User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 01:57   #401
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: An open message to Planetarion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
This is so far away from the truth that I'll have to call it clueless. I'm 100% sure hirr/ROCK wouldn't still be on good terms with asc if they felt we used them for flak. At the time the agreement was made, those two alliances were the only ones willing to have any sort of agreements with us, why is it so weird that we accepted them?
When we feel we have something to offer them, we talk to them and sometimes they agree, its not like we're telling them which targets to attack every night or anything close to that.
I think you have misread my post. Read it again.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 03:00   #402
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

nice avatar Munglejuffin

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 11:51   #403
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Thankyou sir. I do try to add a touch of personality and individuality to these forums. Arguably something which is sorely needed. Allthough, as allready said, i do fail spectacularly

Shout out to the Asc boys btw, i feel the love .
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 12:17   #404
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I think you have misread my post. Read it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by '[JungleMuffin
Especially when Asc is using the lower ranked allies to flak for them, while they get the glory.

I'd say that you're the one not paying these alliances proper respect. And to be entirely honest, a lot of respect is due to them for being willing to stand up and take choices, dealing with us at points where alliances a lot bigger were attacking us. But I still think that especially the hirr NAP is mostly symbolic, and while they're pretty much the coolest alliance in the game at the moment, they're not going to make a world of difference. Especially since we don't attack with them either.

Besides, your post here is just extremely lazy. If Golan is too thick to get your post right, it's because your post is too unclear. Explain how what he posts is not relevant to what he quotes, please.

Edit: I seriously fail at quoting this guy because of the damn brackets in his nick. I fail, I fail, I fail at the inteweb.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.

Last edited by qebab; 13 Mar 2009 at 15:52.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:07   #405
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Just in case anyone is still being distracted by all the propaganda in this thread:

Ascendancy has now taken the roid lead (that didn't take long, did it?).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:19   #406
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Just in case anyone is still being distracted by all the propaganda in this thread:

They have had a roid lead for a whole hour(and what a mighty 378 lead it is), CT have had a roid advantage for how long now?

Gain a sense of perspective man, I'm not denying they could go on and win this but then again, so could any of the top 4.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:19   #407
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post

Last tick at least, with about 400 roids. Wow. Those 400 roids must be very special to close the value gap on which we are still far behind.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:31   #408
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Hehe.

Nice dodging guys.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:36   #409
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRO View Post
They have had a roid lead for a whole hour(and what a mighty 378 lead it is), CT have had a roid advantage for how long now?

Gain a sense of perspective man, I'm not denying they could go on and win this but then again, so could any of the top 4.
shut up with your asc propaganda man!!
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:42   #410
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

The roidlead ascendancy have has clearly given them a huge value advantage now omg CT stand no chance ((((((

NB: anyone with half a brain knows that it's area under the graph that matters most
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:50   #411
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_ View Post
NB: anyone with half a brain knows that it's area under the graph that matters most
Actually, you need to have done secondary school mathematics (I have no idea if that's what you call it in your strange country) to intuitively realize that. A tiny bit of calculus anyway, or someone you trust who can tell you that it is true.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 15:56   #412
_Kila_
break it down!

Or just common sense. The longer you hold on to roids = greater value, since roids produce value every tick and don't just give you a billion res if you cap a load of them.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 16:13   #413
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

I Have An Open Message To Planetarion

Fix The Effing Servers?!
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 16:31   #414
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Or just common sense. The longer you hold on to roids = greater value, since roids produce value every tick and don't just give you a billion res if you cap a load of them.
Holding onto a roid advantage for the first 500 provides far less value, than holding onto a roid advantage for the next 500, due to reaching FC limit/HC mining. Anyone with half a brain knows that, stop playing forum mong, and say something usefull.

Allthough you can set up an advantage/win in PA early-mid game, the round itself is not won untill the end game.

I find the majority of landing XP (free score) comes in the first 500 ticks (not taking into account the rare 10k XP caps that u get for bashing big guys), which comes from ur opposition have more value/roids, XP isnt something people care much for, but regardless, score is score.

An alliance which may have a 5-10% (lets say 2k?) roid advantage early on, for say 200 ticks, gains less score than alliance with 5-10% later on in the round (ie 20k) if they have those roids for 20 ticks. Thats why all this propoganda about CT having a roid advantage for so long is just that, propoganda.

There are other factors to take into account, but im in a bit of a hurry, yet hopefully you get the point.

You may have on average 200k val advantage, per planet, for 500 ticks, which is alot when ur at 1 mil value or so, but once youre on par with roids (IE RIGHT NOW?) and gaining pretty much the same value, (crashes/steals not included) a 200k advantage per planet, when youre average is 3 mil, is absolutely fk all. Asc is laughing at you while they chase you down, then theyre going to piss on you as they run away. To all the forum-crew out there, please dont bother arguing with this, you know its true.

I called Asc having it in the bag 500 ticks ago, yet no HC had the foresight to do anything about it. Hopefully know you see. Congratulations Ascendancy on 3 in a row, i did my best to stop you, but apparantly that wasnt enough. Goodluck with the rest of the round.

Ps qebab, ill get back with a reply asap.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 16:47   #415
_Kila_
break it down!

I'm not going to respond to the bulk of your post because you're arguing that having a roidlead all round is somehow bad for CT's score...

Quote:
Holding onto a roid advantage for the first 500 provides far less value, than holding onto a roid advantage for the next 500, due to reaching FC limit/HC mining. Anyone with half a brain knows that, stop playing forum mong, and say something usefull.
CT have had the roidlead for over 1000 ticks. Ascendancy have been ahead of them on roids for something in the region of 5 ticks, and that is by tiny margins. Our newly gained lead is also going to be removed now that the game is going to roll back.

Quote:
I called Asc having it in the bag 500 ticks ago, yet no HC had the foresight to do anything about it. Hopefully know you see. Congratulations Ascendancy on 3 in a row, i did my best to stop you, but apparantly that wasnt enough. Goodluck with the rest of the round.
You singlehandedly tried to stop us by making idiotic posts on AD, heroic effort man.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 16:59   #416
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Right, for the next person claiming that Asc gained on the top alliances the last three days - Please go and hang yourself:

Code:
Munin> apenis for Omen is 23231257 score long. This makes Omen rank: 4 apenis. The average peon is sporting a 239497 score epenis.

Munin> apenis for Ascendancy is 26393861 score long. This makes Ascendancy rank: 3 apenis. The average peon is sporting a 263938 score epenis.

Munin> apenis for Conspiracy is 32191821 score long. This makes Conspiracy rank: 2 apenis. The average peon is sporting a 342466 score epenis.

Munin> apenis for NewDawn is 32352824 score long. This makes NewDawn rank: 1 apenis. The average peon is sporting a 385152 score epenis.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 17:36   #417
_Kila_
break it down!

<Barrow> acsendencers: what is the apenis stuff all about?
<JBG> score gain in last 72 ticks

Just for those who have no idea what heartless just posted.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 19:54   #418
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

But Ascendancy have more roid counts and have been hidding value during the time of little walk actions.. therefore ".apenis, etc" is pretty irrelvent.. look at roid gains. Look at the amount of crashes Ascendancy has compared to CT/Omen/ND when looking at roid gain statistics.

Ascendancy forum squard, go troll elsewhere.

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 19:58   #419
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:

Hahahahahahaha

You did you're best to stop Ascendancy???? So you have hit Ascendancy since pt 72 and organised all of you're close pals etc to hit them daily PLUS stepped up with politics throughout the whole round making sure Ascendancy got hit, I think not. How about you start pulling you're weight now JM... And if Your HC are really as retarded as you seemingly make out, then why support them? Leave, Find an ally that will accept you.

Giving up now is also utterly pathetic...

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 20:53   #420
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Find an ally that will accept you.
Took you long enough didn't it?
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:15   #421
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Ascendancy roid lead is irrelevant at this point. They took 833 roids off me in the two ticks prior to the server fail, and knocked me down a measly 8 ranks. Ascendancy would need to hold a significant roid lead from now till the end of the round for the roids to mean anything even approaching significant to the outcome of the round. (Though let me add, the 40+ fleets? ASC sent at me to get those 833 roids and knock me down that truly magnificent 8 ranks....was it worth it?) The 5 fleets BS wave having to recall due to the 1 fleet anti BS defense i got off CT made me chuckle...though that does kind of re-emphasize asc's point that CT have got a hella lot more value to play with than asc

Theres 4 allies still competing though, so its doubtful Ascendancy will be in a position to hold onto those roids for any length of time, as the other allies simply wont allow it. Same stands for any alliance which takes a roid lead.

Not sure were the information came from that CT morale is wavering. I have only one thing to say to that. ?

Lokken - I have to disagree 2 trillion percent with your claim that JBG has achieved a 4 horse race situation by means of this thread. The 4 horse race situation was the natural order of things, this thread is irrelevant to the fact. Brace yourself - JBG is NOT a god. Though I do like that little bar stud.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:24   #422
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
Ascendancy roid lead is irrelevant at this point. They took 833 roids off me in the two ticks prior to the server fail, and knocked me down a measly 8 ranks. Ascendancy would need to hold a significant roid lead from now till the end of the round for the roids to mean anything even approaching significant to the outcome of the round. (Though let me add, the 40+ fleets? ASC sent at me to get those 833 roids and knock me down that truly magnificent 8 ranks....was it worth it?) The 5 fleets BS wave having to recall due to the 1 fleet anti BS defense i got off CT made me chuckle...though that does kind of re-emphasize asc's point that CT have got a hella lot more value to play with than asc

Theres 4 allies still competing though, so its doubtful Ascendancy will be in a position to hold onto those roids for any length of time, as the other allies simply wont allow it. Same stands for any alliance which takes a roid lead.

Not sure were the information came from that CT morale is wavering. I have only one thing to say to that. ?

Lokken - I have to disagree 2 trillion percent with your claim that JBG has achieved a 4 horse race situation by means of this thread. The 4 horse race situation was the natural order of things, this thread is irrelevant to the fact. Brace yourself - JBG is NOT a god. Though I do like that little bar stud.
You seem to have no clue.

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:25   #423
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

enlighten me then CBA
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:25   #424
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Took you long enough didn't it?
I dont know what you going on about as usual... Tone you're immense, interlectual supreme ability down a bit when you're talking to me please Kila.

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:28   #425
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
enlighten me then CBA
Well Its a 4 horse race.

CT are complete and utter cretins when it comes down to individual player qualitys therefore the *massive* lead CT had, is not as great as it should be because of their retard crashing abilities and bad game player generally.

Also It was probably worth those fleets roiding you because of CT's weakness roiding when not doing there're usual galaxy raiding... So you being at -800 roids today and for the next week still being - those 800 roids will and Asc + those 800 from you personally will help out alot.

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:29   #426
CBA
Mind-boggling

Sorry, also need to mention the fact the Omen/Asc war only reason CT in the position they have been in for the whole round.

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:30   #427
DarkHeart

CBA. I stated it was a 4 horse race. Dont know how you got the impression I was saying otherwise.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:32   #428
DarkHeart

hmmm also I was questioning the 40+ fleets thrown at a planet to take 833 roids in relation to the insignificant value knock down it had on me. They killed nothing, bar the roids they took, which, as is being debated, at this point in the round roids might not be all that significant.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:38   #429
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
hmmm also I was questioning the 40+ fleets thrown at a planet to take 833 roids in relation to the insignificant value knock down it had on me. They killed nothing, bar the roids they took, which, as is being debated, at this point in the round roids might not be all that significant.
Roids are value.. So say 40 fleets for 800 roids, Ascendancy has 300 available to them so thats 1 fleet equal 20 roids thats 6000 a night + all the launch recalls on Conspiracy lets saying totallying a possible of 8000 roids, so I'd say thats a good effort because Ascendancy def is generally pretty good giving CT a lower roid gain ration, and the fact CT try and hit other targets then Asc which in my opinion is crazy.

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:43   #430
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
(Though let me add, the 40+ fleets? ASC sent at me to get those 833 roids and knock me down that truly magnificent 8 ranks....was it worth it?) The 5 fleets BS wave having to recall due to the 1 fleet anti BS defense i got off CT made me chuckle...though that does kind of re-emphasize asc's point that CT have got a hella lot more value to play with than asc

[21:33:36] -Munin- Status for 3:5:6 - (1098 user:x), (1099 user:x), (1100 user:x)

im pretty sure asc didnt send 40+ fleets on 3 waves
good to see someone in ct acknowledning the fact that you have a lot more value then asc though. More accurate; earlier this week CT had 30mill more value then asc. God knows how much it would have been after today, with the staggering 400 roids lead. A few ticks of those new babies and asc would surely be winning gold!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:44   #431
DarkHeart

ah right sorry CBA I see where you are gettign your knickers in a twist, you appear to not have a clue abot me telling Kila last night that I wasn't goign to bother trying to get defense.

Which made me chuckle even further ofc when CT actually covered some waves after the first two with some spare shippies that were lying around.

p.s. Your math also seems to indicate asc 3 fleet attack every night, and in the same paragraph you say their defense is awesome. You may want to review that post of yours.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:45   #432
DarkHeart

Hanzi, they didnt send all those fleets on 3 waves. They only landed 2 of them though (all waves after the crash were covered as far as i know, I was in work though so wasn't really followig what was going on!)

Dont think any1 in CT has denied our value lead? Its obvious to anybody with the power of sight
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:52   #433
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

i forgot that CT counts relaunched fleets as a totally different fleet from a totally different planet.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:58   #434
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Do you suggest the best way that an alliance wins the round is if they are behind at this point they should just sit around waiting for incomings?
The reason people attack one another is for roids first and foremost, if you get to kill some shit whilst your at it then thats an added bonus.

They took 833 roids off you and i'm guessing it's annoying you a fair bit otherwise you wouldn't be here gloating about the fact that it's all they took.

TBH i'm not really getting your point.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:58   #435
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
ah right sorry CBA I see where you are gettign your knickers in a twist, you appear to not have a clue abot me telling Kila last night that I wasn't goign to bother trying to get defense.

Which made me chuckle even further ofc when CT actually covered some waves after the first two with some spare shippies that were lying around.

p.s. Your math also seems to indicate asc 3 fleet attack every night, and in the same paragraph you say their defense is awesome. You may want to review that post of yours.
Fleet Utilisation.

Fleet #1 Launch Attack, JGP, Recall, Relaunch, JGP, Recall, Defend, JGP(Check def page), Recall, Attack

Fleet #2 Launch Attack, JGP, Recall, Defend, JGP(check def page), (still required), JGP again(check def page), Recall, Defend

Fleet #3 Defend, JGP(check def page), Recall, Defend, JGP(check def page), Recall, Defend

8 Missions a night highly possible, 3 missions is standard blad.

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 21:59   #436
DarkHeart

I didnt say 40 planets. I said 40 fleets. As before with CBA, im struggling to see how you got that confused!

Put it this way, CBA tries to argue roid gain meaning value gain, and ofc ship building capacity.

I didnt bother getting defence, coz im quite happy to see ASC shoving everything and the cat in my direction, which means we have more fleets to use defending smaller teamups elsewhere. I'd personally rather see 40 fleets gaining a sum total of 833 roids at my crib, than see 10 fleets of 2 man teamups gaining 200 roids per target (1000 roids gain fur 10 fleets used)

Dont get me wrong, it was nice to see some fleets heading my way, making asc recall relaunch etc.

All of this ofc, comes off the back of Kila implying this is some kind of personal vendetta against me since i landed on him solo. Bear in mind asc, that land cost me more value than all the fleets you threw at me today

40 fleets are better utilised on a fleet catch. Just my opinion :/
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:01   #437
DarkHeart

ATRO, the only thing im annoyed at is the fleet recall. I was quite happy to see the day out still having 1000 roids and my fleet sitll in tact. All in all thats a lot more than i expected
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:01   #438
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I dont know what you going on about as usual... Tone you're immense, interlectual supreme ability down a bit when you're talking to me please Kila.
He means you are possibily the most disliked player in PA and was surprised that DLR let you anywhere near their alliance...
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:02   #439
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
I didnt say 40 planets. I said 40 fleets. As before with CBA, im struggling to see how you got that confused!

Put it this way, CBA tries to argue roid gain meaning value gain, and ofc ship building capacity.

I didnt bother getting defence, coz im quite happy to see ASC shoving everything and the cat in my direction, which means we have more fleets to use defending smaller teamups elsewhere. I'd personally rather see 40 fleets gaining a sum total of 833 roids at my crib, than see 10 fleets of 2 man teamups gaining 200 roids per target (1000 roids gain fur 10 fleets used)

Dont get me wrong, it was nice to see some fleets heading my way, making asc recall relaunch etc.

All of this ofc, comes off the back of Kila implying this is some kind of personal vendetta against me since i landed on him solo. Bear in mind asc, that land cost me more value than all the fleets you threw at me today

40 fleets are better utilised on a fleet catch. Just my opinion :/

So basically you set yourself on "no def", but you gained defence, you became excited. You were at work, meaning did not know if covered or not. Seen the high amount of def fleets CT send per every call because of the "strange" DC'in at conspiracy priv chans, then you became upset when they actually roided you and took over 800 roids from you, and probably!?!? killed some value...

So you post here trying to mock the fact Ascendancy gathered alot of military power, roided you're planet and are now sitting with more roids then conspiracy.

Well done lad, well done

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:03   #440
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
He means you are possibily the most disliked player in PA and was surprised that DLR let you anywhere near their alliance...
Game I'm pretty sure most "decent" ascendancy players would rarther have me back, then you

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:04   #441
CBA
Mind-boggling

Quote:
ATRO, the only thing im annoyed at is the fleet recall. I was quite happy to see the day out still having 1000 roids and my fleet sitll in tact. All in all thats a lot more than i expected
Then why mention Ascendancy? and their poor use in fleets

Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:06   #442
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Game I'm pretty sure most "decent" ascendancy players would rarther have me back, then you
I don't remember anyone clambering to invite you at the start of this round, where were all these 'decent' members then? I left Ascendancy of my own accord, and as such wouldn't want to return as the reasons I left are still there.

Also on thread topic, CBA is right, people should never celebrate getting roided...
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:10   #443
DarkHeart

no CBA. I didnt set myself on no def.
I was at work assuming no waves were covered. I told gal mates not to send their harps etc at me, to use them elsewhere in gal.

I was surpised to see the majority of waves did actually in the ed get covered, and asc used a lot of time and fleet slots on me. As i said, i'd rather they mass value on me and let CT focus defence over more planets.

Not upset in the slightest. The only value loss on me was the 140k that the roids were worth. Same value loss as any roids any where. Refer to my point about less fleets being used for more roid gain over several smaller targets.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:15   #444
Game^

Quote:
no CBA. I didnt set myself on no def.
I was at work assuming no waves were covered. I told gal mates not to send their harps etc at me, to use them elsewhere in gal.

I was surpised to see the majority of waves did actually in the ed get covered, and asc used a lot of time and fleet slots on me. As i said, i'd rather they mass value on me and let CT focus defence over more planets.

Not upset in the slightest. The only value loss on me was the 140k that the roids were worth. Same value loss as any roids any where. Refer to my point about less fleets being used for more roid gain over several smaller targets.
What you fail to consider is how people who were 'saved' whilst you were roided utilise their fleets and how reliable they are to not crash.

I'd much prefer to use 40 fleets to save planet A 1000 roids, than 40 fleets to save planet B+C+D2000 roids, if planet A is a solid player who will hit hostiles and be depended upon to not crash his fleet. As lets face it, if B+C+D crashed their fleets the next day defending them would have been a pretty pointless exercise.
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:18   #445
DarkHeart

Now that actually makes sense Game, ty, talking with CBA sumtimes is like talking to that yoghurt in the fridge.

Your right Game, unfortunately im an idealist who would like to believe my ally mates won't go and crash it all. Time will tell :/
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:20   #446
ATRO

Darkheart, out of curiousness i would be interested in knowing how many fleets were actually sent (not the recall, resend fleets, i mean how many different planets sent) and how many different fleets were sent by CT to keep the losses to the 800odd roids.

I'm not being argumentative, i just imagine there were probably a lot less than 40odd Asc fleets when you take off the recall/resend planets and also imagine a fair few CT fleets were used up. The point of my post being that it wasn't probably such a waste of Asc fleets as you are painting it to be.

Did you send your fleets out? I'm assuming you did as you weren't at home and if so then i guess you weren't going to be losing any value other than roids anyway?
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:25   #447
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart
Your right Game, unfortunately im an idealist who would like to believe my ally mates won't go and crash it all. Time will tell :/
Surely you mean optimist?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:26   #448
DarkHeart

ATRO - i'll parse you my news tomorrow. Or you can news scan me 3 ticks after it re-opens and work it out for yourself. Are we allowed to tell co-ords in here? Theres a 3 in it, a 5 in it and a 6 in it. Won't tell u the whole story unfortunaetly, as I still had prelaunched asc fleets when the server broke

Put it this way ATRO - Shadowcat forced a 5 BS fleet wave to recall by using 1 CT anti BS fleet. The only mass CT defence i got was on one wave. I say mass.... 1 of the CT fleets alone had something like 300k widow and 150k tula in it
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:27   #449
DarkHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
Surely you mean optimist?
lol achi. pld
Unread 13 Mar 2009, 22:33   #450
ATRO

Quote:
ATRO - i'll parse you my news tomorrow. Or you can news scan me 3 ticks after it re-opens and work it out for yourself. Are we allowed to tell co-ords in here? Theres a 3 in it, a 5 in it and a 6 in it. Won't tell u the whole story unfortunaetly, as I still had prelaunched asc fleets when the server broke

Put it this way ATRO - Shadowcat forced a 5 BS fleet wave to recall by using 1 CT anti BS fleet. The only mass CT defence i got was on one wave. I say mass.... 1 of the CT fleets alone had something like 300k widow and 150k tula in it
Unfortunately i don't have a planet, i'm just a bystander with a renewed interest in the game who is contemplating returning, if you get the time and are able to pm me the details at some point great but please don't feel compelled to, i'm sure you have more important things to do.