User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 2 Jan 2006, 18:05   #1
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Goodbye Croydon... Hello Manchester!

Ok, I'm still gonna be in Croydon until the end of February but it's feeling quite close at the moment and I suppose I'm going to have to look for somewhere to live up there quite soon...

For those that don't know... I'm doing a management training course which involves 4 6 month placements. My next (2nd) one is in Stockport (Greater Manchester) doing Environmental implementation or something...

Anyway, There are a number of points to this thread:

1. Places to live. I've found a number around the Didsbury area which look rather good. I'm not sure I want to live in Manchester itself as I imagine it would be a bit of a bastard to get to and from work in rush hour... I want to live in a nice area where I can park my car without worrying about it...
I've had some advice on this but more is always good

2. Does anyone know anything about ISO14001? As that is what I will be implementing...

3. Who lives in Manchester and will be up for a few drinks sometime once I'm up there?

4. (most importantly) Who would be up for a "goodbye Croydon" meet up thing in February? It'd be nice to meet up with everyone again before I go
Specifically T&F, Dante, SBolly, Skiddy, Blasto, Tomkat, Yahwe etc but also anyone else who would like to come too (from slightly further away there's minty, pig, midge5 etc)
So yeh, what do you think?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 18:23   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Goodbye Croydon... Hello Manchester!

I might be able to incorporate a trip to Manchester with a visit home to watch Rovers one weekend, especially if you are heading to 5th Ave. I could combine it with seeing some other mates actually, this is sounding like a good plan.

Anyway, Manchester is a brilliant city, you'll love it. I dont know Didsbury, i'm only really familiar with the student areas around curry mile. There's some nice places up and around Ashton-Under-Lyne, but the M60 is a bastard in rush hour so that'll be a bit far from Stockport. Actually my Dad works in Stockport occasionly, i'll ask him what traffic is like, it might give you an idea of how far away you can live and be within reasonable driving distance.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 18:26   #3
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
2. Does anyone know anything about ISO14001? As that is what I will be implementing...
Isn't it a British Standard to do with the environoment. People put it on things so other firms think they're good. A step up from ISO9000 (manufacturing) and ISO9001 (service). That's my understanding of it anyway, but if that's true I guess you already knew that.

Where are you for your 3rd and 4th placements?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 18:31   #4
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

cheers JC

Stew - no idea where my final two placements will be.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 19:01   #5
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

Didsbury won't be too bad for Stockport if you dont mind going round the ring road (I have no idea what that part is like, but I think in rush hour its pretty nasty). Its still a little studenty there (the richer ones though) and quite pleasant, for Manchester. Withington, just up the road, is a major student haunt, and also fairly nice. From there you can easily bus to the city centre as well for nights out.

The A6 (the only real part of Stockport I have seen) is a git in rush hour as it is the main route into Manchester for those living in the southerly part of the Peaks. Id suggest trying to make sure you will be going against the main flow of traffic through this part.

However, heading closer into the city from Stockport you have Levenshulme. Dont live there.

Looking at the map to remind myself, Cheadle rings bells as being vaguely pleasant. Don't quote me on that though.

And theres a fair chance we may be persuaded to pop down to join some drinking, date depending. Its nice to get out occasionally.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 19:07   #6
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

When I go home I'm about 20mins from Stockport.
And cheadle will be boring, don't live there. Go for one of the nicer areas somewhere in south manc (Fallowfield, WIthington,Didsbury)
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 20:02   #7
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Again I might be able to make this one especially if midge5/Adam reminds me to go.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 20:09   #8
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i live in fallowfield and work in withington, and sometimes i go thru stockport on the a34 when going back home (if the m6 is full of holdups like it was last week) fallowfield is quite nice, but i wouldnt recommend living here if you arent a student as its probably the biggest student area in manchesterand i can pretty much guarantee you wont get a night of uninterupted sleep. withington still has a lot of students but not as many as fallowfield, some nice (and fairly cheap) places to live (if you are renting). didsubury is a bit posher and i rarely go there (just for the pub quiz once a week) but ive heard good things about it.

if you live in fallowfield, withington or didsbury then getting to stockport wont be much of a problem. 15 or 20 minute drive i expect.

if you are looking for places to rent you might want to have a look at http://www.manchesterstudenthomes.com/forums (its what i used to find my current house) its mostly students (i dont know if you want to live with students or not) but you do find some postgrad and professional houses aswell offering rooms.
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 22:41   #9
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
Yes obviously.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jan 2006, 23:18   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

stockport isnt a bad place really... i lived there for 6 months once, although NEVER go drinking there, head into manchester... just trust me on this one
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 01:47   #11
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Again, obviously.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 01:49   #12
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Should be able to, Obviously
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 02:38   #13
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well im living in withington atm, which is just up the road, so I shall be up for drinks etc once you are here.

Didsbury is a nice area too, and less scabby than the rest of manc, you will probably like it
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 02:42   #14
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

enby wasn't invited, ste hates me. Obviously.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 3 Jan 2006, 10:02   #15
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
enby wasn't invited, ste hates me. Obviously.
You were included in the etc obviously

Would you actually come though?

Unread 5 Jan 2006, 23:24   #16
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Obviously.

(If I'm not working that weekend)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Jan 2006, 18:48   #17
nick
modest sagacity

nick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura about

Basically you want to live in Didsbury. It's nice, close to Stockport, and still on the main bus route towards the city center.
nick is offline   Reply With Quote