap. JUST DON'T NEG-REP ME AGAIN YOU SOD!

Last edited by Boogster; 31 Aug 2005 at 19:49.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 22:08   #39
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepH
3) Flogging molly - When I went to see them at a festival, I had never heard of them before but they made a very good show of it. The atmosphere was perfect and everybody was having fun because of it.
Interestingly enough (to me) when I went out to lunch today, I looked up at the marquis of the theater across the street from the courthouse and it was telling me tha Flogging Molly was going to be appearing in Stockton-on-San Joaquin at the end of September.

What kind of band are they?

Probably something quiet and soothing? Chamber music perhaps?
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 22:11   #40
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I went to see Flogging Molly but we were turned away because we had no ID to prove we were over 18 (which we were)!

that was a couple of years ago, oh how I longed for the sound of sweet Irish folk punk.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Aug 2005, 22:14   #41
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Green Day were awsome. Seen them twice 2002 and earleir this year.
NOFX were awsome. Saw them last year.
Red Hot Chilli Peppers were awsome. Saw them last year as well.

Can't really think of any bad concerts except for Flogging Molly (see above).
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 13:00   #42
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Best band live
-Rammstein (mutter tour): Supported by Clawfinger which was a real bonus for us. Rammstein delayed the tour in order to be able to use their full pyrotechnic display, plus it wasn't awfully expensive. <£20
Unfortunately when I saw them this year (reisse reisse tour) the show lacked as much fire and had more smoke... the album was not as good in my opinion as mutter and the general mood afterwards was that is was average if you had seem them before, and fantastic if you had never seen them. Both concerts were at Brixton Academy (London) which is a great venue, nice and cozy and plenty of places to get close and still see.

Terrorvision: I saw Terrorvision on its one week tour a few months ago and they were amazing. They were doing it for fun and you could tell, loads of bouncing around everywhere playing their favourite tracks. The gig was at kentish Town Forum (London) which is a nice smallish venue which isn't a pain in the arse to drive to. Support came from Happy Life who were also very good, good enough to take the chance of leaving my spot on the barrier with a friend to get the CD after just 3 songs. (amazingly I got back easy enough and back on the barrier)

-Gravity kills: I got a lucky break and saw these supporting Skunk Anansie around 1999? Fantastic band and well worth checking out. Purely subjective though as the show was not anything new.

Worst
Stereophonics: This doesnt really count as they were also supporting Skunk Anansie with Gravity Kills. Gravity kills rocked and this made the whiney drivvle of Stereophonics sound even more awful than it actually is. Amazingly about 6months to a year later Stereophonics became big and everyone loved them.

Most disapointing
The Mission: This was a couple of years ago and I had seen both the Mission and Sisters of Mercy before and each time they were good... however Hussey (singer/songwriter of both bands) had just got back from Tennesse or some shit and bought himself a new 'country' guitar. It was awful and I had paid about £25 for the ticket (Hussey loves to charge) and I won't be seeing them again :-(
Placebo: Big Day out 1998? (milton Keynes Bowl) They had just released their 2nd album which was also good and we were at the peak of Indie/alternative so Placebo should have been great. They were however unbelievably boring, venue of course doesnt help as its huge. I later saw them in Portsmouth about 2 years ago and they were good in an enclosed small venue so I guess that is the trick.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Sep 2005, 13:07   #43
Ferretus
ARS HQ

Ferretus has a little shameless behaviour in the past

LOL I just got neg repped for 'bumping threads'

I didn't realise that posting on forums was illegal! Shame the twat didn't have the balls to leave a name.

Please bear in mind that much of what I say is intended to cause discussion. It may not reflect my personal favouritism or even have any involvement with my situation. In short bitching at me is pointless, so discuss the idea :-)
Ferretus is offline   Reply With Quote