User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 17 Mar 2009, 02:58   #551
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: An open message to Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
and yes if that happens they deserve it also (not cause they do 1337 forum propaganda posts, but cause they have the most score)
Are you saying that if we win, it's because of our "propaganda"?
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 02:59   #552
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
The moderators would suggest in spite of it.
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 03:11   #553
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

I think Asc need to recruit Zoro to run the forum squad next round...
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 09:23   #554
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I have not said anywhere that someone needs to decide the most deserving winner or that the alliance that finishes #1 is the deserving winner. Its just you cant say that CT deserves to win just cuz they finished #1.. if they only finished #1 due to fencesitting.
I would really like to spell it out for you, but instead i will try to explain in simple steps why CT would then be the deserving winner.

(Using CT as an example because you did)

1. CT is #1 at end tick.
2. CT BEAT the rest of the playing alliances.
3. Nobody BEAT CT

In other words, CT outplayed the rest, they won and are therefor the most deserving winner.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 10:17   #555
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I think Asc need to recruit Zoro to run the forum squad next round...

Possibly the most sensible thing said on this thread so far
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 10:19   #556
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
It's time for action.

It's pretty obvious that all of the stupid ASC posts in this thread have been leading everyone up the garden path.
Oooh we have a 10 to 15% chance of winning.
There are now 4 alliances with a chance of winning.
Ct don't deserve to win.
ALL OF THIS NONSENSE!!!!

The basic fact is that Ascendancy are going to win the round. They now have quite a big roid lead (growing more each day). Not a 10% chance, not 15% not a 1 in 4 chance they ARE going to win.

If everyone is happy with that FACT then continue with the round as you all have done for the past week or so.
If you will feel a bit uneasy that they will be dominating the end of round again (like me) after seemingly being downand out about 10 days ago. Then gather your Alliances, BG's, galmates, Buddy packs and fleets and ATTACK THEM.

AND KEEP ATTACKING THEM TIL THEY CANNOT WIN.

It's quite simple
I wonder why the above post has been ignored so much by ASC. Probably cos I speak too much truth and certainly too close to their particular worst case senario.
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 11:07   #557
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
I would really like to spell it out for you, but instead i will try to explain in simple steps why CT would then be the deserving winner.

(Using CT as an example because you did)

1. CT is #1 at end tick.
2. CT BEAT the rest of the playing alliances.
3. Nobody BEAT CT

In other words, CT outplayed the rest, they won and are therefor the most deserving winner.
What if they cheated?
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 11:11   #558
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk View Post
What if they cheated?
Then they were caught and punished by deletion. Otherwise you wouldn't know if they cheated.

nqp
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 11:47   #559
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
I wonder why the above post has been ignored so much by ASC. Probably cos I speak too much truth and certainly too close to their particular worst case senario.
maybe because its CT propaganda
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 11:58   #560
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Maybe it's because any response to it would be labelled as "zomg propaganda" so it's not worth the effort? If I could pos rep you for it I would, I had fun laughing at it, maybe not what you were trying to say, but the way you said it!
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 13:21   #561
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel View Post
ND haven't fence sat heh,

Being in another war testifies to that,

nor have we gone into vac mode to avoid a fight unlike your brave self good sir
Funny how an ND member in 2:9 went into vac mode when they saw CT pl the last time an attack was planned on them. Oh how we laughed! - the one planet that would not have got incs that night due (at the time) to CT's nap to ND chicken shitted.

Not only that, once he realised his mistake he stormed of IRC. One of the highlights of my round. Thank you ND

Unread 17 Mar 2009, 15:10   #562
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:

still you won“t win
which was the message of my post

"It“s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 15:13   #563
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

Quote:
ofc NOT

propaganda has nothing to do with winning PA

propaganda never had anything to do with anything

the nazi“s never got controll over germany cause of their propaganda,
it was because of their nice brown dresses
but don“t tell anyone

"It“s not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 16:29   #564
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

my alliance will keep hitting you as long as necessery. please stop crying jbg.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 17:28   #565
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

i call what nd have done leaping from 1 fence to the next!
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 17:35   #566
_Kila_
break it down!

I love how all these CT players are blaming ND for their alliance losing.
Unread 17 Mar 2009, 17:40   #567
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
I love how all these CT players are blaming ND for their alliance losing.
i love your tries convincing me that ND has now better chances then before
this is seriously some funny view on things

ND decided they dont want to be #2 behind ct
and rather be there behind asc

we continue on irc
<3

Unread 17 Mar 2009, 21:48   #568
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

you guys cancelled the nap - we didn't

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 00:13   #569
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0RPH3US View Post
i love your tries convincing me that ND has now better chances then before
this is seriously some funny view on things

ND decided they dont want to be #2 behind ct
and rather be there behind asc

we continue on irc
<3
propaganda isnt really your thing is it imm0 ? stick to what you know best (VAC MODE)
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 00:23   #570
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee View Post
propaganda isnt really your thing is it imm0 ? stick to what you know best (VAC MODE)

And reading isn't yours: M0RPH3US formerly known as Bugz

What is interesting at the moment is that people seeing Ascendancy being top roidcount with 100 members, while, if our intel is a bit correct on NewDawn, they have on average 100 roids more on their top 60 planets, which is what all that counts in the end. During a war you want your whole tag to be pretty awesome, in the end when the winner is announced only the top 60 counts.
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 00:45   #571
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
And reading isn't yours: [b]M0RPH3US formerly known as Bugz
potato potatoh whats the difference
Mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 08:03   #572
M0RPH3US
idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee View Post
potato potatoh whats the difference
you wouldn“t know

Unread 18 Mar 2009, 08:48   #573
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
And reading isn't yours: M0RPH3US formerly known as Bugz

What is interesting at the moment is that people seeing Ascendancy being top roidcount with 100 members, while, if our intel is a bit correct on NewDawn, they have on average 100 roids more on their top 60 planets, which is what all that counts in the end. During a war you want your whole tag to be pretty awesome, in the end when the winner is announced only the top 60 counts.
According to munin, which we like to think is pretty correct considering its almost tick 1200!

newdawn: (100798), Avg: 1366 (1679)
Ascendancy: (90995), Avg: 1155 (1516)

newdawn has 10k more roids in their top60 planets.
Newdawn have an average of 1679 roids in their top60 compared to asc with 1516.

So you are indeed correct, except the fact that it is 163 average roids more not 100
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 13:34   #574
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

And as open warfare becomes more intense, a shocking new tactic has been adopted by a couple of alliances:

Looking at a few breps, it seems that CT are desperately attempting to prevent a ND win by furiously donating salvage to Asc, while Omen donate salvage to ND to try and outfox Asc and CT!

Kudos to these alliances for thinking outside the box!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 14:07   #575
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

[/b]What is interesting at the moment is that people seeing Ascendancy being top roidcount with 100 members, while, if our intel is a bit correct on NewDawn, they have on average 100 roids more on their top 60 planets, which is what all that counts in the end. During a war you want your whole tag to be pretty awesome, in the end when the winner is announced only the top 60 counts.
Erm....... are you saying that Asc have no out of tag players that could increase Asc's average/t60 roid count/score? Just cos theyre not in tag, doesnt mean they wont be come last tick.

Anyone got intel on how many planets Asc/ND have out of tag, which come eor, could possible come as a outofnowherefinaltick scoreboost?
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 14:09   #576
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Anyone got intel on how many planets Asc/ND have out of tag, which come eor, could possible come as a outofnowherefinaltick scoreboost?
Newdawn have 83 members intag, why the hell would we keep ANYONE out of tag?
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 14:37   #577
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Actually, we have one planet out of tag, a planet which is way below our avg anyway.

Proud to be Newdawn
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 14:48   #578
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Are you talking about THE PENIS ALLIANZ here Jungle? They won't merge Dunkel in I fear.

Other then that .... nothing significant out of tag I think. Might be one member which we still need to 'trade' in. But that won't hugely affect our score.
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 14:53   #579
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
Ive got to be fair now dont i? Cant run around pointing the finger at Asc all day long can i?

Quote:
Are you talking about THE PENIS ALLIANZ here Jungle? They won't merge Dunkel in I fear.

Other then that .... nothing significant out of tag I think. Might be one member which we still need to 'trade' in. But that won't hugely affect our score.
Just 1 member is oot? Didnt i read somewhere at one stage u guys had like 123+ total?
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 15:53   #580
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
Ive got to be fair now dont i? Cant run around pointing the finger at Asc all day long can i?

Just 1 member is oot? Didnt i read somewhere at one stage u guys had like 123+ total?

That could actually affect our tag score.

Don't be a pedantic homo. As mz already pointed out, you go making vague accusations everywhere and when we say what you implied you go all 'NOOOOOOOOO I DIDNT SAY THAT'.

Actually. Just stop posting, or improve significantly.
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 16:46   #581
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Theam is correct. Our 60th planet contributes ~3.7m score. We have 9 open applications, 8 of which are too small and the remaining 1 would increase our tag score by ~800k.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 17:15   #582
H1TMANish
BlueTuba

H1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant futureH1TMANish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Theam is correct. Our 60th planet contributes ~3.7m score. We have 9 open applications, 8 of which are too small and the remaining 1 would increase our tag score by ~800k.
Cor, i'm one of eight! How elite.

I'm working on becoming asc's #60th score contributing member. I'm not working very hard, but i'll get there!
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 17:57   #583
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
Well, Omen seem to have a reason for kicking planets when they oh so subtly add 2k roid planets to the tag at 1 am, despite having space in their tag...
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 18:11   #584
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

My money's still on Asc, only now I'm even more sure they've won it.

They can easily roidrace ND and they could easily win in a 1 on 1 war.

CT/ND/Omen together would give ND or CT a chance at the win, but it seems unlikely. From the outside it looks like CT have taken to persistently trying to obliterate their political chances and I expect that instead of acting rationally, they'd be emo about it and refuse to join in hitting Asc with ND. Instead they'll either fight for second with ND or go back to galraiding.

Even if CT/Omen/ND do manage to tag-team on Asc, Asc will cause serious pain to CT or ND for a few days, and even though there will be enough time for the bashed ally to recover and win, the HCs probably won't see the chance and will give up. The group fractures and Ascendancy win.

If CT/Omen/ND manage to work together to consistently hit asc and the first alliance bashed puts up with it, asc will have to change targets when the roidgain/XP gets thin. Omen/CT/ND sticking together would give both ND and CT a chance.

IMO ofc.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 18:40   #585
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

While I personally think the alliance rankings are most important, things like planet ranking and galaxy ranking shouldn't be completely ignored. There are a few (relatively) easy to take down top planets just sitting there day after day and no-one seems to care. Same thing applies to galaxy ranking, at least 2 gals are still in it yet no-one is hitting either. I'd like a good fight for these two rankings just like there is one for alliance ranking

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 18:50   #586
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
If CT/Omen/ND manage to work together to consistently hit asc and the first alliance bashed puts up with it, asc will have to change targets when the roidgain/XP gets thin.
I doubt we would, to be quite honest. In wartime, applying pressure at a single point is the best strategy. Some alliances pick the weakest alliance as that one point. Taking this approach has a higher chance of success (of course), but what you'll end up with is the same block, minus the weakest alliance; an improvement, sure, but not an earthshattering event. On the other hand, though it's harder to do, there's a good chance the entire block will evaporate when when the strongest alliance in it breaks down.

Beside it being a strategic mistake to either divide your attention among the entire block or forcus your attention on anything but the strongest alliance in it, it is also not How We Roll. In war, roids and XP mean very little compared to systematic value destruction.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 19:26   #587
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
And as open warfare becomes more intense, a shocking new tactic has been adopted by a couple of alliances:

Looking at a few breps, it seems that CT are desperately attempting to prevent a ND win by furiously donating salvage to Asc, while Omen donate salvage to ND to try and outfox Asc and CT!

Kudos to these alliances for thinking outside the box!
I'm nominating this for post of the round
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 19:45   #588
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
I'd vote on it!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 21:08   #589
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I doubt we would, to be quite honest. In wartime, applying pressure at a single point is the best strategy. Some alliances pick the weakest alliance as that one point. Taking this approach has a higher chance of success (of course), but what you'll end up with is the same block, minus the weakest alliance; an improvement, sure, but not an earthshattering event. On the other hand, though it's harder to do, there's a good chance the entire block will evaporate when when the strongest alliance in it breaks down.

Beside it being a strategic mistake to either divide your attention among the entire block or forcus your attention on anything but the strongest alliance in it, it is also not How We Roll. In war, roids and XP mean very little compared to systematic value destruction.
There's not much time left, so completely obliterating an alliance isn't really that important. Just keeping up a larger scoregain than both of the other contenders.

Ascendancy would talk big and threaten to punish one alliance until the end of the round but it wouldn't make sense; you'd be seriously stunting your own growth and letting another alliance catch up on you.

Unless the catching-up alliance is incompetent, then you'd have to switch fire.
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 21:56   #590
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like how Gate oh-so-studiously ignored golan's not-so-subtle threat after gate oh-so-carefully implied a continuation of the warfare which has seen him and his gal rise to a clear #1 would be in everyone's best interests!
Unread 18 Mar 2009, 23:33   #591
Gate
;D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
I like how Gate oh-so-studiously ignored golan's not-so-subtle threat after gate oh-so-carefully implied a continuation of the warfare which has seen him and his gal rise to a clear #1 would be in everyone's best interests!
I think it would be in ND/CT's best interests... if they're aiming for round win. And Omen would probably be happy to give someone other than Asc a chance.

DLR have done well out of the fighting and would do well if it continues, sure. But whilst hitting us might give some planets a good individual score boost, it only makes sense if the attackers think they've won already, or have decided to give in.
Unread 19 Mar 2009, 00:43   #592
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey man I'm not criticising, I'm just pointing out the hilarity of it all
Unread 19 Mar 2009, 01:15   #593
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Hey man I'm not criticising, I'm just pointing out the hilarity of it all
It really was not that funny... What was funnier, was the first post in this epic thread!

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2009, 01:21   #594
JonnyBGood
Banned

Humour is very much a relative affair. Impartiality, unfortunately, is not.
Unread 19 Mar 2009, 13:30   #595
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

the overall feeling amongst my members in omen atm is that we should let someone else than asc win this round.

However, we aint gonna be putting any effort into making that happen before ND realise their own mistake and correct it.

You know where to find me

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2009, 14:54   #596
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
the overall feeling amongst my members in omen atm is that we should let someone else than asc win this round.

However, we aint gonna be putting any effort into making that happen before ND realise their own mistake and correct it.

What you should really say (in the ASC threatening way). I'm sorry ASC we've decided to take you down with us.
It'd be ironic if that was to happen since that's the fear tactic that ASC have used for rounds.

PLZ PLZ PLZ ND sort yourselves out and accept this olive branch. AND PLZ CT join the fun
Unread 19 Mar 2009, 15:26   #597
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post

Good post, you bring an interesting bargaining chip to the table. Good luck with that.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Mar 2009, 16:30   #598
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
What you should really say (in the ASC threatening way). I'm sorry ASC we've decided to take you down with us.
It'd be ironic if that was to happen since that's the fear tactic that ASC have used for rounds.

PLZ PLZ PLZ ND sort yourselves out and accept this olive branch. AND PLZ CT join the fun

Didn't Omen already try that?
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 10:27   #599
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo View Post
I have to give Steiny most of the credit for that post!

His theme, my flowery paraphrasing skills!
Could have been worse, Barrow might have used it first!
HRH_H_Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2009, 18:38   #600
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

So guys after suffering a brain haemorrhage after page 3, and passing out for several hours, i've finally come around and decided rather than risk suffering aids of the brain, i'll just ask, what is your crack?