User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Nov 2003, 12:57   #1
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ps2 question

does anyone know if you can get a CD that lets you play imported (US) games on an english ps2? or do you have to get the ps2 chipped? if so what is it called and does anyone have a copy etc etc...

cheers

roadrunner_0
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 13:52   #2
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
Re: ps2 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
does anyone know if you can get a CD that lets you play imported (US) games on an english ps2? or do you have to get the ps2 chipped? if so what is it called and does anyone have a copy etc etc...

cheers

roadrunner_0
hmm....I would think that you'd either have to wait for said game to be released over there, or get a chiip. I'm not sure why they do it, but games and dvd's and the like are encoded differently here and there...and I think you even have to have a different tv (ntsc compatible, i think?)
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 13:56   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
hmm....I would think that you'd either have to wait for said game to be released over there, or get a chiip. I'm not sure why they do it, but games and dvd's and the like are encoded differently here and there...and I think you even have to have a different tv (ntsc compatible, i think?)
Like you 'have' to have a different DVD player?

'Right'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 14:50   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

the game in question will never get a release over here, but one of the guys i work with has relatives in USA and wants to play online against one of them, so he asked me if i knew of any way of doing it without chipping the ps2, as he doesnt want to chip it
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 14:54   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Get your box chipped. Although I think there's non-chipping ones available, I'll have a look after if you haven't found anything.
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 15:20   #6
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

Hmm, I have a disc which lets me play DVD's from any region on my PS2. Maybe there's something like that for games aswell?
Unread 17 Nov 2003, 23:23   #7
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

"swap magic" (v3 recently released) is what you're looking for.

It's 2 discs, (one for CDs, one for DVDs)... you put the swap disk in first, then the copy of the game when it tells you to

however, you still have the problem of getting the ps2 to eject, which is where you either get it chipped, replace the top with a flip-top lid, or try a no-solder mod.

Proper mod chips are best (and would mean you could direct boot without a swapdisc), but they usually need at least 20 wires fine-soldered. The details of what backup methods work with what version ps2 also complicates things.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 02:11   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

yeah, i always though it was best just to buy a pre chipped box, but the guy i work with wants a disk version if he can, oh well, cheers
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 02:57   #9
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about

get a hammer

twat the shite ps2 with it

celebrate

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 14:48   #10
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

There is a swap disk 'pack' that comes with a useful plastic tool that you attach to the inner cd drive that makes the swapping insanely easy.

Or get a debug.

Plus, you mentioned you wanted to play online? Swap tricks, and most, and if not all mod chips won't help you do this in the near future......sorry.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 15:16   #11
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts

roadrunner_0.....out of curiosity, what game is it?

and SbOlly...the games are compatible, if that's what you're questioning. I've played online against ppl from the UK, France, Germany, and a few other Euro countries with no problems at all. All the chip does is allow the ps2 to decode the different software
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 15:31   #12
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

get a chip.

messiah is best.
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 17:08   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

SbOlly, its not for me, its for someone at work, we have a gamecube at home atm but do you know the name of this swap pack?
Dilly, i thik he is wanting to play some college football game against his brother in USA, and obviously it wont get released over here
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 18:35   #14
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
roadrunner_0.....out of curiosity, what game is it?

and SbOlly...the games are compatible, if that's what you're questioning. I've played online against ppl from the UK, France, Germany, and a few other Euro countries with no problems at all. All the chip does is allow the ps2 to decode the different software
Dilly_D the games are compatible, but soon they are going to enable something which means if you have UK machine, you will attempt to connect to a UK auth server, which will not ok a US game, thus meaning it will not be able to connect.

That doesn't mean if you have the UK version of a game, you won't be able to play someone in the US, but it does mean, by playing a US game on a UK machine through swap / chip, it won't work.

They may not yet do it, but it looks likely.

RR - http://www.modchipstore.com/product_...v20_Combo.html

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Nov 2003, 11:02   #15
roadrunner_0
cynic

cheers mate