User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 3 Oct 2008, 23:17   #1
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Show some love for the scanners.

Right, I have been scanning for a good few rounds since I started playing PAX now, mainly because it preserves my biorhythm pretty well without taking away my use. However a nice thing it is to do, it can become boring very quickly, because it's very, very repetitive, and tedious. It has improved a lot with the galscans thing, but there are still a good deal of things that would make it less of a sacrifice to go scanner. Since it's pretty clear that the powers that be do not want to remove scanners altogether, here's a few ideas for the next best thing.

Mainly, the most tedious things are everything related to defcalls, and landing attacks. JGPs, in other words. You JGP someone with 6 waves incoming, all defended with 5 defense fleets on every wave and get asked to AU defenders on eta 1, 2, 3 and 4 and then you'll be asked for two more groups of scans in two ticks. That's an awful lot of clicking, yeah?

The same goes the other way around. If I get a bunch of incomings, I'd really like to be able to batch FA all my attackers on some given eta. Or AU them all, or do both.

Basically, what I want is:
- Give me the ability to batch scan all the defenders on some eta in a jgp. Or the attackers for that matter.
- Give me the ability to batch scan incomings on me or my galaxy on some eta.

I have no idea how much work this is, but I'm pretty sure that not having these things the last 4 times I scanned cost me more time than implementing it takes. Multiply that by the amount of scanners...

As it is now, I have no problem signing up as a scanner and for the first couple of weeks, maybe the first month I'm not even extremely annoyed. But it's hard to do it a whole round because of the sheer tediousness. I'd really like to see this improve. Other ideas on how to do it are of course very welcome too!

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2008, 23:19   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Show some love for the scanners.

Signed. Laziness rocks.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Oct 2008, 23:21   #3
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Allow people out of tags to use gal scans. Why should I have to spend the time creating a tag just to use the feature?

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 06:29   #4
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Allow people out of tags to use gal scans. Why should I have to spend the time creating a tag just to use the feature?
the Ministers of War in a galaxy also gain access to gal scans.
Unread 4 Oct 2008, 07:12   #5
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Signed. Laziness rocks.
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 17:20   #6
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
I have no idea how much work this is, but I'm pretty sure that not having these things the last 4 times I scanned cost me more time than implementing it takes. Multiply that by the amount of scanners...
If you multiply it by all the scanners, then the times might be equal!

If there can be a general consensus on this thread as to the ways to implement the suggestions, then it might be closer to your suggested implementation time
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 18:33   #7
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
If you multiply it by all the scanners, then the times might be equal!
Yeah, you're probably right on me exaggerating a tiny bit. But say, 30 scanners do 300 jgps on which they want to scan an average of 3 attackers or defenders during one round, and that doing each jgp done by hand costs 4 seconds. That's 10 hours right there, in one round. A whole lot of time to save!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
If there can be a general consensus on this thread as to the ways to implement the suggestions, then it might be closer to your suggested implementation time
I have to admit that I am somewhat at loss here, because I honestly do not have any great ideas for how to do that without cluttering the current interface.

One option is to add another row in the Waves menu, where you can give a scan id, and have it scan attackers or defenders on Eta-1 to Eta-10, or all etas.

Another is (You use sessions, right? Would it be possible for you to get the user data from someone browsing a scan url?) to the same menu on the jgp itself.

For the galaxy and planet incoming, one might go on galaxy status and one might go on the overview (These are in my opinion pretty terrible ideas since there already is a lot of things on these menus).

Anyways, ideas are very welcome here.

Unread 6 Oct 2008, 19:04   #8
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
- Give me the ability to batch scan all the defenders on some eta in a jgp. Or the attackers for that matter.
Code:
Jumpgate Probe on 6:7:8 in tick 1375
Origin Mission Fleet       ETA Fleetsize Scans
1:2:17 Attack  Ku Klux Man 6   24973     PSTUNJA
1:2:16 Attack  Ku Klux Man 8   125879    PSTUNJA

[(Advance) Unit scan all incoming fleets]
Only visible for logged in planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
- Give me the ability to batch scan incomings on me or my galaxy on some eta.
Code:
4,296 INCOMING HOSTILES  4,296 INCOMING FRIENDLIES

[Advance) Unit scan all incoming hostiles] [(Advance) Unit scan all incoming friendlies]
Code:
Incoming fleets [Hide]

[(Advance) Unit scan all planets for eta] [ETA Selection drop-down box]

Target 	Origin 	Fleet 	Race 	Ships 	Mission 	ETA 	Scans
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 6 Oct 2008 at 19:11.
Unread 6 Oct 2008, 19:06   #9
Kenny

A simple ingame parser for JGP's.

Clicking 'parse' on the scan page takes you to a fleet breakdown page, with tickboxes that you can select/deselect (with a select all/defenders/attackers option) and a 'scan type' function.

Much like the galscan option, but on a JGP parse.

Code:
Fleets incoming on 1:2:3

3:2:1 Attack fleetname 8 5000
4:4:4 Defend fleetname 8 5000

Scan: [defenders]/[attackers]/[all]
ETA: [8 (LT: 999)]/[All]
Type: [planet]/[unit]/[etc]
with the items appearing in the square brackets being drop down box items.

Last edited by Kenny; 6 Oct 2008 at 19:17.
Unread 7 Oct 2008, 04:53   #10
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

or make a tickbox after each launch from newsie, then u can select them for mass unit/mil scanning them.

Somehow kennys idea sounds more tought thrue tho :P
Unread 7 Oct 2008, 07:10   #11
Mzyxptlk
mz.

I agree, Kenny's idea is better.

Got any improvements on my galaxy incomings idea?
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 21:09   #12
qebab
The Original Carebear

Admin people: Any status on this?

Unread 13 Oct 2008, 21:10   #13
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

next round at the earliest, if not the one after.
I don't know, I'll see.
Unread 13 Oct 2008, 21:18   #14
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Signed. Laziness rocks.
!!!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2008, 00:53   #15
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
next round at the earliest, if not the one after.
I don't know, I'll see.
Thanks a lot.

(Oh my god. Someone listened to me!!)

Unread 20 May 2010, 12:36   #16
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab View Post
Thanks a lot.

(Oh my god. Someone listened to me!!)
Not really.