User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 May 2004, 22:22   #1
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
so i just watched

troy.

pretty good actually. go, watch
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:20   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: so i just watched

Pro-Paris revisionism!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:31   #3
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I heard it was pretty shit.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:37   #4
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: so i just watched

The plot is rubbish. The only reason it'll be good at the box office is because of Pitt and Bloom.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:41   #5
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Speaking of films, I watched Van Helsing last week. Terrible. I only liked the seductive vampire ladies with their 'pair of fangs' and Kate Beckinsale in the whole movie.
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:41   #6
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

From what I hear, it's just the average big screen "spectacular", with all the ultimately vacuous confection that word implies.

If Pitt got his cock out during the performance, then I would have made an effort to go and see it. Otherwise, no. If they are going for style over substance, then they should at least go the whole way, IMHO.
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:51   #7
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

****ing manson with his loving the newsnight review
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:51   #8
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
From what I hear, it's just the average big screen "spectacular", with all the ultimately vacuous confection that word implies.
so what?
it has a few nice, big battle scenes in it and right now thats all i cared about. ( but then, there was only crap in cinema this year anyway. i guess that kind of lowered my expectations)
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:52   #9
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
Speaking of films, I watched Van Helsing last week. Terrible. I only liked the seductive vampire ladies with their 'pair of fangs' and Kate Beckinsale in the whole movie.
thank god i didnt do that. even the trailer was crap and for that they usually use the best scenes.
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:55   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
so what?
I just don't want anyone to be under the impression that it's a 'good' piece of cinema, rather that it's just a bog-standard piece of a 'big budget, big stars, no brains' film.

Last edited by Marilyn Manson; 15 May 2004 at 01:03.
Unread 15 May 2004, 01:17   #11
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
thank god i didnt do that. even the trailer was crap and for that they usually use the best scenes.
Honestly, it was the bigges pile of crap. The only thing that movie offered is what I said earlier and it made everyone jump a couple of times.

As for trailers, they're using the exact same technique on the 3rd Potter film.
Unread 15 May 2004, 03:37   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's one of those films I'd go to see anyway, even if everyone did tell me it was shocking.
Unread 15 May 2004, 05:11   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Tell me any bad movies Brad Pitt has done?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 13:01   #14
Blastoderm
________

The Mexican?
Unread 15 May 2004, 14:50   #15
wu_trax

Quote:
The Mexican?
wasnt that bad, was it?
i dont think brad pitt ever made any really bad movies.
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:17   #16
Blastoderm
________

It wasn't his best film at all.
Unread 15 May 2004, 17:30   #17
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The story of Troy has been around for about 3300 years which is pretty amazing because it's pretty boring to start with so that's why the studios thought they could do better so they changed a few bits.
Unread 16 May 2004, 04:46   #18
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok i went to see it today (i say today actually about 12 hours ago but anyway) its not a good film, if you want i battle sceanes go see it but expect nothing more, its shallow, dull and (yes even with that cast) badly acted. and the dialog is terrable.
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 09:33   #19
Geeza
Dances With Sheep

Geeza is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Speaking of films, I watched Van Helsing last week. Terrible. I only liked the seductive vampire ladies with their 'pair of fangs'
urgh, they were the worst part of the film - admittedly they were nice eye candy, but i'll be damned if they couldn't act to save their lives......especially the one with black hair, who seemed to be under the dillusion that she was doing shakespeare.
Of godlike hardship tells me I must die
Like a sick eagle looking at the sky.
---
Zak
Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2004, 13:44   #20
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeza
urgh, they were the worst part of the film - admittedly they were nice eye candy, but i'll be damned if they couldn't act to save their lives......especially the one with black hair, who seemed to be under the dillusion that she was doing shakespeare.
I don't mean their acting. Just the fact they had fangs & pretty faces (when not a vampire).
Unread 17 May 2004, 01:24   #21
KraKto$is8
Lurker

KraKto$is8 is infamous around these parts

Shaun of the Dead is great.
Unread 17 May 2004, 01:37   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I heard Troy had a dire screenplay, rewrote the plot to make little sense and generally involved poor direction.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 01:53   #23
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Apparently it was going to originally be an 18, and they had many sweet battle scenes/gore/nudity.

But at the last moment they changed their mind and all of it was cut/censored

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 08:32   #24
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

isnt it called Troya?

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 10:45   #25
wu_trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
isnt it called Troya?
only in german, troy in english
Unread 17 May 2004, 11:11   #26
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

troy was ok. 7 out of 10.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote