User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 14 Dec 2008, 10:42   #251
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: r29 shipstats

Yeah thats for sure, in this universe Xans have prospered and BS Terrans surely have not.

Targetting changes on cath is badly needed I agree there.

I do NOT agree on making TE DE better though MrLObster, theyre more than good enough as it is imo, if they are to become better offiensively then they have to become worse defensively somehow.
Unread 14 Dec 2008, 12:43   #252
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I still think a bit like I did here.

I'd peg the roach and viper targeting together. Probably make them both hit FR-DE. All DE ships would then have their EMP nerfed so that they were stunned at 130-160% efficiency.

I'd think of returning mantis to FI/CO/FR as well. Or adding an anti FR/DE killship and switching mantis to FI-CO.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2008, 12:52   #253
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

All the changes appoco wanted/forced on me were the ones that sucked

The spectre and xan in general didn't need to be improved, the widow was good enough anyways, terran bs wasn't as awesome as everyone said it was, cath really do always suck and the mantis shouldn't have had its targetting flipped or the fr bit removed

If there is one fact that always holds true about the races it is that xan are never underpowered and cath will always suck and blow by the end of the round.
Unread 15 Dec 2008, 08:08   #254
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate View Post
From the sandmans stats it looks like cath are indeed underpowered.
its not so much that they're underpowered, its that the majority of people that play cathaar try to exp whore (since its so easy early on) and they tend to suffer immensely later in the round. unless they keep ahead of the roid swap game or play for value and get decent defense - you can expect them to do poorly.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 02:26   #255
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

I don't think Cathaar are that much underpowered. It's more that some enemy ships are overpowered. Compare the Widow with anything the Cathaar has:
- better armor
- more emp power
- 3 targets
- better initiative
Recluse also emps more than the beetle and has better armor. Something's not right there. Fix Etd and you've also improved things for Cathaar.
Now if you make the Xan fi's a bit weaker (increase salvage/Mantis), you're done.
Cathaar tend to xp whore because keeping roids is nearly impossible.

Last edited by Gerbie2; 19 Dec 2008 at 02:33.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 04:19   #256
Zeyi
Tides of Fire

Zeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really niceZeyi is just really nice

Playing as pure DE terran has been fun, but large amounts of Xan Fi incs have been the largest of problems.

I'd like to see similar terran stats again, it definitely became a more playable race than in previous rounds. (Bare in mind my last round was 15.)

I don't think cath need changing too much either, it's more xan fi being ever so slightly overpowered IMO.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 10:03   #257
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I still think cath look underpowered on paper.

Their EMP power is low: If they go for vipers, then they're only ~110% efficient at stunning frigs. If they go for CR, then they're only 80-90% efficient at stunning DE. That's criminal IMO - especially with the spectre hanging around.
Unread 19 Dec 2008, 10:08   #258
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah somehow etd got loltastic efficiency compared to Cath this round, needs to be sorted.
Unread 20 Dec 2008, 12:21   #259
Gate
;D!

My epenis is ****ing huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Tbh I think caths look pretty weak. I expect to see them having a tough time for most of the round - CR caths will have serious problems with spectres and they're terrible at stopping FR or DE.

I'm expecting zik & xan to do the best. I think I prefer terran to etd but it looks like etds are more active from early sandmans figures so etds might do better.
t100 = 27 xan, 27 zik, 18 etd, 17 ter, 11 cath.

Anyway, from the outside it looks like the statsmakers did a good job, I'm impressed. <3

(except for cath).
Unread 20 Dec 2008, 12:49   #260
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
i'm expecting at least a change to the TE DE, at the minute its great as a deterent for wanabee attackers, but defence wise its lacking. I would like a slight tweak to inits at least to get them firing earlier.
I thought Terr DE was excellent in Defence, despite its numbers I found it sucked in attack, but that is in large part because I play for 0 losses where firing early is really important, which i failed to consider early round. Defensivly when I stood to gain salvage, plus the terr bonus improved even further by Fued I didnt care so much that I fired last.
If Terr DE has to fire earlier it has to lose its 100% in 1 ship type.
I think I was the only 100% De in Aud so I couldnt use my DC position to watch what incs the others got, but my incs were largely xan fi, where my initiative was best, not worst, not even achi had the revs to stop me firing back if I wanted to suffer the losses involved!

Im glad I went DE rather than BS, as watching the Aud BS ppl they got hordes more fi incs than me.
Unread 23 Dec 2008, 23:04   #261
MrLobster
Commander in Briefs!

MrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud ofMrLobster has much to be proud of

OK can we start another thread entitled Round 30 Stats? Seeing as r29 has ended, and also put on there any new stats.

"he's got a proven track record when it comes to showy art composition" - Tommy

<Sigi> Light: can I ask u how many open internet-windows u always have?
<MrLobster|PM> i have 2, the pa page, and the website for naked light pictures
<Ave> both has bad gfx
MrLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2008, 23:54   #262
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

Im sure it will pop up as soon as the first draft of next rounds stats are available

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2008, 23:57   #263
isildurx

I know someone is busy creating stats so thats a positive I guess
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 00:05   #264
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

an improvement on where we are sometimes at this stage them, can U enlighten us as to who? - or would that leave him/her open to being bugged about it until s/he is done? (peace and quiet over christmas ftw)

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 02:25   #265
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

will it be an evolution of the current stats or a brand new set ?
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 02:37   #266
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
an improvement on where we are sometimes at this stage them, can U enlighten us as to who? - or would that leave him/her open to being bugged about it until s/he is done? (peace and quiet over christmas ftw)
Appoco asked me to do them, I'm currently waiting on some responses from appoco as to what I can/can't/is possible to do. It'll be different from the current set. How different depends on the responses I get. Feel free to bug me about them. If your ideas are terrible I'll likely just ignore you without bothering to respond!
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 03:50   #267
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light

I feel sorry for PA having to rely on the irish for stats.
Unread 24 Dec 2008, 10:56   #268
isildurx

irish>finnish