User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 29 Sep 2003, 09:23   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hmm explanations please

Right past few days i have been feeling rather crappy (read ill).

I have been sleeping mid afternoon both y/day and the day before for a few hours because i felt like utter ****.

However last night after waking up at a relatively early 11 and then clambering all over the welsh hills nearby and planning on an early night i couldnt sleep until around 4:30am

Some ****er phoned me this morning at 8am.
That means ive had 3 1/2 hours sleep.
However i didnt go back to sleep. I lay then unable to get to that 'sleepy tired' point again so decided to shower.

Im now up and in need of coffee.

However im up and i dont feel THAT bad considering the lack of sleep.

Now i need an explanation as to why i am able to sleep 3 1/2hours when normally 11 doesnt suffice?

Will this mild illness give me superhuman powers and the ability to sleep for miniscule amounts of time whilst retaining all my normal functionality as a human being????
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 09:29   #2
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
I find that if I sleep 4-5 hours a night, I feel slightly tired but easily ok.

If I sleep 8+ hours a night, I slowly shut down with each 'good' nights sleep, and if I keep it up for a week, I barely can stay awake for work.

So in conclusion everyone should sleep 5 hours. By sleeping 11+ you've been doing yourself sleep damage!

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 09:35   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it makes no sense tbh. Surely more sleep = better awakeness. but if i sleep for prolonged periods of time i feel far more tired when i wake up...

or i can wake up and then fall back asleep for a few more hours thereby slowly extending it in a 'wake up ....fall back asleep' cycle which can span all the way to 3pm.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 09:39   #4
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it is possible to get too much sleep, by getting 11 hours you have been doing yourself more harm than good, obviously
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 09:47   #5
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
thats weird, but not uncommon. My body clock is.. utterly frigged. Lets say i had a deadline tommorow. I could stay up till 6am, wake up at 8am, and go to uni/out all day - survive on pure adrenaline. To compensate, id crash out at 10 or 11 at night and sleep till like 10. But when id wake up then, id be ****ed.

Same thing happened freshers week. Drank all week and the most sleep i got was 5 hours one night. Didnt feel it (well, went beyond feeling it). BUt when i got a good sleep on saturday, i was absolutely shafted working on the sunday

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 09:50   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

the thing is that im fairly used to odd sleep patterns and lack of sleep adn know what it feels like.

(too many red-eye flights)

but it doesnt feel like that this time. infact i feel better today than i did yesterday.

im hungry tho..
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 09:50   #7
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
People who sleep 5 hours a night live longer than people who sleep 11 hours a night.

I've started sleeping 6 or 7 hours a night last couple of months and I don't really feel any different to when I used to sleep 8 hours. Plus I get more time to do productive things like, erm, play computer games.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 10:01   #8
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i must admit, i tend to get about 7 hours of sleep a night, but i have survived on about 7 hours of sleep since friday this weekend :/
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 10:14   #9
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
after feeling ill
even having had only a few hours sleep you will still feel better than you did

and you will also have stored up a bit of extra energy while sleeping in a rechargable battery fashion

p.s. i am ill now and at work and feeling like pants and going home soon
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 10:14   #10
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
i must admit, i tend to get about 7 hours of sleep a night, but i have survived on about 7 hours of sleep since friday this weekend :/
i can vouch for the him still being awake in the middle of the night on saturday
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:09   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
Originally posted by madi
i can vouch for the him still being awake in the middle of the night on saturday
'oops'
you should have been there when we got back to the house, we were told to go watch a video, we chose the princes bride (oh yes!) got into the living room, only to find that there was no video player! so we went to try and get one, but our mate had gone to bed and put mortiis on at full volume, so there was no way in hell we could get in to steal the VCR
we were not happy
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:28   #12
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Hmm explanations please

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
Will this mild illness give me superhuman powers and the ability to sleep for miniscule amounts of time whilst retaining all my normal functionality as a human being????
You died, but Zeus and co knew that you dying at a time like this would be grossly politically unfortunate, so you have been re-animated for some months, when a transition can be smooth. Your body will then be donated to various medical research facilities around Norway for business purposes as an apparent goodwill gesture by PA.

I really shouldn't be telling you all this.

Help me, I think I hear dogs in the distance.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:31   #13
roadrunner_0
cynic

Re: Re: Hmm explanations please

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
You died, but Zeus and co knew that you dying at a time like this would be grossly politically unfortunate, so you have been re-animated for some months, when a transition can be smooth. Your body will then be donated to various medical research facilities around Norway for business purposes as an apparent goodwill gesture by PA.

I really shouldn't be telling you all this.

Help me, I think I hear dogs in the distance.
thats what you get for living in newcastle
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:33   #14
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
JJ, where's your stalker? do you know anyone called chris btwwith blonde shaved hair? he lives in the seafront and lived in carpenter last year and is 'going out' with a first year already. know him? might be doing interpol not sure
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:35   #15
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Re: Re: Hmm explanations please

Quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner_0
thats what you get for living in newcastle
I hear dogs every night. There are some currently in my flat. They were up until about half-past twelve last night involved in lesbo sex or some other such boisterous activity of the young in the corridor outside my room.

It got so annoying that I eventually had to shoot them and bury them without regret or ceremony in the wastelands to the back of the building.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:37   #16
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
it seems plausible that, if you reach a certain stage of your sleep cycle, you will tend to continue to sleep, but if you are woken up fully then your body goes onto the "wakeful" part of the cycle and assumes all is fine (until you collapse from exhaustion).

alternatively, their could a specific mechanism, say involving adrenaline production, to enable long periods of wakefulness, but it only kicks in at a certain level of tiredness/stress.

i frequently find i feel more awake after a period of feeling tired (although i am still prone to make the kind of mistakes you make when tired) if i don't sleep for long periods.

google failed me on this one
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:38   #17
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by G_frog
it seems plausible that, if you reach a certain stage of your sleep cycle, you will tend to continue to sleep, but if you are woken up fully then your body goes onto the "wakeful" part of the cycle and assumes all is fine (until you collapse from exhaustion).

alternatively, their could a specific mechanism, say involving adrenaline production, to enable long periods of wakefulness, but it only kicks in at a certain level of tiredness/stress.

i frequently find i feel more awake after a period of feeling tired (although i am still prone to make the kind of mistakes you make when tired) if i don't sleep for long periods.

google failed me on this one
My explanation was better.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:41   #18
G_frog
Look over there!

G_frog is an unknown quantity at this point
doesn't take much doing

those "dogs" could have been werewolves - lycanthropes in newcastle are usually sufficiently hairy, and close to walking on all fours, to change regardless of the state of the moon.

they are drawn to the sent of blood, and also Newcastle Brown, made by distilling the river.

hope that helps you sleep.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 14:43   #19
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Exclamation

Quote:
I shouldn't worry. If anyone who doesn't look respectable comes up to me, then I just beat them with my cane until they retreat.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 16:10   #20
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally posted by KaneED
JJ, where's your stalker? do you know anyone called chris btwwith blonde shaved hair? he lives in the seafront and lived in carpenter last year and is 'going out' with a first year already. know him? might be doing interpol not sure

no idea.
noone called chris i know of.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 16:55   #21
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
no idea.
noone called chris i know of.
You must have a small circle of friends not to know anyone named Chris.
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 19:41   #22
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
it makes no sense tbh. Surely more sleep = better awakeness. but if i sleep for prolonged periods of time i feel far more tired when i wake up...
what i heard on the radio a while back was people get tired because they fall out of sleep routines not because they dont get enough sleep, with 3 1/2 hours sleep its like an afternoon snooze, you will be tired the next day, apparently <6 hours a nights sleep is bad for you and >9 is too
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 21:04   #23
roadrunner_0
cynic

Quote:
doesn't take much doing

those "dogs" could have been werewolves - lycanthropes in newcastle are usually sufficiently hairy, and close to walking on all fours, to change regardless of the state of the moon.

they are drawn to the sent of blood, and also Newcastle Brown, made by distilling the river.

you seem to know far too much about newcastle my friend... far too much :/
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 21:45   #24
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Have you been bitten at any time by a radioactive spider,or perhaps struck by a glowing green meteorite or even been messing about with deadly gamma rays ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 21:46   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
THE GAMMA BOMB
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Sep 2003, 22:27   #26
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
you're pregnant.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote