User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 Dec 2009, 06:37   #1
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
ETA and all that jazz

I would like to propose we drop the different ETAs between metaclasses. I don't see it serve any purpose whatsoever. On the other hand, it makes creating ship stats that much harder, because most people will prefer to have the fleets with the lowest ETA.

Can anyone convince me this suggestion is a bad one?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 06:47   #2
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of
Re: ETA and all that jazz

/signed and a big hug from me

..although stats would need fi/co that target BS/CR, but i see no problem with that.

eta = current fr/de one.

or eta = BS/Cr and then add one or two more layers to jumpgate research.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 16 Dec 2009 at 06:52.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 06:55   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
..although stats would need fi/co that target BS/CR
Why?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 07:30   #4
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

They wouldn't "need" them, but there would be no reason to leave them out anymore
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 09:22   #5
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I dont like the idea.
Been tried before with same eta on all ships hasnt it? ( r10? ) Was that a success?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 10:09   #6
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
They wouldn't "need" them, but there would be no reason to leave them out anymore
Actually, there would be, because it reduces the number of defence ships against those classes, reducing the complexity of the ship stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
I dont like the idea.
Been tried before with same eta on all ships hasnt it? ( r10? ) Was that a success?
Do you have an actual argument why it would be a bad idea, or are you just fear mongering?
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 10:17   #7
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
A

Do you have an actual argument why it would be a bad idea, or are you just fear mongering?
r10 and r10.5 were the worst rounds I have EVER played of PA.
This might be a factor of several things, but I remember same eta on all being one important factor.
I also dislike single targetting though, and would prefer pa to go back to r3-r4 code. soooooooo.
Call me a fearmonger if u want, I just doubt it would be good. But then again, pa at its current form is shit regardless, so any change might be good.
i d prefer another change than eta to be that one however.

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 12:12   #8
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

What is true for r34 was not for r32, people pick the best combo, not the fastest one.
I'd like more complexity to the game, not a simplification of an already boring system.
If we start with the same base eta for every class, make ETA research independant for each meta class. People could fast research CR/BS etas if they like... you could have some BS fleets faster than FI at some point... in the end it could have the same result for people's main fleet, but it would be to the detriment of their other fleet (if we go for single targeting it would work even better).
A side effect would be to force people to go for FA scan as you couldn't recognize a fleet from its eta alone. And build more dist or amps (not just piling up finance centers)...
More options = more strategic choices = more diversity

Last edited by Makhil; 16 Dec 2009 at 12:21.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 12:32   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I would like to propose we drop the different ETAs between metaclasses. I don't see it serve any purpose whatsoever. On the other hand, it makes creating ship stats that much harder, because most people will prefer to have the fleets with the lowest ETA.

Can anyone convince me this suggestion is a bad one?
I can't say I'd object to it being tried it out. WIsh is right in that r10/10.5 simplified things too much and it become a load of dogshit but that was due to more factors than just eta.

Implementation would be important though. What's our baseline? If everything "becomes" fi/co eta that would make dcing pretty hard (everything's now eta 7 so only 3 hours to organise ingal def and only 1 for ally def and everything's eta 7 so incomings are condensed) and there's already a decided leaning in the direction of making it a more offensive game.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 12:52   #10
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
What is true for r34 was not for r32, people pick the best combo, not the fastest one.
This is typically a question of self-imposing choice though. You see, there's very rarely (I can remember an EMP fighter from round 13) ships that target upwards two classes (ie. fi/co that targets cr/bs). This conveniently removes the biggest disadvantage of battleships and cruisers: there's rarely a ship that'd be able to pull from two ticks behind which would dramatically ease defending against the big ships. Now, this is a design choice which essentially makes medium and large ships fairly indifferent. The only true ETA advantage has generally been for small ships, and again, they've been generally designed to have some drawbacks to compensate for this.

Stat design has usually been balanced so as to consider the ETA inherently.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 15:12   #11
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

mz what would you want the base eta to be?

I'm in full favour of this idea if it lets me get 9 hours sleep
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 16:38   #12
Wishmaster
LDK

I think I m one of the few which would like 30min ticks, and lower etas

make attacks slower, and u make it more boring for some. More chilled and relaxed for others

Quote:
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 16:53   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I'd probably want attacking fleets to show at eta 8, like fr/de fleets do now. That's not set in stone though. More than anything. this topic is about finding out whether this is a good suggestion at all, not about convincing people that it is. I can't see many objections, but I figured, maybe others can.

As for balancing defence and attack, it would perhaps be possible to give alliances ETA -2, or to reintroduce cluster defence ETA -1.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 16 Dec 2009 at 17:11.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 17:15   #14
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts

Quote:

As for balancing defence and attack, it would perhaps be possible to give alliances ETA -2, or to reintroduce cluster defence ETA -1.

Cluster defence still is -1 no change made to it.
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 17:22   #15
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I like the variance in etas, I think it adds to the strategy of the game. Why take the eta strategies out of the game? They are not too complicated for newbies but at the same time add complexity to attacking and defending that helps keep the game interesting. As Tietäjä points out the ship stats tend to compensate for the differences in etas to balance them out, and certainly there hasn't been a huge rush to FI/CO because they are faster then CR/BS. In short I have yet to see a good argument in this thread as to why this should be done, and there are interesting tactical reasons for it not to be done.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 17:27   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Cluster defence still is -1 no change made to it.
Ah, I see what went wrong when I checked it: I have 1500 fr I forgot to extract from my otherwise co-only fleet, so it showed as eta8. Silly me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
and certainly there hasn't been a huge rush to FI/CO because they are faster then CR/BS.
Actually, there has been exactly that. Looking at Ascendancy this round, we have 128m value worth of fi/co, 12m value worth of fr/de and 22m value worth of cr/bs. We have more value in Thieves than we do in fr/de/cr/bs combined, and the same goes for Beetles. Banshee clock in at 23m, more than all our cr/bs combined.

We have had many other fi/co dominated rounds in the recent past, far more than we have had cr/bs dominated ones. Fi/co rounds tend to be fairly boring: whichever side has more value wins. That is one of the reasons I made this post, because I want to prevent more rounds turning out like that.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 16 Dec 2009 at 17:42.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 17:52   #17
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Surely thats just down to the stratergy that Asc decided to take, all zik/xan fi/co.

There were many other options available from looking at the stats, I mean look at App they went cr/bs.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 18:01   #18
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

So did p3ng afaik.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 18:05   #19
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Actually, there would be, because it reduces the number of defence ships against those classes, reducing the complexity of the ship stats.
It's been done before with the only real drawback being the fact that alliances have 2 ticks to get def against cr/bs. A set of perfectly balanced (not so complicated) stats can be made with fi/co targetting cr/bs and vice versa if ETAs are all the same.

The only problem I can see is the effect this will have on fakes as people generally look at the ETA and decide which class it is (especially later on) before scanning, and it does do something psychologically.
It also means that planets that can't get scans on the attacker find it harder to defend, especially since it's no longer so easy to tell what type of fleet it is by the number of ships (I remember when I first started, a 10k bs fleet was absolutely massive, and 1mil fi was huge, so there was a clear difference, now it's not so clear cut)
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 18:06   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Universe stats: 1153m in fi/co, 443m in fr/de, 379m in cr/bs. Not as blatant, but still quite clear cut: there is more Xan fi than there are fr/de or cr/bs.

Quote:
It's been done before with the only real drawback being the fact that alliances have 2 ticks to get def against cr/bs. A set of perfectly balanced (not so complicated) stats can be made with fi/co targetting cr/bs and vice versa if ETAs are all the same.
The more interaction, the more complicated the ship stats will be; this is not an opinion you can argue with, this is cold hard fact.

Quote:
The only problem I can see is the effect this will have on fakes as people generally look at the ETA and decide which class it is (especially later on) before scanning, and it does do something psychologically.
It also means that planets that can't get scans on the attacker find it harder to defend, especially since it's no longer so easy to tell what type of fleet it is by the number of ships (I remember when I first started, a 10k bs fleet was absolutely massive, and 1mil fi was huge, so there was a clear difference, now it's not so clear cut)
Fair point. I don't know though, maybe it would be better for the game if it wasn't so predictable.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 16 Dec 2009 at 18:13.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 18:06   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And DLR and I think euphoria as well? A lot of people went fi/co anyways as reflected by the universe ship stats. And even though Apprime went bs attack fleets they all had pillagers and they were all very heavily invested in them.

efb
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 18:06   #22
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

CR/BS = 2 ticks to get defence (CR/BS/DE/FR).
FR/DE = 2 ticks to get defence (FR/DE/FI/CO)
FI/CO = 1 tick to get defence (FI/CO).

I think this is unfair to people who like the big ships. It also doesnt matter that much if the FI/co isnt that effective, as if your xan you get a huge bonus from cloaking.

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...9&postcount=10 My proposed single target stats (targetting only so far) for next round.

1) Travel Time set at current CR/BS
2) Extra research for travel time (1 or 2 ticks worth).
3) All three meta hulls(Fi+CO, FR+DE, CR+BS) can be research independently (if using multipods)., and RP is equal between them.
4) Metal/Crystal/Eonium removed for single currency.
5) EMP Shields replace resistance (as this should have happened years back).
6) Damage removed from stats and only guns should be used.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx

Last edited by MrLobster; 16 Dec 2009 at 18:36.
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 18:09   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
CR/BS = 2 ticks to get defence (CR/BS/DE/FR).
FI/CO = 1 tick to get defence (FI/CO).

I think this is unfair to people who like the big ships. It also doesnt matter that much if the FI/co isnt that effective, as if your xan you get a huge bonus from cloaking.
Obviously it does matter. There's always going to be a middle ground. It's not like fi/co with paper armour and no damage would be everyone's first choice.

Quote:
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showpo...9&postcount=10 My proposed single target stats (targetting only so far) for next round.
No offence intended but I wouldn't even bother. Pateam are not going to give up on the races.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 18:27   #24
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Upon second reflection I can't see why this is a bad idea. I mean it actually opens up more possibilities whilst attacking, which I am definitely all for, considering the staleness of attacking, scanning, recalling/landing process we currently go through at the moment, fake possibilities are also pretty nifty, some thought might actually have to go into attacking and defending for once.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 18:51   #25
t3k
The Video Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki View Post
Upon second reflection I can't see why this is a bad idea. I mean it actually opens up more possibilities whilst attacking, which I am definitely all for, considering the staleness of attacking, scanning, recalling/landing process we currently go through at the moment, fake possibilities are also pretty nifty, some thought might actually have to go into attacking and defending for once.
Unread 16 Dec 2009, 22:19   #26
_Kila_
break it down!

I'm in favour of at least trying this, btw.
Unread 17 Dec 2009, 02:01   #27
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
And DLR and I think euphoria as well? A lot of people went fi/co anyways as reflected by the universe ship stats. And even though Apprime went bs attack fleets they all had pillagers and they were all very heavily invested in them.

efb
DLR went FICO because we had gone CRBS the round before and wanted a change. It was recognized though that CRBS was the best attacking option for this round too.
Unread 18 Dec 2009, 23:47   #28
Ronin
Legionaire

Ronin will become famous soon enoughRonin will become famous soon enough

Maybe someone mentioned it above. But the game used to have 1 class pods. for every race. That was a lot more balanced then it is now.

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...d_6:Ship_Stats
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...d_4:Ship_Stats

Greets

Round 3 - 8 (Legion)
Round 9 - 10.5 (Nos/FanG)
Round 22 - 23 (Jenova)
Round 24 - 28 (CT HC)
Round 31 (DLR)
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2009, 00:44   #29
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Maybe someone mentioned it above. But the game used to have 1 class pods. for every race. That was a lot more balanced then it is now.

http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...d_6:Ship_Stats
http://www.clawofdarkness.com/pawiki...d_4:Ship_Stats

Greets
The round 6 stats would've had different podclasses if they could've been coded in time. Round 7 was more interesting statwise for it. There was always an interesting aspect to single podclasses in that universal fleet compositions became set quite early on, whereas some enterprising individuals would adapt their fleets slightly to take advantage of that (War Frigates in round 4 come to mind).

Multiple podclasses opened the game up for stuff like faking, which is cool, but I'd be open for a change here, it's not like we haven't had enough rounds of covering for possible fakes and all that.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote