User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2007, 14:32   #201
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold
Re: Guide to keeping roids and small r20 summary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
Do have any idea how retarded you sound?

So you state basicly that Me and Duck did a tone of work and ND let us do it, no where along the line did anyone buck up and say hey there little buddy your doing alot of work there let me shoulder the load? So you became dependant on us because we were basicly doing alot of work and ND/you etc were more than willing to let these old war horses pull the cart. Well by your basic own admission here in your post sat in the cart and said to yourself wow what a great ride this is we don't have to do much. LOL Then when memberships goes inactive which has done every round since i had been in ND that the horse decides it's no longer worth pulling the load? Then because you have done ooooh shit all durring the round you have been caught off guard by this? YOU ARE A MORON. lol See this is what is wrong with ND, freeloaders such as yourself.

So then Duck leaves ND and forms CT. Well what made those members leave ND then? Obviously your leadership qualities were not enough to make them stay because they know your all talk. They saw duck do the work, they knew who the work horse was and boom they left. Just like DLR left, only Grog was disillusioned enough to stay around, and the respect DLR has for him they would follow him off any cliff. Not me however.

FFS ND your alot better than all of this, if there is anything left of what I was apart of you would quickly cast aside these anchors and move forward.
When I'm talking about you I mean DLR. Everybody knows Grog did most of the work and you only did very little for ND.
I didn't help out because it wasn't the direction I wanted ND to take, and when you have two horses pulling a cart and both want to go to a different direction it won't move at all, now will it. So yeah, I never thought it was a great ride, since you know how much I was against DLR and DLR's way of running ND.
As for the leadership skills being shit so ND members joined CT, that's prolly cause there WAS NO LEADERSHIP at that time. h3ll had just died, Barrow was fed up with how duck influenced themast and BA and didn't give a **** at that period anymore.
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 14:54   #202
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly
Troll also then played with 2 accounts, 1 in ND and 1 in Fury. And he did that for many rounds. I accepted it.
Interesting.

How many cheats do you ahve in your alliance that you 'accept'?
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 14:57   #203
Forest

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
As for the leadership skills being shit so ND members joined CT, that's prolly cause there WAS NO LEADERSHIP at that time. h3ll had just died, Barrow was fed up with how duck influenced themast and BA and didn't give a **** at that period anymore.
With all due respect, whilst it must be very upsetting that a close friend of ND has passed away, other members want to be successful at this game.

By your own admission there was no leadership, so why exactly would you expect them to stay?
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 15:01   #204
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Cause they should've known ND always has a command team ready to replace the other, always has been like that and always will be. Sure a change of command requires some changes in direction etc but after a round of preparing for the round after it can be a competitive alliance again. The people that left were gloryhunters that saw CT as the winning alliance, so they left with duck in search for fame and glory. We have no real need for members like that, the thing I hate and point I'm making here is duck's attitude in this, not that we're sorry about the members we lost.
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 15:48   #205
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Cura don't you dare use h3ll passing away as an excuse for ND dropping the ball in round 19. ND HAD an HC in place, Barrow is a hell of a good HC member, Catwoman took over for h3ll, TM was around, just not as actively as he needed to be to be effective, but he did make attack related decisions regularly, BA DID give a shit, and tried his ass off to get things done, Md was always there. You cannot blame the HC for ND dropping the ball, the ONLY reason ND didn't win a round that they should have was because of bonehead fleetcrashes, and late round inactivity. If h3ll passing did anything it served as a motivational factor for a period of time. And your damn right, TM asked my opinion on attack issues, and I gave it. If you remember correctly when he decided to formally step down I was offered the attack HC position and turned it down simply because I wasn't going down that road with ND again. It's about time ND's membership was held acccountable for it's actions, and in round 19, they dropped the ball.

You want ND to be an alliance full of people standing around in an IRC chat room slapping each other on the ass, where I saw it as an alliance with the potential to win, those who agreed with me, and wanted to play for a potential winner after round 19's f*** up, came to CT, they don't want "fame and glory" they are paying to play a game, they want to win the game, is that so much to ask? it's as simple as that.

You have your way now, you can have your "backyard gang" so enjoy it, but don't you even come here and blame round 19 on h3ll's passing away or on the HC. The HC can suggest people don't crash fleets, they can't go to their house and tell them to get their asses out of bed and check a jgp, they can't make people play actively.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 10 Mar 2007 at 15:54.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 16:30   #206
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

I'm not sure if you're doing this on purpose or just misunderstand every single thing I say.
I never said h3ll passing away was an excuse for dropping the ball in r19. I never said BA didn't give a shit (but I can see how you misunderstood that sentence tho, it's kinda misfortunately structured.. I meant that Barrow didn't give a shit anymore because he got opposed in everything he did by you influencing themast and BA). No offence towards Catwoman, but she's too nice to be HC, she even voted twice on the same matter, both different votes to please both sides.
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 16:32   #207
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
For everybody now to know about Trolls bitterness against ND, and especially Riddim.

It all started in r4 when Troll was BC in ND. Troll chose targets according to what WTF were hitting, because he wanted ND to work with them but Riddim and whatever command there was left didn't like it and told him to stop. Troll also then played with 2 accounts, 1 in ND and 1 in Fury. And he did that for many rounds. I accepted it since he played under 2 ip's and had did nothing with 1 planet to help the other. He just played 2 different planets. We also relied on Troll for Fury intel, which he claimed to give but I don't think he did.

Troll was very pissed when his BC access was removed though, and because we were rather friendly with Xanadu than Furby. So it ended up with Troll beeing a bitter fool within ND having his DLR, and then he poached players to join Wrath in r6 (or was it r7?) and left himself. He should never have been let in after that.
A distorted look on the facts buly but I expect nothing else from a long time puppet.

I saw ND joining Xanadu when I infiltrated Red Bull and saw him oh so cozy with top Xanadu players and the logs I had of him basicly being willing to use ND to throw against wtf as xanadu flak. As usual buly you are acting like an uneducated puppet.

Oh and riddim, if you only knew how many people I am the "boss" of. Please don't take out your lifes frustrations on me. I fail to see how being in Construction makes me nerdy? I wonder if you could even lift an 80 pound jack hammer
Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 16:52   #208
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:

Oh and riddim, if you only knew how many people I am the "boss" of. Please don't take out your lifes frustrations on me. I fail to see how being in Construction makes me nerdy? I wonder if you could even lift an 80 pound jack hammer
I'm not the one frustrated about things that happened 5 years ago
Btw, did you lend Forest's ego inflating-machine?
/me tries to lift a 80 pound jackhammer and fails
Troll rocks, he can lift jackhammers and he can tell people what to do!
/me is jealous :/
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 16:57   #209
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't think I would be able to use a 80-pound jackhammer for anything, but I doubt it means I don't have a life.

Edit: Actually, I can think of a couple of uses for it.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 17:49   #210
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm going to use an 80 pound jackhammer to end shit personal flaming.

There we go just did it, anyone restarts it and I'll ban you.
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 17:54   #211
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk

You want ND to be an alliance full of people standing around in an IRC chat room slapping each other on the ass, where I saw it as an alliance with the potential to win, those who agreed with me, and wanted to play for a potential winner after round 19's f*** up, came to CT, they don't want "fame and glory" they are paying to play a game, they want to win the game, is that so much to ask? it's as simple as that.

You have your way now, you can have your "backyard gang" so enjoy it, but don't you even come here and blame round 19 on h3ll's passing away or on the HC. The HC can suggest people don't crash fleets, they can't go to their house and tell them to get their asses out of bed and check a jgp, they can't make people play actively.
The problem is that if you order ND players round like a platoon, you won't motivate them whatsoever; in fact, some of the members will probably laugh at you. The angry rant I received through my PA mail was less than pleasing. As such you are totally inadequate in command of an alliance like ND - commanders like Gate, Barrow and Marinho have had a unique ability to get people in ND to do things, and to do things reasonably well. See, you go on about being serious and making an alliance capable of winning a round, yet you've done things like this:

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=193147

This is possibly the worst decision to do anything i've seen while in any planetarion alliance since BlueTuba HC thought that mass recruiting would be a brilliant idea. While ND are meant to be 'fun' to be in, ND should never sink to levels like that, they have self-respect and at least in public, i'd expect ND to at least be dignified in how they go about things.

Moreover, your input into actually attacking FO instead of pussyfooting around them and then moving on to exilition was nil. You wanted to have your cake and eat it, when ND was far from being in such a position. Such was my frustration, I was forced to BC against FO for the first time in years and by sheer chance or my own success, probably the former, a day later FO returned with a serious nap offer, which ND duly and rightly accepted. Although to downplay my efforts a bit more, when you base your tactics on advice from other people, BC'ing against an alliance really is nothing special. I never realised it was that easy to strip mine roids from another alliance once I worked it out.

You might say that a lot of the time I didn't do anything, but that's because it wasn't my job to do anything, I existed purely in an advisory capacity, to those who wanted advice. I've made it clear every time I've joined and moreover, because i don't and never have seen ND as my alliance for me to run (regardless of whether players would ever like me to or not), I've only ever joined ND for the community because unlike some other top alliances, I think it has good people to be around.

You might as well slate the round 19 ND membership, or indeed any round's membership of ND. Well tough shit, because that's all you will get and you have to make the best out of it. That means you have to be patient, be charismatic, coach your membership constantly to get the membership to even vaguely compete on the level of a 1up or exilition. People have this idea since we finished 2nd way back when that we should win a round with ease but running ND to do that takes more than great planetarion skills. It would take an all round performance sustained throughout the round, which pretty much no one in this game is capable of anymore.

You can look at the quality of ND's membership and sit there thinking how they finished above Angels who have players who make less mistakes and are generally more active. The reason is that generally, ND has been better run than Angels. When you left ND the first time, ND didn't get worse, in fact it staged a more than impressive recovery. I'm sure you are a more than competent BC, but ND just aren't your kind of alliance. The formality of CT suits you far better, so to be honest trumpeting how great you were in NewDawn is pretty worthless considering its at a different level to what you should be playing at. For all your hard work (which shouldn't go uncounted), I think some actions and some of your behaviour towards ND members has been downright damaging.

Let me state, considering I am Ascendancy, to ND I'm as much as a mercenary as you are. I am a bit of a disappointment, I'm disappointed too, it's just that Ascendancy is just such an awesome place to be, I can't resist it. I'm pretty honest that my overall contribution to ND over the years has been somewhere close to zero (sometimes my planet play has been unbelievably lazy), but all I'd like to think is there are people there who enjoyed having me around.

If there's one thing I agree with everyone on, h3ll's irrelevant to this discussion.

As for DLR, massively talented, some decent people, but the nagging problem I had with them was that some of them were far too in it for themselves if they were meant to be ND at the same time. Holding back defence for DLR members was a particular irritation of mine. I'd say a lot of them thought they were above the rest of the alliance and weren't really interested in playing for the team as a whole so long as they got big planets.

From my point of view, this post was probably ill advised, but I was fed up reading what you were typing going properly unanswered.

Last edited by lokken; 10 Mar 2007 at 18:00.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 18:36   #212
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Lokken, you speak of what ND is, and what it has been, my vision is what it could have been, and that is an alliance capable of winning a round. The tools were there, the people were there, all that had to happen, was people had to secure their fleets and play an active round, and again, in true ND fashion, that didn't happen.

You don't lead a team to victory by being it's Den Mother, or babysitter, you lead a team to victory by being it's leader, and that means making decisions based on the needs of the alliance with respect to winning, not always popular decisions until after they pan out, but they do work in the end. ND's membership never let that happen, they decided to go inactive, and burn their fleets, then laughed about it in channels after it happened, which was completely rediculous. As for the thread you quoted, that was written by another person, presented to the HC as a tongue in cheek response, then ok'd by the HC to post. I'm just the guy who posted it. It was never meant to be a serious proposal, and that's been explained previously.

Cleary, a part of ND's membership DID want to win and were willing to work for it. Attacking EXI when it was initially proposed would have simply gotten ND's asses kicked sooner, as others would have jumped all over ND in addition to the EXI fleet's we'd have seen. Waiting kept them in the game with an opportunity to win for a longer period of time, and activity and hard work would have given them a chance to win. Dropping out and going inactive sealed the fate regardless of what the remaining active players did. You can't always go charging into battle with your swords flying without regard for the terrain around you. Sometimes you have to pick your spots. Regardless, the Command last round made decisions based on the terrain around them, there was an active HC running the alliance, they did the best job they could, and if the membership had hung in the fight and played smart with their fleets, ND would have had a shot at it. Ofcourse, that never happened.

As I said before, I have never claimed to be great, simply active and dedicated. I will (and did) work hard for the team I represent, unfortunately, I didn't get the same from the people I was working with in respect to round 19 (or previous rounds I was in ND), that being the membership of ND. Some players gave their best, some players tried to go the extra mile, and then some didn't care to. That will never be a formula for winning. You can't build a winner when there are elements around crying constantly about the strides you make for improvement at the command level, or when there are members that are around when things are good, then piss off when things get tough...there is a difference between "wanting to win" and actually being prepared to fight for that win, which believe me, is much more rewarding when you accomplish it.

When I left ND the first time, I never said it got worse. It didn't want to play at the level I did simply put. Which is why I moved to 1up. ND is a social club, that happens to play PA. Sure, there are a lot of good people there, who can play good planets... but not enough, as history has shown. If you do what you've done, you'll get what you've gotten.
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 19:55   #213
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

I think the only logical solution is a reformation of BlueTuba. :P
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 21:05   #214
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus
I think the only logical solution is a reformation of BlueTuba. :P
If only such things were possible.

You would get defence foreshore.
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 21:11   #215
Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
If only such things were possible.

You would get defence foreshore.
You would get mass-recruiting of everyone around, before crashing and burning at the feet of pa
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 21:39   #216
Juffled

Juffled has a spectacular aura aboutJuffled has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
For everybody now to know about Trolls bitterness against ND, and especially Riddim.

It all started in r4 when Troll was BC in ND. Troll chose targets according to what WTF were hitting, because he wanted ND to work with them but Riddim and whatever command there was left didn't like it and told him to stop. Troll also then played with 2 accounts, 1 in ND and 1 in Fury. And he did that for many rounds. I accepted it since he played under 2 ip's and had did nothing with 1 planet to help the other. He just played 2 different planets. We also relied on Troll for Fury intel, which he claimed to give but I don't think he did.

Troll was very pissed when his BC access was removed though, and because we were rather friendly with Xanadu than Furby. So it ended up with Troll beeing a bitter fool within ND having his DLR, and then he poached players to join Wrath in r6 (or was it r7?) and left himself. He should never have been let in after that.
Would just like to back this up, considering this is one of the few bits I have a clue on, I was in ND with Troll and then moved into Wrath due to being in the same galaxy as him for r5? very long time ago but the situation is right if the numbers are not, having said that I cant comment on the status of any of the alliances at the time as a i didnt know, BUT the poaching definately did happen as I was one of the poached

Used a different alias then, you wont remember me but nevermind, have to say I always got on quite well with Troll and I knew he had his two accounts as well so i assume his view on politics might have been better and currently still is,

Juffled
Juffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 21:51   #217
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Lokken, you speak of what ND is, and what it has been, my vision is what it could have been, and that is an alliance capable of winning a round. The tools were there, the people were there, all that had to happen, was people had to secure their fleets and play an active round, and again, in true ND fashion, that didn't happen.

You don't lead a team to victory by being it's Den Mother, or babysitter, you lead a team to victory by being it's leader, and that means making decisions based on the needs of the alliance with respect to winning, not always popular decisions until after they pan out, but they do work in the end. ND's membership never let that happen, they decided to go inactive, and burn their fleets, then laughed about it in channels after it happened, which was completely rediculous. As for the thread you quoted, that was written by another person, presented to the HC as a tongue in cheek response, then ok'd by the HC to post. I'm just the guy who posted it. It was never meant to be a serious proposal, and that's been explained previously.

Cleary, a part of ND's membership DID want to win and were willing to work for it. Attacking EXI when it was initially proposed would have simply gotten ND's asses kicked sooner, as others would have jumped all over ND in addition to the EXI fleet's we'd have seen. Waiting kept them in the game with an opportunity to win for a longer period of time, and activity and hard work would have given them a chance to win. Dropping out and going inactive sealed the fate regardless of what the remaining active players did. You can't always go charging into battle with your swords flying without regard for the terrain around you. Sometimes you have to pick your spots. Regardless, the Command last round made decisions based on the terrain around them, there was an active HC running the alliance, they did the best job they could, and if the membership had hung in the fight and played smart with their fleets, ND would have had a shot at it. Ofcourse, that never happened.

As I said before, I have never claimed to be great, simply active and dedicated. I will (and did) work hard for the team I represent, unfortunately, I didn't get the same from the people I was working with in respect to round 19 (or previous rounds I was in ND), that being the membership of ND. Some players gave their best, some players tried to go the extra mile, and then some didn't care to. That will never be a formula for winning. You can't build a winner when there are elements around crying constantly about the strides you make for improvement at the command level, or when there are members that are around when things are good, then piss off when things get tough...there is a difference between "wanting to win" and actually being prepared to fight for that win, which believe me, is much more rewarding when you accomplish it.

When I left ND the first time, I never said it got worse. It didn't want to play at the level I did simply put. Which is why I moved to 1up. ND is a social club, that happens to play PA. Sure, there are a lot of good people there, who can play good planets... but not enough, as history has shown. If you do what you've done, you'll get what you've gotten.
This very post is a fantastic example at how you utterly miss the point and have previously utterly failed to get your point across to the ND membership. First of all, you need to accept that the alliance and the community are tightly woven together, so the problems are inherent within the alliance and they are institutionalised. Essentially you have to accept the people around you, because they see the collective more important than any kind of success and the reason that ND has survived so long is because they have this.

So now you have your golden rule, that to get ND to work, you have to keep the community as a whole. As much as you are an advocate of being the hard man, you need to be able to get instructions in an encouraging way, or else these players simply won't bother.

Second of all, because of the people you have, you not only have to be encouraging but work on the basics. This is not getting people to be active, because in an alliance like ND, people will only be active if they want to be. So you have to given them tools and coach them in strategies (one on one if necessary) to give them success, because that will make people in these kind of alliances feel good about playing the game. You also have to seed in the idea that roids don't matter, but fleets do. The sheer inclusion of "no fleetcrashing" in the private channel topic last round is something which I believe that reduced it. ND members do not disobey orders, they can respond to simple basic instructions - telling them how shit they are isn't going to make them feel confident.

You talk about wanting to win. I see winning and ND as a "nice thing to happen if it did" because ND is simply an alliance of such age. You want to change the formula, but the formula can't change over night without upsetting the very people who are at the heart of ND - its long time members. To put it simply, you have to be patient and work with what you have. If you want to win, well there is 1up and CT for those such things. You talk about wanting to win, yet have repeatedly shown little interest in trying to encourage and get the best out of NewDawn's membership. As for the last paragraph - the entire basis of what I said was simply to state that you are no keystone in the right formula for ND. You have indeed put effort in for the cause but to trumpet your own efforts when some of them have only ended up upsetting people is only bound to grate with some in the ND membership.

Some people bang on about winning, but a lot of wins in this game are one dimensional affairs which simply do not display performances of inginuity or outstanding quality. These kind of wins don't really interest me. Ascendancy might have won this round by xp whoring to the max, but we'd probably be more bored than we are already (**** you very much on that account, by the way). So some people just want to be happy and play planetarion. ND fulfil that role admirably and so do Ascendancy. If you don't want to play like that, walk away, say nothing, don't come on here slating ND members who care for their community and no more need be said on the issue. People can slate ND all they want, playing in ND is fooking top
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 21:54   #218
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
You would get mass-recruiting of everyone around, before crashing and burning at the feet of pa
The recruitment limits in planetarion clearly discriminate against BlueTuba and should be removed

factmundo.
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 21:59   #219
Forest

Lol
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 23:01   #220
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
I'm not sure if you're doing this on purpose or just misunderstand every single thing I say.
I never said h3ll passing away was an excuse for dropping the ball in r19. I never said BA didn't give a shit (but I can see how you misunderstood that sentence tho, it's kinda misfortunately structured.. I meant that Barrow didn't give a shit anymore because he got opposed in everything he did by you influencing themast and BA). No offence towards Catwoman, but she's too nice to be HC, she even voted twice on the same matter, both different votes to please both sides.

Evening all. I have sat back for a fair while now but i saw this thread and saw there appears to be a row over the power/play of ND last round which has interested me. Now i am not going to patronise here.. i wasnt in ND. So i have no idea what things were like in your HC/officer/members channels. Well maybe your members channels But anyway. From the members i saw they were all focussed and from what i gathered wanted to win. Am i wrong in that assumption?

I can understand when an alliance is set in its ways with its core members. But, i hate alliances that claim they have no interest in winning. ALL alliances would like to win. If you dont, then there is no point in playing a game. You can have fun and want to win a game, and from what i witnessed last round ND were doing both.

ND lost a great friend last round, and i think as sad as that was, that also motivated the members to work a lot harder. They wanted to prove to themselves, and to h3ll that they could win that round. And they came close. And i have said this over and over again on these forums from last round ND got my respect last round for the way they played. For once they didnt just sit back they really did try and win it.

What i am confused about is i have saw lokken and duck posting. lokken, i think somthing must of worked last round due to the fact ND came as close as they ever have to winning a round. But i agree with duck that if the members start to go inactive, then of course your not going to win a round. I think the problem is with ND, last round you guys did want that win, but at the same time you wanted to remain with this 'laid back' approach which im afraid doesnt work.

This attitude of 'if we won that would be great' isnt good enough. You either want to win, or you dont. And i dont care what anyone says IT IS possible to have fun and want to win at the same time. But, this also means you cant just dissapear at the end of a round for example, or constantly crash your fleet. Some times also a HC needs to be firm with its members to establish the fact if they want that win they need to fight for it. The officers/HC command can only give the members the tools, the members need to use them.

Now lokken and cura i respect the fact you have a lot of core members from ND who just like to play for the alliance and have fun and enjoy themselves. But, im sure if last round you said to your members 'do you want to win this round?' at least 80% would of said yes. Otherwise you wouldnt of been second fighting for first place. Instead you would of been where ND is now.

But what confused me greatly from the quote of cura above (yes im coming to the point of why i quoted that) Cura you said that cat wasnt made HC becuase she was to 'kind'? This is where i get confused. I know cat, and shes a hard worker. Shes also one of these 'core' ND members you keep speaking about isnt she? She has all the respect of her members, and yes maybe she is kind, but i thought you guys preffered that appraoch? From the posts ive saw in this thread from ND people anyway ive got the impression you like to not shout at your members if they crash there fleets for example but instead train and encourage them. So, cura or lokken how can you claim Duck for example tried to take ND one way, but then claim the likes of cat cant be HC becuase apparently shes to 'kind' that makes no sense to me. According to your posts thats what ND is supposed to be about.

So in conclusion: I dont care what alliance is been discussed if its orbit, ND or even fcrew you will have at least 3 quaters of its alliance membership that want to win somthing. Thats why they play. To have top planets, top gals or even to fight as whole to achive somthing as an alliance. And that can be fun. Thats the whole point, winning IS fun. You play a game to either loose or win. Having fun is just part of it. (btw cura didnt you end top 100 last round if i remmember correctly? So surely you were playing to win?) As i said above i wasnt part of ND so i can only comment from the outside, but as i said from last round i think the members of ND wanted that first place.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2007, 23:50   #221
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Out of this thread,

I'm interested in whether the accusation against Troll for running two planets (one in ND and one in Fury) is true or not and whether he did indeed spy on Fury for ND.

Care to respond Troll?

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 00:09   #222
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz

This attitude of 'if we won that would be great' isnt good enough. You either want to win, or you dont.
The difference between you and me here is that I have been able to assess the alliance from the inside after playing the alliance game at a variety of levels and I also ran my own called BlueTuba at pretty much the same level so I can recognise the problems ND suffer pretty fast, cos I suffered them myself.

I am giving a realistic assessment of what I believe the problems in ND are and how perhaps they might be fixed, if you ever found someone who could really get stuck into the job and possessed the right communication and decision-making skills to do it (unlikely). As it is the current HC do a better job than most would, they are giving decent value in trying circumstances, as you will see below.

I'm also giving a realistic assessment on what ND's qualities are and how they compare to the alliance that they have been beaten by and the various disadvantages they face through not just being not as good or active, but also the perceptions and approaches other alliances have towards them because of that. In PA you need to be feared to win the conventional way, and ND don't attract that fear factor. Although given the amount of times ND has refused to be pushed around, you think some alliances would have got the message by now.

We are talking of an alliance where the problems are inherent. An easier way to fix would be to start from a blank sheet of paper, but then we wouldn't have ND. As for who should and shouldn't be HC, I'm not going to comment, it's not my place as I'm not a member.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 00:20   #223
Troll
DLR HC

Troll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to beholdTroll is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Out of this thread,

I'm interested in whether the accusation against Troll for running two planets (one in ND and one in Fury) is true or not and whether he did indeed spy on Fury for ND.

Care to respond Troll?
I never ran two independent planets one in ND and one in Fury. I was in Fury and in ND with full knowledge of Fury and ND command. I believe when asked by Fury I stated I was in ND for the community and nothing more was mentioned about it, nor did fury ever ask me to spy on ND. ND CEO and DLR knew I was in Fury and actually never asked me to spy either as I straight out told them I wouldn’t. CEO of ND at the time Col Carp I believe it was could verify this. When PA went to in game alliances and being in both alliances no longer was something I was capable of doing I then elected to go with the fury side but I don’t think it was called fury at that point. I was removed for inactivity because I broke my leg and then came back to ND where I remained until I left out of disgust at the inner working of the command.

Also note My nick in Fury was Troll
My nick in ND was Troll

In fact the year Buly is posted about I believe I was top 100 and was listed in the top 100 post as Fury/ND

To the other post I don’t think it was two accounts you were seeing but me in the two alliances. The planets were the same which would of easily of showed in arbs at the end of each round as Troll having two planets DUH.

As per the conversation, If I remember correctly Buly it was me putting you at ease over the conflict of me being in both as you seeming to be happier that two planets meant I couldn’t be a fury spy as I convinced u I was playing the two separately. So by telling you I had two accounts you were satisfied ND was safe from me spying on ND for Fury. Which was odd because you never cared that I was talking about multing but it got you off my back and I was comfortable to tell you this because it was indeed not true at the time which would have been quite easy to prove with the above statement. After all you always knew I thought you were riddims puppet, so why give you anything you could use against me with out me having the ability to disprove and discredit your claim. OFC I never considered I would have to try and disprove it 5 years and 14 rounds+ latter lol
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 00:33   #224
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Out of this thread,

Care to respond Troll?
I can confirm that although I don't think he was as much use to ND as he was to Fury.
The fact that he was a cheater is one of the reasons he and I never got along.
I don't like people who take this game too seriously, and that's exactly what Troll does.
He had two planets.
If Trolls says something else , he's lying but that wouldn't be a first either.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 00:39   #225
Troll
DLR HC

If your accusations had any merrit Riddim and ND HC KNEW about it and didn't remove me, well I guess it's safe to say ND endorsed Cheating and so did Buly and your entire clique because you claim you knew, but i guess not actually knowing for sure stopped you short of actually doing something about it. /me rolls eyes
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 00:42   #226
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
If your accusations had any merrit Riddim and ND HC KNEW about it and didn't remove me, well I guess it's safe to say ND endorsed Cheating and so did Buly and your entire clique because you claim you knew, but i guess not actually knowing for sure stopped you short of actually doing something about it. /me rolls eyes
If it would have been my choice , I would have kicked you, you know I tried to manouver you out on several occasions. If I recall well it was Colcarp who supported you in your actions, not me or Buly and you know it, so don't come with that crap, you lying tart. Colcarp was the only one who knew about your lil schemes at first until people found out and started to oppose it.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 00:54   #227
Troll
DLR HC

LOL because none of it was true because Col knew my co ords and so did Fury and umm they were the same.

Leet spy I must of been eh

In Fury as Troll
In ND as Troll

yes it took 5 years! 14 rounds! for it to all come to light! Riddim you couldn't manuver me out no matter how hard you tried and yes you tried hard. I wonder why you just couldn't get me out? Another failure your oh so bitter about.

Oh and hey my tarts are not bitter, I resent that comment and demand you take it back.

Cura as for Grog doing more than me. he did more on the outside of DLR then I ever did. My focus was always on DLR and the rounds Grog did not play well i guess he did more than me there too. At the end of the day what i did for ND was help maintain a core group of people named DLR, continuously convinced Grog to continue playing including calling him and begging. These people eventually became the command of ND durring ND's strongest perfomaces. I gave them a reason to stay together as a group and lead by example teaching them how to roid smartly and other tactics. Grog however is the mordern day Ceasar of DLR he is a great polictian, and an amazing general including the mind behind all of DLR's greatest fleet catches. You comment Cura on something you know nothing about but then I suspect nothing less from you.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 00:59   #228
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
yes it took 5 years! 14 rounds! for it to all come to light! Riddim you couldn't manuver me out no matter how hard you tried and yes you tried hard. I wonder why you just couldn't get me out? Another failure your oh so bitter about.
Bitter about it? I'm not the one who comes moaning on the PA forum about things that happened 4 years ago. :sigh:
If I didn't manouver you out I sure as hell helped the fact that you never came close to having any power in ND
I do not understand why I would be bitter though. ND is a community of a game (which you take too seriously)
In the end other people worked you out of ND, there was plenty of people there to do it, I couldn't care less. I just always thought you were a nitwit, that's all.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 01:06   #229
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

well this has lost it's novelty now, can we move on
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 01:12   #230
Troll
DLR HC

When I left ND most of the HC were DLR and most of the command. I don't think i was worked out so much Riddim as much as my over zealous want for DLR to leave ND and go out on it's own took hold and the resistance Grog gave me on the subject.

I don't think I ever took the game to seriously, however I took DLR seriously and the people with in the group, as it was not easy at times to keep everyone motivated for so many rounds.

In the end tho the result was as such that I was disappointed. I thought ND had become a poison to DLR as we had started to focus more on the day to day operation of ND more than we did the operations of DLR. I wanted DLR to go back to it's less polictcal roots and more war orientated focus. In the end I forced it, and it blew up on me. I was the cause of my own destruction and the irony of it all is that DLR evolved into what I thought it should be in a natural evolution. Go figure.

This however does not detract from the fact that you were a crappy HC IMO Cura is an idiot and ofc Buly is a puppet.

Hugs and kisses
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 01:20   #231
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
This however does not detract from the fact that you were a crappy HC IMO Cura is an idiot and ofc Buly is a puppet.

Hugs and kisses
It's still better to be a crappy HC then an eternal wannabee. The quality of people isn't measured by the way you like them, Troll, but I guess your ego is too much in the way for you to understand that.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 01:27   #232
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It might be better for you, but it sure as hell ****s over your alliance. Maybe you've forgotten that a HC is there for their members, the members aren't there for the HC. If you can't do a good job then you probably shouldn't be doing one at all.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 01:32   #233
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
It might be better for you, but it sure as hell ****s over your alliance. Maybe you've forgotten that a HC is there for their members, the members aren't there for the HC. If you can't do a good job then you probably shouldn't be doing one at all.
lol; read before you reply to stuff please
I didn't say those people are crappy HC, Troll did, that's his opinion.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 05:31   #234
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

I'm gonna reply to the only post worth replying here, as the rest is just Troll lying his ass off or other random bullshit.
Quote:
Now lokken and cura i respect the fact you have a lot of core members from ND who just like to play for the alliance and have fun and enjoy themselves. But, im sure if last round you said to your members 'do you want to win this round?' at least 80% would of said yes. Otherwise you wouldnt of been second fighting for first place. Instead you would of been where ND is now.
Sure, people want to win, but the price duck asked us to pay for us was just way too high. He told us to sacrefise everything that keeps ND going for 20 rounds now as a community (we actually like the people we play with) for a win. We just don't sacrefise our principles just for a victory. When somebody isn't loyal we kick him, wether he's a t10 member or not. We have no place for selfish people. When duck had his way we'd keep these kind of people, rotten apples and other people were just kept in ND even if they weren't loyal. That's one of the reasons as to why I spoke up in round 19. So yes, sure we want to win, but not if the price to pay is what has kept ND going for over 20 rounds.

Quote:
But what confused me greatly from the quote of cura above (yes im coming to the point of why i quoted that) Cura you said that cat wasnt made HC becuase she was to 'kind'? This is where i get confused. I know cat, and shes a hard worker. Shes also one of these 'core' ND members you keep speaking about isnt she? She has all the respect of her members, and yes maybe she is kind, but i thought you guys preffered that appraoch? From the posts ive saw in this thread from ND people anyway ive got the impression you like to not shout at your members if they crash there fleets for example but instead train and encourage them. So, cura or lokken how can you claim Duck for example tried to take ND one way, but then claim the likes of cat cant be HC becuase apparently shes to 'kind' that makes no sense to me. According to your posts thats what ND is supposed to be about.
hmm I think either you misunderstood or I'm misunderstanding.
Cat was made HC, I never said she wasn't. I really like cat, but what I said however she's too nice to make HC decisions. An example I already adressed in the post I quoted (where she voted twice on the same matter to try not to annoy anybody). Also she wouldn't kick a person because he's not loyal, while a HC needs to make such decisions.

Quote:
(btw cura didnt you end top 100 last round if i remmember correctly? So surely you were playing to win?)
I was, and now I'm t100 again as a scanner. This means I know how to play today's PA (it really isn't hard, requires like 5 minutes every day to be in t100), and sure I try to get ND and myself a max score, but this doesn't mean I'm willing to sacrefise my principles to get that win.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 06:31   #235
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Drunken Barrow says (with likely more clarity than 100% of AD as well as increased obscenity content): **** everybody. ND will do what we want and hit who we want when we want, as we've done since at least r5 when I joined.

We're not napped with anybody. We don't ****ing care if our members get poached. We don't ****ing care about rank. We care about playing the game right, with integrity, and not being douchebags.

props to those who recognize it. if it's not your cup of tea, go start conspiracy.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 06:49   #236
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Sure, people want to win, but the price duck asked us to pay for us was just way too high. He told us to sacrefise everything that keeps ND going for 20 rounds now as a community (we actually like the people we play with) for a win. We just don't sacrefise our principles just for a victory. When somebody isn't loyal we kick him, wether he's a t10 member or not. We have no place for selfish people. When duck had his way we'd keep these kind of people, rotten apples and other people were just kept in ND even if they weren't loyal. That's one of the reasons as to why I spoke up in round 19. So yes, sure we want to win, but not if the price to pay is what has kept ND going for over 20 rounds.
That is a complete crock of shit. you go ahead and name ANY player I kept in the alliance who cheated while they were a member under my Command.
I play this game (and every game) with integrity, I live my life with integrity, code and honor. I spent 20+ years shaping myself to live by high sttandards. I always have, and anyone who knows me, your members included, know that, as well as those I game with now, those I gamed with in 1up, and friends in the community. Don't even f***ing try to accuse me of overlooking cheating or rules violations for score. I am, or try to be fair with every player in my charge, in any situation, and I also believe in giving players who step on their dicks a chance to redeem themselves should it not be a major offense....piggybacking, not following attack orders etc. I have never condoned or allowed cheating under my command.

What principles did I compromise exactly?

I took a team of players, and tried to get them to play hard for the lenght of an entire round. I was hard on them at times, but I was always fair. Sometimes it ain't all bubbles and sunshine, and you need to tie a knot in someone's ass from time to time, individually or collectively. I didn't ask a high price from ND's members, i asked them to stay active for the lenght of the round and not crash fleets stupidly. If that is a high price to pay, maybe you should try chutes and ladders, maybe you won't get your feelings hurt in that one.

ND has underachieved for 20 rounds, they have lost for 20 rounds, sure, great bunch of folks with a few exceptions, but until they realize the commitment it takes to bring a win to ND, they will always come up short. And without a command team that get's that, the members will never get it.

Don't you ever question my integrity, your way out of your league.

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 11 Mar 2007 at 06:56.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 06:52   #237
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Drunken Barrow says (with likely more clarity than 100% of AD as well as increased obscenity content): **** everybody. ND will do what we want and hit who we want when we want, as we've done since at least r5 when I joined.

We're not napped with anybody. We don't ****ing care if our members get poached. We don't ****ing care about rank. We care about playing the game right, with integrity, and not being douchebags.

props to those who recognize it. if it's not your cup of tea, go start conspiracy.
problem with that Barrow is, some of your members actually do care about winning, and you let them down every time you use this "we play for fun" horseshit as a built in excuse to lose, like it's ok to get your asses handed to you round after round. Why play a game if you don't want to do well and win? If you want a chatroom, cool, why even sign up planets?

Are you going to sit here and tell me you didn't want to win round 19? are you going to tell me you worked as hard as you did, for no reason? Hell no you can't because you'd be telling a bold faced lie.

I didn't recruit anyone for CT until ticks had stopped and I had removed myself from ND channels and forums. I didn't go after people, those who had previously played for ND in round 19 came to me, they applied, were interviewed, and accepted for the most part, so give the "wakey zomg your poaching members from me" crap a rest. Assassin can verify that, as before he accepted the position as MH team leader, he was slated to be CT HC, he was there every step of the way when we began to build the alliance. As for discussion about Creating CT taking place during round 19, that was limited to pm between myself, Germania, Assassin, and Alexis, then Ace a bit later. A couple ND members came to me asking about rumors, thats about it.

edit: let me point out again, this thread isn't about Duck and ND, and It's beginning to bore the hell out of me...you want to discuss me, start a thread about it, otherwise, I'm done

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 11 Mar 2007 at 07:41.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 09:02   #238
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Quote:

What principles did I compromise exactly?
I wonder if you are doing this on purpose or if you are just plain stupid :\
I didn't see cura saying that you cheated , so why do you say that? He said you aren't loyal at the most or better yet he said you would keep members for their score , even if they are tits and not loyal.
He was also complaining about the fact that you were already forming another alliance, halfway through the round, which made you go inactive. That's what he means with no integrity and I'm pretty sure you know that but it's always easier to answer besides the question right..

I don't understand why ND would be underachieving btw, to you ND is a crap alliance with noobs and inactives and a loser command team. Still ND ends every round as one of the top alliances , even if we're not fighting for the win. For a crap alliance, full of fleetcrashing imbecils that's not a bad achievement one would say.

For your information , an alliance shouldn't be how individuals think it should be, but how the majority of it thinks it should be.

Last edited by Riddim; 11 Mar 2007 at 09:10.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 09:50   #239
Forest

I would put ND in a par with ToF nowadays.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 10:19   #240
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

i would put conspiracy on par with angels.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 10:58   #241
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddim
It's still better to be a crappy HC then an eternal wannabee. The quality of people isn't measured by the way you like them, Troll, but I guess your ego is too much in the way for you to understand that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Quote:
lol; read before you reply to stuff please
I didn't say those people are crappy HC, Troll did, that's his opinion.
I'm fairly sure I did read what you said. What you said was that it was better to get to the rank of HC, and be crappy, than to be an eternal wannabe. What I said was that it might be alright for the player in question, but it's a very bad thing for their alliance.

Comprends-tu?
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 11:34   #242
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He said you aren't loyal at the most or better yet he said you would keep members for their score , even if they are tits and not loyal.
IIRC duck wasn't HC in R19 so I can't imagine its his fault or problem.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 11:50   #243
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
i would put conspiracy on par with angels.
I'd put them below; at least Angels hit Omen and ND a little last round to try to get to #1 instead of gal raiding to the win.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 13:58   #244
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

I would like to say that I am glad I could bring you good folks together so you may work out your differences in this thread.

It was my goal when starting it actually.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 17:04   #245
lokken
BlueTuba

I am going to moderate this thread, I am busy atm tho.
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 18:00   #246
BADA
BA :P)

BADA will become famous soon enoughBADA will become famous soon enough

Wow been away for a few days and this thread has changed.

ND as an alliance can be a frustrating animal at times when your ambitions as a HC are to try again and make that one last push to take ND to the number 1 spot.

ND's has been around for 20 rnds and the main reason for this I think is its heartbeat is about a community core. There are no flagship planets, very few egos and a good place to have a laugh in IRC. This is worth protecting and there are certain people in ND who value this above the win. (Hats off to them)

Last rnd I did take and listen to what the new HC's and exec's had to say, like any HC worth his salt would. If people are offering advice who have been in a winning team for many a rnds and you choose not to at least listen to that advice then you shouldn’t be a HC of any alliance.

Like any advice it can be taken or left. Some was taken some was left.

In rnd 19 the HC of ND (Myself,Barrow,H3ll(Cat),TheMast,MD) where ultimately responsible for where ND finished. Duck offered advice and did a load of good BC/MO work for ND in rnd 19, and I thank him for it.

But at the end of the day is was the ND HC's the made every single decision in rnd 19 no one else. So the responsibility of all aspects (good and bad) of what happened during rnd firmly lies at the door of the HC's of ND
Unread 11 Mar 2007, 20:32   #247
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
I'd put them below; at least Angels hit Omen and ND a little last round to try to get to #1 instead of gal raiding to the win.
Kila why do u feel the need to continually commentate on rounds when 90% of the time you arent even playing.

- You have no clue what goes on it top alliance politics as youve never been in any top alliances. Infact youre only claim to fame seems to be a few rounds in SiN in which you constantly namecheck Toot and Amycus to the point of obsession. Oh wait u had what half a round in ND too

- You sign up planets half way through rounds and proceed to annoy youre galmates whilst at the same time telling everyone you are their new best friend. Just ask Ascendancy et all for proof of this.

- Youve never been anywhere near the top 100 in a game of less than 1500 planets

Infact you remind me of a really pants version of Furball in that u feel the need to continually post in rounds you arent even playing. The only diffrerence is Furball actually achieved something before he stopped so his oppinion is valued.
Why are you talking your inability to play the game in any form out on the rest of AD. Please make it stop.
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2007, 18:04   #248
Buly

Buly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the roughBuly is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest
Interesting.

How many cheats do you ahve in your alliance that you 'accept'?
Only case every since there was no interaction between those planets. Couldn't even have been proven as cheating. I took the chance of using him as a spy, but I'm quite sure it was Fury using him as ND spy. I beleive that Sid also knew of this though. Looking back, I shouldn't have accepted this though, and I'll take that one on me.

Quote:
A distorted look on the facts buly but I expect nothing else from a long time puppet.

I saw ND joining Xanadu when I infiltrated Red Bull and saw him oh so cozy with top Xanadu players and the logs I had of him basicly being willing to use ND to throw against wtf as xanadu flak. As usual buly you are acting like an uneducated puppet.
Those were the facts from my point of view and I know it went that way from seeing discussions and arguments on officers channels and talking to you and Riddim. You even admitted that you picked targets according to clusters that WTF were raiding, and usually NoCex gals there. You were beeing WTF puppet, and you got caught red handed, so stfu.

About me beeing a puppet, stfu again. I also always opposed Riddim of working closer with Xanadu. I don't know where you got that conclusion from, but I never was Riddims puppet, since I refuse to be that to anyone. I was more on his side though, since all you ever seemed to want was for ND to work with Fury. You were even one of those chicken shit players that refused to defend against any of them, one of the biggest problems ND had at that time and a big reason for things going bad then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juffled
Would just like to back this up, considering this is one of the few bits I have a clue on, I was in ND with Troll and then moved into Wrath due to being in the same galaxy as him for r5? very long time ago but the situation is right if the numbers are not, having said that I cant comment on the status of any of the alliances at the time as a i didnt know, BUT the poaching definately did happen as I was one of the poached

Used a different alias then, you wont remember me but nevermind, have to say I always got on quite well with Troll and I knew he had his two accounts as well so i assume his view on politics might have been better and currently still is,

Juffled
Thank you for backing this up since I have no proof left since I was in the US as an exchangestudent back then. Who were you though? I remember most people from back then.

And Trolls view on politics back then was beeing Furys lapdog. Zhukov wanted us to work more with Legion and was more loyal to them, and Riddim, Orange and Scorpio were in love with Xanadu. Xanadu was the one of those 3 I liked the most due to them not beeing Furgion, but I've always wanted ND to do their own thing. But I was very anti-Furgion back then, so what I mainly usually wanted was for ND to be on the other side fighting them.
Unread 12 Mar 2007, 18:19   #249
furball

Right, the thread's now cleaned up from the db errors, lokken will be along at some point to actually mod the thread as he planned to.

Rinoa. Spell-check. Use it.
Unread 12 Mar 2007, 18:29   #250
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
Kila why do u feel the need to continually commentate on rounds when 90% of the time you arent even playing.
This is a forum; it's meant for discussion. If you don't like it; don't read.

Quote:
- You have no clue what goes on it top alliance politics as youve never been in any top alliances.
What? do you know how stupidly absurd this sounds? just because I've never tried to join a top alliance I don't know how their politics work? I expect nothing less of you though Rinoa

Quote:
Infact youre only claim to fame seems to be a few rounds in SiN
What

Quote:
- in which you constantly namecheck Toot and Amycus to the point of obsession.
Again; what. I've referred to toot a few times (most of the time referring to him as "a player") on the forum. I don't believe that I've ever referred to Amycus. I've never even played a round with him in sin.

Quote:
Oh wait u had what half a round in ND too
A little less but what relevance does this have?

Quote:
- You sign up planets half way through rounds and proceed to annoy youre galmates whilst at the same time telling everyone you are their new best friend. Just ask Ascendancy et all for proof of this.
If "youre galmates" is just jer, then yes, yes I do annoy them.
Although I'd like to know who my new best friend is; I was blissfully unaware of the fact that I have friends
What relevance does this bear to the discussion?

Quote:
- Youve never been anywhere near the top 100 in a game of less than 1500 planets
Surely you mean more than 1500 planets? and no; I've never finished inside of the top 100 which isn't really surprising considering the fact that the only 2 roudns that I finished were rounds 13 and 19; 13 being the only round that I've played fully where we were outplayed by eXilition. When were you last in the top 100? (if at all).
I'd like to know how relevant this is to the discussion.

Quote:
Why are you talking your inability to play the game in any form out on the rest of AD. Please make it stop.
You're trying to claim that because I've never had a top 100 finish; my political insight is bad? Wait; how many eXilition HCs finished in the top100 in round 13? (this was, from what I've heard, the round where their HC have been best)
It's like claiming that a dog can't run fast because it is deaf.

To sum up Rinoa's post:
"Why do you comment on rounds that you aren't even playing?
<ad hominem>
<ad hominem>
<ad hominem> please stop posting"

Quote:
<Rinoa> anyway i had just finished writing a big post slating you and then forums crashed
<Rinoa> it will get me much pos rep
Also; I'd like to see what people think of this statement and the validity of CT's win:
Quote:
<Rinoa> ct dont even have anyone in top 20 atm
<Rinoa> so they can hardly claim a win