User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:16   #1
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Blood

My summer job is basically telemarketing for blood. I work for a blood bank and call people to guilt them into donating blood. Since staring work there I have lost some faith in humanity (I'm not really in abundance of faith to begin with). Some of these people are truly horrible. I've heard every possible excuse to not give and today some woman threatened to sue. I think she's going to be very frustrated when she realizes how hard it is to sue a non-profit organization for not at all breaking the law but whatever. The point is people are self-serving assholes and I hope everyone in the pittsburgh area who hangs up on me needs a liver transplant. (that operation needs 100 pints of blood by the way). If you are eligible to give blood and you don't you're a terrible person and I hope you're cursed with a rare blood type and a bloody accident.

have a nice day.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:19   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I might consider giving blood if I got paid for it.
I hear you get all whoozey and tired for a few days afterwards.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:19   #3
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
People don't buy from telemarketing people on principle.

Guilt-inducing adverts are the only way to go.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:24   #4
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dog
People don't buy from telemarketing people on principle.
too right. telemarketing people are there to be annoyed, that is all they are good for.

anyway, don't you get paid for blood in the US? if so, it should be selling, not donating.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:26   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ive given blood

i got a funky card with my blood type on it too!
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:28   #6
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
ive given blood

i got a funky card with my blood type on it too!
what type? XXXX? Special Brew?

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:30   #7
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
im A Rhesus Positive.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:30   #8
Nicole

Nicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really niceNicole is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
I might consider giving blood if I got paid for it.
I hear you get all whoozey and tired for a few days afterwards.
I'm a big wuss and that doesn't happen when I give. The first time I was whoozey but only because I didn't eat beforehand. The feeling lasted an all of 15 minutes. I hear hundreds of excuses a day and nobody has mentioned being tired for days. So I think someone lied to you.

As to the matter of payment. Considering in the last decade how many transplants we are able to perform it is absurd to think that each donor can be paid. Blood donations in the US are collected by the Red Cross and Lifesource. Both are non-profit organizations. Regardless that no one is making money off of this they have to charge the hospitals for blood who in return charge the patients for the blood received. The reason is because the process of blood collecting is expensive. The bag alone for platelets is 200 dollars. And that's for one pint. So it costs so much money for a pint of blood, to add on the price of say 20 dollars per donor would be exorbitant. I go back to the example of the liver transplant. A patient would have to pay an extra 2000 dollars to cover the cost of paying donors to give. I personally think it's wrong to add on this manner of payment to all the other stress a person who needs a transfusion or organ might have.

In short you're a selfish prick and I hope you need an organ transplant. Which, by the way if you are lucky enough to receive said organ and there's not enough of your particular blood type for the operation at the hospital then your organ goes to someone else and you're knocked back down the waiting list.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 09:35   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

last time i gave blood it wasnt 'coming out fast enough' and id passed the time limit and had it extended. however when the 'chief nurse' came over and began playing with the stupid goddamn needle i basically passed out and awoke 20seconds later boiling hot with several people fanning me. twas rather cool (or hot depending on how you look at it)...however it was like waking up after a really bad hangover. i couldnt move and the nausia feeling was horrible.

i couldnt walk or do anything for about 20minutes and i wasnt 'right' for the rest of the day.

i agreed to let my ex-gf drive my car and she realised that i was 'coming back around' when i said 'hold on a minute....im not letting you drive'...

HOWEVER

in most cases that doenst happen and it was a 'one off' (hopefully). The effects last about 1-2hours but arnt noticable after a 15 minute recovery period.

and even tho i felt like crap and had to endure ridicule from gf (hers went without a hitch) i still feel like ive 'helped' which is a nice feeling.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 10:43   #10
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Re: Blood

Quote:
Originally posted by Nicole
If you are eligible to give blood and you don't you're a terrible person and I hope you're cursed with a rare blood type and a bloody accident.
In short, darling, you are a fking bully and I'm glad that in free countries like the UK and US people have the right to not give blood in case it ends up used in someone like you.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 10:53   #11
JammyJim
Godfather

the thing is tho
you would gladly take blood if involved in an accident.

if your prepared to take it then surely you should give some as well?

Its only because people are willing give up something that replensishes itself within a few days that your able to survive crashes and various other accidents.

Without those donations then we would, infact, be utterly utterly screwed.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:02   #12
Nicole

Re: Re: Blood

Quote:
Originally posted by CrashTester
In short, darling, you are a fking bully and I'm glad that in free countries like the UK and US people have the right to not give blood in case it ends up used in someone like you.
How does this make me a bully? Have I threatened anyone? Have any consequences occured as a result of someone going against my wishes? No. At most you could accuse me of being judgemental. I can assure you that blood will be used in people like me since I am hardly the only judgemental person you are likely to run across.

Also if you are suggesting by your free country statement that I wish to make donating blood compulsory, you are mistaken. I was commenting on the laziness and selfishness of the eligible people who refuse to voluntarily donate.

P.S. JammyJim deserves a gold star for helping save up to three lives with his donation.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:10   #13
Radical Edward

Re: Re: Re: Blood

Quote:
How does this make me a bully? Have I threatened anyone? Have any consequences occured as a result of someone going against my wishes? No. At most you could accuse me of being judgemental.
and pretty harshly. I hope you don't take that tone with the people that you are phoning up.

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:14   #14
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
hey doods i was all set to give blood after nicole's outburst when i went to the uk blood donation site, and the wankers dont let you donate if you've had malaria. wankers. i had it once as a child but apparently it still might be in my blood, alien like, waiting to burst forth into unsuspecting people receiving new hearts and stuff. So unfourtunately ill be taking all your blood, but never giving any in return. HA.

gimme your blood

edit most of PA GD cant donate either

Quote:
You are a man who has had sex with another man, even if a condom or other protective was used
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:15   #15
Nicole

I've actually been accused of being "too nice" if you can imagine that. The people who put on a little pressure actually get better results. Obviously being insulting isn't effective and a good way to lose your job so nobody resorts to that.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:23   #16
Radical Edward

Quote:
I've actually been accused of being "too nice" if you can imagine that. The people who put on a little pressure actually get better results. Obviously being insulting isn't effective and a good way to lose your job so nobody resorts to that.
put on some pressure then... that way you too will get better results, and we won't have to put up with your bitterness.

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:26   #17
Nicole

Clearly we haven't met. I'm Nicole embodiment of all that is bitter. And you are Radical Edward, a person who is likely to see it again.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:28   #18
Radical Edward

Quote:
Clearly we haven't met. I'm Nicole embodiment of all that is bitter. And you are Radical Edward, a person who is likely to see it again.
hopefully not. what would you do if the world became a wonderful place and you had nothing to be bitter about anymore? would you be bitter at the lack of things to be bitter about?

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:31   #19
Nicole

It's quite possible. Although I'd probably refer to it as boredom.
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:35   #20
Black Dog
Dazed and Confused

Black Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really niceBlack Dog is just really nice
Quote:
Clearly we haven't met. I'm Nicole embodiment of all that is bitter.
So what do have to look forward to when you've reached retirement? You'll already have used up your licence to be bitter.

Just the free bus pass, ability to play the harmonica, having a rocking chair and smoking a pipe to look forward to now.
Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:36   #21
Radical Edward

Quote:
It's quite possible. Although I'd probably refer to it as boredom.
well that wouldn't be wonderful though, since it wouldn't be enough to stop you from being bored.

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:37   #22
insane_in_da_membrane
Blowdried

insane_in_da_membrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Im too much of a wuss

though Ill probably go give blood one day if im not diseased
insane_in_da_membrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 11:57   #23
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt

edit most of PA GD cant donate either
What the hell? Does gay sex mess up your blood? Or are NHS patients all irrationally homophobic?
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:00   #24
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by queball
What the hell? Does gay sex mess up your blood? Or are NHS patients all irrationally homophobic?
it is in the section about AIDS and nasty gay diseases like that.

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:27   #25
Christian
Attitude

Christian is infamous around these parts
I've given blood twice.
Todd: Truth is like a blanket that always leaves your feet cold. You push it, stretch it, it'll never be enough. Kick at it, beat it, it'll never cover any of us. From the moment we enter crying, to the moment we leave dying, it'll just cover your face as you wail and cry and scream.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:36   #26
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice

Quote:
If you are eligible to give blood and you don't you're a terrible person and I hope you're cursed with a rare blood type and a bloody accident.
I'm A+ and have a nice bronze card saying so. Only 6 more units then I get a silver one \o/
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:39   #27
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
they wont accept my blood
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:48   #28
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I've actually been accused of being "too nice" if you can imagine that.
I find it hard to imagine, and even harder to believe.

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:51   #29
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
The UK National Blood Service

Remember... chicks prefer guys who'll give even if they don't receive!

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 12:59   #30
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
For a start, im not sure theyd take my blood, as im on medication. Plus, im under 18 still.

However, its not something i wont consider doing in the future if im considered acceptable. Hell, maybe i can make the most of it, donate blood every fortnight or something then go out on a cheap pissup due to the lack of blood.

Really though, i dont know what you expect Nicole, working in Telemarketing. IMO Its one of the most scummy jobs around. I cant think of a time anyone in my house has accepted anything from a Telesales person, and if i was asked out of the blue "will you donate blood" over the phone by someone i dont know im pretty sure i would say no too.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:03   #31
Radical Edward

and there you hit the nail on the head. There is something annoyingly intrusive about telemarketing, it really does feel like an invasion of privacy sometimes.

personally I like to have fun with them where I can, like the time I almost had a guy believing that I was interested in a patio and conservatory before I informed him that I lived on the second floor of a listed building.

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:07   #32
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
In my opinion we shouldn't need to ask for blood. Everyone should have to a give a minimum amount every few months, else sign a disclaimer saying that in case of accident they will not recieve any blood.

Same for Donors. You shouldn't have to carry a Donor card. It should be *assumed* you are a donor unless you have otherwise specified to your local doctor. But the second you nominate part of you to be non-donorable, you can never recieve that part if you ever become ill.

Harsh, but fair me thinks.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:11   #33
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by SbOlly
In my opinion we shouldn't need to ask for blood. Everyone should have to a give a minimum amount every few months, else sign a disclaimer saying that in case of accident they will not recieve any blood.

Same for Donors. You shouldn't have to carry a Donor card. It should be *assumed* you are a donor unless you have otherwise specified to your local doctor. But the second you nominate part of you to be non-donorable, you can never recieve that part if you ever become ill.

it's not really fair either. it is effectively condemning them if they don't want to donate...

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:13   #34
SbOlly
Spelling is for pussies

SbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant futureSbOlly has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
it's not really fair either. it is effectively condemning them if they don't want to donate...
Thats the point.....

Usually I'm all for free choice and all that gibbins' but until there is a way to 'manufacture' blood externally, and the only source is people, I think it should be on a Give, then you take principle.

I always get the soggy biscuit

Veni Vidi Codi
SbOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:16   #35
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:

YES! That'll make alot of the ethnic minorities leave this country!
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:20   #36
Radical Edward

Quote:
Thats the point.....

Usually I'm all for free choice and all that gibbins' but until there is a way to 'manufacture' blood externally, and the only source is people, I think it should be on a Give, then you take principle.
I don't see why people should be forced to give blood or donate organs in order to be eligible to recieve them though.

Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:47   #37
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
My summer job is basically telemarketing for blood. I work for a blood bank and call people to guilt them into donating blood. Since staring work there I have lost some faith in humanity (I'm not really in abundance of faith to begin with). Some of these people are truly horrible. I've heard every possible excuse to not give and today some woman threatened to sue. I think she's going to be very frustrated when she realizes how hard it is to sue a non-profit organization for not at all breaking the law but whatever. The point is people are self-serving assholes and I hope everyone in the pittsburgh area who hangs up on me needs a liver transplant. (that operation needs 100 pints of blood by the way). If you are eligible to give blood and you don't you're a terrible person and I hope you're cursed with a rare blood type and a bloody accident.

have a nice day.
I gave blood for a few years. If they would have decent nurses who could actually hit my vains in one time instead of 10 tries, id still do it. But heh, i believe its everybodys own right to give it or not and pretty sad you judge ppl on that.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 13:49   #38
sigrid
hated dead or alive

sigrid is an unknown quantity at this point
oh, and everybody who doesnot give to charity and doesnot get their pets from the petshelter are terrible persons also.
sigrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 14:28   #39
Nicole

Quote:
Originally posted by Deffeh
For a start, im not sure theyd take my blood, as im on medication. Plus, im under 18 still.

However, its not something i wont consider doing in the future if im considered acceptable. Hell, maybe i can make the most of it, donate blood every fortnight or something then go out on a cheap pissup due to the lack of blood.

Really though, i dont know what you expect Nicole, working in Telemarketing. IMO Its one of the most scummy jobs around. I cant think of a time anyone in my house has accepted anything from a Telesales person, and if i was asked out of the blue "will you donate blood" over the phone by someone i dont know im pretty sure i would say no too.
You have to be 17, and most medications are acceptable.

As for the telemarketing issue I agree entirely. I shouldn't have to call people and ask them to give blood. Unfortunately in the US 50% of people are eligible to donate blood. Only 6% actually donate. There is always a shortage with the exception of the week after Sept 11 2001. Also it should be noted that these people aren't called out of the blue. They already gave and that's how we have their information.

Also sigrid as to your comment about my judging people for this, oh well. Some people judge others based on how they look, what they where, where they live, etc... I judge people based on how useful I consider them to be based on my own standard of usefulness. Are we seriously going to start judging why each one of us judge's? You just judged me as sad based on a rant on a internet forum. What does that say about your judgment?
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 15:43   #40
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
now i cant ever give blood i want to

im thinking of giving it anyway, look people need weakened malaria in their systems, ill help them get resistance, like a 2 for 1 offer while having an operation. Im being descriminated against. Wont they screen my blood anyways??
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 19:40   #41
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
i have donated blood 3 times in the last 10 months, what means about 1,5 liters. I am a good person and I help my society. I have a donor card. My blood is A+
remember what happend here today
i owned you all
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 19:44   #42
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
If people are so desperately needing blood, why cant they pay others to donate it? I'd probably donate blood if someone gave me 50 pound for it, and 50 pound isnt really much to ask someone to pay for medical treatment. It's great that some people give voluntarily and all, but I dont really like needles, so I wouldnt do it unless I was getting something out of it (like money). I wouldnt expect other people to give blood to me for free either, if they didnt like needles (or had other reasons for not donating). If I needed it, I'd be perfectly willing to pay for it.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 19:49   #43
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
If people are so desperately needing blood, why cant they pay others to donate it? I'd probably donate blood if someone gave me 50 pound for it, and 50 pound isnt really much to ask someone to pay for medical treatment. It's great that some people give voluntarily and all, but I dont really like needles, so I wouldnt do it unless I was getting something out of it (like money). I wouldnt expect other people to give blood to me for free either, if they didnt like needles (or had other reasons for not donating). If I needed it, I'd be perfectly willing to pay for it.
That's how it works in America, AFAIK. Here you get a biscuit. But you don't get skagheads lying on the form so they can buy $50 of heroin, which is nice.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 19:52   #44
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend
I have low white blood cell and thrombocyte counts, so I doubt they'd want my blood even if I offered it (which I wouldn't, because needles are evil).
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 19:56   #45
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
i HATE needles, they are 'teh lose' I also hate seeing my own blood in any quantity larger than |<-->|. If I could be, liek, randomly drugged beforehand you could tap me dry, but I just really hate the idea of the proceedure.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:00   #46
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
here I get an boiled egg, and a sandwich
I always say I havent eaten anything, so they give me food before AND AFTER stealing my blood

otherwise id get food only after
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Jun 2003, 20:13   #47
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I can't give blood after my incident with staph.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote