User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions

Unread 1 Aug 2007, 13:43   #1
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Clarification wanted!

Reward: <fill in as you want here>

Anyway, it should be pretty obvious what this thread is about. I think I'm going to find time to play next round on some level, and I don't really have it in me to leave, not after I've been more or less gone all summer. However, I want some clarifications. This round, I saw people being closed for scanning, while they obviously didn't know that what they were doing was wrong. I want to avoid this, and I'm sure others want to avoid it as well. I want to know the rules clearly. The support planet rule is really loose, but I would like to hear some clarifications regarding the so-called grey areas (People should be bright enough to understand what I'm on about by now).

For instance, if I play next round, and scan, how many percent of my scans must be for my own alliance? Can I just claim that I have only scanned for my own alliance, and the reason that the scans were benificial to other people is that they got them secondhand? Will what Transcendancy is doing be outlawed? Personally, I believe that Transcendancy is a good thing, and that outlawing it will send the wrong signals to the community, but I have no say in the matter and won't pretend that I do.

If I seem to be crossing the line for some odd breach of the support planet rule that no one has ever been closed for before, will I be warned and told to stop, or will I be closed on the instant and not get any chance to get reopened? Will my closure/not closure depend on who the multihunter on watch is, what his/her mood is, or can I trust it to be reasonably objective? What I mean is: will the multihunter team agree to what the support planet rule covers, and agree how to handle these cases, or will they act as individuals?

If I sign up to do covertops, do I need to spread my covops randomly across the universe and make sure that I target every alliance equally?

I also note that this:
Quote:
Support Accounts are accounts which are dedicated to undertaking specific
and repeated actions which result in an unfair benefit for a
planet/organisation, where an organisation is defined as an alliance or galaxy.
Could be used to close me if I decided to defend no one but my own galaxy. Will this possibly happen? However, if I decide to defend no one but my own cluster, the rule doesn't cover it. Odd? I don't know.

Last:

What are the chances of seeing changes to the rule (Hopefully seeing it gone altogether)?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2007, 14:38   #2
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold
Re: Clarification wanted!

qeb if you come back ibb2

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 15:37   #3
Griffon

Griffon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Reward: <fill in as you want here>

also note that this:

Could be used to close me if I decided to defend no one but my own galaxy. Will this possibly happen? However, if I decide to defend no one but my own cluster, the rule doesn't cover it. Odd? I don't know.

Last:

What are the chances of seeing changes to the rule (Hopefully seeing it gone altogether)?
I notice here that you talk about deffing your galaxy you seem to be misunderstanding a key part of the rule, the rules says that you cannot be set up for a key purpose surely you will not be playing JUST to def your gal and alliance? if you were set up purely as a defense planet then that would be a breach but you can just def in gal as long as you arepl aying the game properly hope that clears that part up

Regards

Griffon
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2007, 16:21   #4
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon
I notice here that you talk about deffing your galaxy you seem to be misunderstanding a key part of the rule, the rules says that you cannot be set up for a key purpose surely you will not be playing JUST to def your gal and alliance? if you were set up purely as a defense planet then that would be a breach but you can just def in gal as long as you arepl aying the game properly hope that clears that part up

Regards

Griffon
What? Clears it up incorrectly?

As long as he is in the tag hes defending, he can defending in galaxy, in cluster and in alliance as much as he wants.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 17:27   #5
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future

qebab, post a support request through http://game.planetarion.com/support.pl to force a reply from the support team and post the answer you get here.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 17:43   #6
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReaper
qebab, post a support request through http://game.planetarion.com/support.pl to force a reply from the support team and post the answer you get here.
It's a question for the multihunters, not the support team.
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 18:46   #7
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

qebab,
I am currently in the process of changing some things regarding the support planet rule and there will be clarification in that regard before next round starts. I am not going to post what the clarifications will be at this time since the final decisions have not been made yet and I don't want to have to retract a post. I will say that scanning and cov opping are being discussed.
Fiery
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 21:08   #8
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Will you give us some slack on ruler/planet-names and gal banners as well? ;p
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:25   #9
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

No slack for you, Nadar, sorry.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote