User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2004, 21:37   #1
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
roid free gaming

gigglesome idea for a quick round of fun

roids produce no income, maybe give a little score but to all intents and purposes are irrelevant. every planet is given a set amount of resources per tick

way to win is to beat your opponent's fleets in to the ground.

would work better if news scans were disabled

would also solve problems with farming \o/

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2004, 21:55   #2
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: roid free gaming

Doesn't seem like there'd much incentive to attack. With income-producing roids, you can risk ships to gain roids that will pay off later. With no payoff, attacking becomes a lose-lose proposition (yeah, I can kill your fleet but I'll take losses too), or at best, a lose-break even proposition. The player who avoids combat the most will then have the biggest fleet.

Maybe with honor scoring you can give players some reasonable incentive to attack.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2004, 10:24   #3
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all
Re: roid free gaming

*shrugs*

was just something i randomly made up. if thought was put in to the implimentation it could be a good giggle

tho, your attacking being a loss for loss affair implies there's no thought whatsoever been put in to fleet composition, and that people are just attacking 1 vs 1, neither of which i can imagine being true

-mist
Unread 21 May 2004, 14:04   #4
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: roid free gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
tho, your attacking being a loss for loss affair implies there's no thought whatsoever been put in to fleet composition, and that people are just attacking 1 vs 1, neither of which i can imagine being true
Well I did mention a lose-break even scenario; with a proper fleet (large and/or not targeted) you might not take any losses. Still not seeing much of an upside though.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 08:37   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i have pity for the cathaar though - with the objective of killing a fleet, EMP looses its supreme greatness :\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2004, 09:06   #6
Cayl

Cayl has a spectacular aura aboutCayl has a spectacular aura about

Heh

I thought maybe you meant a planet that did nothing but research the resource and mining trees and never goes roiding. Could be an interesting scenario
Unread 22 May 2004, 09:19   #7
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
i have pity for the cathaar though - with the objective of killing a fleet, EMP looses its supreme greatness :\
dunno, used properly a cathaar could find themselves with a lot of friends

-mist
Unread 23 May 2004, 16:42   #8
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist
dunno, used properly a cathaar could find themselves with a lot of friends

-mist
Perhaps, but it wouldnt stop them from being at the bottom of the scorechart - you dont get score for being a nice bloke in this game...

And i think Tactitus is right (omg!!) insofar as there being an incentive for fleets to be killed, but no incentive for YOU to risk YOUR fleet (and/or get some units killed) to kill somone else's as only those not participating in the conflict would benefit.

Would that lead to stagantion?

Perhaps if you lost your ships if they were home more for than 6 ticks or something
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 May 2004, 19:02   #9
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

So if I manage to run my fleet whenever I am attacked, I win?

Itd have to be like when you "destroy" a planet you get his income too...well you take his planet or someone. There you got an idea for a new game.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote