User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 May 2006, 14:31   #51
Thefoundation

Thefoundation is infamous around these partsThefoundation is infamous around these parts
Re: 1up's not-ingame members

^^dint read all the above
-------------------------
Though, what if the reason that there so low is because they dont hold on to there members roids? (well if your outside lucky number sleven youll hardly get def) What if the lucky ones now can def there self and 1up keeps there roids? that would boost there score, (But also adding those untagged) = PWND

Last edited by Thefoundation; 21 May 2006 at 18:23.
Thefoundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 15:24   #52
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to ignore the nonsensical post and try to work out what your signature means..
Unread 21 May 2006, 16:33   #53
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

As far as I can tell the only way 1up could be doing something wrong is if the smaller planets in the tag who get kicked later on are defending the bigger members (either intag or not).

When these small members get kicked they are no longer a part of the alliance (as Sid said) and as such should be considered as support planets, even retrospectively. I think this should be done simply because if it isn't it makes a complete mockery of the alliance limits. This is because the bigger 1up planets will have had effectively 70-80 members who were able to defend them, and the smaller ones of these won't be a part of the alliance. Again I think what Sid said is a major factor in this, namely that any small planets kicked at the end of a round are not part of that alliance.

The members out of tag aren't doing anything wrong imo and in general I think the up tactics are very good this round. However if the smaller planets intag (who later get kicked) are defending the bigger members regularly I think something should be done (although this would be incredibly hard to do fairly as the damage will already have been done)
Unread 21 May 2006, 16:36   #54
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Im sorry to say, but we are doing to much to protect ourselves from everyone else, that we forget to enjoy the game as we should.
Unread 21 May 2006, 19:19   #55
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
As far as I can tell the only way 1up could be doing something wrong is if the smaller planets in the tag who get kicked later on are defending the bigger members (either intag or not).

When these small members get kicked they are no longer a part of the alliance (as Sid said) and as such should be considered as support planets, even retrospectively. I think this should be done simply because if it isn't it makes a complete mockery of the alliance limits. This is because the bigger 1up planets will have had effectively 70-80 members who were able to defend them, and the smaller ones of these won't be a part of the alliance. Again I think what Sid said is a major factor in this, namely that any small planets kicked at the end of a round are not part of that alliance.

The members out of tag aren't doing anything wrong imo and in general I think the up tactics are very good this round. However if the smaller planets intag (who later get kicked) are defending the bigger members regularly I think something should be done (although this would be incredibly hard to do fairly as the damage will already have been done)

As i said on the other page. All the top alliances need to do is target 1up early enough to make them kick the inactive planets from the tag leaving them usless as they couldnt help due to the support planet rule. But it seems most seem to just want to moan about how well the tactics were played then do anything about this issue.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 20:19   #56
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

just a question to admins / MHs

If players about to be kicked donate all their res to fund - lets say they have stockpiled for ages- and then the res will be donated to others in the tag.

What will be done?

They r clearly support planets then, but closing them will be of little use as it will give the alliance a major advantage...

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 20:40   #57
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster

If players about to be kicked donate all their res to fund - lets say they have stockpiled for ages- and then the res will be donated to others in the tag.

What will be done?

They r clearly support planets then, but closing them will be of little use as it will give the alliance a major advantage...
I don't see how that classifies as support planets since they've been in the given alliance for the whole round and still where in the alliance when they donated the resources. Kicking them afterwards doesn't change that. If they choose to stockpile their resources so they can donate it to the alliance fund, then it's their decision and it doesn't break any rules. Their stockpiling makes them a shit planet you know.
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:38   #58
Paddy
ND for life

Paddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to beholdPaddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadar
I don't see how that classifies as support planets since they've been in the given alliance for the whole round and still where in the alliance when they donated the resources. Kicking them afterwards doesn't change that. If they choose to stockpile their resources so they can donate it to the alliance fund, then it's their decision and it doesn't break any rules. Their stockpiling makes them a shit planet you know.
The EULA doesn't say anything about the planet being in the alliance tag or not. If a planet donates all its res and then gets kicked that is a support planet as it is blatantly acting to aid an alliance it isn't really a (intag) member of and hurting their own planet.

As I said before I think 1up aren't doing anything wrong provided the smaller intag planets are playing almost entirely for themselves, ie not defending the bigger member. I think even joining raids should be fine as this directly helps their own planet, but defending members of an alliance you know you won't be part of by the end of the round just isn't right imho.
Unread 21 May 2006, 22:39   #59
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
When the round ends and 1up have not finished first I am going to laugh about all of you chickens which thought they'd hold a super secret weapon.
They will probably blame you
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2006, 23:09   #60
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
The EULA doesn't say anything about the planet being in the alliance tag or not. If a planet donates all its res and then gets kicked that is a support planet as it is blatantly acting to aid an alliance it isn't really a (intag) member of and hurting their own planet.
Supporting THEIR alliance is wrong now? He's intag, thus it's THEIR alliance, not some alliance they're not a member of. If they coded a fund into the game, they God damn well will have to accept members stockpiling resources to donate them to the alliance fund later on.

Wether they stay in the alliance after the resources has been donated, has no relevance whatsoever.

For the love of God, stop tweaking the damn rules. They're already bad enough as they are concerning the support-planet issue.
Unread 22 May 2006, 01:54   #61
Storebo
Adelante

Storebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to beholdStorebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

What will be done?

Just cause u'd do it doesn't mean we'd do it.

On yourself u know others =/
R4 170:17:3 [Elysium ]
R5 12:10:18 [Elysium ]
R6 25:10:3 [Elysium ]
R7 31:20:2 [Elysium ] / [Adelante ]
R8 45:2:7 [Adelante ] / [Fury ]
R9 13:7:9 [NoS ] / [Lch ]
R9.5 and R10 dunno where [Elysium ]
R11 21:1:6 [1up]
[1up]
Storebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 01:57   #62
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Ok, both sides have made their point. This is obviously an endless discussion that's gonna go on for pages and pages. Can maybe the multihunters come with their assessment of the situation, or can we get this thread shut down so wont have another fruitless discussion like the one from last round with ND/DLR
Unread 22 May 2006, 02:28   #63
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebo
Just cause u'd do it doesn't mean we'd do it.

On yourself u know others =/

And I ve done this since when?

I asked a valid question imo, but if no one abuses it, I spose all is fine.

BTW, according to assasin its legal anyway.

Its nothing wrong with adding planets to tag just to donate to fund.
I dont get the defintion of support planet - at all.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 02:59   #64
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Act instead of talking. If you've known about this for so long, you've had more than enough time to take em down.

An untagged player is easy target for a big alliance.

Tho now that they stocked 400 million res, im sure its gonna be a bit harder.

And to the def problem, just code in that a planet cant def out of tag/gal

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 06:47   #65
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

What will be done?

I've asked the multihunters about a similar scenario, apparantly there's nothing wrong with it :\

Edit: oops, shouldn't post this early, missed your second post.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 10:40   #66
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
Act instead of talking. If you've known about this for so long, you've had more than enough time to take em down.

An untagged player is easy target for a big alliance.

Tho now that they stocked 400 million res, im sure its gonna be a bit harder.

And to the def problem, just code in that a planet cant def out of tag/gal
I think they just lack someone with your BC qualities!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 13:02   #67
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

wow that's ****ing ridiculous, i'm actually laughing aloud at the sheer stupidity of it
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2006, 14:09   #68
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
wow that's ****ing ridiculous, i'm actually laughing aloud at the sheer stupidity of it
Unread 23 May 2006, 21:13   #69
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

today seems to be the day they are making there 'move' lets see what happens eh
Unread 24 May 2006, 00:26   #70
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
today seems to be the day they are making there 'move' lets see what happens eh
indeed but will it be before or after they land there attacks

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 05:48   #71
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Congrats to 1up for playing their tactic well.

And boo to all you noobs who either didn't see it coming or didn't believe it.
Hude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 06:05   #72
Cut Tooth
Renegade of Funk

Cut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to allCut Tooth is a name known to all

congratz, still sometime left though :/
presumably this has to be mainstream news not 'omg 2 penguins were killed by an eskimo last night at 2am. local police chief Iwakoa Sanjo has said that the brutal murderers will be brought to justice snow style'.
Cut Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 06:24   #73
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Good show ppl.

Everyone knew it, and noone did anything (as usual).

Let us see if any alliance will try and dare to fight them. I think 1up would rather face a war now then have an easy ride, which is plainly too boring.
Unread 24 May 2006, 06:58   #74
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hude
Congrats to 1up for playing Ascendancy's tactic well.

fixed it for u

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 07:05   #75
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Yeah, just like last round!
Unread 24 May 2006, 07:11   #76
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
Good show ppl.

Let us see if any alliance will try and dare to fight them. I think 1up would rather face a war now then have an easy ride, which is plainly too boring.
They are only 3 million ahead (although maybe there's still a few more to add), with a 2k roid gap.
Unread 24 May 2006, 08:16   #77
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Congrats to 1up for playing their tactic well.

you wanna take a good hard look at your lead HC for the people not willing to do anything

for the record Insomnia, ND, Angels , OMen had a meeting some 2 weeks ago? all were willing to move on 1up except for Keizari. he stalled on that meeting.

we then had another meeting about 5 or 6 days ago. he stalled in that 1 also. so yeah...its all OUR fault...rrrriiiiggghhhhtttt [/scarcasm]

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 24 May 2006 at 08:21.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 08:25   #78
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Hude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant futureHude has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
Quote:
Congrats to 1up for playing Ascendancy's tactic well.

fixed it for u
I wouldn't call it Ascendancy tactic eventho 1up imitated the hiding part. Difference being that most of 1up planets are not below your bash limit while Ascendancy's were.
Unread 24 May 2006, 08:34   #79
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
you wanna take a good hard look at your lead HC for the people not willing to do anything

for the record Insomnia, ND, Angels , OMen had a meeting some 2 weeks ago? all were willing to move on 1up except for Keizari. he stalled on that meeting.

we then had another meeting about 5 or 6 days ago. he stalled in that 1 also. so yeah...its all OUR fault...rrrriiiiggghhhhtttt [/scarcasm]
The first time it was discussed (and when NewDawn approached us on it) resulted in coordinated planet targetted incomings from both Insomnia and NewDawn (the parties involved) the following night after private messages were traded. An Insomnia High Command member, Mek, was supposed to arrange a meet. I suppose it died off at the point where an Insomnia High Command Member, Jonas, with Gate of NewDawn (while ReligFree had given his word NewDawn wouldn't target Omen) arranged attacks on Omen for a few nights.

The rest you know.

whine about rep again you're banned - Lok
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.

Last edited by lokken; 24 May 2006 at 09:36.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 08:37   #80
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek

I heard quite a different story from the HC level. So I suppose you can go pointing fingers with each other but the result is still the same, noone did anything. You were just too worried about everyone stabbing you in the back.

And for the record I approached HC about the 1up threat already several weeks ago, seeing 1up growing fast on average value based on our intel.

edit: and the round is still not over btw

Last edited by Hude; 24 May 2006 at 08:43.
Unread 24 May 2006, 09:07   #81
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

tbh i think its a brave move to do it now and not on the very last day of the round, the 5 alliances or more below them will no doubt spit the proverbial dummy and attack them.

brave or foolish we shall see when the round ends.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 09:10   #82
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Zyth=-
tbh i think its a brave move to do it now and not on the very last day of the round, the 5 alliances or more below them will no doubt spit the proverbial dummy and attack them.

brave or foolish we shall see when the round ends.
Not brave, not foolish, well planned and brilliantly executed. The 5 alliances or more below aren't targetting them, but someone else instead.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 09:11   #83
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Funny thing is, you can't even claim 1up has lied to the public. They never at any point officially denied having hidden members.

They just chose not to answer the questions regarding it.

Good work fooling everyone else, I'd be annoyed if I even gave 2 cents about PA and anything related

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 09:33   #84
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

A quick (hopefully) post to clear up any confusion over what 1up have (and haven't) done.

Our tactics this round were in no way designed to get around the alliance limitations - just to disguise our true score/roids. At no stage in the round has the total of (active people in 1up tag) + 1ups outside tag been greater than 60.

So who was in our tag if some of our members were outside it? The closest anyone came in this thread was the idea that we'd accepted random applicants. In fact we'd accepted people who weren't playing this round: ex-1ups taking the round off, ex-players who quit rounds ago etc. Essentially people who we could rely on not to do anything stupid (like blab on AD what was happening, or actually play their planets). None of these planets ever sent defence to 1up or attacked with 1up. None of them are even in our arbiter - and looking at their scores I'd say the majority of them don't have a single ship.

At present there are 60 "proper" members of 1up. 51 active planets, 6 scanners and 3 members who have gone inactive and will be kicked if/when we get recruits to replace them.

Any alliance whose scanners aren't in the tag is FAR more guilty of abusing the support planet rule than 1up is: as those planets are playing for an alliance rather than for themselves and conducting about the most repetetive action there is (scanning). With no xp for scan-planets this round the benefit is clearly for the alliance and not for the scan-planet. And no - I'm not suggesting such planets could be closed - as PA team had confirmed to at least one alliance pre-round that not only was that fine, but it's ok to shift them in and out of tag to donate them resources.

Any talk of closing people for attacking together is, of course, gibberish. PA team have also confirmed pre-round that attacking same targets will NEVER be a reason for closure: if it were, then either Omen or a certain small alliance would be closed as support for the other due to their joint attacks (including on same ETA on Gate from ND a few days ago - where the smaller alliance's ships could clearly not land alone).

Let me now explain what I think the "support planet" rule is (and isn't) meant to be about:

The primary goal of it was to prevent alliances using out of tag planets which played entirely for the benefit of the players in the tag - and had no interest in their own planets doing well. I'm totally satisfied no 1ups fall into this category.
The secondary goal was to enforce the alliance membership limits. At no stage has 1up had more than 55 planets who attack OR defend with us - and even if adding in scanners that total has never been above 60.

The support planet rule DOESN'T prevent defending planets not in same tag as yourself. Personally I've been an advocate of banning all defence other than in-galaxy, in-cluster and in-alliance - but PA team WANT other defence allowed (or they'd have just disabled it).

I think I'll avoid commenting on the political situation in any depth. Suffice it say that if I found out a similar size alliance to my own had big members out of tag then:

I WOULD be all over them like a cheap-suit.
I WOULDN'T post on AD about it so they knew that I knew they had members out of tag.
I WOULD attack them myself rather than try to get other alliances to do it on my behalf. Actions speak louder than words: you're far more likely to get support in hitting someone if you do it yourself than if you spend all day talking to other HC about how THEY should hit them.

It's been an interesting, and at times painful, experience for our members. Prior to last night 1up has had no MOs/DCs - the only defence our members have had from 1up has been what they (or their 1up galmates) could arrange.

Now, however, normal service has been resumed.
Unread 24 May 2006, 09:37   #85
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
They are only 3 million ahead (although maybe there's still a few more to add), with a 2k roid gap.
Unread 24 May 2006, 09:56   #86
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
Some blabla...
Nicely said Sid. As i said earlier, you played your move well. No wi hope that ppl will take up the war axe and try to beat you :-). Otherwise, 1up would have no fun.
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:02   #87
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
2 tons of crap
your smooth talk isnt fooling anyone anymore m8 or... well the normal jerks still belive it as you still can do kiddie playground tactics, cudos to that

and to the rest of the nobos who belived the above post from sid, well thats why you never win this game
robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:07   #88
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I don't have a planet to check this, so is it true that top 100 1up planets have hundreds of millions of resources saved? Because if they do, you'd all better get thinking fast.

We're at a stage where 1up can be beaten. The round ends in just over two weeks, which is plenty of time to take them down. However, this would require the formation of a real block, one that works together and doesn't backstab.

Omen. Insomnia. NewDawn. By working together and BCing attacks at a high level, you could quite possibly grind 1up into the dust and still have a few days left to scrap amongst yourselves. But I don't believe any of you have it in you. You've not shown the willingness to go for 1up, despite knowing that this would happen a long time ago. You've got no balls.

Well played 1up. You deserve to win the round.
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:08   #89
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by robban1
your smooth talk isnt fooling anyone anymore m8 or... well the normal jerks still belive it as you still can do kiddie playground tactics, cudos to that

and to the rest of the nobos who belived the above post from sid, well thats why you never win this game
Which part of my post do you think is untrue?
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:08   #90
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

But I believed it and I did win the game

That said it all does remind me a little bit of the song in the simpsons in troy mcclure's comeback when he does the planet of the apes musical
Quote:
OH IT WAS EARTH ALL ALONG, OH THEY'VE FINALLY MADE A MONKEY (YES THEY'VE FINALLY MADE A MONKEY!), OH YES THEY'VE FINALLY MADE A MONKEY OUT OF MEEEEEE!
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:15   #91
Nadar
I see you!

Quote:

You know, robban1, most (if not all) posters will agree to the fact that Sid has never been caught posting a lie on these boards? Why start now? And what's so important to lie about in his post anyway? Nothing.

Edit: And you will never win the game either, because you're too busy winning on the forums.
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:16   #92
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The support planet rule DOESN'T prevent defending planets not in same tag as yourself. Personally I've been an advocate of banning all defence other than in-galaxy, in-cluster and in-alliance - but PA team WANT other defence allowed (or they'd have just disabled it).
This is quite off-topic, yet I want to comment on it. I play allianceless. For me out-alliance def is the only def I can get and the only def I can provide. But I am not alone. There are around 1.5k players like me. No alliance, no tag. We are playing for fun, for shits n giggles, to see what's going on in the universe, for our friends. To have fun and to play with our friends it is mandatory that we can participate in the game and interact with other planets. That not only covers attacking but also defending. Take that away and you will make the game even less attractive for us, the 1.5k allianceless players. Don't forget: We are the ones, you are getting your roids from and without our 7.5k£ contribution the game wouldn't even exist.

Quote:
I WOULD be all over them like a cheap-suit.
I WOULDN'T post on AD about it so they knew that I knew they had members out of tag.
I WOULD attack them myself rather than try to get other alliances to do it on my behalf. Actions speak louder than words: you're far more likely to get support in hitting someone if you do it yourself than if you spend all day talking to other HC about how THEY should hit them.
Sounds quite convinving. But you have to keep in mind that the average HC of a top alliance is not a long-term strategist. Most of them live in the moment, they let their alliances ride on the currents of PA evolution, they prefer reacting to acting.

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:17   #93
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Which part of my post do you think is untrue?
its all bullocks m8.. you was better at it in earlier rounds :/
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:25   #94
Synthetic_Sid

Quote:
its all bullocks m8.. you was better at it in earlier rounds :/
I guess, given such irrefutable logic, I should just delete my post and go and and sob quietly to myself in a corner.

How embarassing: every flaw and lie in my post exposed in glorious techni-colour by a total retard.
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:32   #95
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

So is 1up at full strength now or are there more planets to be added?

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:36   #96
robban1

Quote:
I guess, given such irrefutable logic, I should just delete my post and go and and sob quietly to myself in a corner.

How embarassing: every flaw and lie in my post exposed in glorious techni-colour by a total retard.
your reply tell me im somwhat on the right thing here as you really should just ignore my post if its bs you know

and on a sidenote the massive planetnaps you got is what keep your little asses alive this far, thats why i said cudos.. the hideing planets thingie was just gay
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:36   #97
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Essentially people who we could rely on not to do anything stupid (like actually play their planets)
A little editing for clarity, but that's a pretty quality quote
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:39   #98
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Omen. Insomnia. NewDawn. By working together and BCing attacks at a high level, you could quite possibly grind 1up into the dust and still have a few days left to scrap amongst yourselves. But I don't believe any of you have it in you. You've not shown the willingness to go for 1up, despite knowing that this would happen a long time ago. You've got no balls.
By the 210+ incoming fleets on Omen in the last 7-8 ticks I would say certain alliances want to play for 2nd. Again.
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:41   #99
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
By the 210+ incoming fleets on Omen in the last 7-8 ticks I would say certain alliances want to play for 2nd. Again.
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll launch at omen at once!

Well I would if I'd remembered to build pods
Unread 24 May 2006, 10:42   #100
Hude
self-entitledly superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll launch at omen at once!
Does it make a difference?