User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 14:07   #51
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
No, because the public opinion pendulum has swung too far in the other direction now, and any alliance that dares to not go solo will run a very high risk of getting stomped for blocking.

Why does 'making a move' politically have to involve allying with another alliance? That seems to be a rather narrow view of things.

Last edited by SpazMonster; 18 Jun 2003 at 14:45.
SpazMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 15:03   #52
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
Why does 'making a move' politically have to involve allying with another alliance? That seems to be a rather narrow view of things.
He's Fury?
Har Har
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 15:41   #53
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Ok, we admit it

Here is the proof. I am so sorry
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 15:44   #54
PiaZava
Pip the magic pe0n

PiaZava is an unknown quantity at this point
Hahahahahahahahahaha! :D

&Omega;
PiaZava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 15:51   #55
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
Ok, we admit it

especially the John Lennon part was ace
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 16:10   #56
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by cyphie
If you think I'm wrong, you probably misread
Im pretty sure I repeated exactly what you wrote back to you.

Explain what I didnt understand please?
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 16:15   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Ok, we admit it

(#eclipse) topic- 'Welcome to #eclipse | NO PMing THE OPS WITHOUT PERMISSION! (except Bashar, temp or QD) | Recruiting closed - only on invite | We have allied with LDK, Oly, WP, Ely, Ety, IPC, ToT, RaH and Fang to create a SUPERBLOCK which controls 99% of the universe'
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 16:17   #58
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Your taking my comment a bit out of context and too literally.

Making a political move generally does mean working with another alliance in some way shape or form by definition. Im not sure what other politcal moves your thinking of, there are some, but they are minor and in most cases are just light variations of working with another alliance. Either way what I said stands. If you could perhaps adress my points rather than picking apart simantics in my posts, I would appreciate it. Id rather not have to write a 10 page essay for every post just so you dont take the post to mean that im not taking things into account that can generally be assumed.

But I can write essays if you want to reply like this. And you can all enjoy reading them.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 16:38   #59
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
This round is really relaxing.

I'm at about 100 roids on average getting roided about once a day.

The only thing that's a bit annoying this round is the amount of inactives and farms in a lot of galaxies.

Shame on you evil multis. :eek:
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 17:00   #60
God
of War

God can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
taking roids of me ? doubt it

ehehe , dont doubt it... was possible , it is and it will be...

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 17:17   #61
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse

You don't? That's funny, I seem to remember you doing that exact thing last round.

Really? I didn't know that the last 2 weeks of the round was "mid-round".

Quote:

Defector

Troll denied, run along back into retirement and stay gone.

Quote:
Originally posted by djcomplex
your right you usually wait til your alliance is really in this sh*t, maybe around 3/4 of the way thro the round before you ditch them
Usually? I wasn't aware I'd left alliances multiple times for the same reason.

How many alliances have you been in again? Right.

Utterly useless since r3

Last edited by Cochese; 18 Jun 2003 at 17:22.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 18:20   #62
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Really? I didn't know that the last 2 weeks of the round was "mid-round".

Troll denied, run along back into retirement and stay gone.

Usually? I wasn't aware I'd left alliances multiple times for the same reason.

How many alliances have you been in again? Right.
how many alliances have i defected too? oh yes thats it NONE

you left madcows when they most needed you therefore you are teh suck!
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 18:52   #63
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
(#eclipse) topic- 'Welcome to #eclipse | NO PMing THE OPS WITHOUT PERMISSION! (except Bashar, temp or QD) | Recruiting closed - only on invite | We have allied with LDK, Oly, WP, Ely, Ety, IPC, ToT, RaH and Fang to create a SUPERBLOCK which controls 99% of the universe'
That wasn't even funny 4 rounds ago.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 18:58   #64
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts
wasnt that what happened last round tho

wait that was 60% of the uni, not 99
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:21   #65
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
Your taking my comment a bit out of context and too literally.

Making a political move generally does mean working with another alliance in some way shape or form by definition. Im not sure what other politcal moves your thinking of, there are some, but they are minor and in most cases are just light variations of working with another alliance. Either way what I said stands. If you could perhaps adress my points rather than picking apart simantics in my posts, I would appreciate it. Id rather not have to write a 10 page essay for every post just so you dont take the post to mean that im not taking things into account that can generally be assumed.

But I can write essays if you want to reply like this. And you can all enjoy reading them.
What about opposition? Deciding you don't like someone and attacking them? Surely that's a political move.

Before you say 'No. That's a military move.' it directly involves your relationship with every other alliance in the game, thus being political; creating new situations and possiblities.

Don't sit here and say the round's boring when you're the one in control of your own destiny so to speak. If it's boring, it's because that's the way you've decided to make it.

Blaming popular opinion for a lack of action is somewhat spineless don't you think? If you want to do something, do it. Prove people wrong, spin things your way, take some action, but do not blame someone else for your own decisions.

Last edited by SpazMonster; 18 Jun 2003 at 19:31.
SpazMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:30   #66
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
My point wasn't that you ever defected, more that you're an alliance hopping whore who isn't in any position to comment on my loyalty--which far exceeds yours, or rather, lack thereof.

Quote:

How did they need me? My views and approach to the entire round, from day 1, was completely opposite to theirs. If anything, my departure removed a conflicting element from the descision-making process. Their restructuring this round has proven that without question.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:39   #67
skipper
outsider

skipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
if this round continues on and finishes as just an exercise in roiding inactive players, anyone who calls it a success should be smacked. This is a war game and thsi is a diplomacy game. THey are important, fun and integeral parts of this game.

The inactivness (or something like that) that this round holds has occured because the round aint real round its just r9.5 not because alliances are going solo. Also even if your going solo you can start a war with another alliance as some have mentioned.

About the allying issue, i think the mainthing is that every alliance goes solo into the round. Allying atm might work without blocks, but as I've said im happy with the way it is going.

P.S. Ofcourse everyone want to see diplomacy in the future, going solo is just something most of the alliances were willing to try to avoid blocks.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:42   #68
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Alliances won't start wars if it hurts their chances of winning the round. That applies to every single alliance, and it is the reason that there have been no wars yet.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 20:08   #69
Unf_Slasher
FAnG

Unf_Slasher can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by K-W
That would be do to the randomness, not the solo alliances.
not true, rd 8 was random but you needed ****loads of waves on most good gals, because the alliances tried to protect them more (flagship gals etc.)
[00:58] <Squirrel> YES **** ME **** ME
[00:59] <Squirrel> **** ME NOW OH YES AliasX **** THE **** OUT OF ME
[00:59] <AliasX> wtf

FAnG
Unf_Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 20:18   #70
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Alliances won't start wars if it hurts their chances of winning the round. That applies to every single alliance, and it is the reason that there have been no wars yet.

Please try and speak for your self and your own alliance only. I'd rather not have you as a spokesperson

Don't claim 'boring' when the situation is created of your own actions.

I sense much fear in you :-/
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 20:49   #71
Dreadnought

Quote:

You left virus as soon as they started losing. You gave up

You = Lose
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 20:50   #72
djcomplex
The Usualsuspects

djcomplex will become famous soon enoughdjcomplex will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought
You left virus as soon as they started losing. You gave up

You = Lose

LMFAO did i? i was in virus til way after the battle finished

you may go back to knowing nothing now
djcomplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:56   #73
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Unf_Slasher
not true, rd 8 was random but you needed ****loads of waves on most good gals, because the alliances tried to protect them more (flagship gals etc.)
You forget that round 8 was the round of overburn defense. You needed lots of waves to get through the top gals because they were top gals due to the chance of getting lots of active connected players. So yes, hitting active alliance members in round 8 was difficult. In a less defensively oriented round like this one it would be easier. But anyone whos not in an extremely lucky random galaxy can tell you that overall galaxy defense is certainly much much less in a random round.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:00   #74
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by skipper

P.S. Ofcourse everyone want to see diplomacy in the future, going solo is just something most of the alliances were willing to try to avoid blocks.

No solo is something that the collective opinion pressured alliances to do. Going solo into a round IS a good idea, it means that you start off with just free play and that conflicts develop naturally and that there are more naps and fluid agreements, and because you plan to go solo to start the next round, you dont setup heavy bonds meant to last to the next round. Starting solo at the beginning of a round IS the way PA should be played, but staying solo into the round is NOT. Alliances should be attacking each other, making temporary naps, and swapping sides to get an advantage and every alliance should be shooting for #1. that is the PA I think we all want, and we wont get it with solo only anymore than with powerblocks.

Solo isnt an end, its a means. Lets not forget that.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:03   #75
K-W
Bored

Quote:
What about opposition? Deciding you don't like someone and attacking them? Surely that's a political move.

Before you say 'No. That's a military move.' it directly involves your relationship with every other alliance in the game, thus being political; creating new situations and possiblities.

Don't sit here and say the round's boring when you're the one in control of your own destiny so to speak. If it's boring, it's because that's the way you've decided to make it.

Blaming popular opinion for a lack of action is somewhat spineless don't you think? If you want to do something, do it. Prove people wrong, spin things your way, take some action, but do not blame someone else for your own decisions.
Well im sorry, but it is a military move, not a political move. Ofc it can effect politics, everything can, but that doesnt make everything a political move. So dont go correcting me when you are simply misusing terms. Clearly I meant an actual political move, not a military move that could effect politics. But I guess you "got" me by changing the definition of politics to include everything.

Your being extremely silly spazmonster. Public opinion does matter. this is a political game and the ramifications on other alliances actions of our actions IS something we do and should consider. Im worried about why people actually do what they do, not some misplaced concept of courage.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:12   #76
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Please try and speak for your self and your own alliance only. I'd rather not have you as a spokesperson

What he said seems to be just logical. No-one would start a war they couldn't win, that would be suicide.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:15   #77
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:

Or maybe he speaks the truth. It's hardly rocket science. I don't think Rob was speaking on behalf of any alliance, just stating some basics. Alliances don't really want to lose. Currently the main way to lose is to start a war with which to lose. Logical, yes?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:19   #78
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
What he said seems to be just logical. No-one would start a war they couldn't win, that would be suicide.
Some alliances will start a war they cant win if they either feel that doing nothing will also lead to failure or if they feel some other motivation, such as revenge, or defense of pride. You could add extremely bored to this I suppose, that depends on the alliance and whether the members would rather go into a war than have a chance to win. You cant really fault an alliance for not wanting to sacrifice what theyve worked for, this is a game after all.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 23:16   #79
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Somehow you two ganging up on random people is extremely funny to me. I'm sure you can figure out why.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 00:00   #80
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold
I feel like posting against germania and zhil.... for old times' sake

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 00:30   #81
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Somehow you two ganging up on random people is extremely funny to me. I'm sure you can figure out why.
Me and Rob right? or is it Germania?

I can't bear the tension...

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 00:31   #82
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
ironicly the same could be said from you and someone else in the past

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 03:46   #83
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
The biggest change is possibly the 25 ppl galaxys.

In r8 you had 10 ppl galaxys.

So in a fair 1v1 an alliance with 150 members + friends could target 15-20 gals and hit about 20-25 hostile members.

Considering random fire from other allinaces this leaded to a defence weakness.

now with the same amount of players + friends you will only hit 9-10 gals putting only 10 members under fire. For any alliance with halfway active members and galaxys swapping ships ingal + para + cluster alliance this brings a very low chance to hit your single enemy in an viewable painfull way.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 05:07   #84
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Razorback
The biggest change is possibly the 25 ppl galaxys.

In r8 you had 10 ppl galaxys.

So in a fair 1v1 an alliance with 150 members + friends could target 15-20 gals and hit about 20-25 hostile members.

Considering random fire from other allinaces this leaded to a defence weakness.

now with the same amount of players + friends you will only hit 9-10 gals putting only 10 members under fire. For any alliance with halfway active members and galaxys swapping ships ingal + para + cluster alliance this brings a very low chance to hit your single enemy in an viewable painfull way.
Why any alliance 'leader' would target full gals when they're at war with an enemy is beyond me ...
Maybe you can' explain it with your vast pool of knowledge.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 05:15   #85
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
Why any alliance 'leader' would target full gals when they're at war with an enemy is beyond me ...
Even in a random round, galaxies defend each other if you only hit one member.
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 14:09   #86
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
spazmonster is deven right ?

Anyway it could be done if you just target 50% of the gals and do a lot of things with fakes.
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 14:15   #87
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Psi_K
might blow now your bubble but with my vaste pool of knowledge i know the word "short eta defence" and "ingalaxy defence".

My galaxy this round and round 8 werent by farest active but one thing anyone could bet about is that if single incomings everyone would defend (considering they have 4-5h time till it ticks to ingalaxy fightereta) and many ppl still leave contact info.

Might not happen for you PSI because ppl dont like you but i usually could count on the gals i was in random or not. Furthermore the amount of ships needed is the problem not the targetting, it clearly doesnt matter if you tgt one planet with the amount of fleets which you would normally use vs 25 planets of the gal. As its the same "waste/use" of power.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 2003, 23:11   #88
langemann

langemann is an unknown quantity at this point
There has been rumours about it for some time know, and as leader of Trøndera I'm confirming that we arent playing solo any longer. We have merged with #hemne. Still keeping the Trøndera name though, but now are a huge bunch of 35 ppl powerblocking our way to universe domination. Be afraid, be very afraid....
r7 - idle and random : WC3 - finished #5
r8 - BD/LCH/FAnG
r9 - LCH/ToT : r9.5 - VGN/LCH/Trøndera

langemann, founder of TrønderBataljonen
[Du bli itj barsk uten karsk]
Come to #trondheim for sjitprat (BS)
langemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 14:47   #89
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

WebAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Of course they will tell you that it is an accident.
That 4 or 5 large planets under attack at once by the same set of alliances (lets say olympians/eclipse/elysium and maybe (suspected but still to be confirmed) WP and ToT) is bound to happen because they worship Lady Luck.
Of course that will be some battle groups involved or some para alliances attacking.
The facts are more simple. those alliance are blocking. They don't like to lose hence they are blocking. This attitude is so out dated. Once more some HCs have been weak and have broken their words and are blocking. Welcome to PA-ice-age guys.

P.S.: I don't complain, it is only my point of view, and you know what you should feel ashamed because those alliances are starting a new blocking round because they are not able to do anything alone and it's bad bad bad bad bad. shame on you!
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:15   #90
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
Originally posted by WebAngel
Of course they will tell you that it is an accident.
That 4 or 5 large planets under attack at once by the same set of alliances (lets say olympians/eclipse/elysium and maybe (suspected but still to be confirmed) WP and ToT) is bound to happen because they worship Lady Luck.
Of course that will be some battle groups involved or some para alliances attacking.
The facts are more simple. those alliance are blocking. They don't like to lose hence they are blocking. This attitude is so out dated. Once more some HCs have been weak and have broken their words and are blocking. Welcome to PA-ice-age guys.

P.S.: I don't complain, it is only my point of view, and you know what you should feel ashamed because those alliances are starting a new blocking round because they are not able to do anything alone and it's bad bad bad bad bad. shame on you!
Block?

You know I was actually considering taking bets to see how long it would take you to come on here with this drivel. 2nd time this round I could have made money off my speculations (first was cypher being closed).
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:15   #91
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
lasted awhile though some ppl just cant handle some stuff that goes on in the dark, web

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:19   #92
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

Quote:
Block?

You know I was actually considering taking bets to see how long it would take you to come on here with this drivel. 2nd time this round I could have made money off my speculations (first was cypher being closed).
What are you talking about? I have not posted in here for 1 round and a half. Nice try tho...
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:23   #93
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
What are you talking about? I have not posted in here for 1 round and a half. Nice try tho...
And how happy I was during that one round and a half.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:25   #94
Illegal
Not Bothered

Illegal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Dont you have a HC / exec staff to get demoted from?

(just joking, long time no see )
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:27   #95
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

Quote:
Well if you want to flame please start another thread, then we will have a nice mud fight
In the meantime, I am posting here to talk about serious matters so please focus on the topic....
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:48   #96
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Illegal
Dont you have a HC / exec staff to get demoted from?

(just joking, long time no see )
It's hardly rocket science to figure out I havent exactly been active this round.

I'll make sure AD gets live news to whenever I decide to leave Eclipse and/or Planetarion.

Currently, I seem quite fine in my comfy sofa.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 15:49   #97
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Well if you want to flame please start another thread, then we will have a nice mud fight
In the meantime, I am posting here to talk about serious matters so please focus on the topic....
Your opinion seems quite lacking on facts (Not the first time this has happened is it?). I can post on "serious matters" too.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 16:06   #98
Illegal
Not Bothered

Illegal is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It's hardly rocket science to figure out I havent exactly been active this round.

I'll make sure AD gets live news to whenever I decide to leave Eclipse and/or Planetarion.

Currently, I seem quite fine in my comfy sofa.
/me hugs
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 16:14   #99
WebAngel
Honour & Loyalty

Quote:
Your opinion seems quite lacking on facts (Not the first time this has happened is it?). I can post on "serious matters" too.
I have some newscans of current battles as facts but I am not allowed to post any coords, so wait and discuss...
btw, don't get me wrong, it's nice to have you in that community.
Unread 26 Jun 2003, 16:26   #100
SpazMonster
No, really...

Quote:
I have some newscans of current battles as facts but I am not allowed to post any coords, so wait and discuss...
btw, don't get me wrong, it's nice to have you in that community.

And what exactly would that be evidence of webby? LDK likes to attack with more than one planet at the same time too.