User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Jan 2007, 22:19   #51
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why I don't use the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Trains I rarely have any problems with. They usually leave on time, and if you get delayed mid-journey they'll do their best to speed up once past the affected area.
I brought it on myself didn't I?

Got to Paddington at 14.10 for a 14.37 train. Looked up at the boards as I walked in.....CANCELLED. 15.37? Also cancelled. ****.

Got on the 15.03 to Bristol Temple Meads instead, planning to get off at Bristol and get a train to Cardiff from there. Got to Bristol at around 5pm and saw that the train to Cardiff was at 17.49. Bollocks.

Then a member of station staff starts walking around telling passengers for Cardiff that it was only going to be a two carriage train and that we wouldn't all fit on. There were a lot of people in the same boat as me, and since I could walk unaided I did as suggested and got a train to Bristol Parkway (Bristol has two main train stations) to catch a connecting train from there instead.

I arrive at Bristol Parkway to learn that the 18.02 has been delayed to 18.30. Oh joy. Eventually I struggle onto this with my bags and arrive at Cardiff at around 19.10.

As I start to walk down the platform steps, I heard yelling and shouting coming from the concourse. Suddenly masses of police officers in riot gear send me and fellow passengers back up to the platform for our safety - there must have been over a hundred officers. We weren't let off the platform for about 20 minutes, during which I could hear the barking of police dogs and the sound of horses' hooves. I guessed that the Cardiff fans had ambushed the Spurs fans coming back from the game, and I think I'll be proven right by tomorrow's local paper.

Got home at 8pm after a 7 hour journey that's supposed to take 5. Thanks First Great Western trains!
Unread 8 Jan 2007, 01:21   #52
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In California, using the train would be considered an unnatural perversion of god's will that we all travel everywhere in the automobile. Why else did he build the interstate system?
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 10:26   #53
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I just got home from a 13 hour train trip, and I swear to God that to drag me inside a train ever again you will need to threaten me with a gun, or make sure I don't have to sit beside a person who stinks alcohol, farts and snores for 10 hours straight. I haven't slept a second all night long, and now I'm too annoyed to sleep.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jan 2007, 11:50   #54
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I nearly always doze off on trains so often include them in my calculations for "how much sleep i get". Buses too. Aeroplanes also. In fact, most transport causes me to take forty winks.