User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Jul 2010, 18:43   #51
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough
Re: Congratz NewDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
PS Heimdall, ND have a galaxy put up for their smaller planets every night, I'd imagine that's where you saw a lot of incs from. From attacking with ND for a lot of the round I know they did hit the targets that we agreed on. They just also hit others. Makes sense, for most of the round they had 30 more players than us.
i know this, but they don't have to make it seem like they only gave us random incoming, cause for most (nightly basis) of the round they were our most hostile alliance.
But if you really were intend of taking out another alliance, you concentrate all your fleets on them, and not allow 8 waves on a lower tier one.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 18:45   #52
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

That just makes no sense, to use your own jgp's as an indicator.

you get a "5" for effort

Finally retired
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 18:47   #53
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, it depends on the size of the planet, the size of the fleets attacking him, the time of the day, what day it was etc etc. That and the fact that as ND say they don't play that way. They have smaller players and they cater for them as opposed to mashing them into giant teamups and firing them off at big planets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR View Post

you get a "5" for effort
Of course it makes sense. It's not biased in any real way except towards ourselves. Obviously you could contradict it by posting some actual statistics yourselves!
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 18:47   #54
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
It would be downright stupid to claim those stats are 100% accurate. However, I see no reason why we would have accidentially JGP'ed more Apprime fleets than NewDawn ones. Do you?

So, no, using these stats as an indicator is quite acceptable.

[edit]Apparently Pelennor JGP'ed for Ascendancy as well as Apprime the first 400 ticks, but I don't think they particularly bothered to map you out, so those probably really were just random incomings.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 18:53   #55
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Just for clarification, are you talking 8 waves on every planet of a ODDR gal, 8 waves of only ND attackers on a single planet or 8 waves total across all ODDR planets in one night of attacking?

Because I'm pretty sure the only attacks we've had with more than 5 waves on a single target have been either split TA's on Apprime or dayraid retals which are hardly ever hit more than 3 waves over those 8 open.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 18:55   #56
HeimdallR

no, not all oddr planets, cause that would mean p-targetting,
im talking about you guys hitting a gal with oddr planets in, and they getting up to 8 waves.

ps: the day i occupy myself with keeping statistics in this game, is the day I'll suicide

Finally retired

Last edited by HeimdallR; 14 Jul 2010 at 19:09.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 18:57   #57
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

I encourage every ND player that is counting for tag, to leave it. That would trully be an awesome end of all this. Evo is an alliance that was leading early and did a great comeback after being hit early. Second best military alliance after Apprime in my opinion.
Let them win.

<3 Venox
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:04   #58
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
I encourage every ND player that is counting for tag, to leave it. That would trully be an awesome end of all this. Evo is an alliance that was leading early and did a great comeback after being hit early. Second best military alliance after Apprime in my opinion.
Let them win.

<3 Venox
I'm sure Evolution would be so happy if someone let them win, that way they could be better than ND.

I hope the dripping sarcasm and thinly disguised contempt for your idea doesn't shine through too clearly.

Edit to make it clear in case someone doesn't get it: People are whining that ND do not deserve to win for some arbitrary definition of 'deserve' that includes "did not fight or WARRR enough" and now you want it to be acceptable that ND goes "hai we no deserve here have some victory plz" which is not only dumb but also hypocritical.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.

Last edited by qebab; 14 Jul 2010 at 19:13.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:07   #59
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
no, not all oddr planets, cause that would mean p-targetting,
im talking about you guys hitting a gal with oddr planets in, and they getting up to 8 waves.
Proof? I can say for sure that no such attack took place for the first 700 ticks, and I don't see LordN setting up anything like that either.

My guess is a gal with 1-2 ODDR planets in it was doublebooked and you can't tell the difference.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:14   #60
HeimdallR

Quote:
ps: the day i occupy myself with keeping statistics in this game, is the day I'll suicide
We have fair a few gals with 4 -5 oddr members in so, is it really that hard to believe ?

6 9 5 7 5 6 (3) 10 1 (3)

Finally retired
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:16   #61
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Wait. Do you mean a 4-5 man oddr galaxy got 8 ND waves in total? And you're complaining about that?
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:18   #62
HeimdallR

lol no not in total, now your are just trying to make me look silly

how much fun and useless this debate has become, I'm going to leave at this, real life waiting for me

Finally retired
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:23   #63
JonnyBGood
Banned

Real life is always waiting for you*.

*With the same look of condescension every time.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:30   #64
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Well, I just went through the first 40(out of 105) raids, and none of your 4 gals were targeted in any of those. I know I hit 5:6 once, but I rather doubt it was put up more than once, it's a horrible target for ND really. 6:9 doesn't seem familiar, although I might be wrong.

Personally I don't like raiding random gals, too many targets which are a simple waste of time, so that takes out the last two as well.

ps. ND has atm received 2205 waves of inc this round, an average of ~2 waves every tick throughout the round.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:31   #65
HeimdallR

Quote:
*With the same look of condescension every time.
? can you explain, English only is my third language.

Finally retired
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 19:57   #66
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
? can you explain, English only is my third language.
Any reply to anything said on the internet which involves some version of "sorry, I'm too busy in rl to reply to you" automatically makes you a raging ****tard.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 20:14   #67
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

Why is this debate even going on?

Congratz ND for winning.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 20:17   #68
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort View Post
the fat lady is warming up her voice.
does she do requests?

Nobody Does It Better - Carly Simon
Simply the best - tina turner
Feeling Good - muse
We are the champions - Queen

Maybe even
dry your eyes - the streets
for sadsack below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Lol hilarious Napping every ally so u cant be hit= good win?????????? Cant believe what im reading here, Now if ND had won by 40mill plus then yes maybe but the fact is they had no incoming all round and only struggled to win 1st place a win is a win but this is far from convincing.
fs dry your eyes
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 20:24   #69
Firebird

lol there very dry just laughing at the fact that i have been here to witness an nd win never thought i would see LAND win
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 20:33   #70
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
lol there very dry just laughing at the fact that i have been here to witness an nd win never thought i would see LAND win
*laND win a third time.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 20:33   #71
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I encourage every ND player that is counting for tag, to leave it.
Hahahahaha.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 14 Jul 2010 at 20:36. Reason: gotta love how quotes don't count as non-caps, but do get converted to lower case :|
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 20:54   #72
Firebird

Sun if you re read it you will note i said i never thought i would see them win
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 20:55   #73
Kit

Kit is on a distinguished road

Well done ND

It doesn't matter how you did it
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 20:56   #74
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I encourage every ND player that is counting for tag, to leave it.
And join the jihad where the members are unshaved, unwashed, beat their wifes and go on suicide missions. (I've got the battle reports to back it up)

Don't be surprised if you told to bolt.

Last edited by Paisley; 14 Jul 2010 at 21:06.
Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 21:05   #75
Kit

Kit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
And join the jihad were the members are unshaved, unwashed, beat their wifes and go on suicide missions.

Don't be surprised if you told to bolt.
Could be worse you could join the Lodge
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 21:14   #76
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Sun if you re read it you will note i said i never thought i would see them win
Given that you joined the forums 2006, I think both rnd24 and 25 should be within the time that you've been around.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 21:19   #77
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Congrats ND.

some of the people in this thread should stop ****ing crying already.
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 21:20   #78
Firebird

was in iraq then came back rnd 32
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 22:05   #79
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
We need to stop this whole a war game doesn't involve politics drivel. It ****ing does. ****ing wars involve politics. It's exactly how things work in real life.
err i also said in my post that i agree that politics has and have been a very big part of this game and yes its also how it is in real life. im not questioning that.. its just that i would rather see some alliance winning that has actually been in war situation and have worked their way through round working hard..

again, i was refering who i would see as the round winner
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 22:12   #80
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
err i also said in my post that i agree that politics has and have been a very big part of this game and yes its also how it is in real life. im not questioning that.. its just that i would rather see some alliance winning that has actually been in war situation and have worked their way through round working hard..

again, i was refering who i would see as the round winner
Apprime were let down by their HCs. It's tough winning a war if your leaders keep on invading new countries!
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 22:46   #81
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

ND and CT have proved time and time again what is wrong with PA. Avoiding incomings shouldnt lead to #1, fighting wars and winning should.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Jul 2010, 23:24   #82
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

Only time ND had 8 waves on our webbie for any gal was when we were joint attacking, and then 4-6 were blocked per target in a staggered formation ND would typically hit 1 hard target (app/evo) and one soft target low ranked gal. ND Is a training allaince about 20% of our members are in there first or second round of PA we like to make sure they have somthing they can hit

Incedentally we do keep track of all our incoming in a round

Alliance Hostile Counts
Evolution
Apprime
Conspiracy
Osiris
Subh
Howling Rain
HeX
ODDR
DLR
p3nguins
GROSS
eXiIition
ASS
EMPIRE of I KILL YOU
xVx
NewDawn
LOST

for the 16 ND :P blame paisley

Round 27 28 HA DC BC, 29 VGN DC, 30 ND DC, 31 32 HA head DC,
Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Round 39 to Forever ND DC
DragonKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 00:05   #83
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
ND and CT have proved time and time again what is wrong with PA. Avoiding incomings shouldnt lead to #1, fighting wars and winning should.
CT and ND were both involved heavily in wars when they previously won the round. The main war in round 20 was CT versus Destiny and in r25 was nd/ct versus urwins. R24 was slightly different but ND were still heavily involved. So not really up until this round where in fairness ND had againg been involved, they've proactively gone out and joined up with asc and apprime versus evo/osiris/ct and took part in targeting there. They then hit apprime for a long time and now at the end of the round they're being hit by osiris, evo and apprime. They didn't spend the round nub-raiding. They took part in the wars. Sure they took part from relatively advantageous positions but for god's sake that's the whole ****ing point of politics.

Anyways how this is so wildly different from last round is beyond me.
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 00:23   #84
DragonKing

DragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to allDragonKing is a name known to all

i was wrong it wasnt pais it was widgit5 bad widgit 5
/me sends widgit5 to amon for spanking

Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 01:15   #85
Wicket

Wicket is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post

/me lubs his ct roids
Wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 01:30   #86
Cowch
Moo

Cowch is on a distinguished road

I don't understand why people would come down on ND. If they won by napping, then it's the other alliances that let them win by not attacking them when they clearly had an advantage in roids and numbers.
Anyway, ND had plenty of naps, just like the rest of us. But they fought wars and won by switching sides when the balance of power shifted. ND switched after CT joined the war and hit them for almost 7% of their roids. It was a good move by ND, but it didn't take them out of the war.
Cowch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 01:57   #87
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
Congrats ND.

some of the people in this thread should stop ****ing crying already.

its not crying when you they keep asking for a response turd

Finally retired
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 02:41   #88
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past

We were very much involved in the App/Asc/ND vs Evo/Osi+whoever else... We were involved in EVERY war this round...

It is NOT OUR FAULT that no one stopped us from getting the roid lead that we did... So stop downsizing our victory... (well we havent won yet)

AND--- LMAO at 8 waves on an ODDR planet.... bahahahahahaha. Proof or it just didn't ****ing happen Heim...
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 02:51   #89
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abort View Post
We were very much involved in the App/Asc/ND vs Evo/Osi+whoever else... We were involved in EVERY war this round...

It is NOT OUR FAULT that no one stopped us from getting the roid lead that we did... So stop downsizing our victory... (well we havent won yet)

AND--- LMAO at 8 waves on an ODDR planet.... bahahahahahaha. Proof or it just didn't ****ing happen Heim...
Like i said before, the day i keep statistics about this game I'll suicide.
But as one of oddr dc's i can say it actually happened so stfu

Finally retired
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 03:54   #90
DragonKing

it never happened expect when you were drunk and had double vision is that 4 inc or 8 errrrr i dont know:P

Round 33 34 35 ND DC
Round 36 37 38 ND HC DC
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 03:55   #91
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Meh, it was a round of horrible politics controled by individuals using them for their own personal gain over what made sense for their alliance. At the start of the round, the best thing that could happend was someone attacking 8:3 because then lordn/cardi/me could actually agree on teaming up on them the next night

Let's skip the start, as it was way boring and I still dislike us fleetcatching so many noobs Greedy ziks wtf.

A few hundred ticks after the start we had what I think was the only fair war of the round, evo/osi/ct against asc/app/ND. On our side we felt evo and osiris had consulidated themselves as allies, even if they tried to deny it at the time, and we decided to hit them. After initial success the war stagnated a bit with not much lost or gained on either side and apprime were on top with a good amount of roids. That lead to them grounding fleets when expecting inc for severel days, sometimes even dropping pre-agreed targets in the process. It worked to some extent as Apprime were very hard to roid, but this behaviour pissed off both ND and asc.

The ND/app relationship was on a knifes edge even before that because of Apprime planets defending Evo planets in certain galaxies. Apprime leading was not a sight ND cared much for either, so after some long long loooong hc discussions they dropped the nap, changed sides completly and started
hitting Apprime with the other side of the block. With the numbers stacked against them, apprime now abandoned attacking and tried to win the round by defending only. And there were quite a lot of crashes, but it was way too early in the round to go to such an extreme tactic and the block was stubbern enough to keep hitting.

Asc had meanwhile kept their NAP with ND despite their sudden change of sides, and were mainly getting fat in part due to not getting much in and in part due to random roiding a bit while having an insanely unbalanced memberbase (something like 50% of the total alliance roids on 15 planets). Osiris and Evo were both hurting after hitting an alliance with all fleets grounding for the best part of a week and even with the numbers on their side, both alliances were now less active and still only on average roids.

Apprime had expressed their displeasure with Asc keeping their NAP with ND as they were the first choice of targets for Apprime once the incoming slowed down. Asc on the other hand felt like they were being used for flak to attack hopeless targets while Apprime did not even try to attack. Looking for a way to recover lost roids easily, Apprime decided to hit the only alliance which had not been hitting them, dropping the nap with Asc and ignoring the 48 hours grace period which had been had agreed.

At this point Ascendancy had a solid hold of the #1 ranking, along with nearly all of the top10 planets but solid incs over the next week from osiris/evo/app working together meant that the roidlead was quickly overturned. ND were at this point sitting out, and I believe mostly hitting randoms to get fat, much like asc had done previously. They were however napped with every top alliance except apprime, so there was not much choice involved.

Apprime looked to have picked up most of the roids Asc lost, once again emerging as a contender for victory. However, ND and CT saw this coming and joined Asc in hitting Apprime for 2-3 nights. This was surprisingly effective and subsequent the activity in Apprime fell to a round low as they dropped out of the picture for #1 alliance once and for all.

Evo and Osiris had been enjoying an easy ride for a few hundred ticks now, and both alliances were slowly gaining ambition again. Ascendancy still had most of the top planets, so they decided to start waving those in hope of solid XP gains. Apprime also joined in on a few nights, eventually leaving most of the asc top planets with few roids. The main beneficiary from these actions were ND, as they were still napped to 4 alliances in the top5 and Apprime had never really given them the incs they expected.

Eventually Evo realised that ND were not crashing their lead away without having to fight a war, so with one week to go they dropped the nap and soon after started the last war of the round. Apprime (still in the weakened form) also gave ND some attention, even Osiris dropped their NAP with ND in the end but the gap had grown too big and was only coming down slowly.
Meanwhile, Asc had been working hard to secure planet rankings and generally reverting back to the original attitude of "ruining" by doing mass waves on hand-selected planets.

And that's just about where we stand 40 ticks from the end.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 04:49   #92
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonking View Post
it never happened expect when you were drunk and had double vision is that 4 inc or 8 errrrr i dont know
you are the lowest lifeform to have ever played pa

Finally retired
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 05:31   #93
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Like i said before, the day i keep statistics about this game I'll suicide.
But as one of oddr dc's i can say it actually happened so stfu
You do realize nobody compiles these statistics by hand? The tools that we and others use have automatic functions built in for tracking what happens in the game.

And I'll trust our own tools through which all organized attacks are made over your word and memory, tyvm. I have no knowledge of how good your intel is, but if you cba to keep track of anything, I doubt it's very good at all, severely compromising your ability to tell apart multiple alliances when a target has been doublebooked.
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 05:41   #94
HeimdallR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
You do realize nobody compiles these statistics by hand?
no shit, einstein

Finally retired
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 06:05   #95
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
no shit, einstein
Then why are you making such a dramatic point of not wanting to keep track of what you've been doing? It requires practically no effort beyond the initial commitment to rewrite any given toolset to remember the information you feed it daily anyway, and in fact every publicly available toolset I know of features some form of statistical information. Even if you take the path of least resistance, there seems to me to be no excuse not to have statistics such as these available to oneself, if for no other reason than to provide an unbiased viewpoint for internal decision making processes.
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 07:24   #96
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
<3 Venox
Yes, we all <3 Venox, our glorious leader that left because "vamp whined too much"...

HAIL XYPH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
I'm sure Evolution would be so happy if someone let them win, that way they could be better than ND.
I think I can speak for most of evo when I say that we would rather finish 2nd than be handed the victory...
ND deserves to win for playing it smart this round, for once not crashing it all away and actually having decent military strength, ...
Doesn't mean we'll make it easy on them for the last 2 days though

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 15 Jul 2010 at 07:31.
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 07:37   #97
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Quote:
Let them win.

<3 Venox
You are a very simple creature aren't you?

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 07:38   #98
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem! View Post
Doesn't mean we'll make it easy on them for the last 2 days though
I don't think any of us would have it any other way either, really. This war was never going to topple us, wars seldom do these days, but likewise I doubt any of us want the victory handed to us, and in truth, I don't think it has been.

ps. DK's prolly the worst, he seems to take some masochist pleasure out of this whole ordeal. Says he enjoys DC'ing, that fool.
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 07:46   #99
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, if ODDR had a fatass planet in a random gal I'd 8-wave it if I had the fleets.
Unread 15 Jul 2010, 07:57   #100
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Good post Golan, fair summary of the round.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote