User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 21 May 2007, 18:09   #1
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of
Player Trading?

Screwy idea*:

Players inside of allies should be tradable like football/baseball players. So for example various ally HC should be able to get together and trade top players. So for example if WP was looking for a top scanner they could trade a couple of lower ranked players for a top CT scanner, and a scanner of CTs choice to be named later.

This would give ally HCs a chance to interact closer, and make the game more competitive. So lower ranking allies could push their best players towards better allies for resource deals and the like. I.E. fcrew could offer their best player to Angels for 50 million resources (or whatever). Think of the possibilities, whole economies could be run by smaller allies building up their best players to get them into top allies for large sums of resources to help the smaller players build themselves up to have a shot at the big time themselves. Players who are under performing in top allies could also be sent down to the 'minor allies' to build themselves back up and prove they are ready for the big time. It could be hugely entertaining!!!

*This topic is not to be taken too seriously, so please no neg rep, but have fun bashing if you so choose.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 18:15   #2
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Re: Player Trading?

o_O

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 18:16   #3
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I agree it could be entertaining... and it could also be useful. It gives all alliances an incentive to spot new talent - becuase if you don't spot it you will have to buy it from someone else.

However, I could only really see it working in any way with really long rounds so there is time to play really strategically.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 18:56   #4
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough

I always liked the idea of all people being placed at the start of the round in a Random allaince.

The above then could take place.

Off the Wall
Unread 21 May 2007, 19:07   #5
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it might be fun, i also agree that starting people (who don't pick their alliances themself after x amount of ticks) of in random alliances would be good for the game & newer players.
But only if PA goes back to the old way of counting alliances score, not this counted score thing.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 19:16   #6
Almeida

Almeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to beholdAlmeida is a splendid one to behold

i would be very disappointed if my HC would sell me for some shabby resources :S

but it does sound interesting.
Unread 21 May 2007, 19:19   #7
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Trading players like cattle, heh. Whatever floats your boat, I guess, but this doesn't exactly sound like the sort of idea that will help the community.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 19:36   #8
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

it sounds fun Monroe but aint it going to be a 2 class sided thing then?
however...I think I'd offer every ally my last harpy to buy Almeida

sexyness is priceless..

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 21:00   #9
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

I made a thead suggesting this like a few months ago and got laughed at
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 21:34   #10
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

No way anyone is coming to steal mah scann0rz.
Unread 21 May 2007, 21:49   #11
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

"Hey you're being shipped off to xxx so we can get some resources"

"Great, I'm going to try even harder to be a good member and planet now"

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 21:51   #12
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
I made a thead suggesting this like a few months ago and got laughed at
That's odd, I made this tread expecting to get laughed at, and got more serious replies then I expected.... Maybe it's all in the presentation....

The random ally thing is interesting, but I doubt it would work, at least in a full length round, especially when you'd have no set HCs.... The only way I think this would actually make sense is if allies carried over between rounds, and a *gasps* "passport" type system is used.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 09:05   #13
mathematician

mathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura aboutmathematician has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADA
I always liked the idea of all people being placed at the start of the round in a Random allaince.
well, that would be interesting ... and remove the ability to change alliance (*). This forces players to play with different ppl every round.
Established alliances can ofc still remain, but without the alliance bonuses and features.

(*) quitting/getting kicked from an alliance should still be possible, the same mechanism as with galaxy exiles may apply.
mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 May 2007, 09:38   #14
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematician
well, that would be interesting ... and remove the ability to change alliance (*). This forces players to play with different ppl every round.
Established alliances can ofc still remain, but without the alliance bonuses and features.

(*) quitting/getting kicked from an alliance should still be possible, the same mechanism as with galaxy exiles may apply.
No, that's a bad idea. No-one should be locked into being part of an alliance.
Unread 22 May 2007, 10:00   #15
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

I Like the idea but does the player get any choice in the matter

We could even have player auction's!

HC Boss:

[HC] Hi Almedia pack your bags your going to Angeltrallia
[ALMEDIA] Wottt but I dnt want to go!!!
[HC] Sorry but you have too we need the resources
[ALMEDIA] So how much you getting
[HC] about 200k
[ALMEDIA ... :crymeariver:

It would especially be good for heads. Alliance A would have a Joey Barton type player. Whilst obviously talented the HC can not control him so offers to sell him on market. Alliance B makes and offer in charge is Mr Discipline and thus Chrnox is tamed
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote