User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 8 Jul 2003, 08:34   #1
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Fallout 2

= teh win

this is possibly the best game I've played in a long time..

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 08:39   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yes, it's a masterpiece, as is Fallout 1.

There is so much depth in the game, it's worth replaying a few times too.

Has anyone tried the script-editor they've released for it? I was thinking if I ever get a few days of having a play.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 09:36   #3
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
Every Fallout = teh win.

Yes, even Fallout Tactics Dante....

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 10:17   #4
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Fallout 2 is amazing. Fallout is worth playing if you loved Fallout 2, the sequel is far superior though.

The old graphics might put people off though, it is five years old afer all.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 13:03   #5
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got lost half way through, i felt sometimes there were these huge treks to do the smallest thing
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 13:28   #6
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
anyone know if never winter nights is a solely online game?
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 14:31   #7
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
fallout is so much a better rpg than neverwinter (for single player at least)

it's so stupid when you kill someone that is beating you up with a sword and shield that you can't find a sword or shield on the corpse.

and if you kill a shopkeeper you can't find any equipment at all in his store. wtf?

fallout, if a shopkeeper can sell you something than you can get that something by killing him (obviouslyt he'll have big guards tho)

i wish the fallout peeps would make a neverwinter-type game.

(best thing about neverwinter is that people can make their own versions of the game to run online, and they do it right)
Quote:
Originally posted by Toccata & Fugue
Not sure what you are asking, but NWN is a single player game (although you can team up on a lan/internet. It's basically Baldurs gate 3, Dungeon master action. Pure quality. Whether it's online or not I don't know, but it's not a Massively Multiplayer or anything.
how many people can a neverwinter world hold? i heard one online mod was admitting up to 1500 people.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 14:42   #8
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
It's basically Baldurs gate 3,
It's not BG3.

The Baldur's Gate games were plot driven masterworks. NWN is more like Icewind Dale, a bit hopeless really.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 15:15   #9
acropolis
Vermin Supreme

acropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better placeacropolis single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
sigh, I was describing it in terms of engine/playability. Was trying to make it easy but thanks for confusing the issue. Similarly whilst you can play with lots of people in a team I still woudn't class it as an MMORPG. I have clearly stumbled into a RPG fetish area and will hastily withdraw back to my Final Fantasy roots.
ffvii could be described as a 'plot-driven masterwork'

haven't played the more recent ones.

cept 8.

nw has the rules for d&d, which is cool, and a quality engine.

but as it is the game i'm playing right now, and i've already beaten it, i'm very frustrated by the level of replayability.
acropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 15:18   #10
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Not sure what you are asking, but NWN is a single player game (although you can team up on a lan/internet. It's basically Baldurs gate 3, Dungeon master action. Pure quality. Whether it's online or not I don't know, but it's not a Massively Multiplayer or anything.
that's all i wanted, just to play it alone with paying to play it, ta
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 15:51   #11
Potatouk
Dude with meat

Potatouk is an unknown quantity at this point
a question with fallout 2:

i quit it after whenever i started travelling, i get this animation which automatcially killed me??!

it was with this old guy 'in a dream'

wtf?!
Potatouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 18:31   #12
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
that's the healer dude. I just ignore him. I think that'd going to catch up to me in the future though..

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 20:38   #13
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Potatouk
a question with fallout 2:

i quit it after whenever i started travelling, i get this animation which automatcially killed me??!

it was with this old guy 'in a dream'

wtf?!
Erm, I'm not sure what's going on here.
The old guy is supposed to show up in your dreams, but you don't die because of it.

The only thing I think it could be is that you were suffering from radiation poisoning. If the dosage is high enough it takes a few days to kill you. Since travelling takes a lot of time you die pretty quickly.

Also, the original game is very bugged, I mean very! You need the patch if you want to play the game. This might also be your problem.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 20:46   #14
Freakozoid
Anon.

Freakozoid is an unknown quantity at this point
Jagged Alliance 2!!!

HURRAH!
Freakozoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 22:55   #15
Potatouk
Dude with meat

Potatouk is an unknown quantity at this point
cheers, thats prob it.

thanx chubbychecker :-)

now to look for a patch...
Potatouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 23:04   #16
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Freakozoid
Jagged Alliance 2!!!

HURRAH!

lovely game

I played it untill the very end and if i am correct I killed the evil dicator or something but somehow the game didnt end, had no clue what i left out :s

I might install it soonish again
Unread 8 Jul 2003, 23:34   #17
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
i need ja2, cant find anywhere that sells it, that game ruled
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
Follow the guy in front
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote