User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 29 May 2007, 09:37   #151
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all
Re: Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika
Hello all
<3
Great day isn't it?
Great ****ing day to see ascendancy top 2 overall score, which supports the fact that
"they" won the round.

first losers amirite?

-Cead

Last edited by Ceadrath; 29 May 2007 at 11:37.
Unread 29 May 2007, 09:48   #152
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Stop being a dick chika. We already settled that the rankings decide who actually wins.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:01   #153
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Either you win, or your loose.
So tbfh i dont see the big deal with ending 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10th.
Your still not winners, just whiners

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:10   #154
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Just to reiterate:

Just because we know when to cut our losses, doesn't make you amazing. To reiterate further: **** off.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:41   #155
HRH_H_Crab
Jazz Maverick

HRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud ofHRH_H_Crab has much to be proud of

Quote:
While I think they are being a bit "amusing" on the boards, if PA crew for some bizarre reason decided to extend the round by another month or two, I really wouldn't put it past them to actually cut WPs lead and win properly.

This really is something they can be justly proud of despite a few tongue-in-cheek posts.

It isn't simply because the rest of us are so crap, but that certainly helped!
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:45   #156
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Stop being a dick chika. We already settled that the rankings decide who actually wins.
Who settled on that?
And simultaneously, what authority do they have over my beliefs?

Also. Naturally, top 2 score wise means **** all. I am only bringing it up because there appears to be minions that are fighting us for it. They probably won't publicly admit this, thus I balled it up into a nice round compact form and tossed it in their face. Do you like it? probably not.
Do I like it? YES.
Unread 29 May 2007, 10:57   #157
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't know, I think they did back in 2004-2005 sometime when they designed PAX.

And you are being annoying, yes.

Unread 29 May 2007, 11:03   #158
Chika

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't know, I think they did back in 2004-2005 sometime when they designed PAX.
The tag system was implemented entirely to coerce alliances to join a set tag. (a feature that served no purpose prior to the benefit of reduces defence time) Naturally the community migrated to this feature and used it as a measure. Sadly, i don't think you get my point of an alliance having the top gals and planets controlling the universe, thus effectively winning. I don't expect you to use your brain when it comes to a point I am making, so no offence taken.

Quote:
And you are being annoying, yes.
If a tree falls in the middle of the woods, does it make a sound?
I will be the first to admit that I am only an ass because people slap it when I put it out there. :shrugs:
Unread 29 May 2007, 11:07   #159
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
The tag system was implemented entirely to coerce alliances to join a set tag. (a feature that served no purpose prior to the benefit of reduces defence time) Naturally the community migrated to this feature and used it as a measure. Sadly, i don't think you get my point of an alliance having the top gals and planets controlling the universe, thus effectively winning. I don't expect you to use your brain when it comes to a point I am making, so no offence taken.
I have played plenty of rounds in a game where the winning alliance is measured in this way (In the old way, if that wasn't clear), and I am well able to distinguish between losers and winners. The point remains though, that this is not how it is done in PA, so you're just doing your best to be a dick over something that is a non-issue. This is your choice, I'm just telling you that I think you're annoying (You happen to sound like a Britney Spears single on repeat or something to my ears).

Quote:
If a tree falls in the middle of the woods, does it make a sound?
I will be the first to admit that I am only an ass because people slap it when I put it out there. :shrugs:
Because they're getting annoyed by you, maybe?

Unread 29 May 2007, 11:11   #160
Chika

Quote:
I have played plenty of rounds in a game where the winning alliance is measured in this way (In the old way, if that wasn't clear), and I am well able to distinguish between losers and winners. The point remains though, that this is not how it is done in PA, so you're just doing your best to be a dick over something that is a non-issue. This is your choice, I'm just telling you that I think you're annoying (You happen to sound like a Britney Spears single on repeat or something to my ears).
It is an issue though. I brought up a point and reason behind it. The only point that you or anyone have brought up is that "that is not the way it is".
That sounds pretty dumb and narrowminded doesn't it?
Also-
NEWSFLASH: telling chika` that he is annoying went out of style about 7-9 rounds ago.
Unread 29 May 2007, 11:14   #161
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Just to reiterate:

Just because we know when to cut our losses
PT 72?
Unread 29 May 2007, 11:15   #162
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

The Ascendancyier they are, the harder they fall...

Unread 29 May 2007, 11:24   #163
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
It is an issue though. I brought up a point and reason behind it. The only point that you or anyone have brought up is that "that is not the way it is".
That sounds pretty dumb and narrowminded doesn't it?
Don't get me wrong, I am impressed by the fact that Ascendancy basically holds the 4 best galaxies, I am impressed by the fact that Ascendancy has the most top 100 planets, and I am very unimpressed by the other alliances playing.

However, winning as an alliance means just that, in these days. If an alliance ranked 11 and held the top 10 planets, they would not be the winners of the round. It would be an impressive achievement, but the alliance ranking is about score accumulation, not impressive achievements or "effective power" or anything like that. It has to be this way because it is the only viable way to declare winners without problems. If it wasn't like this, I would imagine there to be tons of arguments about who actually won this round - and in a game where there are prizes for winning, the admins need to be able to declare winners without this. It needs to be something that is easy to measure and easy to aim for, you don't see alliances playing for the win (At all, actually, but disregard that for a second) trying to decide whether to put their effort into getting as many top galaxies as possible, or getting the most top 100 planets, they go for tagrankings. It needs to be this way, if you disagree then fine. However, under the same logic, you could start spouting drivel about how Ascendancy did not win round 16 because of lack of value, or you could say that Ascendancy won round 20 over top 100 planets. You could question a lot of wins. It is easier for everyone the way it is now.

If you don't want to understand this, then keep living in a world where alliances aren't measured by their accumulated score. But don't try to enforce this view on to others.

Unread 29 May 2007, 11:26   #164
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Chika, you're annoying.

<3?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 29 May 2007, 11:27   #165
Chika

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I am impressed by the fact that Ascendancy basically holds the 4 best galaxies, I am impressed by the fact that Ascendancy has the most top 100 planets, and I am very unimpressed by the other alliances playing.

However, winning as an alliance means just that, in these days. If an alliance ranked 11 and held the top 10 planets, they would not be the winners of the round. It would be an impressive achievement, but the alliance ranking is about score accumulation, not impressive achievements or "effective power" or anything like that. It has to be this way because it is the only viable way to declare winners without problems. If it wasn't like this, I would imagine there to be tons of arguments about who actually won this round - and in a game where there are prizes for winning, the admins need to be able to declare winners without this. It needs to be something that is easy to measure and easy to aim for, you don't see alliances playing for the win (At all, actually, but disregard that for a second) trying to decide whether to put their effort into getting as many top galaxies as possible, or getting the most top 100 planets, they go for tagrankings. It needs to be this way, if you disagree then fine. However, under the same logic, you could start spouting drivel about how Ascendancy did not win round 16 because of lack of value, or you could say that Ascendancy won round 20 over top 100 planets. You could question a lot of wins. It is easier for everyone the way it is now.

If you don't want to understand this, then keep living in a world where alliances aren't measured by their accumulated score. But don't try to enforce this view on to others.
the second you brought up "prizes" we hopped off the same wavelength.
Unread 29 May 2007, 11:28   #166
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
the second you brought up "prizes" we hopped off the same wavelength.
We did this the second you said you had a point.

Unread 29 May 2007, 11:28   #167
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Either you win, or your loose.
So tbfh i dont see the big deal with ending 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10th.
I agree. Someone congratulated me on Ascendancy coming 2nd the other day, to which the natural reply was 'yeah, we're the first losers.' Anyone who thinks Ascendancy is winning this round is stuck in the past. We'll have top planet and top galaxy, which is cool, but we're going to have them because we didn't get into a long, siege-like war with lots of other alliances.

We've had a couple of tiffs throughout the round, but the longest one was 3 days with Conspiracy this weekend, and that only lasted 3 days because they were spectucarly good at crashing.
Unread 29 May 2007, 11:32   #168
Chika

Quote:
If this was a wit war, I didn't get the memo. We could go there, but I am not good at those these days.
Unread 29 May 2007, 11:52   #169
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Chika man the standard of your trolling has dropped homes (
Take lessons from AllFather man.
Unread 29 May 2007, 22:42   #170
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol
Unread 29 May 2007, 23:20   #171
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

If Wolfpack and Ascendancy were playing the top100/galaxy game instead of the score accumulation game, one would surely expect Wolfpack to compete very differently. I'd personally still expect them to win this round. Chika, I (doubt but) hope you'll understand why that might be and how that leaves your relentless assertions to be utterly worthless.
Unread 30 May 2007, 07:43   #172
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I agree. Someone congratulated me on Ascendancy coming 2nd the other day, to which the natural reply was 'yeah, we're the first losers.' Anyone who thinks Ascendancy is winning this round is stuck in the past. We'll have top planet and top galaxy, which is cool, but we're going to have them because we didn't get into a long, siege-like war with lots of other alliances.

We've had a couple of tiffs throughout the round, but the longest one was 3 days with Conspiracy this weekend, and that only lasted 3 days because they were spectucarly good at crashing.
wow someone head is massive...

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
Unread 30 May 2007, 07:53   #173
Chika

I deleted this thread because yesterday on irc qebab was sort of whining like a girl about me dragging ascendancy's name through the dirt(he kissed a few ascen members asses, they liked him for it, now he has some sort of pass to whine to chika. I respect the notion though).
Anyway, the arguement of "thats the way it is" is a stupid one and without amplification of "why", I fail to be able to follow in the dimwitted footsteps of fellow PA players that fail to want to hop on ascendancy's nutz with me.
Unread 30 May 2007, 08:00   #174
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
. Chika, I (doubt but) hope you'll understand why that might be and how that leaves your relentless assertions to be utterly worthless.
It can't be worthless if people harp on the issue that I brought forth(saying you are not harping on it, is in fact harping on it). I lose a geek fighting, but I noticed an opportunity to virtually slam-dunk on a lot of geeks, particularly the WP bandwagon, and most recently the nerds that actually have tried to fight, without success, for second place. You may not like what I have to say, but the only thing I am saying is the facts. Ascendancy owned the round. They won in the best collective fashion, meaning, instead of a few big headed HC saying lame ass shit at the winners ceremony and one or two big planets being satisfied, about 30-40 ascen members will be happy, due to having the top 4 gals ,and the most top planets. If you think about it, ascendancy's only competition was themselves.
Unread 30 May 2007, 08:05   #175
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Please stop saying we were "fighting for second place" when we quite obviously weren't.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
Unread 30 May 2007, 08:12   #176
Chika

who said you bro'. Feeling guilty?
Unread 30 May 2007, 08:26   #177
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
instead of a few big headed HC saying lame ass shit at the winners ceremony and one or two big planets being satisfied, about 30-40 ascen members will be happy
I know you're just playing "troll's-advocate," but I think all our members will be happy (and proud) of what they've done at the winners ceremony. Ascendancy have done well, but as jesterina was wise enough to point out, they weren't engaged in any long, drawn-out wars throughout this round. To be quite frank, I'd say given the generalized playing style and alliance structure of Ascendency compared to Wolfpack, I would honestly say you'd have to work more as a team to accomplish what Wolfpack has done this round than what Ascendenacy has done.

edit: to clarify, teamwork meaning alliance-wise, not galaxy-wise.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 30 May 2007, 08:47   #178
Chika

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
but I think all our members will be happy (and proud)
I KNOW ascen members will be happy, due to the fact that they played a direct part in the victory. Not barely playing, sending a few fleets defence, and your planet and gal are crap. They didn't help the ally win, they were just lucky to be in Wp this round.
Unread 30 May 2007, 10:37   #179
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Chika`: Don't be shit.
Unread 30 May 2007, 11:56   #180
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
I know you're just playing "troll's-advocate," but I think all our members will be happy (and proud) of what they've done at the winners ceremony. Ascendancy have done well, but as jesterina was wise enough to point out, they weren't engaged in any long, drawn-out wars throughout this round. To be quite frank, I'd say given the generalized playing style and alliance structure of Ascendency compared to Wolfpack, I would honestly say you'd have to work more as a team to accomplish what Wolfpack has done this round than what Ascendenacy has done.

edit: to clarify, teamwork meaning alliance-wise, not galaxy-wise.
You mean team in the rigid hierarchy sense. While chika may in fact be trolling I think he did hit upon a point I'd probably agree with. Regardless of the amount of success wolfpack or ascendancy had this round the average member probably did more in ascendancy to contribute to this success than the average wolfpack member. This could either be considered to reflect poorly on wolfpack members or poorly on ascendany hc (seeing as we have no officers I can't mention those). Of course it's not really either, it's just the way we work.

For an example of what I mean a lot of our teamwork emerges on the level of individual members co-operating as regards attack/defence etc.
Unread 30 May 2007, 12:29   #181
qebab
The Original Carebear

Quote:
I deleted this thread because yesterday
You did, and thousands of angels in heaven cried out in delight.
Quote:
on irc qebab was sort of whining like a girl about me dragging ascendancy's name through the dirt
You forgot to mention that this was a response to you telling me to stop disagreeing with you where other people could see it.
Quote:
(he kissed a few ascen members asses, they liked him for it, now he has some sort of pass to whine to chika. I respect the notion though).
This is the beauty of Ascendancy, I don't need any sort of pass to whine to you, and you don't need one to whine to me. Let it be said that it takes a whole lot to actually annoy me enough to voice my disagreement with members of my own alliance in public though (I think you and Kjeldoran are the only people to have achieved this, ever).
Quote:
Anyway, the arguement of "thats the way it is" is a stupid one and without amplification of "why", I fail to be able to follow in the dimwitted footsteps of fellow PA players that fail to want to hop on ascendancy's nutz with me.
Then why don't you put down your case to the admins and make them decide the winner in your way, in following rounds? This should be simple since you have so many good reasons, and we have none. Thing is, every player and every alliance needs to follow the same rules, or we wouldn't be playing the same game. You don't change the rules during a round, it is that simple.

Unread 30 May 2007, 12:32   #182
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
You mean team in the rigid hierarchy sense. While chika may in fact be trolling I think he did hit upon a point I'd probably agree with. Regardless of the amount of success wolfpack or ascendancy had this round the average member probably did more in ascendancy to contribute to this success than the average wolfpack member. This could either be considered to reflect poorly on wolfpack members or poorly on ascendany hc (seeing as we have no officers I can't mention those). Of course it's not really either, it's just the way we work.

For an example of what I mean a lot of our teamwork emerges on the level of individual members co-operating as regards attack/defence etc.
I guess when you have enough experienced members you can stop relying on a rigid structure. Your members know what ships to send on a defence call and trust the judgement of the one under attack, know how to cooperate on attacks. Plus, the lesser the numbers, the easier it is to manage an alliance with a non-rigid structure.
I disagree however with your comment about effort. WP members have been constantly tested in the battlefield this round, perhaps not in the level that eX and 1up were tested rounds ago, but still, it was not a walk in the park as the numbers suggest, we kept on attacking and defending, we spent over half of this round doing planet targetting. I don't think Ascendancy was tested as hard as WP this round, probably because nobody took Ascendancy as a serious contender or enemy, but i think next round things will be different. Next round you will be considered a contender for #1, and will be dealt accordingly.
Unread 30 May 2007, 12:35   #183
Illuvatar
Mastermind

Illuvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the roughIlluvatar is a jewel in the rough

try reversed psychology..

"Congratulations Ascendancy for winning Round 21, defeating all contenders in a tough war and to be clearly the incarnation of sexyness"

Community Leader
Unread 30 May 2007, 13:45   #184
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone
try reversed psychology..

"Congratulations Ascendancy for winning Round 21, defeating all contenders in a tough war and to be clearly the incarnation of sexyness"

doesnt work then ppl with less iq than average tries to do the reversed thingie

Unread 30 May 2007, 14:03   #185
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
I guess when you have enough experienced members you can stop relying on a rigid structure. Your members know what ships to send on a defence call and trust the judgement of the one under attack, know how to cooperate on attacks. Plus, the lesser the numbers, the easier it is to manage an alliance with a non-rigid structure.
This is complete rubbish. How many Ascendancy members can you name? The 10-15 that post on the forum most? The fact is that people only see the loudest Ascendancy members and ignore the fact that we do in actual fact have over 60 members, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those who finish top100 are completely unknown to the most of you.

We have all sorts of members, don't let yourself by fooled by representativeness bias.

As for that last sentence, it would be correct if it did not specify "manage". It's a false comparison.
Unread 30 May 2007, 14:10   #186
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Cant we all just hold hands and praise my glorious genius & 1337 pwnpwn planetarionskills instead?

Unread 30 May 2007, 14:24   #187
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Well, some people did warn against Ascendancy throughout their round, but people were too busy courting them to see them as a real danger. Ascendancy played a well played round politics wise, and so did WP, others I don't think did such a good job however. Divide and conquer did WP play well, and the what shall i call it, Mongol hordism strategy by Asc worked.'

However, there were lots of alliances who I would honestly have to say was blatantly under preforming this round.
Unread 30 May 2007, 14:29   #188
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Politics in the current planetarion?
H E H

Politics & Intel is a thing of the past.
Now its simply "don't hit anyone & hang in public chans if you can be arsed to gather "Intel"".

Think you can count the people still playing pa on one hand who has the knowledge & abilities to do actual intel and proper politics.

Unread 30 May 2007, 14:35   #189
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfather
Politics in the current planetarion?
H E H

Politics & Intel is a thing of the past.
Now its simply "don't hit anyone & hang in public chans if you can be arsed to gather "Intel"".

Think you can count the people still playing pa on one hand who has the knowledge & abilities to do actual intel and proper politics.
And im assuming you are one of them? I've heard nothing but unconstructive sloppy comments that even I would not dignify myself in delving into. You have since you returned been nothing but a negative offset on theese boards and in general, I dont know who you are, but I can assure you, if you are anything like anyone of the people you've mentioned as being people who were from the "good old days" then im happy i stopped playing round 5 to come back r12. Because (and I will prolly get banned or yelled at for trolling for saying this) you sir, are a moron of the biggest kind, and then im not saying it in a nice way, more a SHUT UP, or PUT UP kind of way.
Unread 30 May 2007, 15:26   #190
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No it won't be deleted, because you attempted to justify why he's a moron.
Unread 30 May 2007, 15:54   #191
Chika

Quote:
You forgot to mention that this was a response to you telling me to stop disagreeing with you where other people could see it.
Dude, if you knew anything about my history on these boards, you would slap yourself for suggesting that I didn't want others to see you disagreeing with me.
I see you don't get the point. Ascendancy members do not argue with me on these boards because they know I am a big fat ***** who likes to start things. My train of thought is sporatic in nature, and you, being ascendancy, make yourself look like a dumbass actually going back and forth with me.
You sir are the type of person that would participate in a civil war.
Unread 30 May 2007, 16:04   #192
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Dude, if you knew anything about my history on these boards, you would slap yourself for suggesting that I didn't want others to see you disagreeing with me.
I see you don't get the point. Ascendancy members do not argue with me on these boards because they know I am a big fat ***** who likes to start things.
That's true. Arguing with chika is like arguing with Kjeldoran back in those days
Unread 30 May 2007, 16:05   #193
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Qebab is the re-incarnation of "Stonewall" Jackson
Unread 30 May 2007, 16:12   #194
qebab
The Original Carebear

I'm pacifist.

Edit: Have it your way chika, I'm finished with this and won't interrupt you in your fantastic trolling anymore.

Unread 30 May 2007, 16:19   #195
Chika

Quote:
I'm pacifist.

Edit: Have it your way chika, I'm finished with this and won't interrupt you in your fantastic trolling anymore.
And how!

du-du-chissssshhh
Unread 30 May 2007, 16:29   #196
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This thread should have stayed deleted, really.

There's holding your line of argument and there's trolling and i'm not sure which one it is anymore - it can only descend into the latter, so this thread is closed. I'll make a polite request for users not to call others trolls, this only makes the forum worse and if you do it repeatedly you will be banned.

From my own moderator's perspective Chika or someone else could have made this into a discussion about sheer weight of numbers and quality being irrelevant as to alliance ranking but Chika chose not to and instead stuck with "ascendancy have gr8 planets lol".

This thread has tried my patience enough and has pretty much run its course.

Last edited by lokken; 30 May 2007 at 16:40.
Closed Thread