User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Feb 2009, 10:14   #1
EnqVertisua

EnqVertisua is an unknown quantity at this point
Making 3 ETD Fleets..

Hi would like some advice on etd, this is only second round and am having problems deciding weather to make a 3rd fleet or just stick with a co fleet and bs. Thing is my bs is landing but my co fleet is finding it increasingly hard to land an attack without teaming up.. So.. What in your opinion would be the better and more effecient 3rd fleet to make DE or FR?? Please help
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 10:37   #2
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Making 3 ETD Fleets..

You don't attack without team up's on yer "defencive" part of fleet value.. as making it solo-offencive machine is too bad for yer fleets focus fire making your fleet loose it's edge in the long run(about in a week)

And you definately don't build a "3rd" fleet to split even more your value up, stick to defencive fleet what roids in shared targets if not deffing.. and the pure offencive one what's in either 1 fleet or 2 fleet slots depending on targs and are you sharing them..

Next time just ask Amon, he knows whatever he pretends to be he's still as old core as u can find in pa and knows he's stuff.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 10:41   #3
EnqVertisua

EnqVertisua is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice ill be sure to give amon a pm
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 11:10   #4
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnqVertisua View Post
Hi would like some advice on etd, this is only second round and am having problems deciding weather to make a 3rd fleet or just stick with a co fleet and bs. Thing is my bs is landing but my co fleet is finding it increasingly hard to land an attack without teaming up.. So.. What in your opinion would be the better and more effecient 3rd fleet to make DE or FR?? Please help
If your BS is landing but your Co isnt..

You could always Fake your BS using your Co? i.e. if you have 20k BS.. just send 20k Co at BS ETA :P (Just make sure your target doesnt have incoming scans).
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 17:45   #5
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

I would stop building CO and build DE instead
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 18:01   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

quite a few seem to be going for the DE fleet idd.

I entered the round planning to be pure fr/bs. Uncertain if I should have gone BS/DE instead

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 18:28   #7
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Both are fine, FR better offensively while DE probably is quite a bit better defensively.
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 18:47   #8
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I just loved the ghost, and the chance to do ingal def swaps with 0 fleets.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2009, 19:43   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
If your BS is landing but your Co isnt..

You could always Fake your BS using your Co? i.e. if you have 20k BS.. just send 20k Co at BS ETA :P (Just make sure your target doesnt have incoming scans).

Or just build some distorters.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2009, 11:43   #10
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

I apparantly decided to spend one of my res stacks on building an FR fleet after a few beers 2-3 nights ago. Tbh im glad someone killed them all at my base.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Feb 2009, 15:41   #11
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

lol. just mass your bs and then fake with your co as bs. easy peasy.
Unread 19 Feb 2009, 00:58   #12
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Feb 2009, 08:58   #13
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If you're struggling to find a target because your CO fleet isn't big enough, then you're going to have exactly the same problem with an FR or DE fleet!

Starting from scratch, it's going to be tiny. If you sink a lot of resources into it to try and make it useable, then your CO & BS fleets will fall behind and you'll find it hard to attack with them without having to team up!

I'd recommend picking a fleet or two and sticking to it all round; CO and BS are both useable (Most of my roids have come from CO ).

With my CO fleet, I invested almost entirely in defenders (30:1 ratio atm), this means I can hit xands who go FI, EMP etd/cath, and ziks or terrans who go for CR (with cutlass/harpy as their anti FI).

If there's a big enough target, I team up with a xand who we've made go heavy on pulsar & vsh.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2009, 14:44   #14
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

1)team up with a zik fi/co fleet with your real CO

2) fake your BS with a xan who has fi/co and BS. watch incscans.

3) real BS; solo, find a xan with heavy shadows, or find a zik with lotsa stolen shit

There are other options, but i find those very good.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 15:09   #15
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute

I'm landing co fleets, bs fleets, and fr/de combo fleets as ETD solo.

Or at least I am when there's not an array of def fleets!

To go in to a bit more detail:

There are still plenty of terrans that are relying on harpies only as anti-fi/co. War frigates screw you a bit so if you can cap some vipers all the better, but with the low eta fleet if you have say 40-50k smugglers most targets wont be able to build enough war frigs fast enough without risking losing them as well.

I'm having a lot of fun with my FR atm. I can fake DE as BS and with the amount of hidden FR I have I can really tear into people's fleets. The trick is to find an EMP planet that -ALMOST- covers your BS, so when you attack they simply build to cover and not get defense. Those breps hurt!

My BS fleet was lacking for a while as it was mainly only Scorps, and with the amount of FR/DE based anti-bs (gryphs aside) it was getting quite troublesome. But the Broadsword is cloaked and has an init of 4. You mass these and I dont care what they send, you'll still hurt them before they have a chance to hurt you. And Scorps are pure pwnage at EMP'ing xan/ter bs and zik/ter cr.

Good times

Last edited by t3k; 24 Feb 2009 at 15:15.
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 18:51   #16
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't like etd BS very much and I've been surprised at how well they've been doing.

Equal value bomber defence vs broadsword attack is horrendous for the etd, see this calc. If xands whore bombers you're gonna have to team up later in the round because there'll be so much eta8 cloaked def flying around.

I prefer CO: even though you'll probably have to team up most of the time just to deal with ingal frigs!
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2009, 19:20   #17
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
Equal value bomber defence vs broadsword attack is horrendous for the etd, see this calc. If xands whore bombers you're gonna have to team up later in the round because there'll be so much eta8 cloaked def flying around.
which is why you team up: click.