User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 Oct 2007, 21:40   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Why I hate F-Crew.

For a long time I have hated F-Crew.

At first I thought it was because F-Crew were crap at the game. After a while I realised that whilst this did bug me it wasn't the only factor, there were others. What I will do is present an agrument to the pa forums as to why I hate F-Crew.

- F-Crew are shit.

This has been something that really gripes me in planetarion. I fail to understand what fun one could get from consistently coming last (I mean this in the sense that you guys have never and will never finish first.) It pains me to know that there is are alliances out there that don't want to do their best.

You see the F-Crew pravda would say that they are a training alliance. Stepping stones if you like onto bigger things, but I believe that this is a cover. What is it covering? I think that it is really covering up how crap they are.

Take driving a car, for the first time they will be a bit shit, but they should get better right and indeed they do. But why have F-Crew been consistently crap year on year? I have played with several new players, "trained" them so to speak and they have sometimes ended higher than myself and other galaxy mates.

This leads me onto my second point.

- F-Crew don't train.

Linking onto the last paragraph of my first point, it is my belief that F-Crew don't actually train the players in their alliance. From my understanding F-Crew was and they will claim, still is a training alliance.

Let's for a minute take the bait and believe the party line, that they are there to train new players.

Hello. It's 2007, this game stopped gaining new players circa 2002, there are no new players to train. But let's say there are some new players trickling into the game (I myself find this hard to believe when player numbers are down year on year.)

The training F-Crew must do is rubbish. How many of these new players actually learn the ropes? How many of these new players finish in respectable positions? How many of these new players move onto the upper tier of alliances? (although I would like to refrain from using the upper tier of alliances, as it is my belief there is a lack in todays game of that elite operating, the gameplay of today feels so incestuous I believe I could get into eXilition!)

Like I noted above when I have had new players I have taught them the game, introduced them to contacts, advised them and that's it. I am there to answer questions but for the most part it's in the manual. Everyone can read it and it probably does a better job explaining the mechanics of the game than myself. Nevertheless F-Crew don't seem to do training that well.

- Red Red Whine, Why don't you care?

My gripe with the F-Crew is that they think they are doing a great public service. It is my belief that they are not. What F-Crew will have you believe is that they are better than you because they are shit and take on shit planets. No F-Crew you aren't better than me or anyone else. There are far better alliances at training than F-Crew, one such alliance that doesn't jump on the moral bandwagon of attempting to massage an ego if it moves is that of Subh. Now that is a proper alliance, that trains players to win.

- Ultimately.

It is my belief that F-Crew are essentially losers. Not in the sense of Beck, but in the sense that they don't aim to win. What kind of attitude is that to pass on to new players (if they exist)? For F-Crew to be a truly great training alliance they should aim to win, and train their players to think accordingly.

It's planetarion, not a picnic. I hate to break it to you, F-Crew, but you can have fun winning, in fact it is normally more fun.

- Over to you.

I believe that I am not alone in having a general hatred towards the F-Crew, I could have made a list but that would be boring and not nearly enough wakeyesque in it's approach.

Instead I ask you the readers of the forums, to chip in and say why you love or hate the F-Crew.
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 21:52   #2
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all
Re: Why I hate F-Crew.

hello.

Edit: your post displays the sort of ignorance and arrogance which explains exactlly why you will never 'get' f-crew.

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 21:56   #3
Landor Maxim

Landor Maxim is an unknown quantity at this point

I am completely nuetral as to F-Crew as I am returning to the game after many years doing other things like finding a life etc.

I feel though in adding comment about training.

Anyone can read the manuals but that is not always the most valuable information.

Let me explain it this way. A carpenter is a skilled tradesman who has a variety of tools he can use to make something. What makes him a skilled tradesman is in how he uses those tools. Technique is shown and if followed by the apprentice he too can become a skilled tradesman.

PA is similar in that manuals explain the game but it is the combination of what to start with how to build on that what combination of ships in a fleet is the most efficient for each race etc it is those pointers which help new players excell. Everyone in a race wishes to win or get onto the dais. A trainer will instruct his or her student in the art of winning.
Landor Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 21:59   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
hello.

Edit: your post displays the sort of ignorance and arrogance which explains exactlly why you will never 'get' f-crew.
Then explain/define it.
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 22:19   #5
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
There are far better alliances at training than F-Crew, one such alliance that doesn't jump on the moral bandwagon of attempting to massage an ego if it moves is that of Subh. Now that is a proper alliance, that trains players to win.
yeah and who is hc of subh? I do believe one of them is ex-f-crew, no wonder they are so good at training, its one of the best hc's the game has seen, a hc whom trained the rest of us at f-crew (apart form thos before his time ofc!).

all your thread says to me is blah blah blah my name is pig, i am a wanker and i hate f-crew for no real reason, it just makes me feel good. I mean really, who gives a toss of you're hatred?

Thanks again for giving me crap to read,

dunno why i bother posting, its not going to put an end to this thread, unless i lower myself to even below your level (if possible) and start an insult fight where the lovely admins decide to close this piece of shit thread!.

blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah

^my imitation of you

take care
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 22:24   #6
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

what can I say my 2 weeks at f-crew paid off
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 22:25   #7
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

- F-Crew are shit.

This has been something that really gripes me in planetarion. I fail to understand what fun one could get from consistently coming last (I mean this in the sense that you guys have never and will never finish first.) It pains me to know that there is are alliances out there that don't want to do their best.
arrogance. not everyone plays the game for the same reasons, if some like it more for the social aspect then who the **** are you to tell them they shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
- F-Crew don't train.

Linking onto the last paragraph of my first point, it is my belief that F-Crew don't actually train the players in their alliance. From my understanding F-Crew was and they will claim, still is a training alliance.

Let's for a minute take the bait and believe the party line, that they are there to train new players.

Hello. It's 2007, this game stopped gaining new players circa 2002, there are no new players to train. But let's say there are some new players trickling into the game (I myself find this hard to believe when player numbers are down year on year.)

The training F-Crew must do is rubbish. How many of these new players actually learn the ropes? How many of these new players finish in respectable positions? How many of these new players move onto the upper tier of alliances? (although I would like to refrain from using the upper tier of alliances, as it is my belief there is a lack in todays game of that elite operating, the gameplay of today feels so incestuous I believe I could get into eXilition!)
ignorance. have you ever played for f-crew? no. your basing your conclusions on a situation that you have no experience of, i like to call that talking out of your ass.

Their are new players, and to suggest otherwise is retarded. if you ask around you'll find a fair few players that started off in f-crew that have moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
- Red Red Whine, Why don't you care?

My gripe with the F-Crew is that they think they are doing a great public service. It is my belief that they are not. What F-Crew will have you believe is that they are better than you because they are shit and take on shit planets. No F-Crew you aren't better than me or anyone else. There are far better alliances at training than F-Crew, one such alliance that doesn't jump on the moral bandwagon of attempting to massage an ego if it moves is that of Subh. Now that is a proper alliance, that trains players to win.
have you ever seen a f-crew player ask for special consideration? more so than any other player that gets pissed when something bad happerns? no. Your imagining some type of martyr mentality when in fact their isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I believe that I am not alone in having a general hatred towards the F-Crew, I could have made a list but that would be boring and not nearly enough wakeyesque in it's approach.
your hatred of a group of people who you have never been a part of and have no influence over you is pathetic, and highlights the exact problem, that not eveyone plays this game to win, and you seem unable to get this into your head.

-Cead
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 22:26   #8
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm indifferent to F-Crew, and I do believe that goes both ways. I'd like to keep it like this.

But! pig, was this strictly necessary? What did you hope to achieve here?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 22:27   #9
MaxMilliaN
red looks good on me eh

MaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these partsMaxMilliaN is infamous around these parts

fcrew ruuulez ,

unless they attack you, but then it still sux very much to defend your planet. you rather have normal big incoming then incoming with fi/fr/cr/bs in 1 fleet. sometimes without pods.

but yea, i think they rock. unless they attack me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
I signed up to make sure eX didnt win the round, thanks to your HCs last decision it looks like I succeeded
Apprime
MaxMilliaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 22:49   #10
r2baz
Sonny Sunshine Champion

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all

Not many allys can say they have played every round since Round 2 though can they?

You have obviously never been a member of F-Crew so your opinion is based on second/third/fourth hand info. In my experience most of what you read on the forums or hear on IRC about F-Crew is hopeless hear say and anti F-Crew propaganda to boast somebody or some allys ego.

This is no different.

People play for different reasons - end of.
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:11   #11
Gary
xVx Peon

Gary is an unknown quantity at this point

I know lots of people who dont like F-crew incommings, as they tend to land in most scenarios (a generalisation, but one that holds true if you ask around the community), meaning roid loss. So I wouldn't under estimate them like others in this round are so keen to do.
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:12   #12
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think we would call this "crashing", and it's good, because it means earning salvage. A week or so ago I had 4 waves crashing into my planet, which was covered. And though I don't know if that was F-Crew, it was definitely my best night of incomings yet.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:14   #13
Gary
xVx Peon

I know the terminology Myz. Even so, most will lose roids to f-crew, and salvage doesn't really make up for that.
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:15   #14
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Instead I ask you the readers of the forums, to chip in and say why you love or hate the F-Crew.
Back many many moons ago when I was floating around IRC like the butterfly I am, Wakey came into one of the channels I was in and invited us all to participate in an alliance quiz, hosted by F-Crew. Those were fun and sunny days.

I can't quite put my finger on when I lost respect for F-Crew. Maybe it was the ROCK - F-Crew "DDos Incident", maybe its the poorly run attacks which have been speculated about F-Crew, maybe its the fact that Wakey doesnt run the quiz any more, who knows.

I could go longer into a more indepth tirade against F-Crew but I'm quite tired and I'm keeping myself (by my standards) poltical and tame. I'm not a fan of F-Crew, nor will I be for a while until they do something worth while with the member base they have.

F-Crew, prove me wrong*

* Yes, thats a challange for you to produce an award winning rap song comparable to the one I did re: F-Crew at the beginning of the round.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:17   #15
Gary
xVx Peon

And to Pig. Why the hatred for people who want to play in a relaxed way, where pa doesn't take up too much of their spare time? As for winning, maybe they are just realistic?

Just because your were in the uber active alliances, it does not give you a right to start a trolling thread for no reason :/
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:18   #16
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

I believe anyone who cares as much as eXilition and still fails to win to be bigger losers.

At the very least F-Crew obtain their goals (assumption), and dont overly care about this e-penis game(assumption 2). Which a win alltogether.

And they managed to piss off your sorry ass by doing absolutely nothing and claiming nothing of the sort you accuse them of. Thus a double win.
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:19   #17
necAnt

necAnt is an unknown quantity at this point

why should i hate them?
what i have experienced in the last 4 rd´s is that f-crew incs land, no matter what, funny if ur xan def is real, bad thing if you try to fake your def.
so i don´t see any problem here, as long as this ally can live with, around, 50% suicides on each night, i´m fine with it. its there problem not mine.
and if f-crew players loves to crash, so be it, its there game, and i´m sure, they build up an picture here, and they could do a lot better if the would care, imho.

so from me, big hugs to f-crew, i´m allways lucky if i have real def against you guys, as this means salvage, but having fakedef normaly means roid loos.

and i hope u stay with ur playstile, as long as you find ppl, who support you in it, cause i think with a bit scan and recall diszipline you guys could easily land in the top 5.

just my 2 cents
necAnt
necAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:33   #18
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Oh jesus what a kerfuffle.

pig has some valid points, in some places he is wrong but I can certainly see where he's coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadreth
Your imagining some type of martyr mentality when in fact their isn't.
Sadly, wrong. Try re-reading wakey's AD posts for the last 2-3 years and you'll see where I'm coming from. He will, of course, disagree, but that won't really be a surprise will it

Onto my next point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
- F-Crew don't train.
This isn't really true. What they do is teach people the ropes of the game, a job that not everyone is willing to do.

However, where I disagree with F-Crew's leaders is their reaction to people leaving. They (F-Crew) may be willing to play the game without aiming for victory, but not everyone wants to play in the same way. F-Crew certainly don't train people in the more complicated attacking styles favoured by the 'elite' alliances.
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:38   #19
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

i honestly dont see the point of this tirade by you pig i really dont. F-Crew may not do the best job in the world but atleast they try.

id like to mention Orbit in this bracket of alliances, a group of players who aint necessarilly skilled in the game but manage to show what exactly u can do with not very much :P

much love for orbit

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:39   #20
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Smokeh will become famous soon enoughSmokeh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
blah blah fiddledee dee
Nobody loves you.
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:40   #21
Jonny05

Jonny05 is infamous around these parts

No need to say much

once again talk coming out of ones ass.
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:43   #22
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I forgot to mention:

Back-seat modding shouldn't be happening - lokken and I have made clear on repeated occasions that if you believe that a post breaches the rules (e.g. accusations of trolling), you should use the report post button.

At the time of posting, no-one has used the report post function. On the other hand, we've had multiple accusations of trolling.

The report post button. For your convenience.
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:54   #23
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig

At first I thought it was because F-Crew were crap at the game. After a while I realised that whilst this did bug me it wasn't the only factor, there were others. What I will do is present an agrument to the pa forums as to why I hate F-Crew.

- F-Crew are shit.

This has been something that really gripes me in planetarion. I fail to understand what fun one could get from consistently coming last (I mean this in the sense that you guys have never and will never finish first.) It pains me to know that there is are alliances out there that don't want to do their best. .
A few points to make here, First of all what top tier allys give new players a chance to play sure if they had too many new players then they would have their chances reduced of winning the round, lets take an ally like 1up they were hardly flooded with new players (which I can picture syn_sid doing a cracking impersonation of alan sugar in the apprentice..... "your'e fired") f-crew usually take in the players that most allys dont look at twice... new or otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
You see the F-Crew pravda would say that they are a training alliance. Stepping stones if you like onto bigger things, but I believe that this is a cover. What is it covering? I think that it is really covering up how crap they are.
Not everyone is cut out to be a glory hunting &^%$"£*%
and only sing when youre winning (I see absolutely no need to bring up a exil v 1up thread but you get the idea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
Take driving a car, for the first time they will be a bit shit, but they should get better right and indeed they do. But why have F-Crew been consistently crap year on year? I have played with several new players, "trained" them so to speak and they have sometimes ended higher than myself and other galaxy mates.
Where do you get off on saying who good and whos crap.... f*&king
arrogance.
There is the odd f-crew player that hits the t100 every so often and apparently they are in shit ally (which is your argument) who probily cant hold roids due to lack of def or maybe their BC/DCs are poor who crash their def fleets or do gal raids and forget to planet scan the stockpiller. Periodically a particular player named pig who played in a top tier ally and NOT ONCE appear in the PA wiki as a T100 player. Whats your excuse?

Do you see me doing PIG is a SHIT player thread.... No

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
- F-Crew don't train.

Like I noted above when I have had new players I have taught them the game, introduced them to contacts, advised them and that's it. I am there to answer questions but for the most part it's in the manual. Everyone can read it and it probably does a better job explaining the mechanics of the game than myself. Nevertheless F-Crew don't seem to do training that well.
everyone has to start playing the game at some point. some later than others. If you think that F-crew training is so shit then show them how it is done....
F-crew have their dignity intact not as if they adopt the old multi-ing, out of tag out gal def tactics now. (yet again I dont fancy digging up the past shames of the game and certain allys)
Unread 9 Oct 2007, 23:58   #24
Luckyiam.PSC

Luckyiam.PSC is infamous around these parts

What a n00b that pig is, he aint even good enough for fcrew ... he got rejected and is now starting his personal crusade for revenge !
Luckyiam.PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:03   #25
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyiam.PSC
What a n00b that pig is, he aint even good enough for fcrew ... he got rejected and is now starting his personal crusade for revenge !
don't be silly
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:04   #26
theking

theking has a spectacular aura abouttheking has a spectacular aura about

pig, ure to old to even bother about other alliances, and deff about friendly alliances like fcrew. didnt though u would make a threat like this
theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:09   #27
Ceadrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
However, where I disagree with F-Crew's leaders is their reaction to people leaving. They (F-Crew) may be willing to play the game without aiming for victory, but not everyone wants to play in the same way. F-Crew certainly don't train people in the more complicated attacking styles favoured by the 'elite' alliances.
i left f-crew 3 rounds ago or so now, to aim for victory as you put it, and i'm still on good terms with their 'leaders'.

-Cead
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:11   #28
furball

Quote:
i left f-crew 3 rounds ago or so now, to aim for victory as you put it, and i'm still on good terms with their 'leaders'.
What I was generally referring to was ordinary members who had been trained by F-Crew and then left to join bigger alliances. Wakey made a big thing of this a few rounds ago.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:17   #29
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landor Maxim
snip
Thanks for your post, it was intelligent, insightful and well written. There are some parts that I agree on r.e. that a manual isn't the best form of training, you are right some guidance of sorts is needed. As to wether or not F-Crew are best to give this is down to debate as I am sure you will agree. A pos rep is flying to your inbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC-Imperial
yeah and who is hc of subh?
I was talking about subh of quite a few rounds ago, I am not aware of subh in this round or the last couple so I can't comment. Under Clogg et al they were certainly good at what they did.

Quote:
all your thread says to me is blah blah blah my name is pig, i am a wanker and i hate f-crew for no real reason, it just makes me feel good.
I welcome constructive criticism. However I don't think you read my post if that is all the thread says to you, I know wakey long posts are hard to read, but please try again and read it this time.

Quote:
I mean really, who gives a toss of you're hatred?
I assume you don't.

Quote:
Thanks again for giving me crap to read
I don't think you read it.

Quote:
dunno why i bother posting, its not going to put an end to this thread, unless i lower myself to even below your level (if possible) and start an insult fight where the lovely admins decide to close this piece of shit thread!.
No you are right you shouldn't lower yourself below my level, I mean you wouldn't want to be insulting or childish or anything would you?

Quote:
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah

^my imitation of you
Woops, too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedrath
arrogance. not everyone plays the game for the same reasons, if some like it more for the social aspect then who the **** are you to tell them they shouldn't.
It's an opinion I am sharing with the public not arrogance. Arrogance would be questiong someones ability to tell someone they shouldn't be doing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedrath
have you ever seen a f-crew player ask for special consideration? more so than any other player that gets pissed when something bad happerns? no. Your imagining some type of martyr mentality when in fact their isn't.
I believe Furball covers this point quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball
Sadly, wrong. Try re-reading wakey's AD posts for the last 2-3 years and you'll see where I'm coming from. He will, of course, disagree, but that won't really be a surprise will it?
I am in agreement, the opinion that I have gained is that F-Crew are almost above others because they don't play the game the way it is meant to play and help out the small newbies. When in fact I believe they are just shit and using the training thing as a cover.

Game of opinions though eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
But! pig, was this strictly necessary? What did you hope to achieve here?
I hoped to achieve a debate, as the last paragraph of my post stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
- Over to you.

Quote:
=Smudge]I can't quite put my finger on when I lost respect for F-Crew. Maybe it was the ROCK - F-Crew "DDos Incident", maybe its the poorly run attacks which have been speculated about F-Crew, maybe its the fact that Wakey doesnt run the quiz any more, who knows.

I could go longer into a more indepth tirade against F-Crew but I'm quite tired and I'm keeping myself (by my standards) poltical and tame. I'm not a fan of F-Crew, nor will I be for a while until they do something worth while with the member base they have.

F-Crew, prove me wrong*
Thanks for giving your opinion, your last line is crucial to me "until they do something worth while with the member base they have." I would like to see that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
And to Pig. Why the hatred for people who want to play in a relaxed way, where pa doesn't take up too much of their spare time? As for winning, maybe they are just realistic?

Just because your were in the uber active alliances, it does not give you a right to start a trolling thread for no reason :/
There is no hatred for people who want to play in a relaxed style, I am a member of ascendancy for quite a few rounds, playing uber active is hardly my gig anymore.

I also dispute your use of trolling. This is quite a well structured thread, with what I believe well thought out points, good grammar, spelling and punctuation. It also allows debate and isn't a lecture akin to Hitler in 1938 Nazi Germany. Alas if you wanted to see trolling, just look at some posts in this thread.

Then again it is not myself to decide what trolling is, it's down to the mods. Like furball said, you have a problem with it, report it and they will look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo
I believe anyone who cares as much as eXilition and still fails to win to be bigger losers.

At the very least F-Crew obtain their goals (assumption), and dont overly care about this e-penis game(assumption 2). Which a win alltogether.
I am in agreement with parts of this post, it's pretty much well thought out and a good opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo
And they managed to piss off your sorry ass by doing absolutely nothing and claiming nothing of the sort you accuse them of. Thus a double win.
Ashame you ruined it with this part. There is no need to be rude to me as a person. F-Crew haven't done a thing to me, not to my knowledge, I just don't like them as my points in my original post stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by necAnt
what i have experienced in the last 4 rd´s is that f-crew incs land, no matter what, funny if ur xan def is real, bad thing if you try to fake your def.
You highlight a problem that some of my friends have commented on in the past. F-Crew mass landing on planets, without a care in the world. This isn't actually training, this is piss poor fleet management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball
This was actually a point I wanted to bring up and I believe should be highlighted and discussed by others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeh
Nobody loves you.
I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny5
No need to say much

once again talk coming out of ones ass.
Thanks for that post. In the UK when one says one, they are reffering to themselves, so do you mean that talk is coming out of your arse or mine? Please enlighten me. Ta.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:21   #30
DonTirri

DonTirri is an unknown quantity at this point

Pig, you are an idiot.

Your claim that F-crew dont train, is simply idiotic.

I first joined PA on r22, and i saw many guys, in addition of myself, joining for a first round, and get taught the ropes of the game.
fad
i finished a tad bit out of t100, i could have been higher, but alas, things happen.

This round, i myself have been responsible for the recruitment and training, i was promoted to BC status midway of r22, and i am still a valuable part of the team.

this round, i got stuck in a inactive gal in which only actives were F-crew, and yet i am sitting close to t50, in the midst of all those guys from the "elite" allies, like eXi. Also, i have not crashed a single fleet, and i am one of the top deffers in f-crew.

And guess what? I am still with them. Sure, the idea of leaving the Crew crossed my mind, but, i have set nothing in stone. sure, if i was part of an elite alli, i might be t20, which i was for few hundred tick, until landing on any worthy targs became nearly impossible.

So all in all, your points are moot, sheer idiocy and ignorance.
DonTirri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:22   #31
Ceadrath

Quote:
What I was generally referring to was ordinary members who had been trained by F-Crew and then left to join bigger alliances. Wakey made a big thing of this a few rounds ago.
i was an ordinary member, f-crew was my first alliance and i left to join a bigger alliance. you like pig are making mountains out or molehills.

-Cead
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:23   #32
furball

Quote:
i was an ordinary member, f-crew was my first alliance and i left to join a bigger alliance. you like pig are making mountains out or molehills.
You evidently weren't present in #alliances when wakey went on one of his many rants about F-Crew members leaving then, circa Round 16
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:31   #33
Ceadrath

Quote:
You evidently weren't present in #alliances when wakey went on one of his many rants about F-Crew members leaving then, circa Round 16
evidently not, but was he on about members leaving? or alliances who made unrealistic promises to f-crew members convincing them to leave midround. every hc gets pissed off when their members get poached.

-Cead
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:33   #34
furball

Quote:
evidently not, but was he on about members leaving? or alliances who made unrealistic promises to f-crew members convincing them to leave midround. every hc gets pissed off when their members get poached.
And we're back to square one. Congratulations.

Quote:
However, where I disagree with F-Crew's leaders is their reaction to people leaving.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:38   #35
Ceadrath

Quote:
And we're back to square one. Congratulations.

so he had a rant about members leaving once, so? as much as i respect wakey saying that he is f-crew and that he is the sole hc and runs everything is misguided at best. most of the hc and command i played with never post on here, grouping peoples bad m'kay?

-Cead
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:49   #36
furball

Quote:
so he had a rant about members leaving once, so?
More than one. Several times in fact. Enough times that it got incredibly tiring.

Quote:
as much as i respect wakey saying that he is f-crew and that he is the sole hc and runs everything is misguided at best.
Yet he is the principal (sole?) external representative, why is it so surprising?
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 00:54   #37
Ceadrath

Quote:
Yet he is the principal (sole?) external representative, why is it so surprising?
it's not, it just brings us back to the point about basing assumptions on 2nd/3rd hand information when the reality bears little relation to those assumptions.

-Cead
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 01:30   #38
Hutchi
BlueTuba 4Eva

Hutchi is an unknown quantity at this point

its all very well moaning about been good,

but the games pointless if you dont have a good time while you play it.

talking and learning tactics aswell as only ever comminicating in the ally when it comes to targets and def might be fine for some but most just want to play the game(casually or more) and enjoy it.

teaching the new players how to taylor att and def fleets is easy however having the ones that arent willing to put in the hours that some do, to get the uber high rank simply will never happen unless the player wants to do it.
rnd 21->26 - Orbit HC
rnd 27 - LAZY git
rnd 28 -> Current Orbit HC

The quiet people change the world!
The loud people claim they did!
Hutchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 02:25   #39
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I fail to see the "usage" of F-Crew to be honest, because which alliance doesnt train a new member if he joins their alliance? I would say everyone does. Maybe less players that havent played before will be able to join exilition or any of the big allies, but there is always the second tier alliances that offer good homes for players, and come on now, be honest, playing for a second tier alliance with atleast a remote possibility of winning is more fun than playing for an alliance that instantly admits that they will lose, and has no chances whatsoever to win the game.

Maybe someone from F-Crew could clarify one thing to me, how many of their players return the following round?

Let me use my own alliance as an example, true, we haven't been able to win a round yet, but we've at least tried. the satisfaction of actually trying to win made great fun for the people playing within the ally, and they had fun. Each round we have returning players who likes to play for the ally, Im sure F-Crew has that too, what I fail to see is, what makes F-Crew different from any other alliance trying to get new players to play for them.

Everyone is doing the same job as you are, and some of them are even making better players, and give their new recruit a taste of winning/victory or being a part of the struggle for victory.

So to be honest, F-Crew isn't really that different from any other alliance.

And please, do not use the argument, I've never been in F-Crew so I couldnt possible know how it is to be in F-Crew. I am pretty sure everyone knows a little about other alliances, either they want to or not.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 02:33   #40
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I'm personally indifferent to F-Crew, bordering on the line of hostility to them simply because of the differences in thought of 1up command and themselves. (Oh the Sid/wakey discussions were always fun to read).

wakey himself never really seemed to understand the higher levels, as testamount to his varying discussions with Sid and blatant anti-1up traide in history. I cant remember any significant incidents, but I know Sid grew tired of trying to teach wakey + F-crew anything and left them to their own life.

1up taught new players too guys, we took in a bunch of new players remember? My best friend in real life was taken on in the later rounds and he became officer within the alliance WITHOUT any intervention on my part - simply because he took the advise he was given and worked hard for it.

What does that show? That you can be a top alliance AND teach players.

It's a pity, because I think wakey really does mean the game well, but I dont think the game wakey is playing is actually the same one that the rest of us are. (or would indeed like too)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 06:52   #41
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil^
Then explain/define it.
Phil^ did my moderating for me please carry on.

First post has an attempt at justification at every step, thus the post is good.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 08:33   #42
Gary
xVx Peon

Kargool, it seems you didn't try to win last round that much, because you never attacked Vgn at the end. Just thought someone should point that out to you.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 08:40   #43
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN
Kargool, it seems you didn't try to win last round that much, because you never attacked Vgn at the end. Just thought someone should point that out to you.
Yeah, because backstabbing your friends is exactly what kind of game style TGV prefers.

I can't really be arsed to say more on the subject as I've explained the reasons for what we did numerous times.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 10:03   #44
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Smokeh will become famous soon enoughSmokeh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Maybe someone from F-Crew could clarify one thing to me, how many of their players return the following round?
I'd say about 50%.

I think the difference in F-Crew is the level of players that we're willing to take in. I'd imagine (although don't know for certain) that perceived bigger alliances wouldn't take first-time players in without vouches about their activity, and wouldn't take players who were trying the game out for the first time and not sure if they want to stay in the game. I think what F-Crew has benefited from is that a lot of people see them as an alliance that takes in smaller/noobish players, and we get a lot of referrals from gals telling new galmates that.

This worked a lot better when PA had a lot more players than it has now, I suppose. There's enough of a trickle of new players still coming though for me to say that I think about 20% of our recruitment is people playing their first round or people who have never been in an alliance. Especially with the number of people who came back after playing "old" style PA (particularly last round) we also teach people the intricacies of "new" PA.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 10:45   #45
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

haha this thread really made me laugh.

Sure you might have your reasons for hating f-crew, but does that justify you taking it out on them like that on public forums? I think not. Everybody has their own playstyle and goals. Personally I always play to win, eventhough I know that's improbabal or maybe even impossible with the amount of experience and hours I can play. But still I have fun playing the game. And I bet most players in F-Crew have fun playing the game aswell, in their own way.

An other thing that has come to my attention is the amount of threads like this on the forums. And by "this" I mean threads filled with negativity.
The playerbase is shrinking, has been for god knows how long now, and wether you like it or not this kind of mentality contributes to this shrinkage in players.
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 13:17   #46
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

I am ok with f-crew, i find it odd how they dnt play to win or get a highish rank but if that is what they want to do then who am i to tell them " no u have to play PA to win".

In relation to threads about big alliances not taking new players, tis bollocks the top 1-3 are harder to get into but everyone else will accept u pretty much provided u can be active. likly they will give u an interview and then place u on some kind of trial out of tag to see if u will make the grade.

However having the balls to go upto say Destiny or VGN and say " hi this is my first round and i need an alliance" is a challenge for new people. Tis much easier to go to an alliance ala f-crew and say "hi i want to join, i have never played pa before teach me". As f-crew have the mentality to recruit pretty much anything that can talk or move.

I would also question how much training goes on beyond the standard eg...

" - BC notice - Attacks are coming in 5 mins please all join channel #xyz and the key is LetsNotCrashThisTime-"

<player> ok how do i join a chan

<BC/older member> type /j #xyz LetsNotCrashThisTime

<player> ty now how do i claim a target

and so on until it gets onto more advanced PA such as tailoring an attack fleet to target specific races or cross deffing in gal or fleeet catching or launch and recall. Now i have never been f-crew and so do not know what goes on beyond how to get members into attack chans and claiming targets. i dnt know if they go into details about what makes a good target or what. f-crewers please do tell if there is any 'training' beyond the standard game basics. What im trying to get at here is if f-crew are not training beyond simply how to attack and def then they are not training at all. Any alliance u join will tell u how to attack and def, the higher u go the more advanced tactics the bc will use and u might have to ask but it has always been my experiance that the bc will generally tell u what u have to do or if he/she is busy find someone who can.

If f-crew were to ditch the training alliance bollocks and move onto calling themselves a fun alliance just out to enjoy PA and if it so happens that u get a good rank then hey ala orbit. Then less people will have a problem with the crashing and the shitness as they know f-crew are just out for a laugh and a joke. but all the time they hide behind the training alliance banner they are not helping themselves unless they are producing top100 planets for other alliances round on round.

just a rather long 2 cents

Sebos
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 13:59   #47
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryph
As f-crew have the mentality to recruit pretty much anything that can talk or move.
And shag anything that can talk or move to be honest.
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 16:15   #48
CheeseCommando
Alcoholic Vicar

CheeseCommando is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally think that F-Crew have the right attitude to the game. They play with a style that looks after ALL of their players. Sometimes a Mass of defence is enough to put off incs.

Their channels are absolute fun to be in and never ever mention Vicars!
rd 19 1:2:16
rd 20 10:4:14
CheeseCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 16:23   #49
CheeseCommando
Alcoholic Vicar

CheeseCommando is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Yeah, because backstabbing your friends is exactly what kind of game style TGV prefers.

I can't really be arsed to say more on the subject as I've explained the reasons for what we did numerous times.

Now I am just a n00b, but surely politics should not get in the way of winning. If you take turns to win rounds, is that not cheating?

/edited take turns to win a round..
rd 19 1:2:16
rd 20 10:4:14
CheeseCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Oct 2007, 20:20   #50
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough

lol this was a good read. thank you pig, you never cease to amaze me A little harsh perhaps, but you made some good points.

Wakey, when can i expect to read your reply to this thread? I always love to read your inputs