User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 9 Jun 2006, 09:36   #1
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
So, Who were we all then? (R17)

The traditional thread where you can post your planet-name, co-ords and/or fleet, and have the opportunity to tell us of your highs and lows for the round.

I know the round hasnt actually finished yet, however most people know where i live anyway, and thus at tick 1331:

You are: Sovereign of Dark Aurora (1:1:13)
Size:518 (Rank: 557)
Value:1,022,257 (Rank: 690)
Score:1,445,657 (Rank: 818)
XP:8,468 (Rank: 902)

Total Round Roids; 722 (Rank: 1662)
Total Lost Roids; 204 (Rank: 2065)

I was in 1:1 again this round. First time i have been a Zik since R7, and i had a generally much better experience with them than that horrid experiment. Having said that, due to me being really stupid, i forgot to recall my attacking Cruisers (namely Rogues) even after calcing battles and realising that they would all die on about four occasions. Once, i suicided my fleet on a topish planet and got a huge number of roids and XP but lost about 95% of my ships \o/.

Most built ship was Rogue.

Feel free to continue the tradition .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 12:02   #2
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So, Who were we all then? (R17)

You are: Be Creative of Invent A Perversion (16:9:10)
Size: 1,685 #87
Value: 3,542,041 #86
Score: 4,246,191 #99
XP: 14,083 #497

Total Round Roids: 2,911 #344
Total Lost Roids: 1,226 #901

I was Xan, pretty much enjoyed the round, although I haven't been too active. I was lucky to have a great bp/randoms so I was able to keep my roids
Still 1 attack which *might* land
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 12:52   #3
Caj
speed demon

Caj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really niceCaj is just really nice

You are: B0MFuNk MoC (16:9:8) (Clear)
Size: 6,083 5
Value: 11,063,057 1
Score: 12,102,207 1
XP: 20,783 243

Total Round Roids: 10,812
Total Lost Roids: 5,247

Ships (63,538 total)
Harpy 151 Mandrake 250
Chimera 339 Pegasus 77
Barghest 65 Wyvern 142
Dragon 23 Cerberus 29
Leviathan 18 Spider 34
Beetle 112 Scarab 1,340
Recluse 1,405 Black Widow 2,542
Scorpion 658 Tarantula 395
Roach 338 Mantis 335
Mosquito 264 Hornet 140
Illusion 259 Banshee 1
Shadow 1,301 Ghost 2,585
Revenant 106 Wraith 83
Spectre 118 Vampyre 454
Corsair 15,103 Thief 13,162
Assassin 2,452 Clipper 1,301
Brigand 233 Buccaneer 3,236
Rogue 6,879 Marauder 5,318
Pirate 863 Privateer 677
Ironclad 721 Galleon 29

top round 4 me, i put it down to a very good galaxy with mint players random/bp n omen, thx
ship of the round? pirates rogues methinks my pirates were sooo useful
Round 20 - Rank 7 - Destiny (Zik)
Round 24 - Rank 2 - Conspiracy (Xan)
Round 28 - Rank 4 - Ascendancy (Xan)
Round 66 - Rank 9 - Ultores (Etd)
Round 83 - Rank 10 - #METOO (Zik)
Round 85 - Rank 3 - QQ (Etd)
Round 89 - Rank 2 - VGN (Zik)
Round 91 - Rank 9 - VGN (Zik)

Last edited by Caj; 9 Jun 2006 at 17:05.
Caj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 13:07   #4
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

You are: wtfbbq (16:9:2) (Clear)
Size: 559 490
Value: 1,630,238 347
Score: 2,275,538 407
XP: 12,906 567

Total Round Roids: 1,581
Total Lost Roids: 1,022

Most built ship was Mandrake.

I signed up as a freebie and had no intention to bother, but after shuffle i checked the omen arby and noticed i landed with Caj/SilverAce. So i was upgraded and sticked with the gal

I wasn't really active but helped galaxy and alliance as much as i could

PS: Also enjoyed the DE bangbus missions with Keiz/Cmd_Carl/robban/Cain
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 13:31   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You are: Wages (8:1:6) (Clear)
Size: 2,739 41
Value: 4,524,510 52
Score: 5,643,060 49
XP: 22,371 188

Started off alright, picked cath as my bp needed one (We only just got another active cath with a decent scorp or mantis count in the last week or so!), but I'd never play cath again. The frustration of not being able to do damage to your incomings and then the heavy level of incs I got (I had 2 weeks at least of no incs, plus 5 days spent in vacmode, so though I only got 153 hostile incs, they were quite intense...) was annoying.

My fleet was built around a frigate attack fleet of recluse and a CR attack fleet of tarant:roach in 1:3 ratio. It worked pretty well, but ghosts became abundant near the end. In the last week, evry single attack I launched (several each day/night) was defended, often massively over defended. The only time I got roids was when i swallowed 380 mantis def. :/

Ships of the round for me were scorp, roach & mantis.

And I'm about to drop down the ranks as a terran is going to land his DE on me, for a best possible case of a 160k score drop when all XP and roid value gain is taken into account. And going to drop a little bit earlier when a zik is going to land and take a score drop of about 1 mil after all XP and roid gain is taken into account. :/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 13:49   #6
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

PT1335

You are: Slevin (7:5:10) (Clear)
Size: 3,210 32
Value: 4,571,027 51
Score: 5,713,977 44
XP: 22,859 179

Total Round Roids: 5,589
Total Lost Roids: 2,379

Phantom 70,000 Illusion 33,000
Banshee 40,000 Mirage 1,000
Shadow 3,000 Ghost 15,000
Revenant 500 Wraith 1,300
Spectre 500 Ghoul 10,000
Vampyre 1000

Had no FI at all until about 1-2 days before 1up tagged and was aiming to build about 500 banshee a day, when I could, to try and "keep up" with the average recluse of most cathaars. This meant it was only the top ranked caths who could hit me, for the most part.

Started on a FI fleet just before we tagged, for the simple reason it was the best way to hit all the fat caths, and I knew we would almost certainly move to planet targeting Omen after tagging and Omen had a lot of fat caths. Was a group of 1up xans with ~100k FI each and just teaming/waving any allowed fat cats as they came along, sometimes through pnap violation retals

"Best attack" of the round was when 10:9:7 landed on a 1up member with his FR, so about 5-6 of us faked a CO fleetcatch on his FR but we actually sent FI Was nice saying as he got about 16-20 alliance defence fleets and spent 1/2 to 3/4 of his stockpile on more recluse

edit: attacker just pulled so I wont lose any

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea

Last edited by Stifler; 9 Jun 2006 at 13:59.
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 15:35   #7
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Theatre of Tragedy (9:5:6) Ter
Value: 2,883,357 130
Score: 5,752,857 42
XP: 57,390 1
Total Round Roids: 7,830
Total Lost Roids: 7,289

I suppose the roids lost speaks for my round. 237 incoming hostile fleets in total towards my planet (yeah, I counted).
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 18:11   #8
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

As predicted, I've managed to lose a bunch of ranks, 4 attackers have landed on me, for a combined loss of 400k score despite spending their last day resources. :/

On the plus side, my gloriously sacrificed beetles allowed my galmate to steal 400k value in FI \o/
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 18:28   #9
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

no problemo gate
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 18:34   #10
Dotatrix

Dotatrix has a spectacular aura aboutDotatrix has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stifler
"Best attack" of the round was when 10:9:7 landed on a 1up member with his FR, so about 5-6 of us faked a CO fleetcatch on his FR but we actually sent FI Was nice saying as he got about 16-20 alliance defence fleets and spent 1/2 to 3/4 of his stockpile on more recluse
shut up!
http://game.planetarion.com/show_news.pl?id=11340

I was almost going to spend rest of my resources on beetles but I didn't because i was afraid of other waves
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
R 18 [eXilition] Semi-retired half round
Dotatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 19:09   #11
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotatrix
shut up!

I was almost going to spend rest of my resources on beetles but I didn't because i was afraid of other waves
would have been better if tpb hadnt sent banshee cos he didnt have enough fi

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 19:11   #12
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
shut up!

I was the sole zik attacker there - only one to walk away with a value profit AND roids. We knew you hadn't bought any beetles when we saw ratio of c:m/e you spent was 1.44 - which equals 100% recluse (beetles being 1.36 from memory).
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 19:44   #13
Dotatrix

A normal person can't know things like that
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 20:09   #14
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
I was the sole zik attacker there - only one to walk away with a value profit AND roids. We knew you hadn't bought any beetles when we saw ratio of c:m/e you spent was 1.44 - which equals 100% recluse (beetles being 1.36 from memory).
fiddle with the fund might tune it down to 1.36
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 20:09   #15
Tearz
Peter Pwn

Tearz will become famous soon enoughTearz will become famous soon enough

You are: Greatest Hits (7:2:8) (Clear)
Size: 6,742 2
Value: 11,879,639 1
Score: 12,740,889 1
XP: 17,225 376

Ships (121,433 total)
Spider 17,000 Beetle 64,617
Scarab 5,000 Recluse 21,666
Black Widow 2,500 Scorpion 1,750
Tarantula 4,500 Roach 3,000
Mosquito 1,000 Hornet 400

I had an enjoyable round, but could never have ranked so highly without a great BP to look after me.

Didn't even get siege weapons until 2/3 through the round - and wouldn't have bothered at all had there been less anti FR about., I invested heavily in CR towards the back end of the round. My super recluse + beetles were just from spending my stockpile.
Tearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 20:15   #16
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
fiddle with the fund might tune it down to 1.36
Yeah, but point is it was 1.44 NOT 1.36.

1. He only spent SOME of his res so didn't need to trade with fund,
2. Trading with fund would reduce the ratio, not increase it.

When I was shown the provisional calc of def, my first question was "what ratio of c:m/e was his spend". Soon as we saw that was 1.44 we knew he'd only bought recluse and could land safely. All trading options would lower it below 1.44.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 20:15   #17
robban1

You are: eater (9:5:7) (Clear)
Size: 1,023 179
Value: 1,164,098 591
Score: 4,107,498 110
XP: 58,868 1

what can i say the round didnt go as planned for me but i had fun in my own way with nice galm8s and all

i was a de whore well more and more atleast, as other stuff kinda died
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 21:13   #18
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Code:
You are: At The Mercy (2:2:9)    (Clear)	
Size:	60	2930 	
Value:	1,259,368	533 	
Score:	1,790,068	634 	
XP:	10,614	735
I was doing fairly well until about mid-round, when 1up came steaming through my place and took just about all my 1k rocks. I'd managed to hold them for a whole 3 days, which by Ascendancy standards, for a cath, is pretty amazing (mostly due to my attackers being spectacularly shit).

I tried to keep going, but it didn't take long after that for me to realize that without the roids to get the res to build a stack, I was a sitting duck. I couldn't go above 300 roids without getting streams of incoming. I took a few days out, and logged in one afternoon to see I'd lost my entire fleet bar 4k spiders to a bunch of ziks no more than 20 minutes earlier. Oops. No salvage either.

I spent a bunch of money embezzled from the alliance fund to make sure I ended ahead of jerome. So now I have 10k scarabs. Big whoop.

Stuff that rocked this round:
  • Playing the awesome Cath early round. It was fun to be unstoppable. Even with Mandrakes and Scorpions abounding, few* targets I picked could build their way to even touch my fleet.
  • My buddypack (except figar, thankfully he self-exiled out of the galaxy.)
  • Some of our randoms were pretty cool too, though by the time we got decent ones I was well on my way to busyville and inactivity.

Stuff that sucked this round:
  • Exiling. If there's no reason to never, ever be GC again, it's the amount of exiles that need to be done. Hassling my ministers to 'go vote!' constantly sucked. I stopped initiating votes around pt800 or when I went inactive, but despite that our gal still ended 4th on exiles according to sandmans.
  • Cath after falling behind the curve. Once I was unable to build up a stack to buy my way out of incoming, there was little point in getting roids.
  • The bash limit. Thanks to my early XP, I was able to get very serious incoming despite having 0 ships. That sucked. Not only did that suck, but since my first landings were high XP, it was almost impossible to find targets for even 1xp per roid.

* And those that did were generally ****ups on my part :\
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 21:46   #19
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

I started a zik planet 3 weeks ago and stole ships from inactive people.

You are: Insane Possessor (12:10:17)
Size: 812 [282]
Value: 1,309,311 [504]
Score: 1,541,311 [760]
XP: 4,640 [1348]
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 21:47   #20
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
[*]Exiling. If there's no reason to never, ever be GC again, it's the amount of exiles that need to be done. Hassling my ministers to 'go vote!' constantly sucked. I stopped initiating votes around pt800 or when I went inactive, but despite that our gal still ended 4th on exiles according to sandmans.
Funny that they took away mining bonuses for GC's and ministers and then gave them more work than ever before.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 21:52   #21
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Funny that they took away mining bonuses for GC's and ministers and then gave them more work than ever before.
Hilarious.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 22:17   #22
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

You are: Guess Who (7:9:3) (Clear)
Size: 1,661 84
Value: 3,032,085 120
Score: 4,471,385 89
XP: 28,786 72

Didnt play the last week due to exam celebrations and fell 60th to 110th, but a big landing on the last day secured a t100 finish !
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 22:32   #23
Dotatrix

You are: The Conspiracy (10:9:7) (Clear)
Size: 5,584 (rank 8)
Value: 8,649,996 (rank 10)
Score: 9,482,046 (rank 11)
XP: 16,641 (rank 409)

Ships (181,733 total)
Spider 117,911 Beetle 47,615
Scarab 1,983 Recluse 8,089
Black Widow 745 Scorpion 1,009
Tarantula 1,983 Roach 1,028
Mantis 294 Mosquito 792
Hornet 284

Total Round Roids: 8,397
Total Lost Roids: 2,813

Was the best round ever for me, took some risks to get higher ranking and some paid off and some didn't. Attacked some 1up planets by accident since the other targets in alliance raids were too small and by that got roided to about 2k roids. But then my attacks started to land with high percentage and i managed to get about 3,5k roids in aprox 8 days.

Also was in 10:9 which was the best gal I've ever been in. Best people and who could forget XelNub . Too bad 7:1 managed to get some big incs on us and there was like nobody around to report/make gal forum threads so it was pretty much ****ed up. But anyway it was a lot of fun.

PS. damn, planet rank 11 and gal rank 2

EDIT: added ships
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]

Last edited by Dotatrix; 10 Jun 2006 at 14:16.
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 22:43   #24
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

You are: The Death and Return (14:3:6) (Clear)
Size: 6,695 3
Value: 8,206,259 11
Score: 9,714,909 9
XP: 30,173 57

Best round I've had, roided like crazy towards the end of round with a very big cath, Satyr, since we had stopped being able to get thru on our targs seperately. Probably pissed off a bunch of people along the way, like Dota and #8 in his gal when they broke their pnaps . And used to send at least like 3x a day on Keizari until he got too small and then I stopped building shadows and he was too hard.

Ships (248,367 total)
Phantom 70,004 Illusion 40,000
Banshee 90,563 Mirage 1,000
Shadow 10,000 Ghost 20,000
Revenant 1,000 Wraith 1,800
Spectre 2,000 Ghoul 10,000
Vampyre 2,000

Played most of the round with 25k banshees, built the rest with saved res because i fakespent and forgot to cancel
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 22:43   #25
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

You are: The President (16:8:11) (Clear)
Size: 1,719 79
Value: 5,337,682 39
Score: 6,027,682 42
XP: 13,800 535

Pretty relaxing round, just deffed\attacked every night the rest i just saved res and prodded agains incs.

Think i had around 4 days of serious incs where i lost 80% of my roids and stole loads of ships. Exiled a couple of times and landed in a gal with some old mates

Best ship= Buccaneer Managed to steal atleast one decent CR fleetcatch and nearly a couple of more

Thought i was gonna beat my last round rank of 39 but seem i got too lazy attackwise lately :\
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 22:48   #26
Dotatrix

I never broke the pnap and #8 never took it. I just attacked a lot of 1up people by accident and landed on them when they got no def (except for stifler though, but Arfy did a wonderful job making it look like it was something which it wasn't)
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 9 Jun 2006, 22:52   #27
Robsch

Robsch is on a distinguished road

James T Kirk of the Enterprise (6:10:10) Cat

Size: 522 (580)
Value: 1,158,954 (588)
Score: 1,918,754 (568)
XP: 15,196 (463)
Total Round Roids: 2,901 (366)
Total Lost Roids: 2,379 (309)

I started off well, being top 100 for about 200 ticks, although I soon found out that my alliance BoS was strong in attack but weak in defence what made me dropping down the ranks. So together with some other people I tried to get better organised defence, so I became engaged as scanner and dc in BoS. But that really helped only in the short term, because it became clear, BoS had fierce enemies, especially Insomnia, and the better we got at defence the more organised and targeted the attacks on us became, what eventually lead to the break up of BoS. I was kicked by a leaving HC who wanted to create turmoil under the rest of what remained from BoS, and didnt bother to rejoin them later.

Later on I went in two directions: my "silly idea" (as a mate told me from the beginning) of building up an alliance for people from low-score galaxys to prevent bashing - in the end that ally never really came to live cause a lot of peeps seemed interested but when it came upon joining the ally and get it going only a hand full people showed up, so we organised some attacks that were also partly successful, but after all I closed the alliance again:well at least 1 of our mates got an offer from a decent ally to join them - cheers Talberg. The other efforts I put into strenghtening our gal-defence by having an in-gal-defence list on the forum where people got points for defending gal-mates and were asked to have defence priority on people with high point-count and I think this strenghtened gal-defence during the time, so that was fine. Still against some attacks with 6 waves we were quite helpless - sometimes they picked on of us and gave him 10 or more waves while having the others busy with 2-3 waves at them...

So after all it wasnt very successful but still it was fun.

my main ships: frigates at first, then focusing on roach and mantis - but I had quite a lot of everything.

tbh. I just want to take the opportunity to say bye to PA - after all too much time I spent on it...
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Robsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 08:21   #28
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

You are: The Wrath (3:4:10) (Clear)
Size: 251 1405
Value: 930,006 764
Score: 1,415,556 838
XP: 9,711 823

I went cathaar to get jgps early, I didn't miss a research tick for the first while and I'd imagine I was one of the first in the universe to get them. I got up to 119 amps at the end of the round I think but being a scanner is seriously dull and I don't think I could ever face it again. I got some resources from the alliance fund at the start of the round but unfortunately I overtook the alliance average value and couldn't get anymore after I got res-hacking covert ops and stole millions off 1up planets with their giant stacks. I used it to build the largest fleet of scorpions in the universe, I had 800 for literally ages, which was when I first got it 2.5% of the scorpions in the universe. I built some mantis and beetles as well for defence ingal. Idler didn't finish t100 because I don't think he sent an attack for the last ten days of the round and cf only finished 68th so weak round. Never ever ever ever scanning again.

Incidentally ascendancy perfected our tag management skills and soared to first place again. Unfortunately jester was looking at the rankings upside down
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 10:01   #29
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

You are: Undertaker of Death Valley (4:10:11)
Size: 574 500
Value: 1,040,061 673
Score: 2,658,011 292
XP: 32,359 42

Not too bad. Started a few days late so always playing catch up. Was too cautious early in the round as I wasn't willing to take losses. As the round progressed I had little option but to land on 4k-6k Mandrakes for decent Xp.

Having said that, still very difficult to keep my roids, as ever, being Cathaar, so couldn't play a value based round. Forced to make the most of a more modest Xp formulae. But having 100 Mantis and 500 Scorpions for alliance defence were nicely effective though Which was nice for my alliance mates

P.s Had a nice time cov oping non security structured planets at the end of the round. Need to say sorry to 12:3:1, was kind of picking on you in the end, but there were times where your resources would get stacked up
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 10:09   #30
`mac^
Retired insomniac

`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold`mac^ is a splendid one to behold

You are: Dont Roid (9:3:1) (Clear)
Size: 564 510
Value: 693,644 1041
Score: 1,674,844 689
XP: 19,624 295

Total Round Roids: 1,919
Total Lost Roids: 1,355

I signed up 2 weeks ago with the sole intention of getting top 500. I think i launched about 10 attacks on massive ziks and landed them all. Being allyless i had to depend on my gal to defend me which they did, and we also made a decent rank climbing about 40 places since i joined.
Ship of the round: Barghest, simply because when the ziks saw them they all ran their CR

Ships (1,002 total)
Pegasus 342 Barghest 590
Cerberus 70

Currently - Ultores
`mac^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 11:12   #31
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
P.s Had a nice time cov oping non security structured planets at the end of the round. Need to say sorry to 12:3:1, was kind of picking on you in the end, but there were times where your resources would get stacked up
Thank you!

12:3:1 launched a bunch on me for a few days before he came with the big proper attack and took my roids. I'm glad someone made his life miserable
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 11:23   #32
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

You are: Magical Trevor (2:2:8) (Clear)
Size: 374
Value: 867,489
Score: 1,997,189
XP: 22,594

I had a very relaxing round, doubling as scanner and mostly only putting up doing retals on dudes that attacked in my galaxy or the alliance with CR, prelaunched zik's were a tasty treat.

I didnt bother to put up a defbot and only called for def if I was online.
That tend to screw me over abit but wasnt really caring for rank this round.

Deffed my gal everytime someone pm'ed me too
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 12:12   #33
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

You are: Speed (10:9:5) (Clear)
Size: 4,632 15
Value: 7,439,542 14
Score: 8,035,192 14
XP: 11,913 654

Total Round Roids: 5,621
Total Lost Roids: 989

A brilliant round for me too. Certainly one of the best, and a fantastic galaxy (heads up to Dotatrix). Being an untagged 1up for most of the round, my total lost roids were something like 289 before Wednesday nights big raid on us, which says a lot about the galaxy.

Best ship? Recluse! Most of my roids in the second half of the round came from hitting Xans without FA scans with Recluse and Mosquito faked as my CR fleet. Think I only ever landed the actual CR 2-3 times! I loved being a cathaar persicuting Xans for once.

Most frustrating things? Having pretty much no worthwhile targets in the last 1-2 weeks of the round because of all the planet and alliance NAPs 1up had, and because of my bash limit. Having a brilliant galaxy that had only one American (MobRulz you inactive git), and so we had to keep getting up to check for incs (even though they were rather rare surprisingly). Also rather frustrating to have elviz, sand and other 7:1s arrange incs on my galaxy rather than just try to hit us themselves to fight out the #1 gal wars.

Most Enjoyable thing? A 1up round without defence! how relaxed. And again, having a fantastic galaxy, #1 most of the round.
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 12:26   #34
robban1

erm the crappy xp you guys got only indicate that you got no balls and attacked ppl at bashlimit all round, kinda impressing... not
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 12:32   #35
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
erm the crappy xp you guys got only indicate that you got no balls and attacked ppl at bashlimit all round, kinda impressing... not
Are you joking? The guy finished 14th, who the hell was he going to hit for xp? elviz?
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 13:02   #36
robban1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Are you joking? The guy finished 14th, who the hell was he going to hit for xp? elviz?
long round you know
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 13:13   #37
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
long round you know
And for nearly all of it he was at the top...
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 16:51   #38
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

you are: inactive (6:3:9)

Size: 1,234 135
Value: 2,071,854 222
Score: 2,960,804 223
XP: 17,779 355

Total Round Roids: 3,058
Total Lost Roids: 1,824

Ships (136,968 total)
Phantom 98,151 Illusion 19,736
Banshee 7,000 Mirage 1,000
Shadow 1,999 Ghost 2,500
Wraith 300 Ghoul 5,982
Vampyre 300

I had a rather difficult round. I started late and took Xandarthi, because i always play em. Build lots of fighter and for the start this worked out just fine.
Got up to rank 130 some 3-4 weeks ago and was keeping my roids thru a mixture of galdefense and ally. But then Cathaar found out that it really paid off to buy a few beetles and fi defense got ridiculously easy unless you sent insane ammounts of it, also i got roided badly several times and suddenly i had to choose if i wanted to be able to hit with fi for small gains as it had tured out or build a few frigs at least. I decided to staywith fi, which paid out in the last few days but proved to give me many incs. :-(

So all in all difficult stats as a xan especially if youve got no cath in gal.
But im looking forward to next round and the new system. SiN has been a great ally so hopefully we'll have a good next round and ill be able to choose my strategy right then.
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 17:13   #39
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

You are: syn sid (11:8:9) (Clear)
Size: 843 261
Value: 1,580,350 372
Score: 2,441,600 350
XP: 17,225 382

Ships (44,580 total)
Phantom 11,732 Illusion 9,474
Banshee 10,000 Mirage 3,800
Shadow 2,100 Ghost 3,100
Revenant 700 Wraith 350
Spectre 355 Ghoul 1,669
Vampyre 1,000 Spirit 300

pretty enjoyable rd , lost a few fi fleets before jgp were out but once i had a nice fr fleet most attacks landed, did lose a fair few ships on bank holiday weekend but my own fault dissapeared fri re-appeared on mon evenin

best moment of the rd for me was organising the hits on nora/ovi

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel

Last edited by gzambo; 10 Jun 2006 at 17:18.
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 17:24   #40
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
A brilliant round for me too. Certainly one of the best, and a fantastic galaxy (heads up to Dotatrix). Being an untagged 1up for most of the round, my total lost roids were something like 289 before Wednesday nights big raid on us, which says a lot about the galaxy.
I defended the two 1ups in my gal a combined total of 33 times this round, 27 of those being before 1up tagged. It was amusing the amount incoming dropped off on them after 1up tagged and everyone planet-NAPed themselves to death. I think I saw one tick of incs on either of them from about 48 ticks after 1up tagged which wasn't Omen. The rest of you are all seriously hopeless cases.
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 17:44   #41
Dotatrix

We didn't want to take the pnap, but since everybody in 7:1 had it and we wanted to be the #1 gal there was no other choice. 1up had a massive lead when we took it and if we hadn't taken it there was no chance in hell we could have even fought for the rank 1 gal. I even attacked like 4-5 1up and for that I got very much Fi incs. We tried to cover them in gal but.. apparently people weren't so motivated. There was one person in our gal who didn't take it (hello PLVTO )

After the incs landed on me Xelnub and Alexis were crying to get the pnaps for us, but even then I didn't want them. After getting fed up with the whining I said "make the others want it and then I might also take it." And it seemed that me and PLVTO where the only ones holding back from wanting it, so I just said whatever and took it.

PS. I still managed to piss of the 1uppers by accidentaly attacking two of them when I had the pnap
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 18:20   #42
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

You are: Riding (2:3:10) (Clear)Size:3,14234 Value:5,439,33133 Score:7,669,93118 XP:44,6128
roiding 10,271
lost 7,129

Ships (34,813 total)
Harpy5,954
Mandrake15,030
Phoenix7,630
Chimera2,624
Pegasus360
Barghest1,662
Wyvern625
Dragon612
Cerberus170
Leviathan146

My approach has been (upto the last week or so) a 0 loss xp whore.
I did aim for top terran like I did in r15 Although I did better my personal best rank of 38th it did take the shine off it... Congradulations to Toot. In a split mind to go for either dists or fiance centres, I choosed the latter as my gal was taking shape but I had to make the most of my roids as much as I could without becoming "roid fat"
I had a fairly solid BP this round which I will only be making 1 change in the next round. (Sorry benneh) Also a few solid randoms, but it seemed no amount of "chop chop" got in decent randoms, decent being IRC active and def ingal when they can. (bring back private gals )

My fleet compositions were to have a good mix of attack and def ships.

fi fleet was always going to be handy for ally and galm8s alike.
Built enough nixies to keep most ziks co away receive a good amount of recluse ingal for them to make a good dent.
My chim count could have been higher as I did get a few terran incs, but I didnt mind them landing as I got salvage and found it easy to get more roids back. Always in demand from ally and gal m8s.

De fleet started off as pegs heavy attacking caths as the round progress I opted to go barg heavy and start to hit more ziks.
I didnt bother with cruisers this round as they were weak. (although I did have a few syrens for faking purposes)
My bs fleet mainly hit caths, I did use it to hit xans and luckly no xans decided to call my bluff
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 19:02   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
We didn't want to take the pnap, but since everybody in 7:1 had it and we wanted to be the #1 gal there was no other choice. 1up had a massive lead when we took it and if we hadn't taken it there was no chance in hell we could have even fought for the rank 1 gal. I even attacked like 4-5 1up and for that I got very much Fi incs. We tried to cover them in gal but.. apparently people weren't so motivated. There was one person in our gal who didn't take it (hello PLVTO )

After the incs landed on me Xelnub and Alexis were crying to get the pnaps for us, but even then I didn't want them. After getting fed up with the whining I said "make the others want it and then I might also take it." And it seemed that me and PLVTO where the only ones holding back from wanting it, so I just said whatever and took it.

PS. I still managed to piss of the 1uppers by accidentaly attacking two of them when I had the pnap
Well yeah, but the conventional thinking behind PA these days is to play for your alliance! I wasn't specifically referring to you though. More anyone in a top five alliance who took a planet-NAP and the HCs that didn't boot them and roid them for it.
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 21:09   #44
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

Quote:
Well I finished higher than him and had almost 3x as much xp, but he was higher ranked than me for majority of the round and I got a lot of xp for roiding Keizari/others when I was small and out of tag so had nothing but attack ships.

[1up] Peon
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 21:31   #45
gmufc

gmufc is just really nicegmufc is just really nicegmufc is just really nicegmufc is just really nice

You are: Akira (12:3:1) (Clear)
Size: 3,697 24
Value: 5,080,751 43
Score: 6,522,351 32
XP: 28,832 71

Total Round Roids: 7,379
Total Lost Roids: 3,682
"Top launchers": #3 (232 launches)

Ships (79,082 total)
Harpy 2,848 Mandrake 13,239
Phoenix 793 Pegasus 71
Barghest 95 Syren 37
Cerberus 77 Behemoth 1
Spider 4,201 Beetle 100
Tarantula 63 Roach 33
Hornet 21 Phantom 334
Illusion 211 Banshee 200
Shadow 55 Ghost 42
Revenant 2 Wraith 112
Ghoul 680 Vampyre 109
Corsair 19,005 Thief 20,000
Assassin 8,300 Clipper 2,200
Buccaneer 2,152 Rogue 450
Marauder 1,001 Privateer 2,500
Ironclad 150

Not one of my best rounds... Got a lot of incs and kept loosing roids early in the round so didnt grow that fast then. Just like scanners I did scan researches before all the other stuff and spent most of my resources on scans for a long time so mainly grew by stealing more shippies (built only fi/co).. Kept scanning pretty much all the terrans, caths and ziks above my bashlimit to find the best targets and newsied most of them to find inactives I could try steal shippies from.
As I went for scans very early and only attacked with FI/CO I saved a lot of time by jgp'ing targets in end of eta 7 so I could recall and resend at new target the tick after if there were def. Thats prolly why I'm #3 in most launched fleets aswell.

Gal were #1 in ranking for about two weeks early in round and prolly would have stayed there if our GC (big cath in top 10 ranking at the time) hadnt given up, suicided, and quit game (cause we got loads of incs every night etc) wich demotivated the rest of the gal..
gmufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 22:19   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
Well I finished higher than him and had almost 3x as much xp, but he was higher ranked than me for majority of the round and I got a lot of xp for roiding Keizari/others when I was small and out of tag so had nothing but attack ships.
For most of the round I had more xp than idler (this was when idler was t100) basically just from covert-ops. If you did those you probably gained a fair bit of xp off that.
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 22:41   #47
Dotatrix

Quote:
Well yeah, but the conventional thinking behind PA these days is to play for your alliance! I wasn't specifically referring to you though. More anyone in a top five alliance who took a planet-NAP and the HCs that didn't boot them and roid them for it.
Ok, I though you were somehow referring to our gal since you quoted Alexis
R 14 [VsN] ---> [xVx]
R 15-17 [xVx]
Unread 10 Jun 2006, 23:12   #48
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
It was probably to my detrement ultimately, but I always had high value, and never *really* stockpiled too much (never over 100m of each).

I actually set myself a challenge to end with less than 10k XP when I realised that all the targets i was given (we were allocated most the round), provided me with minimal XP (if any). I failed

Last edited by Furyous; 11 Jun 2006 at 00:40.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 00:50   #49
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

I was in pe with you remember? They liked sending me to the biggest targs to def leech tho

And no JBG, didn't do a single covop all round

[1up] Peon
Unread 11 Jun 2006, 01:11   #50
Furyous

Quote:
I was in pe with you remember? They liked sending me to the biggest targs to def leech tho

And no JBG, didn't do a single covop all round
ofc I remember. Most of that info was a reply to robban and the public. I just quoted you to give context