User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Feb 2007, 14:07   #401
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: So, who's winning?

We're not really playing for anything as a coherent entity. Everyone's free to do what they want to do. I sincerely hope our members don't describe themselves as pros, that'd be rather depressing for reasons too numerous to mention here. Of course we all want entertainment, personally I go into college in the undying hope that someone will actually turn up one day with no pants on and I can laugh. And no, nobody is obligated to entertain us. Some of us just like to point out some salient facts about the round and Planetarion in general.

After all what has an alliance of board spammers ever amounted to in PA!
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 15:53   #402
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Angels r15 we're good roiders, i give you that. But they were nowhere near the 1up / eX quality. This round there is not one single outstanding alliance. All top 3 alliances are equally good (or bad, whatever rocks your boat).
Which alliance lost the most value? Destiny. They have been involved in both conflicts, first against CT and then against VGN.
If VGN had targetted CT instead of Destiny, the roles would have reversed.
In the end, one alliance will have to make a move (be "proactive") to either get the win, or secure it. I agree that they are all being too cautious.
My guess is that CT will have to take VGN on sooner or later, and Destiny is waiting for that chance.
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 16:10   #403
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

lets be fair guys, we're all completely and utterly shit why deny it.*

*except horn of course, he wins by default
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 16:27   #404
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
your avatar will never win.
if it were "just an avatar"

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 16:30   #405
Lei~
~Gon

Lei~ is on a distinguished road

i liked the old one better too!

anyways do you think any of the top three alliances will make a move?
Or might omen or tof enter the fray yet? How involved will allies in the top10 get thinking theres allies like omen, vision, tof, xvx and orbit around. Im seriously interested how orbit see the round for themselves. Whats your goals guys?

Lets get this thread back on the road. I think vision will overtake destiny. As they are starting to fall. Might just be optimism tho. :P
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 16:45   #406
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
look, you know what, if Ascendancy are that bothered about the standards of alliances not playing for the win this round do the bloody job yourself.

if your not willing to join the tier 3's, shut the hell up complaining about a situation you have sod all to do with in asc. your not entertained? tough shit. you want entertainment go to a bloody circus..

**** sake

you call yourself pros yet all you do is circle jerk on AD claiming how great you are. you abused a flawed system to claim a win without fighting at all. real ****ing 1337

god this community is full of egotists and spoilt bratts
Wagwan my brotha!
We still hittin that thang man!
Stoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 16:53   #407
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
Wagwan my brotha!
We still hittin that thang man!
i wait to be amased by anything ascendancy does.

its all bravado with you guys

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 16:58   #408
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

We can make better graphs than you can
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 17:11   #409
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
you call yourself pros yet all you do is circle jerk on AD claiming how great you are. you abused a flawed system to claim a win without fighting at all. real ****ing 1337
YES WE ARE AWESOME! I think we did a count the other day and Asc has somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 ex-HCs of various alliances. It's almost like there's skill avaliable, but people (myself included) are too lazy at this point.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2007, 17:12   #410
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinA
YES WE ARE AWESOME! I think we did a count the other day and Asc has somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 ex-HCs of various alliances. It's almost like there's skill avaliable, but people (myself included) are too lazy at this point.

thought you were getting rid of your net connection

<3 NitinA and Stoom tho

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 01:02   #411
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei~
Im seriously interested how orbit see the round for themselves. Whats your goals guys?
To stop Crowly finishing in the top100 at all costs....

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 01:07   #412
MAsta_MArk
Welsh palestinian!

MAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to beholdMAsta_MArk is a splendid one to behold

Our goal is to finish as high as we possibly we can, and considering we were 13th last round i think 7th is a damn good job, but still plenty oftime to go further up.

ps. we aim for 1st
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 01:09   #413
Crowly
Orbit HC

Crowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to beholdCrowly is a splendid one to behold

I aim to teach Bane that xp > value once and for all.
Crowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 01:56   #414
Man_At_War

Man_At_War is an unknown quantity at this point

aparently i am supposed to put some quotes in the forums and as this one seams to have moved away form the original topic here is a good place

\0/
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 01:57   #415
Man_At_War

Man_At_War is an unknown quantity at this point

And back to the topic, i would find it awfully nice of you chaps (and chapesses) if you didn't attack me so I can win the round.

thanks a lot
Unread 24 Feb 2007, 02:15   #416
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

Sure, just post your cords.

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 02:55   #417
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading the alliance limits rule:
"Alliance limits are 60 for the first week.
From then on, once the 60 limit is reached an additional 10 members can be recruited PROVIDING they are under half the average ("real") score of the top 10 alliance."

What do they mean with "real" score? As i see it, CT and Destiny can add members worth around 5m score, since ascendancy is around 1m avg score.
Is that correct? And if that is the case, things are much closer than they seem.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 06:33   #418
Stoom
Bragpack™

Stoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond reputeStoom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
I was reading the alliance limits rule:
"Alliance limits are 60 for the first week.
From then on, once the 60 limit is reached an additional 10 members can be recruited PROVIDING they are under half the average ("real") score of the top 10 alliance."

What do they mean with "real" score? As i see it, CT and Destiny can add members worth around 5m score, since ascendancy is around 1m avg score.
Is that correct? And if that is the case, things are much closer than they seem.
So Asc can add 10 more with 1.5mln score we can add 10 more with 1.0-1.2mln-ish orso? that's your point?
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 06:41   #419
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I had it clarified, it's the actual rule he's unsure of (and now me too, damn you Gio ). The wording is exactly this: From then on, once the 60 limit is reached an additional 10 members can be recruited PROVIDING they are under half the average ("real") score of the top 10 alliance.

The top 10 alliance right now is Ascendancy. Does the rule mean that the top alliances can recruit people who are under half the average of Ascendancy (The current #10 alliance)? Or does it mean the rule applies to top 10 alliances only?

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 06:41   #420
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

it means you add the total average real score of the top 10 alliances, devide it by 10, then by 2... and you have your number, any planets under that score can be added up to 70

currently it's 593k
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 06:43   #421
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoom
So Asc can add 10 more with 1.5mln score we can add 10 more with 1.0-1.2mln-ish orso? that's your point?
My point is i don't understand what they mean with 'real' score. And i am not sure what they mean with 'the top 10 alliance' either. At the moment, Ascendancy is the top 10 alliance. Unless they mean something else, in which case i think there are better ways to explain what they mean.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 06:50   #422
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

real score = total planet score, not score gained

so if the cap is 593k, you can add a planet under that score
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 08:33   #423
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
it means you add the total average real score of the top 10 alliances, devide it by 10, then by 2... and you have your number, any planets under that score can be added up to 70

currently it's 593k
Its says top 10 alliance, not alliances.

Thus i would say it refers to the alliance in question, not all top10 alliances.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 12:20   #424
are
former and current VGN HC

are is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of lightare is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^
Its says top 10 alliance, not alliances.

Thus i would say it refers to the alliance in question, not all top10 alliances.
It refers to the average of all top10 alliances. Had to learn it the hard way.
And real score is meant the actual planet score compared to the 'contributing scre' that planet gives to this alliance when it joins.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 15:54   #425
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

So it's safe to assume CT might have a 5m score cushion over vgn?
/me readies his ships
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 16:35   #426
Stoom
Bragpack™

Quote:
So it's safe to assume CT might have a 5m score cushion over vgn?
/me readies his ships
A wise man once said that assumption is the mother of all ****ups!
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 16:46   #427
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Wrong. False assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
Unread 27 Feb 2007, 17:45   #428
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Wrong. False assumption is the mother of all ****ups.
same shit, its only false then proved wrong so the first statsment is true

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote