User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 17 May 2017, 20:36   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
An idea for stats

As Lights 25 round old and now defunct setup guide is stickied in here and this is now primarily a stats section could we please have a beginners guide to stat making stickied instead.

Maybe have the AC/DC/EC formulaes up for people to reference. Have general guide to what the process is. IE. Jintaos matrix fetish

Maybe it could be added and updated to provide more general race concepts etc or a ship naming guide?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2017, 23:10   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: An idea for stats

I wrote this a while ago. It's far from perfect, and incomplete to boot, but it might help.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2017, 23:16   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I also have this:
Code:
* All
** Terran
   - Fi :: Harpy, Mandrake
   - Co :: Phoenix, Gryphon, Cerberus(Ro)
   - Fr :: Chimera, Drake, Centaur, Gryphon
   - De :: Pegasus, Unicorn, Demeter(Ro), Drake, Sphinx(Sk), Minotaur(Ro), Chimera(De), Lynx(Ro), Barghest, Cerberus(Ro)
   - Cr :: Syren, Hydra, Behemoth(Sk), Basilisk
   - Bs :: Wyvern, Dragon, Leviathan(Ro), Behemoth(Sk), Ziz(Ro)
** Cathaar
   - Fi :: Spider, Vindicator, Beetle
   - Co :: Scarab, Defender, Roach, Viper, Beetle, Mosquito(Ro)
   - Fr :: Black Widow, Recluse, Defender, Roach, Mosquito(Ro), Scarab, Viper, Mantis
   - De :: Widow Maker, Black Widow, Roach, Scarab, Scorpion
   - Cr :: Tarantula, Avenger, Mantis(Ro), Scorpion, Hornet(Ro), Basilisk(Sk), Roach, Termite(Sk), Black Widow, Widow Maker
   - Bs :: Scorpion, Guardian, Termite(Sk), Mantis, Firefly(Sk)
** Xandathrii
   - Fi :: Vsharrak, Pulsar, Sentinel, Dagger(Ro), Predator(Sk), Phantom, Illusion, Ghoul(Ro), Apparition, Banshee, Illusion(Ro)
   - Co :: Arrowhead, Predator, Bomber, Vulture(Ro), Sentinel, Banshee, Mirage, Pulsar, Spirit, Wraith
   - Fr :: Bolt Thrower, Lancer, Broadsword, Arrowhead, Bomber, Sabre(Ro), Trebuchet(Ro), Voracean(Sk), Ghost, Tzen, Predator(Sk), Shadow, Vampyre(Ro), Nightmare
   - De :: Fireblade, Bolt Thrower, Lancer, Peacekeeper, Predator(Sk), Revenant, Spirit(Sk), Wraith, Ghost, Specter, Haunt(Sk)
   - Cr :: Peacekeeper, Broadsword, Wraith, Lancer
   - Bs :: Dreadnought, Fireblade, Broadsword, Spectre, Predator(Sk)
** Zikonian
   - Fi :: Corsair, Cutlass, Assassin, Interceptor, Privateer(Ro)
   - Co :: Smuggler(Ro), Brig, Thief, Cutter, Privateer(Ro), Cutlass, Assassin
   - Fr :: Thief, Cutter, Marauder, Buccaneer, Ironclad(Fr), Galleon(Sk), Cutlass, Clipper, Privateer(Ro), Assassin, Brigand, Corsair
   - De :: Buccaneer, Clipper, Marauder(Ro), Rogue, Privateer(De)
   - Cr :: Rogue, Pillager, Marauder, Raider(Ro), Galleon(Sk), Buccaneer, Ironclad(Ro), Pirate
   - Bs :: Pirate, Man o'War, Rogue, Raider(Ro), Galleon(Sk), Pillager(Ro), Pillager, Ironclad(Ro), Buccaneer
** Eitreides
   - Fi :: Merchant, Merchant(Ro)
   - Co :: Voyager, Vendor, Rambler(Ro), Merchant(Ro), Smuggler
   - Fr :: Ranger, Dealer, Merchant, Rambler(Ro), Investor, Merchant(Ro), Broker, Tycoon
   - De :: Dealer, Tycoon, Devastator, Vulture(Ro)
   - Cr :: Investor, Liquidator(Sk), Ranger, Broker, Baliff(Ro)
   - Bs :: Tycoon, Broker, Baliff(Ro), Liquidator(Sk), Paladin, Stalwart, Broker(Ro), Caravel(Ro)
Code:
* Selected
** Terran
   - Fi :: Harpy
   - Co :: Phoenix, Gryphon, Cerberus(Ro)
   - Fr :: Chimera, Centaur, Gryphon
   - De :: Pegasus, Demeter(Ro), Drake, Sphinx(Sk), Minotaur(Ro), Barghest
   - Cr :: Syren, Hydra, Behemoth(Sk), Basilisk
   - Bs :: Wyvern, Dragon, Leviathan(Ro), Behemoth(Sk), Ziz(Ro)
** Cathaar
   - Fi :: Spider, Vindicator
   - Co :: Defender, Viper, Beetle, Mosquito(Ro)
   - Fr :: Widow, Recluse, Defender, Scarab
   - De :: Widow
   - Cr :: Tarantula, Hornet(Ro), Basilisk(Sk), Roach, Termite(Sk)
   - Bs :: Scorpion, Guardian, Termite(Sk), Mantis
** Xandathrii
   - Fi :: Vsharrak, Pulsar, Dagger(Ro), Phantom, Banshee, Illusion(Ro)
   - Co :: Arrowhead, Predator, Vulture(Ro), Sentinel, Mirage, Wraith
   - Fr :: Bolt Thrower, Bomber, Sabre(Ro), Tzen, Predator(Sk), Shadow
   - De :: Fireblade, Revenant, Ghost, Specter, Haunt(Sk)
   - Cr :: Peacekeeper, Broadsword
   - Bs :: Dreadnought, Spectre, Predator(Sk)
** Zikonian
   - Fi :: Corsair, Interceptor
   - Co :: Smuggler(Ro), Cutter, Cutlass
   - Fr :: Thief, Privateer(Ro), Brigand
   - De :: Buccaneer, Clipper, Ironclad(Ro)
   - Cr :: Pillager, Marauder, Raider(Ro), Galleon(Sk)
   - Bs :: Pirate, Man o'War, Rogue, Galleon(Sk), Pillager(Ro), Pillager
** Eitraides
   - Fi :: Merchant
   - Co :: Voyager, Vendor, Merchant(Ro), Smuggler
   - Fr :: Ranger, Dealer, Rambler(Ro), Investor
   - De :: Dealer, Devastator, Vulture(Ro)
   - Cr :: Investor, Liquidator(Sk), Ranger, Broker
   - Bs :: Tycoon, Broker, Baliff(Ro), Liquidator(Sk)
The way I went about creating those list was going over a bunch of rounds and writing down ship names. I forgot which rounds I used. Maybe 16-30? I also forgot what criteria I used to 'select' ship names.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2017, 23:36   #4
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

For names i think one should go with your own nostalgia preference.

R6 is the original stats set in my eyes.

Meanwhile, Interceptor/Spider/Phantoms/Harpy/vsharak always used to be a fighter, and i think they should continue being that.
Phoenix, Torpedo, Arrowhead used to be corevettes.

FR/DE/CR and even BS has been interchanging on ship names since the beginning, wich is quite natural.

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2017, 04:54   #5
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Yeah I was thinking broader tbh with the ship names.

Terran is Mythical Creatures

Cat is insects

Xan is supernatural

Zik is Nautical

Etd is I would guess 'financial'?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2017, 05:00   #6
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Yeah I was thinking broader tbh with the ship names.

Terran is Mythical Creatures

Cat is insects

Xan is supernatural

Zik is Nautical

Etd is I would guess 'financial'?
Well id guess that Terran means creatures from earth(terra in latin)?

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote