User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Sep 2005, 14:14   #1
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Question Car Insurance

(i searched, i only found 1 thread on the subject previously. Which is odd, i remembered there being more)

Anyway, having never insured a car before, i have no idea what places to look. would you folks recommend i check for car insurance ?
what places do you use (if you do), and are they any good ?
Has anyone had to claim ?

The car in question is a K reg Astra 1.4
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 14:17   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Car Insurance

Norwich Union Direct are usually the cheapest for drivers under 25 in my experience. A lot of places wont touch you and others just stick the prices way up.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 14:19   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm with Direct Line, and have a reasonable price on a similar car (1.4 306).
However, as a company they are shit. Avoid them. I'm only still with them out of apathy.

I've heard good things about Endsleigh from various studenty type places.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 14:23   #4
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

I'm with Tesco who give me quite a good price. Never had to claim though so no idea how good they are in that respect.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 14:29   #5
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

try http://www.confused.com/

they submit your details to lots of insurers and then email you with a link to the list of prices
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 14:56   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
(i searched, i only found 1 thread on the subject previously. Which is odd,
it is odd how we don't spend every day discussing car insurance.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 15:12   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahwe
it is odd how we don't spend every day discussing car insurance.
i know, sheesh, can't you people be more considerate ?

(I seemed to recall there being several threads on it previously, yet I couldn't find many, which is why I thought it was odd)
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 15:15   #8
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

endsleigh have always been pretty good for me.
check out a few online ones like http://www.theinsurancecentre.co.uk/ as well...
make sure you check around A LOT and then go to one you trust and tell them the cheapest quote you got. That usually lowers the quote by a couple of hundred for your first time.
But endsleigh or Norwich Union is my advice.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 15:22   #9
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Car Insurance

The thought of Enby driving is somehow amusing, in a 'thank god I don't live in York' kind of way.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 15:26   #10
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
The thought of Enby driving is somehow amusing, in a 'thank god I don't live in York' kind of way.
Given how badly i drove on the test drive yesterday, I agree.
I was ****ing shocking.
I was in a BUS LANE for about ten mins....
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 15:48   #11
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future

I'm also with Tesco - it was a bit cheaper (but not much) than most of the major insurers and pretty easy and simple to do online.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 15:57   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm gonna be in York .
We got ours from the Co Op, who apparently were surprisingly cheap.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 16:00   #13
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation Re: Car Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'm gonna be in York .
At least Enby has something to aim at now. Aside from other cars, pedestrians in general and buildings, I mean.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 16:03   #14
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'm in a car. It's fairly easy to spot, being yellowy gold. I usually walk though, far far far away from the road.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 16:15   #15
SeanG
Wick

SeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the roughSeanG is a jewel in the rough

Went with direct line over the internet, seemed like a good idea at the time but im pretty sure i got ripped off.

<Desse> I am trying to breed a new superpod by leaving Unipods and Megapods alone in the same room with dim lights and Barry white on the cd player
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 16:27   #16
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Been with Direct Line for a couple of years, but going for Egg this time as they're cheaper. As it expires in less than a week I probably ought to actually do it.
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 18:30   #17
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-X
try http://www.confused.com/

they submit your details to lots of insurers and then email you with a link to the list of prices
SYMM endorses this statement. (Budget came cheapest for me using it, and I'm 21 driving a 1/0 Corsa if that helps...)
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 19:25   #18
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Norwich Union Direct are usually the cheapest for drivers under 25 in my experience. A lot of places wont touch you and others just stick the prices way up.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 20:32   #19
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

i found www.elephant.co.uk to be the cheapest for me. This year it cost me (an 18 year old with full licence for 6 months and 1 years no claims) £650 to insure my 1.05 M Reg VW Polo for 10 months. Last year it cost me about £950 on my provisional with 0NCB for 10 months again.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2005, 21:22   #20
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
I'm with Tesco who give me quite a good price. Never had to claim though so no idea how good they are in that respect.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 11:59   #21
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

1-x for the win!

egg@560 seems ok, but confused is getting me some quotes at 510 including legal cover (and no/100 excess)
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 15:45   #22
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend

is Enby over 21?
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 15:48   #23
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

www.theaa.com

goto the insurance bit. They check all the top insurers and give you the best quote. Tbh ive not had them beat as of yet...
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 17:24   #24
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

How are the insurance costs over there in the UK? (seems the posts are generally bout UK insurance)

I ask cause here in Ireland they border on the extortionate.

The worst I ever had was my very first car, I had just gotten my licence but no-one would insure me on a 1992 1.1l Ford Fiesta. I mean, it was hardly a ****ing ferrari, but still no-one would touch a 21 year old guy (insurance wise, girl wise this was also true a the time).
Eventually I had to get my father to register the car, get insured under his name and then add me as a named driver. Which then had me pay the insurance quote for both of us.

The car cost me €600 and the insurance for one year was €3000.
That was the cheapest. And we had to get it from an english company who seemed a little dodgy if you ask me.

It hasn't gotten alot better here to be honest. Though I'm at €1,300 now on a 1.4l Fiat Brava.

My sister just applied for her provisional licence, (not full one) and has decided to get a car. She's 20, never driven before, only on an L-licence and has gotten a quote for insurance on a Colt 1.3l, on her own for €1,000.

I ASK YOU!!!!

FFS
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 17:36   #25
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
www.theaa.com

goto the insurance bit. They check all the top insurers and give you the best quote. Tbh ive not had them beat as of yet...
they are 250 quid off my best one.

(thats WITH a 500 excess, 0 on all my other quotes)

also, the enby is 23, has had a license (but not driven) for 2 years.
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 17:44   #26
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
How are the insurance costs over there in the UK? (seems the posts are generally bout UK insurance)

I ask cause here in Ireland they border on the extortionate.

The worst I ever had was my very first car, I had just gotten my licence but no-one would insure me on a 1992 1.1l Ford Fiesta. I mean, it was hardly a ****ing ferrari, but still no-one would touch a 21 year old guy (insurance wise, girl wise this was also true a the time).
Eventually I had to get my father to register the car, get insured under his name and then add me as a named driver. Which then had me pay the insurance quote for both of us.

The car cost me €600 and the insurance for one year was €3000.
That was the cheapest. And we had to get it from an english company who seemed a little dodgy if you ask me.

It hasn't gotten alot better here to be honest. Though I'm at €1,300 now on a 1.4l Fiat Brava.

My sister just applied for her provisional licence, (not full one) and has decided to get a car. She's 20, never driven before, only on an L-licence and has gotten a quote for insurance on a Colt 1.3l, on her own for €1,000.

I ASK YOU!!!!

FFS

To get insured by myself on a 1.0litre group 2 Vw Polo when i was 17 and had just passed my test i was quoted £1000 to £3000. Even as a named driver it cost a small fortune.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 21:49   #27
Iniluki
Baron Samedi

Iniluki has a spectacular aura aboutIniluki has a spectacular aura aboutIniluki has a spectacular aura about

Whoever you pick, ring them up instead of doing it over the web. Yes the web offers 5-10% discounts, but there isn't a human at the end dying to get the commission out of you signing up.

Ring around a few places, and then just play them off against each other. It worked for me.

I'm with Ensleigh, they are very Student/Young Professional orientated.

Victims, aren't we all?
Iniluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2005, 23:17   #28
A2
#planetarion

A2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud ofA2 has much to be proud of

Phoning them up is also a very good idea if (like me) you're insuring your car from your birthday. One of them (I can't remember which one) told me that the quote was based on my age when I submitted the quote rather than my age on the date when the insurance was due to start. When I rang a few of them up I got some quotes a hundred or so cheaper.
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 17:51   #29
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

I went with egg in the end, and my car is here now, and i'm happy
Unread 17 Sep 2005, 18:18   #30
sword

sword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these partssword is infamous around these parts

I honestly don't know who I'm insured with but they stiff me on the price due to having 9 points. So, do your best to keep a clean liscence or pay the penalty.
sword is offline   Reply With Quote