User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 22 Mar 2009, 16:53   #1
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Politics

We all know the last week of PA is coming soon, and there is another war in the horizon. I suggest we write on this thread, who is at war, and who has NAPs. This will make it easier for everyone, including those who doesnt play, to understand what is really going on.
Luckily i find myself loved and trusted enough to know whats going on, but when i have spoken to members in other alliances they dont even know who they are hitting!

so lets get it all out in the open!
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 16:57   #2
HellKicker
Fook Yu
Cell-Out Champion

HellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the roughHellKicker is a jewel in the rough
Re: Politics

i have so much to say but i'm afraid i might get banned
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 17:19   #3
[ND]Byrney
Nobody

[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold[ND]Byrney is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
We all know the last week of PA is coming soon, and there is another war in the horizon. I suggest we write on this thread, who is at war, and who has NAPs. This will make it easier for everyone, including those who doesnt play, to understand what is really going on.
Luckily i find myself loved and trusted enough to know whats going on, but when i have spoken to members in other alliances they dont even know who they are hitting!

so lets get it all out in the open!
So what you've done here is made a thread asking people to say what's going on and not actually posted anything about what's going on? Despite being very much 'in the loop' by your own admission?

Great thread!
[ND]Byrney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 17:44   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ND gaves Ascendancy the 48 hour warning.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 17:45   #5
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

ND/Asc NAP is ending, amirite? I'd like to know what tick it ends, and who's on who's side.

This looks like ND's only chance at the round win and I'm glad they've taken it. It's been a great round so far and ND have acted to keep up its high quality. <3

Best of luck everyone: whoever takes the win will absolutely deserve it.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 17:51   #6
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
whoever takes the win will absolutely deserve it.
That's a bit of a non-statement. Since it already has been discussed previously that because we have an objective 'score'-system, anyone winning 'deserves' it.

As for the quality of the round. Yes I am liking it, a lot, although I do have some 'questionmarks' at some political decisions. I wonder what Conspiracy Theory and Omen will now do. When NewDawn 'chickened' out so to speak after Jonny's epic post and 'The Ascendocaust' stopped, it sealed the faith of Omen and CT. I wonder if they (and Vengeance) will now side with NewDawn to give them an easy ride or do a proper '**** you' now that their chances of winning or slim to naught.

I really wonder how Omen or Conspiracy Theory could motivate their members to fight another ones war. The only one I can think of is 'denying Ascendancy the round win', which
a) Isn't a sure thing, last time I saw NewDawn was in the lead and ceteris paribus would win
b) odd, because whatever you think of of Ascendancy, up untill now we played a pretty good fight, even the likes of Zoro and Junglemuffin must agree to that.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 18:38   #7
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion View Post
That's a bit of a non-statement. Since it already has been discussed previously that because we have an objective 'score'-system, anyone winning 'deserves' it.

As for the quality of the round. Yes I am liking it, a lot, although I do have some 'questionmarks' at some political decisions. I wonder what Conspiracy Theory and Omen will now do. When NewDawn 'chickened' out so to speak after Jonny's epic post and 'The Ascendocaust' stopped, it sealed the faith of Omen and CT. I wonder if they (and Vengeance) will now side with NewDawn to give them an easy ride or do a proper '**** you' now that their chances of winning or slim to naught.

I really wonder how Omen or Conspiracy Theory could motivate their members to fight another ones war. The only one I can think of is 'denying Ascendancy the round win', which
a) Isn't a sure thing, last time I saw NewDawn was in the lead and ceteris paribus would win
b) odd, because whatever you think of of Ascendancy, up untill now we played a pretty good fight, even the likes of Zoro and Junglemuffin must agree to that.
everyones going to pile on to asc... fact
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 18:42   #8
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

And this is *exactly* why CT never win anything.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 18:50   #9
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkee View Post
everyones going to pile on to asc... fact
The ramifications of that post on your future memberbase would be interesting to note. Doesn't really strike me as anything other than childishness to be perfectly honest.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 19:42   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Huge salvage donations to asc will give them the win!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:15   #11
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some terrible posts in this thread, particularly the one liners. Please improve by offering some analysis, for goodness sake.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:30   #12
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
And this is *exactly* why CT never win anything.
I'm confused at what you believe CT should do?

They are afterall only 7 million behind Asc as it stands, Newdawn and Asc are about to fight it out (1 on 1 lets face it Asc wins everytime), however if CT manage to peg back Asc with Newdawn, Asc will naturally peg back Newdawn and CT should get very minimal incomings through it. You guys have already stated you would ONLY attack the strongest alliance, so what that means in reality is that every alliance can hit Asc, and Asc will only hit Newdawn. CT could find themselves back in the race...

I am wondering what DLR's involvement will be also, considering that Elviz is getting closer to Gate for #1 planet.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:33   #13
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Some say that anyone who ends with top score 'deserves' it, I prefer to see the winning ally do some exciting stuff.

ND haven't had to war as hard as Asc/Omen. They've been intelligent with their engagement and didn't implode their chances like CT did but if they'd ended up winning by roidracing from now to the end I'd have felt unsatisfied. Fighting off Asc in the last 2 weeks (if they manage to do so...) feels more worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
I am wondering what DLR's involvement will be also, considering that Elviz is getting closer to Gate for #1 planet.
As far as I understand it, DLR's 3 main priorities are:
1) Have fun
2) top alliance avg score
3) as many t100 planets as possible
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:33   #14
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

They are afterall only 7 million behind Asc as it stands, Newdawn and Asc are about to fight it out (1 on 1 lets face it Asc wins everytime), however if CT manage to peg back Asc with Newdawn, Asc will naturally peg back Newdawn and CT should get very minimal incomings through it. You guys have already stated you would ONLY attack the strongest alliance, so what that means in reality is that every alliance can hit Asc, and Asc will only hit Newdawn. CT could find themselves back in the race...

With too much incoming, we'll be unable to peg back anything. So I think in that respect, CT very much have a quandary on their hands. They can sit around, build value, not pay much attention and make their move as things progress if they feel like it.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:44   #15
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game

I think they should gain roids. I don't think ****ing huge teamups on Ascendancy planets are the best way to gain roids. If it was me I'd be glad to have the chance to focus on growth again.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:45   #16
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
With too much incoming, we'll be unable to peg back anything. So I think in that respect, CT very much have a quandary on their hands. They can sit around, build value, not pay much attention and make their move as things progress if they feel like it.
So Ascendancy the most active alliance in the universe, an alliance with momentum, value and roids, an alliance with 40 more members than Newdawn and the alliance with probably the most efficient 'war players' wouldn't be able to hold up Newdawn?

Can I have some of what you are smoking please Lok.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:47   #17
Game^

Quote:
I think they should gain roids. I don't think ****ing huge teamups on Ascendancy planets are the best way to gain roids. If it was me I'd be glad to have the chance to focus on growth again.
Ascendancy has 150k roids, and will have alot of incoming, I fail to see how this doesnt equal gaining roids?
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:50   #18
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

It's generally accepted that you fail at PA so I'm not surprised.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:52   #19
Game^

Quote:
It's generally accepted that you fail at PA so I'm not surprised.
Well done Achi, countered the point fantastically.

There's nothing like posting a completely random personal post.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 20:56   #20
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

I just don't want to enter a debate with someone who is being so obviously disingenuous. You know perfectly well that Asc aren't the easiest way to get roids or even a viable way for CT to get the kind of roids it needs to win from a difficult position. All you are doing is pandering to anti-Asc sentiment by quoting banal generalities that mean absolutely nothing in terms of the practical strategy required for CT to gain the most from this position and to leave themselves in with a shout come the final days.

You also deliberately twisted what Lok said but I'll leave that with him.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 21:02   #21
Game^

Quote:
I just don't want to enter a debate with someone who is being so obviously disingenuous. You know perfectly well that Asc aren't the easiest way to get roids or even a viable way for CT to get the kind of roids it needs to win from a difficult position.
Complete and utter rubbish.

CT are 60k roids behind Asc, are you trying to tell me they can surpass Asc's roidcount (as lets face it, they would need to in order to beat them) by roiding randoms while Asc more than likely maintains its current roid count against ND/Omen?

CT's only chance to win is by roiding Asc, and hoping that Asc does enough damage to Newdawn to bring them down at the same time.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 21:20   #22
ATRO

ATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant futureATRO has a brilliant future

Just a quick question if i may, directed at ND if they would answer for me please.

Has this decision been left until Omen were so far behind they couldn't be counted as a threat anymore? Until it was basically a 3 way fight knowing that asc have been pounding hard on CT so it's a good assumption to make they would join against asc? Omen have made their intentions pretty clear from tickstart and VgN will jump at the chance to hit on asc i imagine.

Actually when i think about it i do think ND have played a blinder, most likely CT, Omen and VgN doing their bidding and DLR can keep an eye on things to hold onto planet/gal #1.

It's still anyones guess who will win, it is keeping me watching at least.
ATRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 21:27   #23
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
Complete and utter rubbish.

CT are 60k roids behind Asc, are you trying to tell me they can surpass Asc's roidcount (as lets face it, they would need to in order to beat them) by roiding randoms while Asc more than likely maintains its current roid count against ND/Omen?

CT's only chance to win is by roiding Asc, and hoping that Asc does enough damage to Newdawn to bring them down at the same time.
This is exactly what I mean by disingenuous. Only the Top 60 planets matter for score purposes. Which is what will determine who will win after all. Counting T60 planets you can half that roid gap and with ND and friends targeting Asc they are free to try and maximise these scoring planets. This actually suits how they play. Then, if there are some bloody conflicts between Asc and ND, a scenario some would even call likely, they stand to benefit massively whilst risking nothing.

Whether CT want to admit it or not they need to hit people they won't crash on to rebuild roids and morale and to put themselves in with a chance of capitalising on the forthcoming war. Becoming involved in it, whilst disadvantageous to Ascendancy is also adversely advantageous to ND. CT must beat both alliances to win so helping one of them is ****ing stupid. Which is why you are so gung ho for it. Unfortunately I have had the misfortune of being in an alliance with you long enough to know that what you post on the Forums very rarely reflects what you write in private and this is another such occasion.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 21:35   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I would be very surprised if there is a scenario where an alliance that isn't ND or Ascendancy can win the round now to be honest.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 21:37   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
So Ascendancy the most active alliance in the universe, an alliance with momentum, value and roids, an alliance with 40 more members than Newdawn and the alliance with probably the most efficient 'war players' wouldn't be able to hold up Newdawn?

Can I have some of what you are smoking please Lok.
You know full well that mass incomings, however great we might be results in containment of any alliance's firepower. If CT are interested in winning (if indeed you think they can win), they'll ND and Asc smash each other up. They are far from dead but they got badly hurt by us, very badly indeed - they are in no position to take on ND or Ascendancy if the battle to win is straightforward for them.

There comes a point where numbers trumps skill and given how Ascendancy fared with 3 on 1 last time in the short term (because that's all that's left in this round) a swift victory for either side would result eventual defeat. It's in their interest to see how it pans out rather than the tip the balance horribly from the early stages and then stand by as they get horribly outgunned.

So if I was them, I'd do exactly what NewDawn did to get into the position they're in right now. And if you can think of why staying largely out of conflict and watching the opposition kick lumps out of each other was bad for NewDawn, then I'd like to hear it. Because it's exactly the strategy I'm proposing for Conspiracy Theory.

Last edited by lokken; 22 Mar 2009 at 21:43.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 21:49   #26
Game^

Quote:
So if I was them, I'd do exactly what NewDawn did to get into the position they're in right now. And if you can think of why staying largely out of conflict and watching the opposition kick lumps out of each other was bad for NewDawn, then I'd like to hear it. Because it's exactly the strategy I'm proposing for Conspiracy Theory.
The difference is when Newdawn stayed out of the conflict the 'best' alliance (Ascendancy) had the least roids...

I'm hardly surprised that is what you are suggesting CT should do, given that it benefits Asc the most.

One things for sure though, the decision that CT makes will decide the round winner, interesting, very interesting.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 21:58   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
The difference is when Newdawn stayed out of the conflict the 'best' alliance (Ascendancy) had the least roids...

I'm hardly surprised that is what you are suggesting CT should do, given that it benefits Asc the most.

One things for sure though, the decision that CT makes will decide the round winner, interesting, very interesting.
Who has the least roids matters toss all. CT need to grow and build ships and hope that ND/Asc growth is curtailed, they're prerequisites to any CT victory if they still have a path to a win. The methodology is entirely the same as NewDawn's. CT will have made their minds up already, but if you think the strategy you propose will help them, then you're talking out of your arse.

So really your post boils down to the shitty ad hominem of "you're ascendancy, lol!", which I have no time for whatsoever.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 22:27   #28
Game^

Quote:
Who has the least roids matters toss all.
In your humble opinion then Lok, when do roids actually matter? You guys seemed to think they mattered ALOT when CT had them.

Quote:
CT need to grow and build ships and hope that ND/Asc growth is curtailed, they're prerequisites to any CT victory if they still have a path to a win.
CT will not 'outgrow' Asc, it really is that simple. The path you are suggesting leads to an Ascendancy victory, now while I can understand why you would want to paint this picture it by no means makes it accurate.

Quote:
So really your post boils down to the shitty ad hominem of "you're ascendancy, lol!", which I have no time for whatsoever.
No Lok my post boils down to a difference of opinion, one which you cannot accept. I'd appreicate it however if you countered the points raised rather than attempting to 'pigeon hole' me.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 22:51   #29
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
And your suggestion benefits YOU, ie Newdawn the most.....with CT hitting Ascendancy, it will give Newdawn more chance of landing on Asc planets, and less incomings on yourselves as fleets are tied up elsewhere, giving you more breathing space to get the win. This will in no way help CT go for the win as u seem to say it will...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 22:58   #30
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

I don't think there are any contenders other than ND and Asc, nor do I think roid count and roid racing will have any effect on the winner.

This round will basically now be decided by who helps ND or Asc to win. Which although maybe unfair will involve some interesting political play.
Unread 22 Mar 2009, 23:03   #31
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

Tbh, ct shouldnt choose a permanent ally here, just hit where they think they can gain most roids, be it asc, nd or even dlr. And I also think ct hc knows enough about how to gain "easy" roids to do this in a way that benifits themselfs more than another specific alliance. That way they still have a (albeit small) chance of winning.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..

Last edited by Zotnam; 22 Mar 2009 at 23:10.
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 00:38   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

Quote:
In your humble opinion then Lok, when do roids actually matter? You guys seemed to think they mattered ALOT when CT had them.
The fact that we had the lowest roid count is irrelevant to CT's situation. CT need to recoup their income. So who has what roids matters toss all to CT. They just need to gain some and have a recovery period to gain confidence and activity. Much like ND at the time, it's just all about growth. If they felt the need to intervene to address the balance, I'm sure they would do so.

Quote:
CT will not 'outgrow' Asc, it really is that simple. The path you are suggesting leads to an Ascendancy victory, now while I can understand why you would want to paint this picture it by no means makes it accurate.
Actually with an enhanced chance of landing pretty much anywhere and Ascendancy/ND being contained and probably losing fleets, I think they'll be catching up, even if their income doesn't reach Asc/CT like levels. But they don't need to help Ascendancy or ND in the immediate future. As I've said before, they can intervene later on but they've probably got no interest in the very short term.

Quote:
No Lok my post boils down to a difference of opinion, one which you cannot accept. I'd appreicate it however if you countered the points raised rather than attempting to 'pigeon hole' me.
Well really the problem I have is that your ideas don't really benefit Conspiracy Theory. I mean the logical conclusion of what you propose is leaving them horrifically exposed to one ally that would probably have overrun the other, thanks to their help.

My alternative is where CT get the benefit of growth and the opportunity to dictate the balance of the conflict should they feel uncomfortable with how its going, rather than tying themselves to one mast and potentially getting things badly wrong. You would lead them on a path to potential ruin and I see no reason for them to accept that.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 09:41   #33
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

It's great to read the fear in the Asc posts.

And it's funny how they seem to know what CT should do to have a chance in the round. After they have just dismantled CT's chances in the last few weeks.

I think evryone knows that the best course of action is to join the feeding frenzy without reprisal (as ASC will be hitting ND).

It's a win win situation for them.
They help take down the evil ASC giving them a fair chance to rejoin the race for number 1 and their other main rivals ND take the punishment.
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 09:44   #34
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

We do like it rough and dry

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 10:12   #35
Game^

Quote:
The fact that we had the lowest roid count is irrelevant to CT's situation. CT need to recoup their income. So who has what roids matters toss all to CT. They just need to gain some and have a recovery period to gain confidence and activity. Much like ND at the time, it's just all about growth. If they felt the need to intervene to address the balance, I'm sure they would do so.
Lok, you were asking why this situation is different to ND's position earlier in the round. It was also alot earlier in the round when it took place, not during towards the end. Now however we have the situation where the 'best' alliance has the most roids and has the highest value across its planets.

Quote:
Actually with an enhanced chance of landing pretty much anywhere and Ascendancy/ND being contained and probably losing fleets, I think they'll be catching up, even if their income doesn't reach Asc/CT like levels. But they don't need to help Ascendancy or ND in the immediate future. As I've said before, they can intervene later on but they've probably got no interest in the very short term.

Well really the problem I have is that your ideas don't really benefit Conspiracy Theory. I mean the logical conclusion of what you propose is leaving them horrifically exposed to one ally that would probably have overrun the other, thanks to their help.

My alternative is where CT get the benefit of growth and the opportunity to dictate the balance of the conflict should they feel uncomfortable with how its going, rather than tying themselves to one mast and potentially getting things badly wrong. You would lead them on a path to potential ruin and I see no reason for them to accept that.
Your suggestion would be fantastic if the round had another 6 weeks to run. CT have got to make up near on 30million on two alliances, and the only way this will be achieved is by putting pressure on these two alliances, which means CT will need to hit either ND or Asc now.

Now out of ND or Asc which alliance would you classify as the 'easier' to break and thus could be potentially chased down in the final few days? Asc when in a position of higher value have survived 4+ alliances attacking them for days before, are you trying to tell me this round will be any different?
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 10:50   #36
lokken
BlueTuba

It doesn't matter because without a strategy that maximises growth and builds morale, they wont beat either. Why the hell would a strategy that maintains the gap to nd with time running out be worthwhile?
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 10:52   #37
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

A word of advice, dont bother. Regardless of how right you are, its simply not in Asc's best interest to admit it on the forums.

I can guarantee, Asc will not be up front and truthfull on these forums, when doing so makes it harder for them to win.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 10:56   #38
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Why the hell would a strategy that maintains the gap to Asc with time running out be worthwhile?
FIXED!
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 11:01   #39
Game^

Quote:
It doesn't matter because without a strategy that maximises growth and builds morale, they wont beat either. Why the hell would a strategy that maintains the gap to nd with time running out be worthwhile?
Lok, you appear to be assuming I am saying that CT should hit Asc for the rest of the round...

The idea would be to pull Asc back very quickly and get a lead on them that they could be 'confident' in, and then move onto Newdawn with 4-5 days to go. This is of course presuming that Asc aren't actually able to damage ND themselves, which is very doubtful! (you have 120 planets fs)
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 11:20   #40
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Lok, you appear to be assuming I am saying that CT should hit Asc for the rest of the round...

The idea would be to pull Asc back very quickly and get a lead on them that they could be 'confident' in, and then move onto Newdawn with 4-5 days to go. This is of course presuming that Asc aren't actually able to damage ND themselves, which is very doubtful! (you have 120 planets fs)
You are much more fun in this role:

<@Theam> !quote good fight
<@Munin> <@Achi> Game talks a good fight though

Other than that, you are suggesting that CT could catch up with NewDawn after Ascendocaust pt2. has happened. While our suggestion is that CT lets Ascendancy and NewDawn stagnate eachothers growth while CT gains on both. How could that not be in their interest?
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 11:32   #41
Game^

Quote:
[/i]Other than that, you are suggesting that CT could catch up with NewDawn after Ascendocaust pt2. has happened. While our suggestion is that CT lets Ascendancy and NewDawn stagnate eachothers growth while CT gains on both. How could that not be in their interest?
I believe I covered this earlier by saying your suggestion would be fantastic if the round had another 6 weeks to run, in which time the roids they gain could then be used to build value. There is not the time left for CT to 'outgrow' both Asc/ND (how many times must I say this?), and to catch both CT will need to maximise the losses both sides suffer.

The only question to answer for CT HC is which alliance they choose to attempt to bring down first.

Hey though, I look forward to more Asc members making the same flawed points post after post. Repetition without actually addressing any points raised does not make for good reading.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 11:36   #42
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
I believe I covered this earlier by saying your suggestion would be fantastic if the round had another 6 weeks to run, in which time the roids they gain could then be used to build value. There is not the time left for CT to 'outgrow' both Asc/ND (how many times must I say this?), and to catch both CT will need to maximise the losses both sides suffer.

The only question to answer for CT HC is which alliance they choose to attempt to bring down first.

Hey though, I look forward to more Asc members making the same flawed points post after post. Repetition without actually addressing any points raised does not make for good reading.

Maximum losses to both sides as you are saying would not mean acting as leverage for one side.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 11:44   #43
Game^

Quote:
Maximum losses to both sides as you are saying would not mean acting as leverage for one side.
Forgive me, I'm struggling to see how your post in anyway correlates to what you are quoting, are you now agreeing that CT should hit ND or Asc tonight?
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 11:49   #44
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

No, they should pull an ND, fence it, sit it out and seize the opportunity to or hit both or one of them when it is clear who emerges victorious. Going in full force tonight is just no in their interest. It is in yours though.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 11:52   #45
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

CT will not win the round, whatever strategy they use.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 11:58   #46
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Given that as a premise I don't know whether they should help those that abandoned them (NewDawn) or should help those who obliged with the NAP they had at the start of the round and acted accordingly when CT dropped it (Ascendancy) or option 3, idle it out.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 12:00   #47
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
A word of advice, dont bother. Regardless of how right you are, its simply not in Asc's best interest to admit it on the forums.

I can guarantee, Asc will not be up front and truthfull on these forums, when doing so makes it harder for them to win.
JM is right. We're actually first right now. In fact we're so far ahead I'm surprised anyone else is even bothering to attack us.
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 12:25   #48
Zoro

Zoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura aboutZoro has a spectacular aura about

I think people are losing sight of reality here.

This a game.
The aim of the game (apartfrom having fun) is to win.

As it stands only ASC can win. Everyone would agree with this FACT.
They have more planets, more roids, more value and even more experience (at winning).

So if we break it down the only way any other alliances have a chance is to stop ASC. The only chance any alliances have a chance to WIN (which is the aim of the game) is to stop ASC.

Omen have the right idea. 'We're attacking the most likely winner (for fun) even though it looks likely we can't win.'

CT have one chance of winning (and it's not fenceshitting) and it's to destroy ASC, gain lots of score while doing so and hope that ASC do enough damage to ND to allow your alliance to sneak up on the rails.

ASC will brush aside an onslaught from just ND and Omen within a few days and then the round will stagnate for the last week.

Can ASC brush aside an onslaught from ND, CT, Omen, VGN and DLR. I don't think so.
In this senario I would give CT about a 30% chance of winning the round. If they do nothing their chances would be close to zero as ASC will surely win.
Zoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 12:55   #49
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to forget that CT is ****ing horrible though.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Mar 2009, 13:07   #50
[JungleMuffin]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
JM is right. We're actually first right now. In fact we're so far ahead I'm surprised anyone else is even bothering to attack us.
You know youve beaten JBG when the only weapon left in his arsenal is +troll. Thankyou for such an entertaining thread.

I dont quite understand all these suggestions that CT just sit off to the side and let ND/Asc duke it out. Are you seriously claiming that ND has even the slightest chance of surviving a week against Asc? Do you think its better for CT to let Asc slaughter ND, destroy any will they have for a fight, and then take Asc on solo afterwards? ND will last 3 days of concentrated action at best, while Asc have shown, that they can survive, if not flourish, under the same (or worse) circumstances. It would be folly to not take ur biggest rival out first.

Its not just that CT have to stop Asc in order to win the round, they have to gain score themselves. That will come from a large amount of lands on high roid, high value targets. Hello Asc.

Asc used a block to take out CT, and put themselves into this position. By claiming the strongest alliance needed to be taken out NOW, as they did with CT, theyve set a precedent for how to go about attacking the Alpha ally. As we saw with CT, attacking the strong ally NOW, is the most effective way of increasing your chances of victory.