User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 11 Jun 2007, 17:19   #1
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
For the Love on Moses

I need a job. I don't care what I do. Actually, that's not true. I do care what I do and I want to do something which is either

1) enjoyable, challenging and fulfilling spiritually
2) a menial desk job with minimum human interaction

It seems that every job I go to apply for requires experiance. the number of jobs I look at and think 'I could do that, no problem!' until I get to the end and it says 'experiance essential' or words to that effect. Does that put me off? No! Do I ever get an interview? No! Do I every get a rejection letter? Only off the council!

Needless to say this can get very irritating and has actually led me to being unemployed for what is essentially a year. the only thing that annoys me more than this supposed experiance everyon else seems to magically have is the fact that everyone I know and everyone with whom I come into contact in regards to my employment seems to say 'how come you havn't got a job? You've got a degree!'. the number of times I have managed to swallow down the anger (which will probably give me cancer or a stroke) this instills in me is unimaginable, alongside that being unemployed is now what defines me.

Every conversation comes around eventually to 'how's the job search going?' as if I would keep it to myself if I managed to get a job, or even an interview. It's not so bad with friends as this is just one topic of conversation of many, the main irritant comes from neighbours and family members who always ask about it straight away and then reply by either giving weak words of comfort (aww well, something will come along sooner or later) or using it to go on some half-hearted rant about things generally being shit.

But I digress, for whilst this rant has been somewhat satisfying I have something else to rant about which has been directly brought about my my chronic inability to find employment. this my friends, is what is called Full-Time Education and Training, or F.T.E.T. for short.

I would give you an explaination of what it is but I am currently unaware of any of the details and I hope to keep it that way for as long as possible so as to suspend all of the horrors which I shall soon be faced. All I am aware of is that it is a 13-week course to help ou with it skills and writing a CV, both of which I can do. It also promises me work experiance, although I'm not sure how 13 weeks of mandatory work experiance from the Job Centre will look on my CV. Oh yes, I forgot to mention, t is mandatory. If I do not go I shall recieve no money. I have to be there from 9:30am until 4:00pm Monday to thursday and 9:20 am until 2:00pm on Friday. At this moment in time I honestly cannot think of what I shall be doing there for all that time.

In the next 13 weeks I shall have a maximum of five days off. this is where this becomes less of an annoyance and more of an infringement on my life. this course will take me into September, to not attend is a seriously major hassle (you cannot imagine how inefficiant and ((what I believe to be )) purposely demoralising and frustrating the whole system is). Unless I find a job (which I honestly can't see me doing, EVER) I shall have to go through the problems which result of me dropping out. For you see, I have tickets to go to the Reading Festival ('if you've made holiday plans you'd better cancel them quickly', he said) and I'll be damned if I'm going to miss that event for this is life-draining exercise.

So that brings me to the end of my tale. What bands do you recommend I see at Reading?

Beat that tk! *

*As much as I would love for that to be the ultimate ending for this story I still have some resentment I need to spew. this one goes out to my teacher and my class-mates. Oh yes, it's like being back in school except every lesson is PSE and twice and useless.

I would like to begin with a few words about my teacher. For all intents and purposes he is the teacher but in reality he only has the job 'because he completed the course' we were doing. We recieved this information off an angry young man who was also taking the course, between the both of them there was a definate air of 'I hope you die a slow and painful death'. Due to this hatred he is incredibly uptight and annoying. In fact, there is not one thing that doesn't cut right down to the bone.

Firstly, his voice. It is annoying, almost a lisp, he is not very clear but seems to insist on reading everything aloud to the room. Also, he has facial hair. What you might call a goatee, except it is unkempt. It is whispy and the little bit under his bottom chin is thinly-spread and rather long. Facial hair is bad enough at the best of times, but this is undescribably bad. Now, I would freely admit that I am not the best dresser and I have literally no fashion sense but this guy is beyond. He wore a grey/silver shirt from Burtons with a dragon design (which ou imagine would be worn on a night-out or something) with a kind of multi-coloured tie with very thing, horizontal lines of colour that must have been made out of pure evil. His trousers were fine, standard black trousers (if you can't get that right then all hope is lost.) Another little habit he had was that he would constantly pace the room. this in itself was fine, what was not fine was the fact that his shoes squeeked. Every step he took went through me and I very nearly stabbed someone to death with a ball-point pen. It was either going to be him or me and I really didn't mind which.

I would like to end with a quick comment on my class-mates. they all seem tidy enough, except for one who has a angry bad-attitude and makes the atmosphere bad rather than the genial, farcical air that exists without him. they all seem unremarkable, although I've not really interacted with them. that's not quite true, I've spoken to one of them.

I came back from dinner (12pm-1pm, wtf?) at 12:58 and he was already in the room. Having been too far into the room to leave by the time I saw him I decided to sit down and force small-talk. having no knowledge of each other or likes and dislike we bonded over the only thing we knew we had in common, contempt for the course. So we mocked a little bit and I eventually found out he was 23 (24 sometime in August) and I thought 'oh, he's in almost exactly the same position as I'm in, only one year on.' that, I don't mind telling you was a big mistake. to make that psychological connection was to bring a downfall when he made the comment. the next words out of his mouth were 'my life has just wasted away'. this terrified me that in one year I could be this guy, doing another pointless exercise and wasting more time until I realised, I already had one up on this guy there's no way he's been unemployed longer than I have.

thankfully, I had no need to follow up this train of thought as a woman came into the room (we were still the only ones to have returned) and asked for our CVs. I said I didn't have a copy on me, hshe said to bring it in tomorrow and that we could both go home. Why she couldn't have told use that at 12pm and saved me hanging around for an hour is beyond me. But I suppose that's just symbolic of the ineffectual nature of local government.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 17:55   #2
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: For the Love on Moses

I seriously don't understand how you cannot find a job.

I don't mean to sound blunt or rude, but if you actually wanted a job you could find one. It isn't difficult. Just get a crappy one at your local cinema or something for a stopgap, while you look for something else.

I can only think that deepdown, you have a horrible fear of working properly and so find excuses or reasons to not work - resulting on you applying to jobs which you pretty much know you won't get. Which is pretty shit.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 17:56   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

So, you just finished uni or what?
It also took me 2 or 3 months to find a job after I finished my education, and I have to say it was the second most horrible time of my life (the most horrible one directly followed: my first job).

I guess you send in your CV with your application, and they turn you down on your experience only? Can't you add something on your CV, like stuff that you do/did in your spare time and is related to your field of study? Doing graphics/game programming in my spare time greatly helped me finding a job. And if you really have no experience you have to sell yourself. Like put in those letters that you are a quick learner and you have the greatest confidence you can learn and adapt to their company with the greatest of ease. You're a product man! SELL YOURSELF!
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 18:08   #4
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I seriously don't understand how you cannot find a job.

I don't mean to sound blunt or rude, but if you actually wanted a job you could find one. It isn't difficult. Just get a crappy one at your local cinema or something for a stopgap, while you look for something else.

I can only think that deepdown, you have a horrible fear of working properly and so find excuses or reasons to not work - resulting on you applying to jobs which you pretty much know you won't get. Which is pretty shit.
Wow. You really should be a psychologist or something. that was really insightful! that's why I was rejected from working in Iceland, I just didn't want to work! God, it's like you've just reached into my mind and extracted my inner consiousness. It's all so obvious now! I love living at home with no money and no social life in a shity little town which I despise to my very core. God, it's all so clear to me noe. God, tk you should watch out of the government they will want to cut up your brain and run tests on it to discover the secret to your mind-reading skills. Super!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
So, you just finished uni or what?
It also took me 2 or 3 months to find a job after I finished my education, and I have to say it was the second most horrible time of my life (the most horrible one directly followed: my first job).

I guess you send in your CV with your application, and they turn you down on your experience only? Can't you add something on your CV, like stuff that you do/did in your spare time and is related to your field of study? Doing graphics/game programming in my spare time greatly helped me finding a job. And if you really have no experience you have to sell yourself. Like put in those letters that you are a quick learner and you have the greatest confidence you can learn and adapt to their company with the greatest of ease. You're a product man! SELL YOURSELF!
I finished university a year ago. I have no field of study. there is nothing I particularly want to do so I have aplied for everything, without sucess.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 19:19   #5
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
I finished university a year ago. I have no field of study. there is nothing I particularly want to do so I have aplied for everything, without sucess.
You finished uni, so you must have graduated for something. So, what is it? What are you good at?
Perhaps your problem is that you don't want anything in particular. So what do you put in those letters? "I am applying because I have nothing to do" ?
Sorry man, I get a bit ticked off from people who don't know what they want to do or don't care what they do. My lil' brother is like that. He works in a factory, never finished an education, and complains sometimes and mentions he "might want to go back to school" and when I ask him why he doesn't and what he wants to study he gets all grumpy and says "I don't know, I don't care" and walks away. He's not stupid or anything, but damn... how are you supposed to work with people like that other than putting them next to a conveyor belt.

I'm telling you this, it's an attitude problem and a lack of self-knowledge. Get to know yourself. Get to know what you like. Get to know what you want to do for the coming three years. Gettting what you want begins with knowing what you want.
Do you want to work in a factory? Do you want to work in an office? Do you want to fill out forms as a job? Do you want to go back to university? Do you want to drive a truck? Do you want to join the army? As a civilian? Do you want to learn IT stuff? Do you want to learn bookkeeping?
What do you want? Get your act together and know what you want!
And if YOU know what YOU want, you can convince others it's a good idea to invest in you and teach you what you want. No one wants to invest in someone who has no idea what he wants.

So take a look around you, your family, friends. Is any of them doing something that you want to do? Do you kind of envy someone for doing a particular kind of job? I am sure there is someone!
How did they get there? Where did they start? Can you start there too? Or can you skip a few steps and be as successfull as them but in less time?

So get your things together, take a look around, and find something you want, something to aim for, something to work for. To get what you want.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 19:32   #6
All Systems Go

Quote:
You finished uni, so you must have graduated for something. So, what is it? What are you good at?
Perhaps your problem is that you don't want anything in particular. So what do you put in those letters? "I am applying because I have nothing to do" ?
Sorry man, I get a bit ticked off from people who don't know what they want to do or don't care what they do. My lil' brother is like that. He works in a factory, never finished an education, and complains sometimes and mentions he "might want to go back to school" and when I ask him why he doesn't and what he wants to study he gets all grumpy and says "I don't know, I don't care" and walks away. He's not stupid or anything, but damn... how are you supposed to work with people like that other than putting them next to a conveyor belt.

I'm telling you this, it's an attitude problem and a lack of self-knowledge. Get to know yourself. Get to know what you like. Get to know what you want to do for the coming three years. Gettting what you want begins with knowing what you want.
Do you want to work in a factory? Do you want to work in an office? Do you want to fill out forms as a job? Do you want to go back to university? Do you want to drive a truck? Do you want to join the army? As a civilian? Do you want to learn IT stuff? Do you want to learn bookkeeping?
What do you want? Get your act together and know what you want!
And if YOU know what YOU want, you can convince others it's a good idea to invest in you and teach you what you want. No one wants to invest in someone who has no idea what he wants.

So take a look around you, your family, friends. Is any of them doing something that you want to do? Do you kind of envy someone for doing a particular kind of job? I am sure there is someone!
How did they get there? Where did they start? Can you start there too? Or can you skip a few steps and be as successfull as them but in less time?

So get your things together, take a look around, and find something you want, something to aim for, something to work for. To get what you want.
I studied history which doesn't lend itself to any jo particularly, except museum work. the only problem with that is that there is pretty much only one museum in the area and it's not hiring. I keep a look out.

In those letters I put whatever I need to put, just try and be generally enthusiastic about whatever it is I'm applying for.

At the moment I have decided to go back to uni (there's a couple of threads around telling you about it) but I'm not sure that's going to happen. When I left uni I wanted a temporary job until I figured out what I wanted to do, so I had money to move if necessary. Clearly, this did not happen. I'm going to leave it there, no-one wants to read about it again I certainly don't want to type it again and there are plenty of threads with the information contained within.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 19:43   #7
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Wow. You really should be a psychologist or something. that was really insightful! that's why I was rejected from working in Iceland, I just didn't want to work! God, it's like you've just reached into my mind and extracted my inner consiousness. It's all so obvious now! I love living at home with no money and no social life in a shity little town which I despise to my very core. God, it's all so clear to me noe. God, tk you should watch out of the government they will want to cut up your brain and run tests on it to discover the secret to your mind-reading skills. Super!
Maybe you could get a job in being a cynical sarcastic internet poster

I simply don't understand HOW you can't find a job. Are you sure your CV isn't appalling shit or something? I mean how do you get rejected from a job at Iceland?

Don't make fun of the pseudo-psycho-bollocks. If you hate it so much then why are you spending your spare time going to Reading (i thought you had no money...?) and dossing round on the net? You quit that job with the conveyor belts after 2 days because you thought you were better than it.

Put simply, you think that just because you have a degree that the world OWES you a job and OWES you some money for this. That isn't how it works, sunshine. Put some effort into it.

What did you do today to find a job? What did you do yesterday? What will you do tomorrow? Set some targets, for chrissakes. And decide what you want to do with your life. Even work experience isn't such a bad idea.

PS the "history doesnt lend itself to anything" is a load of crap. you have a degree, which is universal for saying "i have qualifications". it doesn't have to be specialised.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:05   #8
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I simply don't understand HOW you can't find a job. Are you sure your CV isn't appalling shit or something? I mean how do you get rejected from a job at Iceland?

Don't make fun of the pseudo-psycho-bollocks. If you hate it so much then why are you spending your spare time going to Reading (i thought you had no money...?) and dossing round on the net? You quit that job with the conveyor belts after 2 days because you thought you were better than it.

Put simply, you think that just because you have a degree that the world OWES you a job and OWES you some money for this. That isn't how it works, sunshine. Put some effort into it.

What did you do today to find a job? What did you do yesterday? What will you do tomorrow? Set some targets, for chrissakes. And decide what you want to do with your life. Even work experience isn't such a bad idea.

PS the "history doesnt lend itself to anything" is a load of crap. you have a degree, which is universal for saying "i have qualifications". it doesn't have to be specialised.
I pretty much agree with this entire post and would like to add this:
If you can't find a job that matches your degree, don't sit on your ass and wait to find one, do some temporary work, do a shitjob for a couple of months, anything really.
If you apply for a job and they see on your cv that you've been doing absolutly nothing for the last year they'll probably won't hire you no matter how good it might look or what degree you have.

I can agree that you don't want to work on a conveyer belt, thats fine, shitloads of people don't want to, but there are tons of jobs out there.
If you want to get a job, you can!
Depends on how "low" you're willing to go

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:11   #9
All Systems Go

Quote:

I have had people check my CV. It is fine. I got rejected from Iceland in a similar manner I got rejected from delivering pizzas for Domino.

I could be a cynical internet poster, my only problem is it only kicks in to gear when I am being called a liar. I admit that this situation is highly unlikely, but if you spent a day with me you would probably see it is entirely in keeping with my character.

I really want a job if only for materialistic posessions. My laptop screen (which I am using rigt now) has vertical lines of varying colour and thickness running down and it makes reading things rather difficult and watching things essentially impossible. I would like to get it fixed. As well as my keyboard and my new power charger which also seems to be malfunctioning. that's not to mention a half-decent decent guitar.

Quote:
What has going to Reading got to do with you talking out of your arse? I used all of the money I had 'saved up' to buy it. that basically means that instead of my bank balance being -£100 it went closer to the -£300 limit.

I quit that job after two days because on the second day I got really ill and was particularly bad for the following week. If you recall, I actually did not mind the job and was looking forward to recieving a pay-check, which incidently I've not yet recieved.

Quote:

Oh wow, again with the psychic powers! I have applied for an awful lot of jobs, but then you would already know that becuase you're in my MIND.

targets? What targets? Apart from 'applying for loads of jobs' what other targets are there? It doesn't matter what I want to do with my life, it's not as if that will somehow magically get me a job stacking shelves at tesco!

I would like some work experiance. In fact, I went to a load of temping agencies to get some work, so far nothing. I contacted a load of volunteer agencies, so far nothing. Although I didn't really realise the potential for volunteering until a few months ago, which really limits my options somewhat.

Quote:
that was in direct reference to the 'what did you study' question and it doesn't, it won't help me find a job to focus on getting. I hope you realise that I DO put it on my CV, so it's not like I'm hiding it or something, but it really doesn't seem to be helping me at the moment.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:13   #10
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I pretty much agree with this entire post and would like to add this:
If you can't find a job that matches your degree, don't sit on your ass and wait to find one, do some temporary work, do a shitjob for a couple of months, anything really.
If you apply for a job and they see on your cv that you've been doing absolutly nothing for the last year they'll probably won't hire you no matter how good it might look or what degree you have.

I can agree that you don't want to work on a conveyer belt, thats fine, shitloads of people don't want to, but there are tons of jobs out there.
If you want to get a job, you can!
Depends on how "low" you're willing to go
Oh wow! I honestly thought tk had mastered 'talking out of your arse 101' in this thread, but then you came along and just blew the mother away.

Never even saw it coming.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:15   #11
Tomkat

If your only incentive for earning some money is to fix your computer screen and buy a new guitar, no wonder you aren't trying very hard.

Name the last 20 places you've applied for and been rejected from.
Have you followed it up and asked why you didn't get the job?
Have you taken steps to fix this reason for your rejection?
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:15   #12
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Is there a charity shop in your shitty little town? If so i'd volunteer to work there a day or two a week if i were you. They'll take you. The benefits of this are it shows that you're employable (and possibly "nice"). A day or so a week shouldn't really cut into your "doing nothing" phase (fair enough you're at this course 5 days a week but still ...).

Also part of the reason the course is so shit is probably to force you into work (as the lesser of two evils).
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:17   #13
You Are Gay

You Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet societyYou Are Gay is a pillar of this Internet society

Hmmm seems i was beaten whilst i was reading and typing. Oh well.

Post your CV here though (you can take out personal shit) so we can critique it.
You Are Gay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:24   #14
All Systems Go

Quote:
If your only incentive for earning some money is to fix your computer screen and buy a new guitar, no wonder you aren't trying very hard.

Name the last 20 places you've applied for and been rejected from.
Have you followed it up and asked why you didn't get the job?
Have you taken steps to fix this reason for your rejection?
Now you're just trolling.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 20:42   #15
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh wow! I honestly thought tk had mastered 'talking out of your arse 101' in this thread, but then you came along and just blew the mother away.

Never even saw it coming.
Atleast me & tk mastered "getting a job 101" while you only mastered "sarcasm for beginners 101"

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 21:08   #16
Tomkat

Quote:
Now you're just trolling.
I'm honestly not.

Have you followed up on any of these rejections to find out their reasons? If not, why not? How do you hope to improve/fix it if you don't find out their reasons in the first place?

(PS if this is your attitude to criticism then how do you expect to find a job? You made this thread - did you expect everyone to agree with you about how difficult it is to find work today? We won't - because it isn't)
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 21:09   #17
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

why don't you move somewhere with higher employment/more options?
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 21:14   #18
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
why don't you move somewhere with higher employment/more options?
He's part of the problem the European Union is currently experiencing - lack of labour mobility. Because of his friends (he has some right?), family, roots, and so on he's reclutant to move from where he lives now, and thus contributes into problems the monetary union is facing at the moment.

But technically, because UK isn't a part of the Euro system, it's really not our problem as much as yours.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 21:18   #19
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
He's part of the problem the European Union is currently experiencing - lack of labour mobility. Because of his friends (he has some right?), family, roots, and so on he's reclutant to move from where he lives now, and thus contributes into problems the monetary union is facing at the moment.

But technically, because UK isn't a part of the Euro system, it's really not our problem as much as yours.
Yes.

Clearly ASG can not get a job because the UK has not signed up to a single European currency.

You are a genius and those who refer to you as an "emarrassment to retarded spastic everywhere" are wrong
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 21:27   #20
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

No no, it's not because of that. The fact regarding labour mobility stands even inside UK. Pretty much everywhere, to be honest.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 22:56   #21
Tomkat

If you refuse to move, even though you can't find work where you are, it's more to do with being ****ing stubborn than to do with the Euro vs UK
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 23:09   #22
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I will tell you why you aren't getting a job at places like Iceland.

It's because you are over qualified and you aren't going to be working there for the next 5 years.

Why would I as a manager, employ a history graduate to stock shelves? Why would I spend money training him? Why would I risk my autonmy by having someone intelligent around to question me? Why would I have a thinker in the team who could disrupt group moral by trying to be a leader, not a follower.

If you want to work at a supermarket, they don't want you to have a degree, they want you to be working there for the next 20 years, be friendly and see your job as the greatest thing sinced sliced bread.

Firstly, you are going about this the whole way.

It's boring. You come on here one minute saying how you are stone broke, can't find a job etc. Next minute you have a job. Next minute you are to good for it etc etc.

Getting a job isn't as hard as you make out. It's effort. Make looking for a job your full time activity.

What interests you? Could you do a sales job? Could you do IT support? Have you considered teaching in japan or korea for a year? There are many things out there. For now why don't you go into a Reed or Pertemps and get yourself a temp job. It's not difficult and the pay is decent.

If they ask you what have you done for the past year, this is the most crucial part.

Do not, under any circumstances, say you have been unemployed.

You must lie. You must say you have been travelling for a year. Choose a route, do some research on it, ie SE Asia and when you go to an interview you can talk about it.

This kills a few birds with one stone. Firstly it explains your lack of work experience since you left uni. Secondly travelling the world is looked upon as a real achievement. That is as good as work experience. Finally it doesn't make you look like a failure (not that you are, you have a good 45 years of working life left in front of you).
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 23:22   #23
All Systems Go

Well isn't this nice? We seemed to have wandered into some mystical world where people can just make shit up and repeat it until it becomes true. It's like working for Fox News. Fantastic!

So far we've decided:

1) I was too good for the one job I had
2) I've not gone to a shitload of agencies to get work
3) I've decided I'm not going to leave my home under any circumstances
4) this thread was something other than me wanting to describe the hideous outfit of my 'teacher' and my Reading 'dilemma'
5) I'm not actually trying very hard to find work
6) I don't value a degree enough to put it on my CV

If you want to add anything, just post it here and I'll add it to the list. At the end of the year we can add it to the GD Almanac 2007.
Unread 11 Jun 2007, 23:36   #24
Tomkat

Quote:
1) I was too good for the one job I had
You're the one who left it instead of asking for a mask or something.

Quote:
2) I've not gone to a shitload of agencies to get work
Well you obviously haven't been to enough.

Quote:
3) I've decided I'm not going to leave my home under any circumstances
Noone has said that... although if you want to bring that up, you have been bumming around there unemployed for the best part of a year. So we're drawing our own assumptions.

Quote:
4) this thread was something other than me wanting to describe the hideous outfit of my 'teacher' and my Reading 'dilemma'
Call in sick.

Quote:
5) I'm not actually trying very hard to find work
Well if you haven't reached your target (Find a job) then you need to try harder to reach your target. Etc.

Quote:
6) I don't value a degree enough to put it on my CV
Where did anyone say that?

Quote:
If you want to add anything, just post it here and I'll add it to the list. At the end of the year we can add it to the GD Almanac 2007.
Ok how about "moaning on the internet and procrastinating instead of phoning companies up directly and asking for work experience/employment". It's all very well getting consultants to pass the buck to, but you should take the iniative yourself.
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 00:51   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Pig is right - you are being rejected from some of your jobs because they think (quite rightly I would imagine) that you would leave them as soon as something else came along (or simply quit in despair after a few weeks). We recently advertised for a temp and of the CVs that we were sent the most qualified two candidates were both discounted by both myself and the other person selecting them.

I was rejected by both Safeways and Ryman's the Stationers in my initial attempt to find a job. This is either because I failed the Safeway's test (you had to add up three items in an example basket) or because they thought that I might not be in for the long haul.

Either stop applying for those type of jobs or tailor your CV to suit them.

Ask every single person you/your family know if their office would appreciate some (unpaid if necessary) assistance in filing / light admin work as others have noted. If you really need to (although I doubt it's necessary) you can lie a bit, no-one's going to phone up your Uncle Jim to ask if you helped out in his shop for three months.

If that's not your bag, undertake some kind of project by yourself to help you gain confidence/experience in a given area. You're into politics, right? Well, stand outside a local supermarket, ask twenty people their views on a random issue, write them down and that way when people ask what you've been doing lately you've got an exciting project to discuss which helped gain face-to-face people skills, as well as experience in managing paperwork, motivating yourself and so on.

Also, apply at call-centres (directly) even if they're not advertising for new staff. They have terrible turnover as I've said before and always be looking for new staff. Most places accept people with zero experience.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 01:05   #26
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

you know ASG you never actually did produce that list of your last twenty rejections. If your degree is good you should go for graduate training stuff, if it's bad you go for a library or something. How many agencies have you contacted? How many have you regularly followed up? As long as you are posting threads moaning about your lack of job and then getting shirty when people try to work out what you've actually done to deal with the problem you will come across as a complacent **** and frankly I refuse to accept there's anywhere in the United Kingdom where the job centre are going to say 'nope, sorry, nobody wants anybody to do any job from graduate level downwards'.
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 01:58   #27
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I think you should post your CV, take the contact details out and let people have a look, what harm can it do ? You have a whole forum of nit pickers who will gladly bolster their ego to help you improve it. A lot of people have posted some good advice especially Dante and pig, you really do have to make something up to cover a year out even if it is doing your own research. Unemployment is like a bog the longer you’re there the harder it becomes to get away, the valleys are full of people who’ve been attending those courses since the Miner’s Strike ended

About being over qualified, I know tons of people who went into super market work and bar work after university in order to pay for travelling, I refuse to believe it's impossible.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 09:42   #28
Tomkat

It amused me when I was asked what I'd been doing for a year in my time off work a few months ago.

"Fighting cancer." was the simple reply*.

They shuffled their papers a bit, and no more was said on the matter.

*i'm exaggerating, i was terribly nice about it in reality and broke them in gently explaining what had happened. i wish i had the balls to be so offish though!
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 10:03   #29
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
You're a product man! SELL YOURSELF!
"I'm not a businessman,
I'm a business, man!"

Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 11:02   #30
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

I'm almost sure you already posted this somewhere, but either I forgot or I didn't read it. Have you asked your classmates (from uni) what jobs they got with your degree?
I know in Belgium it's pretty hard to get a job with a history degree that has much to do with history. During a summerjob a few years ago there was this guy in a bookstore that was in charge of the history (and some other) books that had a history degree from university, but I don't know any other people with that degree.
Maybe you should get in touch with your former classmates (if you haven't already) and get them to suggest a few places for you?
Anyway, if I'm advising stuff you already did just ignore me.
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 11:31   #31
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

you do realize that with history you can do all sorts of 'analists' jobs?
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 13:14   #32
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I don't know if someone has said this, but if you need a reference ASG I am happy to provide one. Either you can have worked for a film company or my phony consultancy. You can put anything that seems appropriate on your CV now.

This surely is ace ... and this is why this world still turns and turns ...
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 15:46   #33
The General8
NOT a yuppie....yet

The General8 is infamous around these partsThe General8 is infamous around these parts

Burger king? Maccers? KFC?

do you drive?

you could be a pizza delivery dude or a courier or such

Better than having no money

Quote:
Originally posted by an anon neg-repper

all your posts are shit. it's like a more accurate turbonegro song
i post on a internet forum!
The General8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2007, 16:22   #34
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
you do realize that with history you can do all sorts of 'analists' jobs?
Odd... whenever I read Theam's posts, and he uses funny words like "analist", I always seem to put the intonation in the wrong places.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 01:45   #35
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

You've probably done this a thousand times already, but I'd keep applying for jobs with high staff-turnover. They won't care a jot if you seem 'over-qualified' etc.

Consider trying for jobs at call-centres. They will all say they require 'call centre experience'. This is false. To use a massive generalisation, most of their applicants will have never spoken on a telephone before.

Some inbound call-centres are a little bit picky. Perhaps try lowering yourself to doing outbound telemarketing. It is hell, but it pays rather well I hear.
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 02:57   #36
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

One of my friends started working at an embassy after getting his master in history. It's idiotic that you think you can't do anything with your master. The master itself might not qualify you to do anything, but the experience you can get from jobs that are open to you will. The fact that you might start out useless shouldn't be your concern. Just apply where you can.

The best thing to look for is a job where they offer a traineeship. You usually don't need any experience for such jobs and they tend to lead higher up instead of down.

Doing some proper preparation before you apply also works miracles. I doubt that you've been enthusiastic about getting a job towards the recruiters so far. Just make something up to fill the gaps, make a world trip, participate in a sportsevent that noone cares about or ask someone if he wants to cover you. Just take Spud's example.

Last edited by Alessio; 13 Jun 2007 at 03:51.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 11:43   #37
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio
One of my friends started working at an embassy after getting his master in history.
Out of curiosity, how exactly do you go about getting a job at an embassy?
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 13:58   #38
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Through the ministry of foreign affairs. Often you can also apply directly but then you might get a different kind of job.

Last edited by Alessio; 13 Jun 2007 at 14:09.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2007, 19:41   #39
Yahwe
I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
that depends on your nation.

Ours is not an option for the vast majority of people (i include myself) because diplomacy is our countries greatest strength/obsession.

In contrast I know and love the ambassador from a scandinavian nation to an atlantic nation and the standards there are lesser.