User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Nov 2008, 19:50   #1
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little
Should Munin relay XP?

Sorry to distract from the politics and shit, but someone complained about a new Munin feature this round. As some of you (particularly DCs/BCs/whatever), Munin is occasionally used to relay incoming to other alliances. This round, someone in Ascendancy requested that XP be added to the relay, so we it's easier to see when XP is a factor in organizing def.

I figured I might as well add this to all relays, but someone's complained that this is 'broken'. I don't really know how to best figure out if anyone uses this feature, but I'll ask here. Does anyone? Is it useful?

An example report looks like this:

19:49:32 <@Munin> jesterina reports: (xp: 14) 1:1:1 2:2:2 pateam are doodooheads Ter 1 Attack 10 P Reported

In this example, 2 2 2 would gain 14 xp.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2008, 20:54   #2
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future
Re: Should Munin relay XP?

are you seriously that bored?

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2008, 21:07   #3
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
are you seriously that bored?
Shush up girl and let the man code.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2008, 22:15   #4
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
Shush up girl and let the man code.
Remind me.. who are you?

p3nguin Founder
Unread 5 Nov 2008, 23:30   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh snap. You totally owned him there Assassin!
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 00:47   #6
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Oh snap. You totally owned him there Assassin!
Stop mocking him, the man is like Jesus to me.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 00:48   #7
Assassin
PA Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
Stop mocking him, the man is like Jesus to me.
I love you too

p3nguin Founder
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 00:51   #8
stay_posi
optimist

stay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to beholdstay_posi is a splendid one to behold

i dont really see any drastic benefits from this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Your attempts to be e-cool have been noted and laughed off as terrible.
stay_posi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 01:02   #9
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

The drastic benefit will come later in round where there can be gained huge xp amounts from relativily small roid caps.

I suggest keeping it there Banned!
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 01:02   #10
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

Assassin smells.
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 02:44   #11
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road

If it gives accurate information it's a good addition, can't see why anyone wouldn't want it there...

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 14:05   #12
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

I could imagine many of the defbots will prefer to have it AFTER the call itself.

Not really sure what's best.
It is however a very good feature and i think you should keep it.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 17:30   #13
Gabriel
Gabba gabba hey hey

Gabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura aboutGabriel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Remind me.. who are you?
I'm me , you're you and he's him.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 19:07   #14
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

I think its a good addition to the bot

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 20:27   #15
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

It's staying then, thanks for the feedback everyone.

SteInMetz: Munin relays what people say after call as well, so it would look like the person is adding the bit about the xp (for us anyway), so I prefer having it earlier.
Unread 6 Nov 2008, 21:41   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well this thread is all round better for my ego. I think for people running defences its a great feature and has the potential (if used properly) to make defending far more efficient if you are good at maximising the effectiveness of available fleets.
Unread 7 Nov 2008, 00:15   #17
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

who complained about it jester?
Unread 7 Nov 2008, 10:39   #18
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Probably some coder who auto-parses the messages
Unread 9 Nov 2008, 10:06   #19
harv
C200 SK launcher

harv is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
I figured I might as well add this to all relays, but someone's complained that this is 'broken'. [SNIP]

An example report looks like this:

19:49:32 <@Munin> jesterina reports: (xp: 14) 1:1:1 2:2:2 pateam are doodooheads Ter 1 Attack 10 P Reported
The problem is that the parenthesis isn't closed for some reason, and we end up with reports like:

19:49:32 <@Munin> jesterina reports: (xp: 141:1:1 2:2:2 pateam are doodooheads Ter 1 Attack 10 P Reported
harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2008, 18:48   #20
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv View Post
The problem is that the parenthesis isn't closed for some reason, and we end up with reports like:

19:49:32 <@Munin> jesterina reports: (xp: 141:1:1 2:2:2 pateam are doodooheads Ter 1 Attack 10 P Reported
Ah yes, someone pointed this out to me last night and it's fixed now My apologies for not catching it earlier.