User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:36   #1
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice
Transparency for the Alliance Reps and/or Dev Forums

My suggestion is a read-only access to the alliance reps, and/or the dev forums to increase transparency towards the community.

I want this access mainly because I'm curious. It also serves as a check on alliance bias, and that I should not need to rely on my own alliance's (if I have any) rep to learn what's going on.

Last edited by eltsin; 28 Dec 2009 at 14:41.
eltsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 14:51   #2
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: Transparancy for the Alliance Reps and/or Dev Forums

I don't think this is the best solution but it is a huge step in the right direction, and more importantly I can actually see PATeam willing to make this kind of change (much more likely than some of the other ideas floating in my head).

+1 from me
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:11   #3
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

pro

"It´s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:26   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sounds good.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 15:34   #5
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Good suggestion. Transparency always helps. And adds quite some entertainment when you see your alliances' reps talking out of their arse.
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 16:02   #6
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

i was thinking of getting 20 people whos not playing to sign up to my tag, then i will have my own alliance and demand a seat in #alliances.
I will then set up a relay to a public channel, where everyone can witness the one-sided discussions where the huge block of incompetent and unadaptive alliance leaders circlejerk themselves into a nirvana of self pity and ignorance, just to disguise the fact they have FAIL written all over their face.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 17:51   #7
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
i was thinking of getting 20 people whos not playing to sign up to my tag, then i will have my own alliance and demand a seat in #alliances.
I will then set up a relay to a public channel, where everyone can witness the one-sided discussions where the huge block of incompetent and unadaptive alliance leaders circlejerk themselves into a nirvana of self pity and ignorance, just to disguise the fact they have FAIL written all over their face.
I'll join!!

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 18:08   #8
damo8
NewDawn HC

damo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura about

I like this idea.

Would give a lot more in-sight into how other alliance leaders see the game moving forward. It would also allow the community to see what's being proposed and why its being proposed.

Definetly a move forward. A big yes from me.
NewDawn - Scanner - Round 31
NewDawn - HC/Peon - Round 32
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - Peon - Round 33/34
NewDawn - HC - Round 35
damo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 20:31   #9
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
I'll join!!
i will make a tag start of next round, you are welcome! D

anyone else wanna join just PM me when im around. find me in #apprime
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 20:33   #10
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I wholeheartedly support this idea!
Unread 28 Dec 2009, 23:51   #11
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

I'd prefer to just delete the #alliance dev system and alliance reps.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 02:18   #12
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

THis suggestion is an improvement of the current situation. I also like Hanzi suggestion and would gladly participate in getting him a seat.
Light is rightly named, the system is an insult to the rest of the community and should be scrapped altogether. Improvements to the game with this system have been non existent, join #failed and continue talking among your small group if you like, but it's time to make real decisions.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 02:24   #13
[DDK]gm

[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future[DDK]gm has a brilliant future

This is the first time in years that the alliance reps have been asked for thier opinion on changes to pa, we supported many of the ideas that cin put forward but.. OMG!!!! some have the side affect of damaging fortress gals so lets all pm abuse to cin and flame the forums!!!!

so the result of your flaming will probibly meen no changes and just another round the same.

Damo if you want to be an allaince rep then speek to cat but i can assure you there is not much discussed in #alliances or its forum and is usually just a place to pester pateam about confirmation on what the setup is for next round.

I think PA needs a ingame voting system on changes so we dont have to rely on the usual trolling on this forums to gain opinion.
R10 Eclipse
R10.5-R13 FAnG
R20-23 CT
R23 (CT BG) ToF
R24-R82... CT
[DDK]gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 02:33   #14
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

No you do not want 'consensus'. You want a clear vision, if anything, on where you want to get this game.
Not design by commission, not something 'we all agree on'. Get a plan and stick to it. But a reason why most of this community fails to play this game properly (apart from obvious time constraints from the 'casual player') is that most do not have a plan and even less people stick to that. This also goes for the PA Team.
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 02:41   #15
SantaCruz
I've been around

SantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to beholdSantaCruz is a splendid one to behold

Well as an alliance rep i keep my alliance informed to what goes on in the forum. As well as ask for there opinions before i reply. so if your rep isn't going this i would be more then happy for you all to apply to vision ^^ w00t
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 08:13   #16
eltsin
zawze^asc

eltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really niceeltsin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DDK]gm View Post
This is the first time in years that the alliance reps have been asked for thier opinion on changes to pa, we supported many of the ideas that cin put forward but.. OMG!!!! some have the side affect of damaging fortress gals so lets all pm abuse to cin and flame the forums!!!!

so the result of your flaming will probibly meen no changes and just another round the same.
Since you do not quote anyone I'll assume (dangerous, dangerous) that this is a reply to my opening suggestion.

The point of my post was not to criticise the suggested changes - whatever they were, or are - nor to flame Cin, PATeam, or the alliance reps. I just want some transparency, for both myself, and the community.

You should also take your voting system suggestion to a new thread so it can be debated there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz
Well as an alliance rep i keep my alliance informed to what goes on in the forum. As well as ask for there opinions before i reply. so if your rep isn't going this i would be more then happy for you all to apply to vision ^^ w00t
I don't have any problem with my alliances rep, who's both active and involved, and communicates with the peons in my alliance. And truth be told, several of the peons in my alliance, including me, are no better than anyone else when it comes to game design and game balancing.
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 14:30   #17
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
You keep your alliance informed about stuff from a private forum and channel that both have no-paste policies? Cool!
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Dec 2009, 14:57   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We don't paste, we just type about what happens in there! That's allowed.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote