User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 24 Apr 2008, 17:39   #51
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts
Re: 1up Vs eXilition

eXi

too many reasons to name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
Unread 24 Apr 2008, 22:59   #52
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMilliaN
eXi

too many reasons to name.
1up, Max being the reason to name :-P
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 09:56   #53
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

1up. Cause we were hardcore and I must defend Zhil's honor.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 10:10   #54
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

eXi cause I knew most there, and 1up people hated me

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 10:13   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster
eXi cause I knew most there, and 1up people hated me
Your reasoning is flawless once more.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 11:05   #56
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Your reasoning is flawless once more.
if u actually read up, I m just following others stupid reasons for why one is better than the other.

sigh.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 11:25   #57
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
if u actually read up, I m just following others stupid reasons for why one is better than the other.

sigh.
If others jump off the bridge, do you do it too?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 11:46   #58
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

i do. i hope it makes me look cool.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 11:57   #59
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
If others jump off the bridge, do you do it too?
on a nice summer day, I would! Nothing beats a nice swim.

why?

Quote:
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 15:47   #60
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

why?
Just because others are being shit doesn't mean you have to lower yourself to it too.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 17:02   #61
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
VS without a doubt.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 18:23   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:

why?
Who said anything about water?
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 18:25   #63
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 21:34   #64
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

eX, by a million light years! For being the only alliance besides Fury I got kicked before playing a tick due a twat hc :P

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Šragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 21:58   #65
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The only common factor in all your failed relationships is you.
Unread 25 Apr 2008, 22:00   #66
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

That's why i barely never touched externals ;p

I still got u tho mz <3

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Šragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
Unread 26 Apr 2008, 16:56   #67
Inforza
Holland is GVD het HARDST

Inforza is an unknown quantity at this point

eXilition ofc always been there always won there..

WP SiN eXilition 1up CT SubH Ascendancy Apprime
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 18:59   #68
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
which was better legion/fury.
Fury.

Quote:
Which was better exi/1up.
1Up.
[Spore] HC
Former Public Relations Officer of QQ
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 19:39   #69
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

KG you sexy bitch

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 19:46   #70
KillGhost
1Up

KillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really niceKillGhost is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
KG you sexy bitch
hi \o/. I decided to lurk around the corner a bit
[Spore] HC
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 19:51   #71
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

kewl. was wondering where you've been hiding lately.

Utterly useless since r3
Unread 27 Apr 2008, 20:52   #72
KillGhost
1Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
kewl. was wondering where you've been hiding lately.
The wonderfull world of warcraft
[Spore] HC
Unread 3 May 2008, 22:06   #73
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I believe at their peak 1up was a better alliance than eXilition. I believe 1up hit its peak in round 12 when they just completely dominated with no more than 69 players and won back to back rounds.

But, eXilition were consistent. They won every round they played, where as 1up didn't and were just as clever and dominating.

1up were a fantastic alliance though and by the time eXi joined the game 1up was going for its third round win in a row. When you put it like that, not many alliances could do such a thing due to being hated that much. Not only that 1up players played at such a level that round after round, it was simply too difficult to keep up.

Take away the results of both the alliances and I believe that where 1up was superior to eXilition was its leadership and politics.

The leaders of 1up were inspiring, and although their roles changed round to round the same level of inspiration and leadership was kept round to round. Alliances and players were scared of 1up, much like alliances and players were scared of Fury back in the day.

I don't think eXilition quite had that fear, but then again they did all their talking on the battlefield and stayed off the forums. Whilst I respect that, I do believe that it was almost against the game of planetarion. Planetarion for me has always been the game, politics and the forums. All interlinked, all working as one to make the game interesting.

1up loved the forums and I can imagine that if eXilition ever decided to dance on the forums as well as the battlefield, then the outcome of rounds may have been different.

When 1up posters post, whilst they appear cocky, annoying, yes slightly arrogant, compared to eXilition posters, 1up seem a whole level better. Which adds to their reputation and "fear factor".

In conclusion, of course I will say 1up. But eXilition are a bloody good alliance and I doubt you will ever see two better alliances in the "PAX" era.
Unread 4 May 2008, 06:42   #74
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

1up at their RD11-12 days. RD13 and on 1up had a lot of noobs and people that didn't really care for the game anymore. Exilition wasn't so much better than everyone else, they just came in and were active when other people were pre-launching. That kifux guy is a nice bloke, but when he played hardcore, there was only like a 2 hr window that you could attack him, all the other times he was online. That is why they took breaks between rounds. When they played serious, they didn't sleep.

I wouldn't call that good, just more active.
Unread 4 May 2008, 09:13   #75
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
1up at their RD11-12 days. RD13 and on 1up had a lot of noobs and people that didn't really care for the game anymore. Exilition wasn't so much better than everyone else, they just came in and were active when other people were pre-launching. That kifux guy is a nice bloke, but when he played hardcore, there was only like a 2 hr window that you could attack him, all the other times he was online. That is why they took breaks between rounds. When they played serious, they didn't sleep.

I wouldn't call that good, just more active.

I think thats why Ascendancy constantly do well... constant activity... not good/skillful players, just constant activity like eX.....

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
Unread 4 May 2008, 11:07   #76
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
I think thats why Ascendancy constantly do well... constant activity... not good/skillful players, just constant activity like eX.....
They are composed of the best players left playing this game (that don't cheat), and to be frank, most other players are quite garbage, or far too inactive.
Unread 4 May 2008, 12:08   #77
furssie
Spastic Drivel!

furssie can only hope to improve

1up ( though the topic is debatable ).

I really think r13 eXi (though impressive) is not as dominant, i vaguely remember there's a slim chance one week before round end that Angels have a chance to win, then more than 1st half of the round - Wolfpack is leading. Plus NoS finishing 3rd says it all about the quality of the playerbase (NoS is decent by the way).

However R11 and R12 1up is just ridiculously dominant from the get-go. Their HC/BC/DC lineup (at their peak, hi chika/TheRat/Stals, etc) and players just don't know what sleep is.

Even if the 2 alliances is equal. 1up (Sid) revolutionizing planetarion's tactical and political atmosphere - should be a plus. Playing solo (even up to the midst of collapsing mid-r12, Sid refuses to ask help and have a foresight that the climate will swing at some point, which is not possible pre-pax) and planet naps though not new, the implementation is something fresh. Maybe also the first major alliance to completely scrap private irc server, as netgamers is enough. etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA

Please tell me you're joking. Anyone that have a clue knows how unbelievably inactive the average playing time of Asc.

Last edited by furssie; 4 May 2008 at 12:15.
Unread 4 May 2008, 12:59   #78
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
I really think r13 eXi (though impressive) is not as dominant, i vaguely remember there's a slim chance one week before round end that Angels have a chance to win, then more than 1st half of the round - Wolfpack is leading. Plus NoS finishing 3rd says it all about the quality of the playerbase (NoS is decent by the way).
Can't agree there. eXil and 1up spent most of the round kicking the shit out of each other while neutral alliances such as Wolfpack, NoS and Angels sat on roids and accumulated value.
Unread 4 May 2008, 13:09   #79
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

1up dominated rounds 11 and 12 due to lack of strong opposition; in round 13 eXi had strong opposition in the form of 1up. Angels had a "chance" to win as they avoided all the wars after they joined the big one for one day and lost 25% that night. Wolfpack's lead was like Phraktos/whoever else was ahead of R12 1up as eXi had a lower membercount and managed to catch up.
Unread 4 May 2008, 13:48   #80
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You mean LCH I think, Phraktos were the joke of Round 10.5.
Unread 4 May 2008, 20:09   #81
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Can't agree there. eXil and 1up spent most of the round kicking the shit out of each other while neutral alliances such as Wolfpack, NoS and Angels sat on roids and accumulated value.
Afaik NoS werent neutral for the first half of the round, and for the second half of the round they actively targetted allies bigger than themself. I should know.
Unread 5 May 2008, 09:10   #82
helGn
The viking

helGn is an unknown quantity at this point

eXi had alot less members than any other alliance r13 so that they didnt lead all the way is kinda obv. but they had #1 avg score by far all round. was also fun that so few knew who the hell these eXilition were when we tagged up for the first time
Unread 5 May 2008, 09:58   #83
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenViking
Afaik NoS werent neutral for the first half of the round, and for the second half of the round they actively targetted allies bigger than themself. I should know.
You joined 1up's block for a bit, then decided to NAP the other block too and leave yourselves ont he fence. Who did you actively target? HR who finished at the bottom end of the top10?
Unread 5 May 2008, 11:12   #84
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by furssie
Plus NoS finishing 3rd says it all about the quality of the playerbase (NoS is decent by the way).
*Was

The quality in the member base that round was much higher than for many, many rounds. Many people came back to play a final round and we recruited some qualities from other alliances. Not good enough to win, but could have gone for 2nd hadn't Dingo decided to piss off some colleagues in other alliances two weeks before round ended

+ we had such a kickass guy setting up the attacks
Unread 5 May 2008, 11:35   #85
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
could have gone for 2nd
Hey guys, we're the first losers!!!
Unread 5 May 2008, 11:46   #86
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

attacking nos on the last day of r13 was the best idea i ever had, knocked a few planets out of the top100 iirc!
Unread 7 May 2008, 06:23   #87
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

I honestly think Ascendancy is the better alliance of these two. That, or Team Canada.
Unread 7 May 2008, 10:39   #88
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
ToF, was it? Yeah, I guess you were
Unread 7 May 2008, 13:33   #89
Kenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I like winning, and prefer to be in a winning alliance. But suggesting and alliance with slim chance of winning should give up because they can't get first is a bit shortsighted.

That's why I enjoyed being in 1up - even when they weren't winning they were still playing. That's what puts them above eXi for me - the willingness to carry on even when victory wasn't certain or even likely.

Unread 7 May 2008, 15:03   #90
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
I like winning, and prefer to be in a winning alliance. But suggesting and alliance with slim chance of winning should give up because they can't get first is a bit shortsighted.

That's why I enjoyed being in 1up - even when they weren't winning they were still playing. That's what puts them above eXi for me - the willingness to carry on even when victory wasn't certain or even likely.
And eXi wouldn't do that? ....

eXi > 1up.. by a country mile.
Until you actually manage to beat someone, ur not better than them. No way, no how.
Also to those that whine about 1up being "better at their peak", thats just irrelevant. For example in soccer/footie: Noone whines about who was best in 2002, when Italy won the world cup in 2006..
"But Brazil would of won it if they had the same team as they had in 2002" = Kill urself wanker :\
Unread 7 May 2008, 15:35   #91
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:

eXi > 1up.. by a country mile.
Until you actually manage to beat someone, ur not better than them. No way, no how.
Also to those that whine about 1up being "better at their peak", thats just irrelevant. For example in soccer/footie: Noone whines about who was best in 2002, when Italy won the world cup in 2006..
"But Brazil would of won it if they had the same team as they had in 2002" = Kill urself wanker :\
By that logic, you can't say eXi is best, because they didn't actually win last round.
Unread 7 May 2008, 15:39   #92
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Nope. They didn't bother showing up for rounds they didn't think they could win.

Edit: without commenting on the whole 'which is better' discussion.
Unread 7 May 2008, 15:46   #93
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
That's not what I was suggesting. I was suggesting that coming 3rd whilst being on the fence like they were wasn't anything to be proud of. Even if they had gotten 2nd it wouldn't have meant anything. The second best alliance that round was either 1up or ToT who wre 6th and 11th respectively.
#1 is the only rank which shows how "good" an alliance is unless direct conflict is avoided.

Edit: Nadar; I was in Sin that round, we were the smallest alliance that fought in the war. We finished the round in a shared tag with ND in 5th place, being overtaken by LCH in the last few ticks because our members were leaving the tag for various reasons (some made the "sin" tag seperately for havoc). Because they knew that there was no difference between 4th and 5th, we lost the war and the round. The only alliances that "won" that round were the ones on the winning block (LCH, eXi and ToT), and the real winners were eXi who were the main source of power in the block.

Last edited by _Kila_; 7 May 2008 at 15:56.
Unread 7 May 2008, 15:48   #94
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
By that logic, you can't say eXi is best, because they didn't actually win last round.
I was comparing eX to 1up. Neither of them played last round. So who cares who won last round? That's not relevant at all tbh.
Unread 7 May 2008, 15:50   #95
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Nope. They didn't bother showing up for rounds they didn't think they could win.

Edit: without commenting on the whole 'which is better' discussion.
I don't know what the reasoning for not showing up was, so you may be correct.
Unread 7 May 2008, 16:19   #96
Kenny

Quote:
I don't know what the reasoning for not showing up was, so you may be correct.
The argument that was made earlier was that eXi played so hard they would have been too exhausted to play consecutive rounds when 1up was playing - as they didn't have the energy to beat an alliance as good as 1up twice in a row, who were by that point used to playing round in/round out.

1up were the better alliance because their contribution was consistent. eXi played hard for one round, then took the next off.

That said, I think their last two rounds were back to back victories, but by that point Sid had retired and the only real opposition were Conspiracy Theory, who sat out eXi's second round. The only alliance that came close to eXi in terms of skill that round was VS - and they allied eXi so that they could play with a smaller memberbase without being pounded on by the best alliance out there. The idea was to finish with highest average score, but after a couple of unannounced disappearances from key personnell the alliance gave up and eventually faded out of any kind of contention.

So yeah, an easy second victory for eXi - so no real credit there.

Unread 8 May 2008, 01:40   #97
snoops^
p1mp

snoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura aboutsnoops^ has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillGhost
Quote:
which was better legion/fury.
Fury.

Quote:
Which was better exi/1up.
1Up.
QFT

ReBorn-Fury-Wolfpack-1up-Newdawn-DLR-NFI-Apprime-

*CEO of the Forest fan club
Unread 8 May 2008, 07:56   #98
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you really want to credit 1up then? Caus tbh, their victorys over LCH were easy too.
I personally thank eXi for appearing when they did, all 1up rounds before eXi were simply terribly ****ing boring... They had no real opposition in the universe & could just do whatever they wanted.
I still feel sorry for those poor LCH people :crymeariver:

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 9 May 2008, 14:30   #99
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Quote:
The argument that was made earlier was that eXi played so hard they would have been too exhausted to play consecutive rounds when 1up was playing - as they didn't have the energy to beat an alliance as good as 1up twice in a row, who were by that point used to playing round in/round out.

Some interesting points here. But i leave you this to consider.

When did 1up defeat an alliance as strong as eXilition twice in a row? As a matter of fact when did they ever beat an alliance as strong as eXilition. Is it better to constantly maintain a lower level then to have bursts of brilliance?

If anything doesn't this show that eXilition was better in planning and organising when they would win? If so then isnt this exact point the difference between the otherwise comparable 1up and eXilition?

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Unread 9 May 2008, 17:07   #100
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That said, I think their last two rounds were back to back victories, but by that point Sid had retired and the only real opposition were Conspiracy Theory, who sat out eXi's second round. The only alliance that came close to eXi in terms of skill that round was VS - and they allied eXi so that they could play with a smaller memberbase without being pounded on by the best alliance out there. The idea was to finish with highest average score, but after a couple of unannounced disappearances from key personnell the alliance gave up and eventually faded out of any kind of contention.
If by 'skill' you mean napping the #1 alliance and coasting through the round, then yea VS had quite alot of it. Not to knock on VS players though, just that a few other allies in their position could have done just as well roiding/sitting on roids.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
Closed Thread