User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 1 Feb 2004, 00:47   #1
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about
like channel 4

human traffic

good film

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 03:31   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: like channel 4

Idi, what is it with you and your anti-drugs campaign?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 03:55   #3
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
no, no its not

it is infact the worst 'drug' film in the history of the world
Whats the best one?

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 04:46   #4
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Whats your point?

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 04:48   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It's the media equivalent of a ****ing stash tin with an alien and a hash leaf on it.
Do you mean it's pro-drugs, or that it's tacky?
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 04:57   #6
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
I'm not on an anti drug campaign as such
Quote:
drugs make crap people crapper
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 06:04   #7
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

Quote:
it is infact the worst 'drug' film in the history of the world
Quote:
tacky, uninspired pop garbage
Surely then it is simply a film you dislike. I don't see why the subject matter is important?

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 12:05   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Only saw the last half of it but I actually thought it wasnt bad, but i know what idimmu is on about. I think its a sad fact that you can glamourise drugs so easily and thus sell a movie or TV program. The 5 main characters suffered no comeuppance, i was very suprised it ended the way it did.
"We'll all stop eventually, when the lows outnumber the highs"
What? Then it pans out with a romantic kiss? Happy ending etc? Thats the worst message ever.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 12:18   #9
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Surely then it is simply a film you dislike. I don't see why the subject matter is important?
It's just like ordering any particular group of films
What's your favourite Bond film? Horror film? It's not unreasonable to say something like "That's the worst Kung Fu film I've ever seen"
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 13:17   #10
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice

I agree.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 13:40   #11
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
no, no its not
Quote:
tacky, uninspired pop garbage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SbOlly
Whats the best one[drug movie]?
Quote:
fear and loathing in las vegas
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 13:41   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
The 5 main characters suffered no comeuppance
Why must everyone face holy retribution?

I don't think every "drugs film" (not that it's a genre per se) needs a dead baby a'la Trainspotting or whatever. Similarly, not every film/tv program where the main characters spend a lot of time drinking (say, Cheers) needs to show the main characters pissing themselves, failing their lives, etc, etc.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 14:02   #13
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

Trainspotting > Fear and loathing
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 14:21   #14
FatboySliM

FatboySliM is an unknown quantity at this point

Trainspotting is a LOT better than Fear and Loathing.

From what I seen of Human Traffic it was alright. I thought the main actor was decent.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 16:34   #15
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some of Human Traffic was ok. It had potential.
Alas, it was shit. I blame the directors.
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 21:13   #16
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Only saw the last half of it but I actually thought it wasnt bad, but i know what idimmu is on about. I think its a sad fact that you can glamourise drugs so easily and thus sell a movie or TV program. The 5 main characters suffered no comeuppance, i was very suprised it ended the way it did.
"We'll all stop eventually, when the lows outnumber the highs"
What? Then it pans out with a romantic kiss? Happy ending etc? Thats the worst message ever.
i like that message
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 21:23   #17
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Why must everyone face holy retribution?

I don't think every "drugs film" (not that it's a genre per se) needs a dead baby a'la Trainspotting or whatever. Similarly, not every film/tv program where the main characters spend a lot of time drinking (say, Cheers) needs to show the main characters pissing themselves, failing their lives, etc, etc.
They don't have to of course. I've voiced my opinion many times as you know about the effects film and the media have on people. I honestly believe that one Human Traffic does more damage to peoples perceptions of drugs than an entire government campaign about the concequences. When you make a film about drugs, i think somewhere, you have a moral obligation not to damage soceity in the process

Unread 2 Feb 2004, 02:05   #18
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
When you make a film about drugs, i think somewhere, you have a moral obligation not to damage soceity in the process

WHY??

i'd rather have a film that doesn't try to preach oooh drugs r bad through the film then one that does.

i like to be left to make up my own mind about stuff

however if u want to be told what to do like a child then thats ur choice

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 05:09   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
When you make a film about drugs, i think somewhere, you have a moral obligation not to damage soceity in the process
But how does a film "promoting" drugs do that?

Most people taking Ecstacy (in my very limited experience) do not list it as a soul crushing experience which ruined their lives. They list it a positive experience which they enjoyed. This isn't something like promoting violence (which we can all pretty much agree is a bad thing).

If people are making a serious film then I'd say they owe a greater debt to the truth rather than excessive didacticism.
Unread 2 Feb 2004, 15:03   #20
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

I think we've been here before. I still feel personally, that a large number of people dont have the capability of mind to make these decisions for themselves. I think far too many people are too easily impressed and impressed upon, and i dont believe that whether or not to take drugs is a decision that can be safely left to the masses