User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Nov 2003, 12:27   #51
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
Re: Watch out for the "jpg" virus thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllFather|away
heh, there is no problem whatsoever hiding a exe file (or other) in a picture file.

I done it manytimes before, and it works like a charm.

Example: i wanted to scare the shit out of a friend of mine, so i wrapped a picture of a naked girl around a little script that was a trojan. When he recived the file, he loaded it and saw it as a normal picture, but at the same time he opened it, i got a icq message telling me his ip and other assorted information.

He called me all freaked out 20 minutes later when his mouse started moving all over, his keyboard was typing, programs opening and shutting etc, after a while i told him what i did, then i told him how to get the nasty thing off his computer.

Its a simple simple thing aslong as you know what your doing, so what you are saying you dutch midget is untrue
Oh good god.

Please, next time you get the urge to post something, think about it first, and then decide on a factor of 1-10 how much of what you say is true, and how much you have just made up in your head. If its < 5 true, then go ahead and hit CANCEL.

So please. Like W said. Post us a JPG that will execute code on our machines. It doesn't have too be malicious. Create a file called 'owned.prn' or bring up a messagebox. Hell format the system. I don't care. Remember 'Its a simple simple thing aslong as you know what your doing!'

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 12:28   #52
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Allfather in talking shit shocker.
No really.
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 14:29   #53
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice

Anybody who has ActiveX enabled deserves everything they get.
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 15:02   #54
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Fair enough.

I know that it is possible to run data as code by using a buffer overflow vulnerability, for example in email headers. But that's works because a certain part contain more data than the program can handle, resulting in the remaining data to be tossed in with the program code, and being executed.

With image files, text files and such pure data files not having a maximal size, it would seem unlikely that a program would be vulnerable to a buffer overflow in this regard, but I could be wrong.
Well, there are more buffers involved than just the one to load the file from disk/net. Internal processing of the data also involves buffers who sometimes assumes that a data file has less than X entries of type Y, or that the result of a calculation won't need more than X bytes of space.

Programmers are generally lazy. That's why they program their computers to do their work for them in the first place.
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 17:34   #55
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super
Wasn't there a galaxy in a round of planetarion that had something embedded in their galaxy pic that tracked people who viewed it?
i know of far more advanced systems than this operating circa r5