User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 16 Oct 2004, 00:40   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Question Decent cross platform GUI toolkits.

I've used/found GTK and wxWidgets (formally wxWindows).
Know of any others? Got any experience.

To be used with C/C++ (or even lua).

Thanks a lot,
Weeks.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Oct 2004, 21:13   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Decent cross platform GUI toolkits.

I should have seen this earlier. What do you need this for? I know about a commonly used OpenGL/multimedia framework often used for games that is cross-platform, but the name escapes me right now...

*searches*

SDL it was. It's a multimedia library so it does about everything low-level for you from graphics to input to sound. I don't know if it has any window stuff in it though.

How is LUA BTW? I haven't had the nescesity to look into it yet but I might need a scripting module in the future and LUA seems to be quite the standard.
Unread 20 Nov 2004, 20:25   #3
morrowyn

morrowyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Look into :

C++: www.fox-toolkit.org (specialized for opengl related apps)
C++: www.trolltech.com (QT is only free for use if you gonna build open source applications)

A friend of mine uses the fox toolkit with great content. Docs are fairly good. Never got into Qt though, but if you wanna know how good Qt is, open up KDE and you are right in Qt's territory.

SDL is the open source alternative for directx , it uses opengl as graphical library.

Happy Coding
Greetz
Morrowyn
morrowyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2004, 16:17   #4
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

I've developed stuff on QT, and while it takes a little getting used too, it isn't too shabby.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote