User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Aug 2003, 20:56   #1
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Someone who lives in London should let me sleep on their floor next week

yeah
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 20:58   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
What days? You probably could sleep on our floor, so long as the psychotic South African currently stationed there pisses off. He's due to go Monday.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 20:58   #3
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
What days? You probably could sleep on our floor, so long as the psychotic South African currently stationed there pisses off. He's due to go Monday.
Your flat seems kind of scary, arent you all goths/communists? :(

I'm not sure on the exact date, probably a week this Monday.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 20:59   #4
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
do you live in a hostel or something?
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 21:00   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
Your flat seems kind of scary, arent you all goths/communists?
Two communists, one computer programmer and one apathetic woman.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 21:04   #6
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Give that youre both a Marxist and a computer programmer, that could just mean "I live with my communist wife"...
i thought being communist and being apathetic were mutually exclusive
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 21:06   #7
Nodrog

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
i thought being communist and being apathetic were mutually exclusive
Existentialistic marxism
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 21:06   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
why are you in london? is there some kind of "event"?
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 21:08   #9
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

Quote:
Existentialistic marxism
"i just can't force myself to care about the exploitation of the proletariat anymore..."
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 21:34   #10
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by acropolis
do you live in a hostel or something?
No, we just have some nut staying here.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 21:36   #11
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
here's a table off Google:
Code:
Religious Predetermination Elitist   Moralistic   Intentions
Agnostic  Chance           Communist Relativistic Actions
Atheistic Free Will        Anarchist Amoralistic  Results

Quote:

Two communists, one computer programmer and one apathetic woman.
...walk into a bar. The first communist says, "Oi! I was told there'd be free love!". The second communist says "I was told there'd be free thought!". The computer programmer says, "Oi! I was told there'd be free software!". The apathetic woman looks at them and says, "I got what I wanted! I was told there'd be three losers."

best I could do in the time
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 21:43   #12
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
...walk into a bar. The first communist says, "Oi! I was told there'd be free love!". The second communist says "I was told there'd be free thought!". The computer programmer says, "Oi! I was told there'd be free software!". The apathetic woman looks at them and says, "I got what I wanted! I was told there'd be three losers."
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 23:20   #13
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
My housemate lives in London yo.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 23:28   #14
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough
my floor has massive spiders crawling at night, this heat mutated them or something.... big mofos
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 23:31   #15
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Hey guys, lets hijack Noddy's thread and turn it into a vegetable garden.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 19:03   #16
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by MrMighty
Hey guys, lets hijack Noddy's thread and turn it into a vegetable garden.
nah, we need MrL for that

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 19:25   #17
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
Quote:
Your flat seems kind of scary, arent you all goths/communists?
I'm neither goth nor communist.

Possibly the exact opposite, but I'm not entirely sure what that would be....

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 19:37   #18
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Trendy Nazi?
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 19:45   #19
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Apothos
Trendy Nazi?

swastikas are the in thing this year
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 23:30   #20
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by SbOlly
Possibly the exact opposite, but I'm not entirely sure what that would be....
You're a townie.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 01:03   #21
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
Quote:
You're a townie.
Am I bollocks.

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 10:23   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Am I bollocks.
I don't know you well enough to answer that question.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 10:44   #23
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Agreed. Although Yuppie would also be apt.
I can live with Yuppie better than townie.

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 11:02   #24
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
I don't know you well enough to answer that question.

comedy 'comedy' option
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 12:22   #25
Gimmick Account

Gimmick Account is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Phang
comedy 'comedy' option
SHUT UP
Gimmick Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 13:27   #26
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

You're a quick one aren't you?

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 13:27   #27
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i knew toccata was, didnt realise that sb0lly was as well :/
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 14:37   #28
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
So which one is the other communist?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 14:42   #29
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
So which one is the other communist?
He is.

I'm 'normal'

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 14:53   #30
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Sbolly = self righteous programmer
Me = marxist/anarchist Civil Servant
Dante: Marxist Libertarian employee of Housing Association
Darian's wife= non-committed mild mannered receptionist.

!
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 14:55   #31
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Edited.
too late, is that really his name?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 14:56   #32
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
too late, is that really his name?
His SECRET is out!

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:00   #33
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:

The meaning of Darian
Origin: Greek
Meaning: Gift. Also a variant of Dari Poet John Keats described the moment of discovery when explorers stood 'silent upon a peak in Darie'.

Origin: Latin
Meaning: Feminine of Darius; a Persian royal nam

he has a girls name!
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:00   #34
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
His SECRET is out!
His domain info gives his full name & address anyway for mailbomb purposes.

Oh, and I think he had his name in his PA planet...
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:01   #35
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

Quote:
Sorry D.

SbOlly's name is really Sebastian.
Yes, my name is Sebastian. The Olly in my nick is simply there to confuse people.

Veni Vidi Codi
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:05   #36
ELeeming
Cultured

ELeeming is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

What a thread to come back to after a month off.
God Told Me To Do It
Just Another Victim Of The Ambient Morality
Synchronise Your Dogmas
My site (well, kind of. Actually not at all, but it has my name on it in several places)
Aargh! Killer Bee attack! (\o/) (/o\) (\o/) (/o\)
ELeeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:06   #37
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Oh, and I think he had his name in his PA planet...
Yup, in R9.5 I was "Something Else".

Plus I've posted my real-name on these forums before, iirc.

[edit]Plus the static IP I use to host the image in my sig can be traced back to my home telephone number and address through a simple DB lookup.[/edit]

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 16 Jan 2007 at 17:04.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:26   #38
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Me = marxist/anarchist Civil Servant
Not to put too fine a point on it, but being an anarchist Civil Servant strikes me as odd.
After all, arent you helping to perpetuate the current hierarchy by working for them?

Perhaps you should reinvent yourself as more of a syndicalist? Or perhaps even an anarcho-syndicalist if it is too big a step to take at once. You could claim to be working to transform the Civil Service into a unionistic institution from within etc etc...

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:40   #39
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
Not to put too fine a point on it, but being an anarchist Civil Servant strikes me as odd.
It's not like he even works in the postal service either is it now Comrade Toccata?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:48   #40
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
your house sounds cool
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:50   #41
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
what business you got in london? ay?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:55   #42
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
what business you got in london? ay?
All drunken Scots eventually end up in London to become beggars.
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 15:58   #43
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
All drunken Scots eventually end up in London to become beggars.

they cant deal with civilisation*

* yes i know london
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:02   #44
Nusselt
share the <3

Quote:
Being a Marxist means recognising that there is a vicious class struggle between the porletariat and the bourgeoisie. As a member of the working class, I am forced to sell my labour to the bourgeoisie in order to get the necessities of life. The fact that I am forced to do this is indicative of the oppressive system we live in.

Being a communist doesn't pay well.

And yes thank you Dante, I'm sure Broomleigh Housing are doing their best for workers as well.

ive never got the class struggle thing, is it a struggle between classes, or a struggle for the prorelatians to become bourgeosie? If between classes do the proletarians want to devolve society? if a struggle to become bourgeosie why ape what you hate?speaking as a member (just) of the bourgeosie, what do you smelly people want? and why arent you clever enough to go get it?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:10   #45
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Being a Marxist means recognising that there is a vicious class struggle between the porletariat and the bourgeoisie. As a member of the working class, I am forced to sell my labour to the bourgeoisie in order to get the necessities of life. The fact that I am forced to do this is indicative of the oppressive system we live in.

Being a communist doesn't pay well.

And yes thank you Dante, I'm sure Broomleigh Housing are doing their best for workers as well.

The whole anarchist thing is a little more complicated, at the moment I would actually favour more government power if it took away from corporate power, as at least the Government is mildly accountable to the people, however my long term objectives would be the devolution of executive power to the lowest feasible level (not the same as NO Government)
Oh I know, you'll notice that I didnt comment on the Marxist bit just the anarchist.
Just as I know that anarchy isnt necessarily about having no executive at all (give me some credit please, I do actually have some education in this field ).

Which is why you should look into (anarcho-)syndicalism, especially in view of your apparent dislike for corporate influence.

PS I also find the mild-mannered receptionist bit hard to believe, as all the ones I know from personal experience have been utter psychotics, but I let it slip since there must always be atleast one exception....

Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:20   #46
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
ive never got the class struggle thing, is it a struggle between classes, or a struggle for the prorelatians to become bourgeosie? If between classes do the proletarians want to devolve society? if a struggle to become bourgeosie why ape what you hate?speaking as a member (just) of the bourgeosie, what do you smelly people want? and why arent you clever enough to go get it?
It is a struggle over the possession of the means of production.

Possession of the means of production, and hence possession of the produced goods themselves, should be in the hands of the labourers who do the work according to marxism.

And since it did not just get handed over, this entailed a struggle which Marx and Engels (everyone always forgets Engels for some reason) dubbed the 'class struggle'.

And there it starts to get really muddy, since interpretation of what the class struggle should entail runs from violent insurrection (a la Bakunin) to obtaining a parliamentary majority (a la Jaures).

(I'll leave my personal opinions on all of this out of this thread, since it has deviated far enough already )

Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:22   #47
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
hey guys.. did nod find a floor to sleep on?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:32   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
To quickly exaplain the class struggle it is simply that there are those who own the means of production and those who produce, at present the oweners are rewarded disproportinatley to the actual producers who are alienated from the fruits of their labour and are exploited bt the owners of the means of production. The only agenda for either side of these people is to get more for themselves.

And to solve this problem you're suggesting anarchy?
Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:33   #49
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:

I add Marxist because I want to make it clear that I come from a Marxist standpoint.
Marxism isnt anarchistic by nature. Bakunin was in many ways diametrically opposed to Marx.

Whose views (and practices) appeal more to you, those of Jaures or those of Bakunin?
Or simply 'pure' Marxist theory (in which case you would be more of a communist than an anarchist)?

Unread 11 Aug 2003, 16:34   #50
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
And to solve this problem you're suggesting anarchy?
it is a valid solution in theory .