User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Sep 2003, 00:49   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
which mp3 hdd player?

I am thinking of buying one of those beauties but I have no clue which one as there are quite a lot of them available nowadays. I am thinking of a 20 gigabyte one but a 10/15 will do as well I guess.

Which is recommendable?, as well, I don't want to pay my arse off to get that fancy one that has all the nice little gadgets on it. I want decent soundquality and easy to use in both selecting songs and copying files from pc to mp3 player.

will check tomorrow for replies/urls, tnx in advance. nn
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 00:55   #2
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
ipod.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 00:57   #3
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
ipod.
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 00:57   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
i will check this too, links etc please and prices and availability.

10 GB should do the trick for me.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 01:02   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Depends on how much money you've got to spend. Also, how do you want to connect it up to your computer? Firewire or USB2?

Basically, the iPod seems to be the best of the bunch (my flatmate had one until it was "liberated" from him by some dodgy cab driver) but is fairly pricey. The Creative Jukebox/Zen seems fairly good too, but I don't think there's many upsides compared to the Ipod.

Thompson's also do one as well, which is much cheaper, but is far less impressive looking.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 01:27   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
id buy the Archos thing
it has a 2inch screen that can play video on it and it can take pictures with little module things

so infact you get ...

Handheld movie watchererer
Camera
HDD
Mp3 Player

ALL INONE!

http://www.archos.com
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 01:28   #7
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
HERE YOU GO..

›› Digital Video Recorder - record directly into your AV300 from any video source into MPEG4 format - no computer needed!

›› Camera 100 - transform the AV300 into a digital camera or camcorder

›› Memory Card Reader - transfer images from the CompactFlash™, SmartMedia™, Memory Stick® or MultimediaCard (depending on model) to the hard disk, without the need of a computer, to view on the LCD color screen or on a TV.

›› FM Radio & Remote Control - transforms the AV300 into an FM radio and remote with full MP3 recording capabilities
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 03:20   #8
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
Basically, the iPod seems to be the best of the bunch (my flatmate had one until it was "liberated" from him by some dodgy cab driver)

Heres a hint. Never get in a cab with 2 russian guys in the front seats.

Here's my second hint. Don't pass out due to the amount of alcohol you've consumed in this Russian filled taxi.

They were nice enough to drive me home and wake me up after robbing me in my drunk state. Which I thought was nice. Then I found out they had ripped off my debit card for a fair bit.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 03:30   #9
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Buy an iPod.
But make sure you have one of those lovely new firewire ports. It makes everything so much nicer.
The free Windows' iPod tools that are being make are quite good as well.

Can get a 15gig one for about 300 pounds. Can carry non-mp3 files as well.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 05:59   #10
Fluffie
, Mr. Fluffie

Fluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to beholdFluffie is a splendid one to behold
i got a creative jukebox dap player..

or something

'tis blue-y and 'thas 10 gigs
'tis almost full now
'tis easy to handle.. imho
'tis a bit big and heavy, but not that much
USB connection, or somethin

and i like it

trying to going to sell it evilly to someone and then use that money to buy something shinier though
just
because
i can
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 08:38   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
hans: www.mp3cdspeler.nl

if u want a light player, check out the iRiver FPT-something

I got me the old version, 256mb for €300
carrying a battery beats carrying an ipod to the gym

I saw this site before, it looks good and is nicely priced but I have never heard of H&B, anyone?

http://www.mp3cdspeler.nl/index.php?...3a0cb2517806de
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:32   #12
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Code:
 Xclef Harddisk 
     » Xclef HD-500 20GB

H&B Harddisk 
     » H&B JK20 20GB
These two seem to be nice.

XClef review

H&B (in dutch)

Both seem to be fairly unknown but just Korean copies of A-type products.

300 EU is worth it.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:49   #13
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
I decided to get the Xcelf one instead of an ipod - it's got more hard disk space and longer battery life aswell as an FM radio - for cheaper than an ipod.

Drawbacks are it doesn't look as nice, and it won't sync as well with my computer - but there's a shortage of ipods in the UK right now and I didn't wanna wait a few weeks for it.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:51   #14
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally posted by Obliterate
I decided to get the Xcelf one instead of an ipod - it's got more hard disk space and longer battery life aswell as an FM radio - for cheaper than an ipod.

Drawbacks are it doesn't look as nice, and it won't sync as well with my computer - but there's a shortage of ipods in the UK right now and I didn't wanna wait a few weeks for it.
Have you already got it then?

Is it worth it?

As in it doesn't have any errors or stuff, it really does function?
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:53   #15
Obliterate

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
Have you already got it then?

Is it worth it?

As in it doesn't have any errors or stuff, it really does function?
I will be ordering it today.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:56   #16
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
I will be ordering it today.
So you don't have any hands-on experience, in fact, no experience with it?
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:57   #17
Obliterate

Quote:
So you don't have any hands-on experience, in fact, no experience with it?
No.

If I don't like it, I can always send it back and just wait for an ipod.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:58   #18
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
No.

If I don't like it, I can always send it back and just wait for an ipod.
Ah yes, when will you be getting it?
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 09:59   #19
Obliterate

Quote:
Ah yes, when will you be getting it?
The site says next day delivery, so hopefully tomorrow.
Unread 1 Sep 2003, 10:00   #20
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
The site says next day delivery, so hopefully tomorrow.
Please post your experiences, I will be ordering it, if I am within 2 weeks.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 17:15   #21
Obliterate

Well, it came today, as promised - but unfortunately I am now in the process of trying to send it back

It didn't function properly with my computer - when I transferred mp3 files to it, they were always accompanied by a "ghost file" - which could only be seen on the mp3 player and could not be deleted.

I'm gonna wait for the ipod - that's the thing I like about apple products - they just work with no fuss.
Unread 2 Sep 2003, 19:36   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
im not sure if i can justify the price

neat, though

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 00:43   #23
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Well, it came today, as promised - but unfortunately I am now in the process of trying to send it back

It didn't function properly with my computer - when I transferred mp3 files to it, they were always accompanied by a "ghost file" - which could only be seen on the mp3 player and could not be deleted.

I'm gonna wait for the ipod - that's the thing I like about apple products - they just work with no fuss.
you just evicted it from my wish list.

i do not want 'hassle'

i want 'quality'

which means i will rape an iPod.
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 00:45   #24
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:

which means i will rape an iPod.

Unread 3 Sep 2003, 01:25   #25
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

For the love of god dont use musicmatch jukebox then. I love ephpod. Make sure you have the bran spanking new firewire thingee (when you dont have to use that adapter thingee) then your ipod will charge whilst connected to your computer. Hours of fun.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 01:28   #26
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

can anyone tell me the exact difference between firewire and usb2 ?
Unread 3 Sep 2003, 07:30   #27
Obliterate

Quote:
Originally posted by Weeks
For the love of god dont use musicmatch jukebox then. I love ephpod. Make sure you have the bran spanking new firewire thingee (when you dont have to use that adapter thingee) then your ipod will charge whilst connected to your computer. Hours of fun.
I have a mac anyway

iTunes and the iPod auto-sync whenever it is connected, which is