User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 9 Oct 2003, 00:21   #1
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Half-life 2 Playable Alphaish demo out on the Internet

SHocker, now this board looks like all the others.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 00:44   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Half-life 2 Playable Alphaish demo out on the Internet

Is this bullshit, i.e. missing all the textures, models, sounds and maps that weren't in the leak, or what
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 00:46   #3
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Is this bullshit, i.e. missing all the textures, models, sounds and maps that weren't in the leak, or what
That is the leaked source code, not the playable beta.
Entium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 00:57   #4
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entium
That is the leaked source code, not the playable beta.
Actually in the past 20 odd hours there has been a leaked fully working version.

When I say fully working, it has no single player or anything like that. It simply allows you to load up maps (few of which have working AI etc), which are mostly E3 maps.

But it is real. And it does indeed rock.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 01:03   #5
Entium

Entium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud ofEntium has much to be proud of

I was referring to pablissimo post, not to the thread title.
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 01:06   #6
weap
Romantic

weap is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it any good?
I may not lead
Just walk beside me
and be my friend.
weap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 01:09   #7
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future

Yes, as I said it rocks.

The tech demo levels with the Physgun are amazing.

I can't wait until they actually bolt a game in !

(In other news, the guy who leaked it said this was the most complete last build he could find. Which implies that Valve have been lying about how much is complete, and know that the game would never have been finished this year).

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 01:16   #8
Entium

Isn't this illegal?
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 01:20   #9
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

What, talking about something on a forum?

Not last time I checked.

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 03:15   #10
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Last thing I heard, it wasn't only the source that got stolen, but the resources as well, eg textures/sounds/maps as well. The guy who alledgedly got the source code has apparently said that he'd be releasing a pre-gold version soon.

Last edited by Leshy; 9 Oct 2003 at 03:22.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 03:16   #11
Entium

There are rumours that the beta is around 1.5 GB...
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 11:25   #12
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entium
I was referring to pablissimo post, not to the thread title.
I know the source was leaked. I didn't know the resources were. Hence the post of disbelief.
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 12:55   #13
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well apprently a older build of CS:CZ, Cstrike on HL2 and so on have been released by ANON.

Man, if they do catch this guy but I have my doubts they will he is going to get raped up the ass by Valve in legal suits.
Intrepid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2003, 14:47   #14
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

The beta is ~1.5 gb, and there's also a 113 mb patch that you apparently need. I've been donwloading it off BitTorrent, may be done by now even (at school lab now).

Uh, not that I know where to find it or anything.

Prolly won't get round to checking it out til tomorrow, will post a review when I do

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote