User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jul 2007, 17:05   #1
Thrud
Old User

Thrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to beholdThrud is a splendid one to behold
New BCalc Server

The server for the BCalc has been straining a little under the load recently so I have acquired another server, this server is quite a bit more powerful than the current one and so far in testing has proven to be 4 to 5 times faster than the current server under 0 load conditions. Along with this I have also acquired a new domain name, so the calc can be accessed at bcalc.roid.me.uk, it is still early days for this server and may still require some tweaking of the apache settings to ensure it can handle the connections, so if you have troubles accessing the server let me know on IRC and I'll see if I can sort it out. Any saves done on this server should be available on the current server and vice versa. It is recommended that the new server be used in preference to the current but both will continue to be available in the future as I expect the current server to become the backup server over time and remove the bcalc.no-ip.com backup that currently exists.

I would be grateful for any feed back on the performance of the new server as its very difficult for me to tell at the moment.

Cheers Thrud
Thrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 19:15   #2
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: New BCalc Server

As always, thanks for doing the whole bcalc thing. It's the best there is.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 19:40   #3
Red-

Red- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these partsRed- is infamous around these parts

Agree, super
Unread 21 Jul 2007, 22:10   #4
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

I love how your bcalc adds value/score/roid-count of the planets when you parse a scan into it It's superb! Keep it going.