User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Sep 2007, 17:10   #101
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Destiny and eXilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman
nice summary but like we have said since our post about us playing.. we are going alone unless forced otherwise.. so far we havent, so we stay solo.. tbh vsn been against us several of rounds, destiny was extremly against eX, VS aint that mainly 1ups, which says enough..and as for insomnia i doubt they would involve themselves in anything with the problems they have had so far..
and about against eX.. quite decent summary, i do not know regarding ND tho.. u might want to switch them out with ToF and possibly bring in HA..
lol

seriously that is all i can muster up for this post
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 17:19   #102
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

well atleast you try
Duo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 17:25   #103
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
i do not know regarding ND tho.. u might want to switch them out with ToF and possibly bring in HA..
Do u actually believe the words that ur typeing? Ministry arent involved in such a block.
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 18:17   #104
Duo

Duo has a spectacular aura aboutDuo has a spectacular aura about

You arent really a beacon of honesty either Tesla
Duo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 18:38   #105
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Oh, blocking makes sense, just not on the first week. If you feel that eX is such a threat that you need to coordinate as a block from tick 72, we have hit rock bottom.
And i think last round Ascendancy getting banged was just because they were not exactly loved by the other alliances. I doubt that a block was needed for that though.
Actually given how Exilition are more dangerous than Ascendancy, I think it makes it perfect sense. Now look - Exilition have a 100% record, over a series of rounds. If alliances aren't making it impossible for them to exist, they're accepting defeat to exilition in my view.

If you aren't as good as exilition but side with them, you're pretty much guaranteeing yourself to lose to exilition, because as the round goes on, they get better.

But other than that a nice post; "hit people if I think it's convenient, if I like people then don't". Clearly objective criteria. Accepting to lose to exilition just because they are the best is a rubbish way of looking at it.
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 19:41   #106
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo
You arent really a beacon of honesty either Tesla
blasphemy!!
Unread 8 Sep 2007, 21:09   #107
Rikard
Rebellion Rebelleader

Rikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really niceRikard is just really nice

Cartman afaik destiny never played the same round as eX so how could they have been fighting?

Another thing. If eXilition isnt tagged up, the other alliances aren't trying enough to make them.

<zhil|reportwrit> Rikard - I dont know you
<zhil|reportwrit> so you're insignificant

eXilition - LCH - Destiny - Conspiracy - Night Witches - eXcessum
Rikard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 00:08   #108
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin
Does "exilition have 110 top players with superhuman abilities, a myersiious ally, underground agreements, shady dealings, them winning again would harm the game etcetra etcetra" come across as a rock solid fact then?
not at all, although it sounds more like a justification for using a 5 ally block than a "please help us".

Quote:
amusing BA.. name 1.. and ill name u 4 u got tbh that u are scared to face us alone is kinda sad but tbh quite good for our motivation.
It's not sad that people don't want to fight eXi 1 vs 1 because eXi have proven to have the best military in the game in every round that they've played, trying to fight them solo this round would be suicidal, the smart thing to do is to gather allies, which people seem to be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Oh ffs. Not even 1 week of raids and we are already talking about blocks?
This is pure comedy. Why would anyone want to form a 4 alliance block against exilition at this stage of the game.
Because, like I said above, eXi have proven that they're the best alliance solo, so taking them out before they have the chance to grow and dominate is the most intelligent move. Remember round 19? remember the "oh no eXi aren't too much of a threat yet"? remember what happened when they were left too long? People seem to have learned from their mistakes this time around.

Quote:
nice summary but like we have said since our post about us playing.. we are going alone unless forced otherwise.. so far we havent, so we stay solo.. tbh vsn been against us several of rounds, destiny was extremly against eX, VS aint that mainly 1ups, which says enough..and as for insomnia i doubt they would involve themselves in anything with the problems they have had so far.
This is a pretty funny post - Vsn have only played one round that eXi have also played, round 13, where they were on the same side. Destiny have never palyed a round that eXi have played. The VS being mainly 1up thing is also quite funny as most people in this game are over the age of 10 and aren't going to be bitter becasue their aliance lost to yours in a spreadsheet game a few years ago.
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 00:24   #109
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
This is a pretty funny post - Vsn have only played one round that eXi have also played, round 13, where they were on the same side. Destiny have never palyed a round that eXi have played. The VS being mainly 1up thing is also quite funny as most people in this game are over the age of 10 and aren't going to be bitter becasue their aliance lost to yours in a spreadsheet game a few years ago.
Vsn has always been sided with 1up in some way.. If u had payed attention one of Destiny's HC's Antigone was the one that started the screaming for a anti eX block. And if u think that only people of the age of 10 hold grudges I must say that you are an idiot. The fights between eX and 1up created ALOT of bad blood and there are several that still hold those grudges.. You can basically ask most people if they have a grudge against someone or some ally in this game and u'll find that most actually do..
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 01:19   #110
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Vsn has always been sided with 1up in some way.
I'd like to know how the **** you came to the conclusion that joining eXi's anti 1up block in the only round that Vsn and eXi both played is siding with 1up.

Quote:
If u had payed attention one of Destiny's HC's Antigone was the one that started the screaming for a anti eX block.
you made it sound like Destiny had played a round against you before and were extremely anti you like 1up were.

Quote:
And if u think that only people of the age of 10 hold grudges I must say that you are an idiot.
And if you cut out the context of my post and reply to it I must say that you are an idiot. Nobody who isn't a complete retard will hold a grudge if they lost a round of PA to another alliance unless they thought that there was cheating/dirty play involved. I was in that 1up block in round 13 where eXi won, I was 14 ****ing years old and still held no grudge against eXilition so I refuse to believe that there are people out there that are retarded enough to do so.

Quote:
The fights between eX and 1up created ALOT of bad blood and there are several that still hold those grudges. You can basically ask most people if they have a grudge against someone or some ally in this game and u'll find that most actually do.
So much bad blood, in fact, that some 1up members that fought you in round 13 joined you in round 15, one of whom even rose to HC position. Right?
And yes, people hold grudges against other players or alliances for being faggots, not for beating them in a spreadsheet game.
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 03:00   #111
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Vsn has always been sided with 1up in some way.. If u had payed attention one of Destiny's HC's Antigone was the one that started the screaming for a anti eX block. And if u think that only people of the age of 10 hold grudges I must say that you are an idiot. The fights between eX and 1up created ALOT of bad blood and there are several that still hold those grudges.. You can basically ask most people if they have a grudge against someone or some ally in this game and u'll find that most actually do..
If this were true there would already be an anti eXi block but in reality there is not. There are several individuals that would like to see something along the lines of OPERATION MAKE eXi LOSE but no one wants to work out the details of how that would happen. Besides most of the 1up players have retired or moved on to other alliances. eXi will win and it won't even be a challenge. The only real fun you are going to get is on these forums.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 03:08   #112
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

And what fun we're having, ha ha ha.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 10:25   #113
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

This is sad on so many levels.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 10:35   #114
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
If this were true there would already be an anti eXi block but in reality there is not. There are several individuals that would like to see something along the lines of OPERATION MAKE eXi LOSE but no one wants to work out the details of how that would happen. Besides most of the 1up players have retired or moved on to other alliances. eXi will win and it won't even be a challenge. The only real fun you are going to get is on these forums.
There needs to be no details, they just need to make it happen. They can sort out the details once the job is done. Maybe they are too stupid to realise this.
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 10:38   #115
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
There needs to be no details, they just need to make it happen. They can sort out the details once the job is done. Maybe they are too stupid to realise this.
Highly likely they've already started planning on how best to backstab each other after it's done so they can win instead of focusing on the task that needs doing.

Unread 9 Sep 2007, 10:40   #116
Cartman
eXilition seXyness

Cartman has a spectacular aura aboutCartman has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I'd like to know how the **** you came to the conclusion that joining eXi's anti 1up block in the only round that Vsn and eXi both played is siding with 1up.

you made it sound like Destiny had played a round against you before and were extremely anti you like 1up were.

And if you cut out the context of my post and reply to it I must say that you are an idiot. Nobody who isn't a complete retard will hold a grudge if they lost a round of PA to another alliance unless they thought that there was cheating/dirty play involved. I was in that 1up block in round 13 where eXi won, I was 14 ****ing years old and still held no grudge against eXilition so I refuse to believe that there are people out there that are retarded enough to do so.

So much bad blood, in fact, that some 1up members that fought you in round 13 joined you in round 15, one of whom even rose to HC position. Right?
And yes, people hold grudges against other players or alliances for being faggots, not for beating them in a spreadsheet game.
I never said we had played against Destiny, and i based my thoughts on antigone asking several to block against eX. I even heard it from him.. if that aint hostile then ehm...
That you dont hold grudges may be so.. but alot do.. and if u concider them idiots etc then u have a problem as its a normal feeling to get.. Some people are actually quite competitive and hate loosing.. and when u are in an ally that u truly feel home in and fight another ally so intensly ALOT develops hate.. ask most 1ups (got same feeling when i was in CT, always heated discussiongs regarding 1up-eX.. if u need to ask 1 peep go ask Forest).. My referance to u as an idiot is because thinking that because u dont hold grudges and that u see it as childish is very blind... People have grudges no matter if its a game or rl... Thats cause people grow into the alliances they play and also have an extreme competitive feeling, and thats whats a part of making this game fun and exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler
Tbh i think that sharing bps and chans is kinda not just in talks of coops against eX.. and when all allies mentioned also refuse to bp with eX then my point is stronger backed up.. If they feel they have to block so big then so be it, I just hope that they know the block needs to be broken IF they beat eX as if not they have possibly destroyed this round with stagnation and sent pa even closer to closure
[Spore] ~ High Council
[Norsemen] ~ Chief
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 10:47   #117
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Highly likely they've already started planning on how best to backstab each other after it's done so they can win instead of focusing on the task that needs doing.
"Angels"

But anyway, here's a special hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
My favorite HC is probably Barrow. I've never worked in the same alliance as him, but I've worked together with him several times. Both as an officer as an HC, I've disliked working together with other alliances. Usually they bring piles of bullshit to the table and stink up everything. Not so with Barrow. The man is a pleasure to work with. I'd say "all business, no bullshit", but he's much too easy-going for that.

I think that primarily he understands how to serve the best interest of his own alliance without demanding that others bend over backwards to do serve it as well. Not a lot of people take this approach to diplomacy in PA, and even of those that do, none rival Barrow.
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 10:57   #118
qebab
The Original Carebear

I've worked with Barrow myself and I have to agree with jester. I was going to try to get hold of him and make join my bp this round but he's no easy guy to reach. He's probably out there somewhere, hunting golden roids...

Unread 9 Sep 2007, 11:07   #119
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I never said we had played against Destiny, and i based my thoughts on antigone asking several to block against eX. I even heard it from him.. if that aint hostile then ehm...
I asked several allys to block vs. eX? that is just amusing once again...Foxmans propaganda seems to reach the borders of exilition just in time. Destiny is an independent alliance, we care shit about any blocks nor did we ask alliances to get up a block vs. you. Its not that you wouldnt have your allies to take care of others If there is a block just counterblock and dont drag other players in the dirt...seriously!

Community Leader
Illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 11:10   #120
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
ok fine you can mark down Destiny as being hostile because Antigone is apparently trying to get an anti-eX block in order for his alliance to stand a chance. The vision stuff was bull and the VS stuff is also mainly bull as, like Travler pointed out, most 1up players are gone.

Quote:
That you dont hold grudges may be so.. but alot do.. and if u concider them idiots etc then u have a problem as its a normal feeling to get.. Some people are actually quite competitive and hate loosing.. and when u are in an ally that u truly feel home in and fight another ally so intensly ALOT develops hate.. ask most 1ups (got same feeling when i was in CT, always heated discussiongs regarding 1up-eX.. if u need to ask 1 peep go ask Forest).. My referance to u as an idiot is because thinking that because u dont hold grudges and that u see it as childish is very blind... People have grudges no matter if its a game or rl... Thats cause people grow into the alliances they play and also have an extreme competitive feeling, and thats whats a part of making this game fun and exciting
I still maintain that hating people and instantly starting a block against them because they beat you 5, 8 and 10 rounds ago is stupid and to be honest, the only alliances I've seen hold grudges like this are eXi and Angels. Last time I checked most alliances wiped their political slate at the start of each round but eXi always seemed retardedly anti 1up (anyone remember logs from SkyHead's BG's meeting in round 14? "keep your anti 1up spirit, we're in their block!") and it's pretty stupid.
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 11:50   #121
qebab
The Original Carebear

I'm sorry Kila, but far from all people are sensible in that way. Believe it or not, but tons of people who should know better (Myself included) hold grudges from way back. This is also something you would have noticed if you ever had to try cooperating with people who dislike you for no other reason than you being in, or having been in an alliance they have bad memories of.

Unread 9 Sep 2007, 12:05   #122
_Kila_
break it down!

I knew that it was the case for Angels and people hating on them for backstabbing everyone, which meant that no alliances wanted to co-operate with them in later rounds. I just didn't think that people in this game would be petty enough to hate someone for beating them at a spreadsheet game.
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 12:54   #123
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I knew that it was the case for Angels and people hating on them for backstabbing everyone, which meant that no alliances wanted to co-operate with them in later rounds. I just didn't think that people in this game would be petty enough to hate someone for beating them at a spreadsheet game.
And that coming from YOU who was one of the most vocal persons on this forum that kept saying we only don't play 2 rounds in a row because we fear the wrath of all the alliance that we beat?
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 13:28   #124
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Yggdra=-
And that coming from YOU who was one of the most vocal persons on this forum that kept saying we only don't play 2 rounds in a row because we fear the wrath of all the alliance that we beat?
I may have posted once or twice saying that you not playing 2 rounds in a row makes it easier for you to win (no hate for winning previous round, and you get a round's break) but what does that have to do with what you quoted?
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 17:40   #125
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
and when u are in an ally that u truly feel home in and fight another ally so intensly ALOT develops hate.. ask most 1ups (got same feeling when i was in CT, always heated discussiongs regarding 1up-eX.. if u need to ask 1 peep go ask Forest).. My referance to u as an idiot is because thinking that because u dont hold grudges and that u see it as childish is very blind... People have grudges no matter if its a game or rl...
I think you miss the point somewhat.

I don't hate Exi and want them to lose through hate.

I want to be battling against them because at this time in the game they are the best. And I just don't see the point in playing if you are not using the best as your yardstick.
What else to use? Measure oursleves against f-crew (or other random alliance)? What would be the point?

I want to be against the best, and I will either win against the best or I will fail knowing I did my best.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 17:42   #126
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
but eXi always seemed retardedly anti 1up (anyone remember logs from SkyHead's BG's meeting in round 14? "keep your anti 1up spirit, we're in their block!") and it's pretty stupid.
And 1up seemed retardedly anti-eX during the rounds *exilition did play* Round 14 eX didn't play. That wouldn't have been kosher in an eX round. Noone of the eX HC ever said anything remotely that retarded.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 17:42   #127
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
I still maintain that hating people and instantly starting a block against them because they beat you 5, 8 and 10 rounds ago is stupid and to be honest, the only alliances I've seen hold grudges like this are eXi and Angels. Last time I checked most alliances wiped their political slate at the start of each round but eXi always seemed retardedly anti 1up (anyone remember logs from SkyHead's BG's meeting in round 14? "keep your anti 1up spirit, we're in their block!") and it's pretty stupid.
Again, Exi went for 1up knowing that that was the alliance to beat in order to win.

I dont think thats bred from hate, but by being direct enemies at a time when no other alliance could cope with either of us.
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2007, 20:02   #128
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
I think you miss the point somewhat.

I don't hate Exi and want them to lose through hate.

I want to be battling against them because at this time in the game they are the best. And I just don't see the point in playing if you are not using the best as your yardstick.
What else to use? Measure oursleves against f-crew (or other random alliance)? What would be the point?

I want to be against the best, and I will either win against the best or I will fail knowing I did my best.
Thats a good reason. Unfortunatley with the exception of R19 eXi did not win purely on the basis of wanting to beat 1up. eXi use the anti 1up sentiment caused by 1up winning each round preceding eXi playing.

R19 was won by eXi because they were the best and wanted to prove they could win 2 rounds in a row. This round they have little to prove as no current alliance playing has won by beating another alliance on its own. This round is more like bowling for eXi as the real challenge for them is to see if they can play a perfect game just like in bowling where the real challenge is to bowl a perfect 300 game.

Unread 9 Sep 2007, 21:08   #129
Ziw
cute and fluffy

Ziw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the roughZiw is a jewel in the rough

Right, to clear that stuff that was typed about me whilst I was in Estonia due to bussnies.
Why I don't play for InSomnia?
I'we retiered from pa. And with my current willingness, time and careing about this game I simply fealt InSomnia would be better off without me.
As I did used to HC, and play in InSomnia(the ONLY right thing about me in this threat? no1 meantioned me beein a count yet..), it is my view that they only schould have me as a player/officer/hc/scanner if I can give the propper commitment I would like to give an alliance I do care about that mutch.
Why I play for eXilition?
I don't.
I scan, and help out if Almeida needs me to, as I promissed him a good while ago.

So what does this make me for this round? Inactive is my guess, just as the same as rounds that's been played lately..

Tbh, I would like to get access(again, since I did used to play a bit of CS with eXi ages ago) to the chan I'm suposedly scanning for multiple alliances in
Btw, <3 Mek
[23:19:48] <wish> Thats gay. I like it
Ziw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 05:45   #130
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziw
I scan, and help out if Almeida needs me to, as I promissed him a good while ago.

So what does this make me for this round?
Supportplanet?
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 06:03   #131
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirikk
Supportplanet?
No, it doesn't.
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 06:41   #132
Zirikk
Bounce Back Champion, TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Penguin Bashing Champion, War on Terror Champion, Bugz Champion

Zirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to beholdZirikk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Cool!
Zirikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Sep 2007, 09:27   #133
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
Backstabbing everyone? People have backstabbed each other in this game since the very start, some backstabs were forgiven or forgotten and others weren't. Holding grudges for being backstabbed is fair enough, in my opinion (Fool me once etc), or at least being cautious. The grudges I hold are for what I would call backstabs. That's not what this is about though.

I can guarantee you that there are a lot of people who are petty enough to hate (Or at least dislike, distrust or work against) someone for beating them, be it at chess, some football game, or for having felt slighted by them in one way or another. Reason tells me that some of these people play Planetarion, and experience tends to agree.

Unread 10 Sep 2007, 22:47   #134
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Shady dealings are 'wrong' when your alliance boasts being the best solo.

Also, Cartman. lol. You seem more out of touch than myself regarding anti-1up/pro-1up sentiment.

It was always easier to build anti-1up sentiment than anti-eXilition.

Everyone loves the baddies

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2007, 01:54   #135
Luckyiam.PSC

Luckyiam.PSC is infamous around these parts

Hows it going Mek? Waiting for an Insomnia announcement ...
Luckyiam.PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Sep 2007, 02:51   #136
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Try scrolling 9 topics down. 8 if some inconsiderate jerk decides to bump another topic.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 08:34   #137
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
terrible propaganda all around

wow that is the funniest line i have ever seen coming from Alki!!!!!!

iam sorry iam going off topic, but this really is priceless

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 19:39   #138
_Kila_
break it down!

Quote:
Backstabbing everyone? People have backstabbed each other in this game since the very start, some backstabs were forgiven or forgotten and others weren't. Holding grudges for being backstabbed is fair enough, in my opinion (Fool me once etc), or at least being cautious. The grudges I hold are for what I would call backstabs. That's not what this is about though.
It did come across as too anti Angels, I just remember that during round 19, ND and Omen were refusing to co-operate with Angels because they thought that Angels would backstab them as they had been "renowned for doing" if you will.

Yes there are things that holding grudges for is fine, like backstabbing. I hold grudges against people who I think are complete morons and think that's fine, but holding grudges against people for beating you at a game is petty.
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 20:02   #139
_Kila_
break it down!

also I'd like to commend the anti eXi block (if it even exists) on the great job they're doing, you've made a whole 23 members tag up! good going guys!
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 20:10   #140
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
also I'd like to commend the anti eXi block (if it even exists) on the great job they're doing, you've made a whole 23 members tag up! good going guys!
There is about as big a "anti eX block" as there is a eX block tbh. If that answers ur question.
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 20:54   #141
_Kila_
break it down!

well, if I assume that most of the rumours here are true, it's 4 vs 4! except eXi have allied with crappy allies who are content to flak for them as per usual (hi Subh + HR round 15)
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 21:32   #142
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Quote:
Shhhhh!!!!! The anti eXi block will be revealed too soon. In the shadows they must wait.

Unread 12 Sep 2007, 21:58   #143
Tesla
Custom User Title

Quote:
well, if I assume that most of the rumours here are true, it's 4 vs 4! except eXi have allied with crappy allies who are content to flak for them as per usual (hi Subh + HR round 15)
id assume that the rumours arent true then, if I were you :|
Unread 12 Sep 2007, 22:19   #144
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
It did come across as too anti Angels, I just remember that during round 19, ND and Omen were refusing to co-operate with Angels because they thought that Angels would backstab them as they had been "renowned for doing" if you will.
No offense taken, if that's what you were worried about. I know fully well the reputation we had. I also know that people refused to cooperate with FO because of this reputation even though the HC was entirely new. I don't blame them but at the same time it felt unjustified, none of our HC had anything to do with the decisions that gave us the reputation.

Quote:
Yes there are things that holding grudges for is fine, like backstabbing. I hold grudges against people who I think are complete morons and think that's fine, but holding grudges against people for beating you at a game is petty.
Where to draw the line, though?

Some people hold grudges for what they deem to be overblocking. Some people hold grudges against entire alliances because they don't like one of the HC, or some of the members. Maybe someone holds grudges for being under attack constantly for a week, or for losing after spending a significant portion of a round online and losing because of what they would call dirty tricks (Back to overblocking, maybe throw in some support planet drivel, etc.).

Maybe you could say petty, but I can't say I don't understand it at all. And there is no evidence that suggests everyone playing this game on a serious level are honorable, just people, and would never hold a grudge for a bad reason. Taking a guess, I'd say a large amount of people (Among them probably officers and HC) hold grudges from many years back. I don't say that this is justified or anything, and some things might be forgiven or forgotten, but the impression of people from back then will still lurk in the back of their heads.

Personally I stick to the opinion that holding grudges against a person is (to some extent) fine, but not against a group of people where a lot of them might never have given me a reason to do so, but I don't think that 100% of the players with influence in Planetarion have the same point of view.

Unread 14 Sep 2007, 22:04   #145
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I think I did a pretty good job, they quit, VS or Ministry next.

Nah on a serious note, you guys gonna stick around for long?

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2007, 04:42   #146
BlueArmy
EMO HC OF ASCENDANCY

BlueArmy will become famous soon enoughBlueArmy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHead
I think I did a pretty good job, they quit, VS or Ministry next.

Nah on a serious note, you guys gonna stick around for long?
like anything you could do could even remotely affect us

we're sticking round here aslong as we see fit

Ministry for life.
BlueArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2007, 09:34   #147
SkyHead

SkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura aboutSkyHead has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueArmy
like anything you could do could even remotely affect us

we're sticking round here aslong as we see fit

I could always join you

"Veni, Vidi, Dormivi" - I came, I saw, I slept.
SkyHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Sep 2007, 23:32   #148
Ave

Ave is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of lightAve is a glorious beacon of light

so who is runing exi and who are their core members?
Ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Sep 2007, 01:25   #149
qebab
The Original Carebear

eXilition are running eXilition and eXilition are their core members.

Unread 16 Sep 2007, 01:25   #150
berten
respect, unity, order

berten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the roughberten is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
No offense taken, if that's what you were worried about. I know fully well the reputation we had. I also know that people refused to cooperate with FO because of this reputation even though the HC was entirely new. I don't blame them but at the same time it felt unjustified, none of our HC had anything to do with the decisions that gave us the reputation.

Where to draw the line, though?

Some people hold grudges for what they deem to be overblocking. Some people hold grudges against entire alliances because they don't like one of the HC, or some of the members. Maybe someone holds grudges for being under attack constantly for a week, or for losing after spending a significant portion of a round online and losing because of what they would call dirty tricks (Back to overblocking, maybe throw in some support planet drivel, etc.).

Maybe you could say petty, but I can't say I don't understand it at all. And there is no evidence that suggests everyone playing this game on a serious level are honorable, just people, and would never hold a grudge for a bad reason. Taking a guess, I'd say a large amount of people (Among them probably officers and HC) hold grudges from many years back. I don't say that this is justified or anything, and some things might be forgiven or forgotten, but the impression of people from back then will still lurk in the back of their heads.

Personally I stick to the opinion that holding grudges against a person is (to some extent) fine, but not against a group of people where a lot of them might never have given me a reason to do so, but I don't think that 100% of the players with influence in Planetarion have the same point of view.

I'd like to quote this for truth.

Just look at the way how Dragons and ministrians (or whatever etc) look at eachother

That grudge will never go away.