User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 15 May 2007, 13:25   #1
-Blue Moon-
Hello Tietäjä

-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future-Blue Moon- has a brilliant future
[Football] West Ham / Tevez

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6652931.stm
^ Tevez legal bid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/6652335.stm
^ pissed off Sheff utd boss

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/6657697.stm
^ fifa getting involved

Those links are for a quick reference...

Just wondering what everyones' thoughts and opinions are on this...
Just recently FIFA have stated that they will launch a probe into this whole mess, Sheff Utd boss Neil Warnock is going around gathering support (7 of 20 clubs so far) for a points deduction, and the English FA claim that any appeal will fail because the 20 Premiership sides all signed the agreement at the start ofthe season.

Seems like a bit of a farce to me.

Personally I want to see West Ham relegated to the Championship - not only because I support Arsenal (and they didn't deserve to beat us), but because they need to be consistent with previous cases (Leeds, Middlesbrough, AFC Wimbledon, etc...). People may claim that their form near the end of the season justifies they stay up - but Man Utd and Liverpool both had other things on their mind, the Arsenal game was absolutely ridiculous and if they hadn't had Tevez playing who knows if they would have beaten Wigan...

The £5.5m fine they handed West Ham was quite a lot considering clubs like them generally don't have that much laying around - but considering the cash the Premiership dishes out in prize money and tv royalties it's negligable... I feel as though West Ham should have been given a points deduction, perhaps along the same lines as past teams who had fielded ineligable players. Now many people can argue there was no official rule saying that points had to be docked but it does seem unfair that AFC Wimbledon for example had pretty much the same thing happen (fielding ineligable players) and were deducted 18pts (which they disputed and had reduced to 3pt - still keeping them out of a promotion place, so obviously destroying their season)... Then there was Boro a few years back who got deducted 3pts I think for their ineligable players

So... personally I want to see the resulting inquest come up with a West Ham points deduction, their relegation, and Sheefield United's place in the Premiership re-instated.

R1-2 [VanX] - R3 [Legion] - R4 [Legion/Shogun/FORT] - R5-6 [WP/Shogun/FORT] - R7-8 [VsN] - R9-R9.5 [Seraphim/VsN]- R10-12 [WP] R13 [1up/eXilition] R14 [Orbit/scanner] R15 [eXilition] R16 [Orbit/scanner] R17 [Subh/scanner] R18 [eXilition] R19 [F-Crew/scanner] R20 [Orbit/Destiny/scanner] R21-22 [Orbit/scanner] R23-25 [In-gal-def-ho]
-Blue Moon- is offline   Reply With Quote